Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
Hralp SA!

I got my Awoken Archdemon Luci, working on hypermaxing it, but not 100% sure how I want to go with this team;

God/Devils in my arsenal
2x Hypermax YomiDrag
2x Hypermax Z8
2x Hypermax Awoken Haku
Hyper Yomi
Max Skill Persephone
Hypermax Okuninushi
Red Sonia
Mini Red Sonia
Zuoh
Pandora

I was considering something along the lines of;
ALuci/YomiD/Z8/Pandora/Persephone

This would give me near constant orb changes, skill bind immunity, 13 skill boosts (holy poo poo), 10 rows, and the ability to clear binds pretty much on a whim.

I can easily hypermax both the Persephone and Pandora during this event with minimal to no stoning.

Thoughts from anyone?

Rasczak posted:

I think you might need to recalibrate your desire sensor bruh

I need to as well, I was looking for a green lit, and gave up after 4 runs, three of which were two dubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, skilling Elia has made farming Grisar much easier. It's not a cakewalk but makes for good combo practice since you can screw up a few times without being punished too harshly for it. I would hyper-max her but first I really want to know what Apollo is going to get (there are way too many thing I want to hyper).

She would be doing 33% extra damage.

Shevmo
Jan 19, 2015
Alright so the announcements for new crap in Japan made me go ahead and log back into my ol' Japan account. Gadius was my main dude there and seeing him get an ult made me curious, especially considering I don't have him on my NA account. Godfest going too, that's swank. I have fifteen stones waiting there so I go for it.

Ra (new)
Andromeda (2nd)
Gadius (3rd)

So apparently the Gadius love is strong in this account. Seems kind of neat. Really super behind on doing ... well, anything with this account. Not sure if I'll stick it out or not but hey we'll see! For now it's kind of refreshing playing around with an account that has way less options.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
So I found a chinese streamer who had a great box, and asked him to farm machine hera with me during this 4x skillup event. The dungeon is crazy hard and long but we clear it a couple times:

We both go 0/3 :lol:

At least it was fun, and I can say that I have machine hera on farm status. We ran ra dragon with dkali/dkali/orochi/kanna and dkali/indra/zeus&hera/isis, if anyone on NA wants to give it a go. Not that hard, just long.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Forgive me goons for I have sinned.
I spent 2 stones to clear descended carnival 3 and get lasercat I also spent 3k MP for a blue ancestral mask to ult okuni so I could chair run KoG this weekend.

I'm a bad PADder

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Valicious posted:

Forgive me goons for I have sinned.
I spent 2 stones to clear descended carnival 3 and get lasercat I also spent 3k MP for a blue ancestral mask to ult okuni so I could chair run KoG this weekend.

I'm a bad PADder

Say 50 Hail Sakuyas. Pour out a bottle of wine for Mei Mei.

Now go forth, my son, and sin no more. *motions with fingers as if looping orbs around*

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
I just ran Ocean of Heaven 3 times, not a single +egg. I kept a spreadsheet of run results the last two events, and I got nearly 1.5 +eggs/run over 200+ runs.
This event is broken

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
10x Kanetsugu is great, but man is it boring

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Valicious posted:

I just ran Ocean of Heaven 3 times, not a single +egg. I kept a spreadsheet of run results the last two events, and I got nearly 1.5 +eggs/run over 200+ runs.
This event is broken

We have all had this luck. The runs are annoying, and you will get those runs, but remember poo poo happens.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Has anyone figured out why game8 decided to put uuvo Pandora on A.Pandora instead another A.Pandora? Does she somehow need the damage from the dark subtype? Better stats? Needs that extra finger over the row? Lower CD? Those are all good reason, but seems like that haste is pretty powerful....

edit: Gonna guess it's the rcv, since none of A.Pandora's subs have decent rcv at all.

aherdofpenguins fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Feb 20, 2016

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Does Metalits count for 10x? It's not on this list: http://imgur.com/a/HfCEc, but maybe it's just out of date

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Nosre posted:

Does Metalits count for 10x? It's not on this list: http://imgur.com/a/HfCEc, but maybe it's just out of date

that's not a descended

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

dragon enthusiast posted:

that's not a descended

Word. Too bad :(

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Zuoh's new ult evo looks pretty drat good, might have to switch out Oku for him eventually.

Also I am at the point where my bad luci team is all assembled I just need to skill up pretty much everything and it sucks. Why does skilling up most things look like a nightmare.

Time to see how far I can bring this team with no skill ups I guess.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

A. Bastet is 29 +eggs away from being maxed out, what should I work on next?

https://www.padherder.com/user/SA-Pigeon/monsters

I don't have many/any of the popular flavours of the month, or shameDragons. There's A Sakuya but ehhh, Osiris but he's unskilled and a bit niche, maybe Awoken I&I or a Pandora for when the new ults arrive?

