Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Bunch of stuff expired on the ship. I've no idea whats what so I just put up a 4% xp shrine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Only stuff that matters is the experience shrine and the resist shrines. Everything else doesn't stack with the newer buffs that don't ever expire and have a 4 hour duration. Experience doesn't stack either but it costs a bunch of astral shards to catch up and is such a small bonus. I'll put the resist shrines up in a bit.

[Edit] Looks like someone beat me to it, but I topped them off to 4 weeks.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jan 31, 2016

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
So is anybody still playing this? I've been playing on and off on Khyber since forever ago and I've got a small guild and the urge to get into this again but this apparently isn't the game of weekly drunken raid runs anymore so having people along would be nice.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I think there's actually a couple of people on Khyber. On Argo there's some activity but not a ton. You might be able to hook up with someone wanting to make a new character or TR and then do a set play time together, but if you just want to log on and be able to find people at any hour, there's not enough goons for that in a long time sadly =-(

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Yeah I know, there's barely enough in the general community. I remember there being a lot of poo poo going on at all times way back when the level cap was still 20 and mana pots would bankrupt anybody just starting out. Those were the days.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Update 30 first build is up on Lamannia.

quote:

Gnomes: Gnomes are a sharp-witted race that excel in a variety of roles, including arcane spellcasters. They start with a +2 bonus to Intelligence and a -2 penalty to Strength. This purchase allows you to create new Gnome characters on any server. FREE FOR VIPs!

Deep Gnome Iconic: Start at level 15 with a powerful Deep Gnome Earthen Illusionist! Deep Gnomes have access to special racial abilities and unique Illusion spells. This purchase allows you to create new Deep Gnome characters on any server. As Iconic Hero characters, Deep Gnomes also have the ability to use the Hall of Heroes Passport feature when entering the game. +2 Int/Wis

The new randomly-generated loot from Update 29 can now be deconstructed properly.

Arcane Archer now has a new active Tier 5 ability called Final Strike which deals area-of-effect damage on hit, and deals additional damage to injured enemies based on the hit point total of the enemy.

Various buffs to Artificer Arcanotechnician. Lightning Bolt SLA, extra lightning spellpower.
Lightning Bolt is now a standard Artificer spell

The proper Potions of Mnemonic Enhancement will now appear in the various loot tables.
The maximum possible bonus loot level to a chest has been lifted. Players should now see chests of the appropriate adjusted loot level regardless of their character level.
The "Spooky" bonus type, primarily found on Night Revels items, has had its name changed to "Festive" to support the bonus being used on non-scary things.

Ghosts of Perdition
The Wheep brothers now have high health on Epic Elite difficulty.

Party member voice volume can now be adjusted individually on a slider when in a party.
Bags will no longer automatically gather items if they do not occupy a backpack slot. This prevents an issue where destroyed bags could gather ingredients.

All in all a pretty good update, though it's disappointing that it's an update without an adventure pack. Doubly so if there's another 3 months until U31 with only a standard 4-5 quest pack.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Dunno if they have the team size to make a new race + iconic AND a decent adventure pack. I'm guessing there's a lot of overlap on team duties and their art department would have been squeezed unless they used a lot of boring recycled assets. Especially since lately they've been big on fresh art in the adventure packs.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Favored Soul was introduced with Eberron Unlimited, so was two packs, 4 new levels, etc, huge patch all around and of course they were banking on a big return (which they got).
Half races came with Update 7 which introduced Deception in Stormreach pack + Chronoscope raid.
Artificers came with Update 11 which introduced Secrets of the Artificers (4 quests, two raids, adventure area)
Druid came with an expansion pack.
Main iconics were an expansion feature as well.
Warlock was a no-Adventure pack mod.

Warlock was the first Update we didn't get a new Adventure pack in. 25 in a row. And a lot of the new quests are actually heavily reusing art, they're just using it in a new way instead of the exact same set pieces. Which is great. It should take some of the burden off the art team and it doesn't feel like re-used assets.

It's just a shame we're getting two no-Adventure updates in less than a year, especially with a level cap raise meaning we could use more content to help round out the end of the epic levels. I imagine they are having trouble keeping up with the art budget since the game isn't doing bad really, but it's not doing as well as we'd all like. Just sucks.

