Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Toshimo posted:

I am torn between wanting to post all highlights of Dark Cybertron, but I worry that it would take way too much wall of text to explain the backstory.

You could post the final conflict, where the coldly logical mad scientist Shockwave was defeated by a massive contradiction and the power of friendship, and it wasn't stupid or hokey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Well, they did spend years setting that up... And God the backstory was more gruesome than I expected GIANT ANIME ROBOT COMICS could get.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
But, Optimus v Nova was p great.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

5 Ronin #5

5 Ronin is a miniseries about reimagining various Marvel characters into feudal Japan. It revolves around a warlord named the Daimyo. Each issue is about a different character who wants to take him out and the stories intertwine. We get Wolverine, Hulk, Punisher and Psylocke in the first four issues. In the Wolverine, Hulk and Punisher stories, there's an old man who shows up, wearing a straw hat to obscure his face. He acts like a fool, but his actions tend to either help the characters or move the plot forward in some way. In the final issue, the Daimyo comes across him on a trek and is disturbed by his lack of fear in his presence. Thinking him just a fool, he spares him and moves on.

That night, he suddenly realizes where he knows him from. In a panic, he goes to call the guards, but they're already slaughtered. All he finds is the fool sitting alone.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

In case it's not obvious, that's the story's version of Deadpool.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
His name is Daimyo? Little on the nose don't ya think?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

CharlestheHammer posted:

His name is Daimyo? Little on the nose don't ya think?

Never stopped Kingpin.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I just wanna say, American Alien (#4) is so great:

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
did superman just cave in the back of batmans skull on the wall while simultaneously snapping his neck

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

willus posted:

did superman just cave in the back of batmans skull on the wall while simultaneously snapping his neck

Since Batman seems to have control of his fingers, wrist and arm I'm going to say it's just a lovely ceiling. My roommate once punched a hole in the ceiling by bouncing a soccer ball against it. It was weak because there were paper wasps in the crawl space chewing on it forever. Then her room filled with wasps.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Skwirl posted:

Since Batman seems to have control of his fingers, wrist and arm I'm going to say it's just a lovely ceiling. My roommate once punched a hole in the ceiling by bouncing a soccer ball against it. It was weak because there were paper wasps in the crawl space chewing on it forever. Then her room filled with wasps.

:stare:

Thanks for the nightmares.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

:stare:

Thanks for the nightmares.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Gavok posted:

Never stopped Kingpin.

His name isn't kingpin, he just is terrible at nicknames :colbert:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

CharlestheHammer posted:

His name isn't kingpin, he just is terrible at nicknames :colbert:

Pretty sure it's the same for the Daimyo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gavok posted:

Pretty sure it's the same for the Daimyo.

Please tell me his real name isn't "Wilsunyu Fiskyu" or some variation there of.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I don't think they ever say what his name is.

Coincidentally there is a What If issue of "Daredevil reimagined in feudal Japan" where they have Kingpin renamed as the Shogun.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Daredevil in Japan feels like such a natural fit that it's insane.

I actually have a pitch for a series of Marvel books that basically reimagine the marvel universe in a wuxia kung fu fable kinda thing, and even in that, Daredevil is from Japan, because he's that much of a ninja.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

Daredevil in Japan feels like such a natural fit that it's insane.

I actually have a pitch for a series of Marvel books that basically reimagine the marvel universe in a wuxia kung fu fable kinda thing, and even in that, Daredevil is from Japan, because he's that much of a ninja.

The Devil Who Dares ends up being a samurai, but it still works out.

When the issue came out, I remember talking to some people who didn't like the idea because of how simple it was to map. The entire concept was too fitting to be interesting. I sold them on it by explaining the curveball in it all.

"Bullseye is pretty awesome in this."
"Let me guess: he's some kind of ultimate ninja assassin."
"Nope. He's Matt Murdock, an American who's expertly skilled with a rifle."
"If he's Matt Murdock, then who's Daredevil?"
"Some blind Japanese guy."
"Huh."

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Feudal Japan Daredevil is just Zatoichi.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Gavok posted:

The Devil Who Dares ends up being a samurai, but it still works out.

When the issue came out, I remember talking to some people who didn't like the idea because of how simple it was to map. The entire concept was too fitting to be interesting. I sold them on it by explaining the curveball in it all.

"Bullseye is pretty awesome in this."
"Let me guess: he's some kind of ultimate ninja assassin."
"Nope. He's Matt Murdock, an American who's expertly skilled with a rifle."
"If he's Matt Murdock, then who's Daredevil?"
"Some blind Japanese guy."
"Huh."

That set of what-if's had the dumbest overarc instead of The Watcher just going BEHOLD and moving on, but between Daredevil Japan and What If Thor Was Herald To Galactus('s art) it was worth it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lurdiak posted:

In case it's not obvious, that's the story's version of Deadpool.

It wasn't obvious to me (:downs:), but now that I know, it makes sense. He's almost got the Agent X scar across his face.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

wiegieman posted:

I just wanna say, American Alien (#4) is so great:

Batman's a birther, now?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

prefect posted:

It wasn't obvious to me (:downs:), but now that I know, it makes sense. He's almost got the Agent X scar across his face.

It's more obvious as you read the whole 5 Ronin story.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I really liked 5 Ronin.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Uthor posted:

Batman's a birther, now?

Goes with him wanting to kill Superman for being an alien in the new movie.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Trast posted:

Goes with him wanting to kill Superman for being an alien in the new movie.

He caused 9/11 times a hundred!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Uthor posted:

Batman's a birther, now?

Vote Wayne 2016! He's gonna build a great wall around Earth to keep those illegal literal aliens out!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Found a fun site with all kinds of funny/badass/touching panels.
http://arousinggrammar.com/articles-sorted-by-character/

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I was so wrapped up in Samurai Deadpool's tale of woe that him directly addressing the reader genuinely surprised me, even though that's a major part of his shtick. Out of all the pages that have been posted here, this is one of the most impressive I've seen.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Oh I get it, he leaves him dead in a pool.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

qntm posted:

:aaa:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

qntm posted:

And then wades away?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

qntm posted:

Holy poo poo.

Nipponophile posted:

And then wades away?

God drat it.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
How'd he beat him? With will, son.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You guys are the loving worst

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
Iceman thinks it's a pretty good one.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Black Panther #6

Klaw has invaded Wakanda with a force of mercenaries and taken T'challa's mother hostage while the Panther was distracted elsewhere. He calls up the Black Panther and orders him to kill himself or else his mother will die, but T'challa does not negotiate with terrorists.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I always love T'Challa being stone cold badass, but I cannot help but laugh at the half splits everyone is doing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shakenbaker posted:

I always love T'Challa being stone cold badass, but I cannot help but laugh at the half splits everyone is doing.

Never stop working out no matter where or when.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Shakenbaker posted:

The artist is just inspired by the greatest comic of our time, Jojo