Barry Shitpeas posted:

10x Kanetsugu is great, but man is it boring

Yeah, it's really really good but really really boring, which is limiting how much I'm running it

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Battle Pigeon posted:

A. Bastet is 29 +eggs away from being maxed out, what should I work on next?

https://www.padherder.com/user/SA-Pigeon/monsters

I don't have many/any of the popular flavours of the month, or shameDragons. There's A Sakuya but ehhh, Osiris but he's unskilled and a bit niche, maybe Awoken I&I or a Pandora for when the new ults arrive?

I am in the same boat. I have a legit 297 rainbow team of Horus, Ra, Kali, Isis, and Bastet. Then I plussed my Shiva, then bought a Shiva dragon. I think I should work on subs but I am confused as well. Maybe I will do my Urd, as I use her on all mono red teams.

But I am also torn on just doing a new leader like Sakuya or I and I.

Help me!

https://www.padherder.com/user/Snowmankilla/monsters

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Finally reached 297 now I have to pick who it goes to. Do I hyper Diza and Satsuki to finish off my Yomi And YomiDra teams before moving on or do I jump on hypermaxing my Ra team which can turn into a Ra Chicken team.

I wish I had Indra, would make the decision a hell of a lot easier.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Farming Kanetsugu isn't too bad. It's a pretty short dungeon. I might get my second +297 yet. I can't stop feeding the high dark Ninjas to Angel Luci for skill ups though. I don't use him but maybe I would if he was max skilled. :v:

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Snowmankilla posted:

I am in the same boat. I have a legit 297 rainbow team of Horus, Ra, Kali, Isis, and Bastet. Then I plussed my Shiva, then bought a Shiva dragon. I think I should work on subs but I am confused as well. Maybe I will do my Urd, as I use her on all mono red teams.

But I am also torn on just doing a new leader like Sakuya or I and I.

Help me!

https://www.padherder.com/user/Snowmankilla/monsters

Urd is cool and has her new ult coming soon. If you use her on multiple teams then even better. Do you use Sakuya or I&I much now?

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Haku, my third +297, is completely +egged! Now I need some Badpiis or dark orbs for her. Probably going to use Badpiis since I still need so many goddamn orbs for UUEvo/Awoken forms.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

GoodBee posted:

Farming Kanetsugu isn't too bad. It's a pretty short dungeon. I might get my second +297 yet. I can't stop feeding the high dark Ninjas to Angel Luci for skill ups though. I don't use him but maybe I would if he was max skilled. :v:

It wouldn't be so bad if I could consistently break the defence on the high dark ninja but I need to hit like a row and a prong with shivadra, in the dark, so I end up having to grind through it

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Only rank 290 and I think I'm finally learning how to play this game now that I have AHorus. Ive been running almost everything mono-red with my Krishna teams paired with Shivadrag for 100 ranks or so. I think my AHorus subs are less than ideal though and I'm kind of fumbling my way through Kanetsagu. I'm running AHorus/Set/Isis/RValk/Okuni/AHorus.

I kind of need Okuni in there for delays right now in case I get a bad board and I know I need to work on skill ups. I also have Muse, XHaku, XPaulina, GZL and a not quite leveled NYHorus that I'm thinking could be good fits for this team. Anyone have other recommendations from my almost updated Padherder?

https://www.padherder.com/user/spamtron7000/monsters

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Spamtron7000 posted:

Only rank 290 and I think I'm finally learning how to play this game now that I have AHorus. Ive been running almost everything mono-red with my Krishna teams paired with Shivadrag for 100 ranks or so. I think my AHorus subs are less than ideal though and I'm kind of fumbling my way through Kanetsagu. I'm running AHorus/Set/Isis/RValk/Okuni/AHorus.

I kind of need Okuni in there for delays right now in case I get a bad board and I know I need to work on skill ups. I also have Muse, XHaku, XPaulina, GZL and a not quite leveled NYHorus that I'm thinking could be good fits for this team. Anyone have other recommendations from my almost updated Padherder?

https://www.padherder.com/user/spamtron7000/monsters

You're going to want to make Awoken Susano, he's a great defensive sub. Avoid 3-color board changers since Horus needs at least 4. Consider putting Asmodeus Another, Lumiel, or Fat Chocobo on your team in case you get orb trolled or you need to clear out jammers/poison.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

drat you, eye strain, stop interfering with my plus egg farming! :argh:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Mason Dixon posted:

drat you, eye strain, stop interfering with my plus egg farming! :argh:

Remember to only play for an hour per day!