Woden
May 6, 2006
I hope they have a quest pack too and are just waiting for lama 30.2 or something to show them off.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Deep Gnomes are +2 int/wis -2 str/cha
Gnomish Proficiencies +2 haggle, +2 UMD, proficient with Light Hammers, Throwing Hammers, Warhammers
Racial Spell resist 10 + level
Small Size Bonus +1 attack/ac, +4 hide
Top Core Racial is 15% racial bonus to retaining a scroll when using it, +2% dodge, +2 MRR
Enhancements: Racial Wand & Scroll, +3 saves, tumble phasing, Conjure Stone (boulder toss int based), 6AC/3PRR, Color Spray, permanent blur, racial illusion DCs, Stoneskin SLA, +5-20 spellcraft, PK SLA, favored enemy

Iconic Past Life Stance: +1 Illusion DC, +5 acid spellpower. Passive: +3 MRR

goggles: +6 int, -2 SP cost extend
trinket: 13 balance, 4 dex
weapon1: +9 implmenet, 78 corrosion, acid lore v (15%)
weapon2: 125 spellpoints, +2 insight illusion focus
also two DPS weapons
outfit: +6 PRR/MRR, 6% dodge
helm: prot 5, healing amp 20
ring1: con 5, fort 100%
ring2: blind immunity, proof against poison 6
boots: speed 5, spellcraft 13
gloves: +1 exceptional con, 5 resist
cloak: -4 sp max, illusion focus 2
belt: vitality 20, spot 13
bracers: proof disease 6, 30 acid resist
neck: deathblock, exceptional int 1

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 12, 2016

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah but a lot of those were quite a while ago. Are they still the same team size? I have no idea. Especially as far as the Eberron Unlimited release and the xpacs go, those are major promotions and they'd want to stuff as much content as possible in those to get old and new players in. I'm hoping there's an adventure pack too but I wouldn't be too bummed if there isn't. Slightly surprised if they don't have one considering it's Update 30, though.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

It's also the 10th Anniversary, and they semi-hyped doing something cool for that. So far not a peep that I've seen.

Not really sure why they went with gnomes for the new race. I get people have asked for them for a long while but they can't remotely do illusion casters justice, and lots of the race focuses on illusion.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Gnomes look pretty weak, not sure if I can justify the AP spend on what looks like a mostly shuffled around halfling tree with some SLA's.

+4 dodge and 3 dodge cap/max dex is ok.
Hammer profs right off the bat as well as +1 competence to critical range for light hammer/pick/mace/crossbow/repeater and short bow/sword. Would be good if the imp crit nerf didn't bury hammers but may still be alright for artis and rogues.
Color spray is garbage, silence, daze and/or blind for 10 secs.
Boulder toss is also garbage, 20d4 with a ref save against int +20.
For the dragonmark you get enchant weapon, symbol of flame and a symbol of stun that uses illusion for a DC and will saves.

Edit: Past life is 3 MRR for the passive and +5 acid spell power and +1 illusion per stack of the active. I miss read how it worked on the TR screen.

Woden fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Feb 13, 2016

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Gnomes will be the ultimate in hagglebards.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Hey great news, Woden was right!

quote:

There is content in Update 30. It will *likely* be available for preview in the next lammania push.

Downside

quote:

At this time the Cannith Crafting update is being pushed out of Update 30 so that we can have further time on it to consider what we should do with Cannith Crafting.

Note not the deconstruction, "just" the update to make it useful again.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Past life is actually +3 MRR per stack for the passive and +5 acid spell power and +1 illusion DC per stack for the active. The TR screen was worded different but once you TR that's what you have.

Guess next life will be deep gnome warlock and then the one after too.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah that's what I said above! It's a pretty solid past life, just sucks having to play a gnome =-p

Woden
May 6, 2006

DemonMage posted:

Yeah that's what I said above! It's a pretty solid past life, just sucks having to play a gnome =-p

You kept editing though so I missed it :/

MRR is getting pretty crazy, I thought the 100 cap from light armour and 50 from robes would last a while but it's getting pretty blown out. Like 38 from the newish armour, 18 from PLs, 2 from tome and you're at 58 before even looking at whatever you get from your trees, shields, insightful, quality or mythic.

Oh and gnomes look awesome so I don't get the problem, if the Iconic was a rogue or monk it'd easily be my new favourite race.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

They look okay, I'm just not a fan of most shorter races in games. On the bright side they're not a *forged race which at least makes it easier to play pretty princess with them. And I did play a halfling cleric/monk for awhile back in the old days, so I'd probably be fine.

And at least if you're capped out or nearly capped out on MRR you have less to worry about gearing wise! Though if they're balancing around everyone having a 33-50% reduction, I feel bad for the people who don't (likely only an issue with undergeared people trying EE but). And Warlocks in particular have it easy mode, +25 from class so 83 before getting into enhancements and such.

