Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
welp that was fun. +800. time to reinvest in SC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
RIP Bernster. Thanks for the cash.

watwat posted:

welp that was fun. +800. time to reinvest in SC
What are you moving into?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

A Time To Chill posted:

I've got 200 shares of Hillary NO in NV. Am I the only person who prefers to gambooool in the hopes of a greater than 1:1 payout? It seems like everyone is trying to treat this site like a safe investment opportunity. Am I doing it wrong? :ohdear:

If I'm gonna gamble, I wanna really gamble. Play a market where there is no real way anyone knows what's going to happen until the very second it happens. No polling to help you guess or historical modeling to go by. Just over playing my hand to the point where if things don't work out I'm hosed but if they do all mistakes are forgiven and I'm super ahead.

gently caress I miss the Biden market.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

Peachstapler posted:

RIP Bernster. Thanks for the cash.

What are you moving into?

Rubio Second. Will live trade 3rd place I think. I was in on Trump winning a couple weeks ago and got out of that with a decent profit.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Yeesh. I got out of Bernie YES in NV with about a 25% loss, reinvested all my Trump YES in SC shares into Hillary NV. Once those hit 98-99, will probably reinvest back into Trump. Not my best day, but still looking profitable.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Also, a good afternoon considering I live traded and the site didn't crash.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Arkane posted:

Scratch that, looks like about a 2 point Bernie lead. It was just that wave that was VERY pro-Bernie.

Anyway, I went ahead and opened a position.

LEGGO BERNIE

RIP

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
"Hot" "tip" for next week:

:homebrew:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

2nd/3rd place SC markets are going nuts, I'm guessing exit polls are out somewhere?

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItUECpFi9_s

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Flavahbeast posted:

2nd/3rd place SC markets are going nuts, I'm guessing exit polls are out somewhere?

Thanks for the heads up. Cleaned up with some nice gains.

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Gyges posted:

If I'm gonna gamble, I wanna really gamble. Play a market where there is no real way anyone knows what's going to happen until the very second it happens. No polling to help you guess or historical modeling to go by. Just over playing my hand to the point where if things don't work out I'm hosed but if they do all mistakes are forgiven and I'm super ahead.

gently caress I miss the Biden market.

Biden market was truly amazing.

I'm not mad I lost today though cause I got in at a good price considering how close it actually was. One day a 55-45 coinflip will go my way ~I believe~

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
feeling good, made a ton of money

now time to become overconfident and lose it all again

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Jesus the SCPRMRY16.GOP.2ND is going nuts. I don't know if I should hold onto my Cruz YES or dump it considering the wild fluctuations--might just hold onto them, let it ride, and hope for the best.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Mike_V posted:

Jesus the SCPRMRY16.GOP.2ND is going nuts. I don't know if I should hold onto my Cruz YES or dump it considering the wild fluctuations--might just hold onto them, let it ride, and hope for the best.

Time to flip flip flip, friend.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

75% of SC voters were evangelicals and trump won the majority of them. Cruz is hosed, friends. (I'm buying CRUZ.2nd.YES shares low and flipping them as this news disseminates)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So when do you think the media is going to go nuts talking about who is totally going to be Obama's SC nominee?

Also, is the media as lovely at discerning who they'll be as I assume?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

a cop posted:

75% of SC voters were evangelicals and trump won the majority of them. Cruz is hosed, friends. (I'm buying CRUZ.2nd.YES shares low and flipping them as this news disseminates)

How big a majority of them? If he won slightly over half that still leaves over 30% to Cruz to, relatively speaking, victory?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Gyges posted:

How big a majority of them? If he won slightly over half that still leaves over 30% to Cruz to, relatively speaking, victory?

Wait yeah I don't know what I was thinkin' typing that. Cruz 2nd is still in play..but who knows!!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Kasich is apparently down to 1.4 million cash on hand at end of January and shares for dropping out before Super Tuesday are at .20 right now....

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If 75% of the voters actually turn out to be Evangelicals, that's pretty bad for Mr. Roboto. Trump pulls from everyone but the Mexican-Muslim-Ascetic cohort of Republican voters and Cruz is the only other guy in the race not splitting potential voters with other candidates. Excepting the raging rear end in a top hat demographic, of course.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
I doubt Kasich is going anywhere before 3/1 -- no evidence to back this up, I just don't see him giving up after a state like SC where he was never expected to do much.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

nachos posted:

Kasich is apparently down to 1.4 million cash on hand at end of January and shares for dropping out before Super Tuesday are at .20 right now....

Might not be a bad side bet - and might go up a bit with a bad finish narrative after SC/Nevada...? - but his whole strategy has been to hang in until Ohio.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

nachos posted:

He can't win a normal race and is a one and a half state pony but that doesn't mean he'll drop out. To the extent he has a strategy, it's to stick around, wait for Rubio to die a fiery death, try to make sure nobody wins the nom outright and then kingmaker his Ohio delegates for the veep slot.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It seems the Super Tuesday and beyond Democratic markets are over reacting to Hillary winning NV. 15 point swings for YES when Bernie almost won something he was supposed to have no chance at.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Gyges posted:

It seems the Super Tuesday and beyond Democratic markets are over reacting to Hillary winning NV. 15 point swings for YES when Bernie almost won something he was supposed to have no chance at.

You sound like someone who wasn't paying attention when polls finally dropped shortly before Nevada happened - one of them had him tied and another had him barely behind. He underperformed that by being -5%

Of course, it's weirdly hard to poll Nevada for some reason.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Cruz.2nd just shot the gently caress up :toot:

e: looks like a freak spike

e: nope, it's steadily rising, where are people getting their info..?

Trash Trick has issued a correction as of 00:30 on Feb 21, 2016

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
SC markets are strait up retarded rn

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

watwat posted:

SC markets are strait up retarded rn

It owns. Lots of easy cash flippin' poo poo.

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

I'm heavily in Rubio 2nd and Cruz 3rd. Am I truly completely owned already? Or might it turn around still?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

A Time To Chill posted:

I'm heavily in Rubio 2nd and Cruz 3rd. Am I truly completely owned already? Or might it turn around still?

My condolences.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

A Time To Chill posted:

Exits should be taken with a salt mine but at the moment Cruzmentum > Robomentum

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Adar posted:

Exits should be taken with a salt mine but at the moment Cruzmentum > Robomentum

I'm just wondering when it's time to freak out and accept losses of 50+%

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I bought a ton of a cruz.2nd shares at .40 and sold them for .69, the funny number.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

a cop posted:

Cruz.2nd just shot the gently caress up :toot:

e: looks like a freak spike

e: nope, it's steadily rising, where are people getting their info..?

I've been flipping it for an hour, but if I would have know I would have just bought at 29 and sold 90 minutes later for 70. But at least I was on the right side.

A Time To Chill posted:

I'm just wondering when it's time to freak out and accept losses of 50+%

It's so bouncy, that I wouldn't give all of it away now. Maybe sell a third immediately and take advantage of any spikes and dips.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Super early raw results about to start pouring in. Cruz / Rubio are either going to surge or tank drastically as people react.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
There's a 6 cent arb right now between Cruz second and Rubio second; just widened to 8 cents

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
If exits are right, result will be too close to call in a few minutes. Let's see if the anti-Trump 1st bet pays off with some delicious flipping opportunities.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
The Cruz campaign is saying they are a strong second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Adar posted:

The Cruz campaign is saying they are a strong second

They will be.

• Locked thread