Steely Glint
Oct 29, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Spamtron7000 posted:

AHorus stuff

AHorus has a really wide sub pool, and you've got a lot of its best ones. AIsis, ASusano, and Chocobo are my primary subs - their quick bind clear, shield, and DKali skills are really useful. AOrochi and Okuninushi also find themselves on my team pretty often. You could also pull off a gimmick mono-red Horus team with some subset of (RValk, Cao Cao, Set, Echidna, Kagutsuchi), plus Isis because you don't have any of the neat r/u monsters. As for NYHorus, congrats, though its more of a replacement leader than a sub. It has a higher damage ceiling than AHorus but requires a more precise board setup to reach it.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Barry Shitpeas posted:

It wouldn't be so bad if I could consistently break the defence on the high dark ninja but I need to hit like a row and a prong with shivadra, in the dark, so I end up having to grind through it

I'm running Saria/Thor so I can punch through it, I just don't because saving my actives makes it more mindless. I just need a couple more attack for Saria and then I'll probably stop chain running it. I don't know what I should plus next.

I only have AYomi plussed and soon Saria, so that covers my all the time leaders. I guess I should probably do a sub. Probably DKali since she's on my AYomi, ASakuya and ARa teams. None of those teams are optimal though and she probably won't stay on AYomi if I roll a dark heavy full board changer. Saria is probably my team with the best pieces but the only overlap with another team is sometimes I bring Apollo on ASakuya. I don't know.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Thanks for help. I'm also finding that Shivadrag friend with AHorus and all God subs gives decent buffer in case I can't match 4. Lower damage ceiling but good enough to clear most trash.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

dragon enthusiast posted:

Remember to only play for an hour per day!

lol, I turned of the "your stamina is full, play the game now you addict" notification a while back as it was p much constantly popping up

tbh, I've been playing less, but I think it's burn-out and being too lazy to swap out from playing Shivadra 99% of the time.
I think I might bench him and actually use the dozens of different teams I've ploughed hundreds of hours into.
If I can 297 all my rad blue stuff (shut up naysayers, blue is rad) that might help

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
That went... better than I expected honestly. Having barely any idea what I was doing I took on Athena Descended as literally the first Descended I've ever done, and managed to win with my Nephthys team. Now that I know I can do even some of the easier descended dungeons I've got a lot more confidence in myself (but still not that much).

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I've just realized that I have become too lazy to scroll down to select some non-bff shivadog when farming poo poo. Like, I get 10 pal points instead of none? great! let me run 50 dungeons to get a single roll.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hypermaxed one Kali, should have the other 3 finished by the end of the event. I'll throw Isis some plusses too.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Just finished my Bastet, though still need one more Woodpy. If I +297 Pandora next it should be a non ult version, to max a D/R one when that arrives, right?

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

trucutru posted:

I've just realized that I have become too lazy to scroll down to select some non-bff shivadog when farming poo poo. Like, I get 10 pal points instead of none? great! let me run 50 dungeons to get a single roll.

Speaking of, seems like I get 3-4 rolls every day and I'm assuming it's not from my Krishna. Do a lot of people here ride my Ilm?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Can people take a look and advise me on an A.Sakuya team? https://www.padherder.com/user/djently/monsters/

So far I know I'll have LKali and A.Susano. What should I put in the other slots?

e: Currently I'm thinking: A.Sakuya, LKali, A.Susano, A.Yomi, LValk

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 21, 2016

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Jinnigan posted:

Can people take a look and advise me on an A.Sakuya team? https://www.padherder.com/user/djently/monsters/

So far I know I'll have LKali and A.Susano. What should I put in the other slots?

This is a great resource - https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/leaders/awokensakuya

First thing that jumps out at me is your yomi. awoken her/him/it and enjoy the time-extends. Valk, fat chocobo, izanagi, even athena are fine. I'd say awoken yomi and fat choco are probably your best bets, and you can use valk until you get yomi fully awakened.

AH I missed you have Orochi. He is great for sakuya as well, as others noted. I also missed your padherder name is intronaut...love that band as well

Xenochrist fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 21, 2016

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

I finally did it! I rolled a Dark Kali!

On a JP starter :negative:

On the bright side, I have a JP starter with Saria and Dark Kali now.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Jinnigan posted:

e: Currently I'm thinking: A.Sakuya, LKali, A.Susano, A.Yomi, LValk
You've only got 80% resistance to skill bind there. Which is still pretty good, mind you, but... Eh, I'm paranoid about that. Always seems to crop up when I can least afford it. Chrono Turtle, of all things, can get you to 100%, and you can never have too many HP or time extends on a rainbow leader's team.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Rangpur posted:

You've only got 80% resistance to skill bind there. Which is still pretty good, mind you, but... Eh, I'm paranoid about that. Always seems to crop up when I can least afford it. Chrono Turtle, of all things, can get you to 100%, and you can never have too many HP or time extends on a rainbow leader's team.

I'm seconding Chrono Turtle as a valid option. Sometimes those time extends pay off way more than better stats, especially in 7x6 dungeons. Skill bind immunity is something necessary for some some dungeons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Rangpur posted:

80% SBR is probably fine. I mean, that's basically the odds of not getting a skill-up, right? Empirical evidence shows it might as well be 100%! :v:

• Locked thread