PRR: 38 from Sheltering, 27 from past lives, 2 from tome = 67 = 40.2% reduction in cloth armor (like Robe of the Celestial Sage), +20 light armor = 46.6% reduction

So a warlock can have 45%~ reduction from both damage types with maxed past lives wearing endgame armor with no particular effort (beyond that significant effort). Pretty drat nice.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So what kind of crap should I work toward farming to be able to solo EE stuff? I made a post on the ddo forums asking for some sort of build and the only reply I got was "hurr just make bf paladin!".

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Phone posting but... Biggest thing is Displacement. Some things have true seeing but it's such huge mitigation that it's a lot more difficult without it. The more PRR/MRR/HP the better but I'd say as close to 100 and 800hp as you can get would be a good starting point for end game EE off the top of my head. Dodge too if you're in no or light armor in particular. 175%+ fortification, maybe more.

So basically a blade forged paladin is a great place to start. Warlocks are solid too but are a little on the flimsy side even with Enlightened Spirit and uh the temp hp clicky thing. Trap skills can be useful in certain quests, not sure about the latest ones but it rarely hurts at least!

It also depends on if you're interested in end game farming, raiding, or just want to finish it for the challenge.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 14, 2016

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Mostly so I can farm sagas for tomes and such. Finding groups is problematic as well. My bard that is 16b/2f/2r does absolutely fine in any EH but gets wrecked in EE. PRR is at 86 and MRR is 26. Most of my gear is old crap of course and my saves are not so hot. Also I am sort of sick of waiting on songs when I buff. Holy crap the delay when you have to sing 5+ songs can eat my dick.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Hit up Orchard, the chain gives the named items, and they're all really good items for that level range. Getting EE capable saves without paladin levels is pretty much futile. Best to mitigate it with Fire Shield, Freedom, Death Ward, Divine Crusader petrification immunity, etc. I'd also see about getting in some EN/EH Tempest Spine and I guess maybe Hound runs to get yourself some Leathers of the Celestial Avenger. No idea what the drop rates are like, but you can buy it with Tempest Runes on your 25th Normal run if you got perfectly average Rune drops (upside it's not a random list, downside that's still too many runs Turbine). Buckler might be good too if you're not a freehand Bard. A Legendary Pendant of the Warrior's Focus from the two Shroud flagging quests. Maybe a Planar Compass from there as well.

[Edit] Also the save thing might not be as bad with endgame gear, for example the Celestial Avenger stuff gets +14 insightful to saves, plus you can get Resist 10 or more. I just don't know what numbers you need for 28/30 quests on EE to reliably save (I think What Goes Up is 80ish) and too lazy to do the math right now.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Feb 14, 2016

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Oh I didn't get across what I really wanted to do. I want to farm some gear to get out of bard. TR into something that doesn't use songs because I'm sick of being reliant on them. I did like my 18pal/2monk BF I experimented on but I don't know if splitting into monk is even needed anymore for the evasion.

My current bard build is built around using the spear from citw. My saves are 40/40/32 with base ship buffs and I didn't know you needed 200+ fort I only have 115.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Tried one of the legendary shroud flags, the sewer one. Oh my god gently caress that crap. Massive HP kobolds that will not stand still and high hp slimes? Uggghhhhhhhh all those things I hated about low level brought into high level and made even more annoying.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
I've been having /loads/ of fun running in Unyielding Sentinel to get hp (1400ish)/saves (60sish)/+fort/etc on my artificer (which was way undergeared and now is semi decently geared), so that's an option on your bard until you TR into other stuff, esp if you don't care about destiny XP or need epic TRs for that sphere. I can survive EE, but damage is sloooow and it's boring as hell, so I just decided that solo EE builds were a ridiculous idea time to reward ratio wise.

Noricae fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 15, 2016

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Orchard has gear for everyone, and the Celestial Avenger/Scholar stuff is just super good too. So it's good stuff to farm, even if you want slightly different items, for getting out of bard too.

Also you don't even need to EE for skill tomes. Epic Hard sagas give 2x +3 options and True Elite just gives 2 more option, not a higher + value. That's easier to get the one you want, but also takes a lot more effort for most of them, so it's a pretty big trade off.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I read around a bit more and just went for an easy PDK 1f/19 warlock to grind out 3 lives for the PRR. Warlocks seem to not be quite as gear reliant as others so that helps too. Running around now instagibbing most things with the aura pulse + 2 cleave pulses on a hard streak for 2nd life. Hopefully I won't get bored again like I did with the other 2 guys I did a TR on.

Woden
May 6, 2006
So the anniversary freebie box lets you pick from a list of raid items plus some junk, all BTC. Here's the list:

mantle or the worldshaper
voice of the master
minos legends
some tome of legends turn ins
quorforged docent of battle
eardweller

hellfire crossbow
kundarak delving boots
7 finger gloves, shining crescents, chattering ring, belt of brute strength
chaosblade, marilith chain
gauntlets of eternity, madstone bootsring of lies
tharnes goggles, leviks defender
litany of the dead, staff of the petitioner, unwavering ardency, quiver of alacrity
antipode, balizadre, celestia, cleaver, needle, pinion, sireth
tovens hammer
epic helm of the red dragon
divine vengence

All one per character and since it's a turn in guessing you can't sit on it forever unlike the old boxes.

There's also one grindy quest with a similar setup to how mabar was, level 30 items need 200 widgets and you only get 8 per run maximum. No explorer killing needed, only the one widget and only the one quest it seems. here is a link to the new loot, think there'll be more but so far looks mostly skippable.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Hmm. Quiver is drat tempting since I don't ever want to run abbot. Just turn in a shield/tome and get the 30% striding on it maybe. Then again Speed is so prevalent these days... suppose I could take Needle or Toven's since I have an artificer life left, just seems lovely to take something I'd rarely use outside of that. Sev's new named items seem alright since that's insightful bonuses to stats, and that's not all the new items apparently, so we'll see. But yeah only the one new quest (and I hear it's not great to play) is disappointing, but better than no new quests/items.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Are any of those really worth picking up?

edit: Hrm quiver seems a likely choice yeah.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 20, 2016

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
All those times I tried to get an eardweller and never got one and now they give it away. :smith:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I can't even remember the last time I used my Eardweller. I mean 25 spellpower is an okay boss cooldown, but that's like 5% extra spellpower (less for certain hyper focused spellpowers with the epic feats going) and you have to swap it in, then lesser restore potion/cure disease a minute later. And it breaks frequently even with a ritual to upgrade its durability. And I bet you could have farmed one pretty easily now, since it's a 5% chance on elite, and elite is trivial as an epic character! They should be giving away a Bauble instead. That's a pain in the rear end to farm, and still pretty drat useful.

Also Tharnes Goggles and Belt of Brute Strength are still solid if you're doing a lot of TRing, but then the Quiver is even better if you're doing non-Iconic TRing. Sure you can use expeditious retreat boots pretty easily at 5 minutes a charge, but this is way lazier.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Only items I don't have from that list are: hellfire crossbow, staff of the petitioner, unwavering ardency, 7 finger gloves, chattering ring or tovens hammer. Hmmm, maybe go for the gloves even though I'm pretty much done with low level heroics? IDK.

Oh yeah, there was a bug with quivers in that you could craft a BTA arrow, put it in the quiver which would then make the quiver BTA. So you may be able to roll up an alt and steal its quiver, still need an Abbot seal for the upgrade to striding though.

Woden fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Feb 21, 2016

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?

ded posted:

All those times I tried to get an eardweller and never got one and now they give it away. :smith:

I just got one a few weeks ago after starting to farm it again; it drops very frequently now I think on elite. Took me two runs at least. It also sucks now :(

Might get a tovens, but I dont want to go lightning, I think... or quiver. I wish we could store BtC stuff on other characters. Time to see if the BtA quiver thing works :) Thanks.

Is that a normal Hellfire Crossbow or epic? Normal drops so much.

Noricae fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 22, 2016

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I'm guessing all the items are their normal variant unless specified otherwise. Which is why at least half of the items there are pretty pointless.

Woden
May 6, 2006

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I'm guessing all the items are their normal variant unless specified otherwise. Which is why at least half of the items there are pretty pointless.

Yeah, it's the normal hellfire xbow that drops like 10 times every chrono run. The wiki is slowly filling in all the data.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Trying to figure out what I'll be grabbing. Quiver for sure on one. Probably litany or eardweller for a couple other guys. I hope there will be other consumable options though cause none of that is useful for some of my chars.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

They did say today they are looking at adding a few items, including something for people who "have it all".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woden
May 6, 2006

quote:

I've just double-checked with QA on this and here's the lowdown: Any existing character that logs in when the event is active following the release of Update 30 will get a 10th anniversary token, which can be redeemed through an NPC in House Phiarlan for one of the anniversary items. Additionally, any new character created during the time the event is active will get a token when they log into the game world for the first time. Once the event is no longer active, characters will no longer receive tokens when they log in, and the NPC will not be available.

Hope they didn't mess up and put any good BTA or unbound loot in that list. :catstare:

Also looks like we all get a free character slot, pretty nifty.

• Locked thread