Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Cake Attack posted:

Millium annoying jusis is funny

Yes, but her annoying me is not.

Emma is alright I guess. Fairly inoffensive but I'd rather use Elliot. I mostly liked everyone by the end though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Levantine posted:

Yes, but her annoying me is not.

Emma is alright I guess. Fairly inoffensive but I'd rather use Elliot. I mostly liked everyone by the end though.

How can you hate a character who's essentially a walking, talking emoticon? :D

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Erpy posted:

How can you hate a character who's essentially a walking, talking emoticon? :D

She's basically a Neptunia character, so if Neptunia annoys the hell out of you I can't really see how you'd be able to stand Millium.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I noticed the name while watching a promo video, but I didn't realize that your teacher in Tokyo Xanadu is literally Towa (Kokone).

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Towa grew up tall in an alternate universe. Will we ever see Xanadu though?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Does anyone know what carries over from Cold Steel to Cold Steel 2?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Motto posted:

I noticed the name while watching a promo video, but I didn't realize that your teacher in Tokyo Xanadu is literally Towa (Kokone).

Towa has the same surname as Nayuta no Kiseki too. I don't think it means anything though, I think it's just a reference. Unless they retcon Nayuta to be some kind of distant prequel.

Crabtree posted:

Probably. Falcom wants to bring it over.

Some Numbers posted:

Does anyone know what carries over from Cold Steel to Cold Steel 2?

Just some items.

If Rean is below level 70 he gets 100x Sepith, Attack 1 quartz and Zeram Powder. If he's 70-80, you get all of the above plus Soul Blur and 300x Sepith. If he's level 80 or higher he gets all of the above again plus Saintly Force and 500x Sepith.

He also get either the Silver Medal if your rank was A1 or the Golden Medal if your rank was A0, which boosts your HP, EP and some stats.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Mr. Fortitude posted:

If Rean is below level 70 he gets 100x Sepith, Attack 1 quartz and Zeram Powder. If he's 70-80, you get all of the above plus Soul Blur and 300x Sepith. If he's level 80 or higher he gets all of the above again plus Saintly Force and 500x Sepith.

He also get either the Silver Medal if your rank was A1 or the Golden Medal if your rank was A0, which boosts your HP, EP and some stats.

I'm really surprised they'd give stuff for over 80. I can't imagine why anyone would grind up that high.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

I'm really surprised they'd give stuff for over 80. I can't imagine why anyone would grind up that high.

I think the idea is to use Shining Pom bait to get to level 80.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Crabtree posted:

We're getting Xanadu Next this year and XSeed have said they want to bring over Tokyo Xanadu if Next is successful.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

We're getting Xanadu Next this year and XSeed have said they want to bring over Tokyo Xanadu if Next is successful.

That's a bit odd, since Next and Tokyo aren't at all similar. I think Cold Steel's sales would be a better gauge of interest.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I vaguely recall that the various Falcom titles on Steam don't recognize Xinput and thus don't recognize the triggers/bumpers as inputs via DirectInput. Has anyone messed around with say DS4Windows to get them to work? I tried a bit and even though I can map those bumpers to keys and then map those keys to skills in the games, they still don't work in-game (but if I go outside of the game they will).

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Do they really need a early 00s dreamcast level diablo clone to determine if a Persona clone could sell these days?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Motto posted:

That's a bit odd, since Next and Tokyo aren't at all similar. I think Cold Steel's sales would be a better gauge of interest.

Yeah, but I guess it's something to do with them being "nominally" (even though they're not, really) the same IP. Ys works in the West, so does Trails, Xanadu is an unknown.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Crabtree posted:

Will we ever see Xanadu though?

Considering that Eurogamer interview had the closest thing to a "yes" that's not actually a yes when the topic of a Tokyo Xanadu being localized was raised, I would wager very good money that Xseed's working on it right now. Prediction: it's going to be part of their E3 announcements, alongside Valkrie Drive and Uppers.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What else is Xseed working on at the moment? A while ago it felt like they almost had too much on the go, now I can only think of Cold Steel 2, Xanadu Next and Estival Versus
I guess that's still a lot for a small company

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

What else is Xseed working on at the moment? A while ago it felt like they almost had too much on the go, now I can only think of Cold Steel 2, Xanadu Next and Estival Versus
I guess that's still a lot for a small company

For PC?

Corpse Party and Little King's Story. People also speculate that EDF will be released on Steam too but that's just a rumor. Sara's got her work cut out for her.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah, did they say which version of Little King's Story it was going to be, Wii or Vita?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh yeah, did they say which version of Little King's Story it was going to be, Wii or Vita?

An HD remaster of the Wii version it seems.

They also recently put out Nitroplus Blasterz and are about to release Return to PopoloCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale. So yeah, pretty busy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ah, that's cool, though the Vita version could do with it more since the framerate makes it essentially unplayable towards the end

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The vita version also ruined the Wii's original style for bog standard anime people which I never forgave it for. It still played like Little King, but it just wasn't the same. Well, with all those games in the pipe at least Xseed should have the warchest to fund Tokyo Xanadu localization.

Oh no, wait. Xanadu's Towa is just as small for a grown woman as her high school counterpart. Which is okay, straight towa in another game is also good.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 21, 2016

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Are Falcom trying to make Towa some kind of new mascot? Or is it just a little cameo, just like Magical Girl Alisa?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Towa is good and should be in every game

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

lets hang out posted:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Watching a play through of Sega CD Popful Mail, it has a really good soundtrack. All one track of it.
E: oh wait there's boss music, that makes two

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 21, 2016

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

lets hang out posted:

She's okay. I don't mind her and she's one of the least annoying members of the cast.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i wish angelica had danced with towa at the dance instead

tbh crow being all 'hey what if angelica is into george' if you choose to dance with him was bizarre but crow is a moron so w/e

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Endorph posted:

i wish angelica had danced with towa at the dance instead

Yeah, but then Rean couldn't dance with her.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

Watching a play through of Sega CD Popful Mail, it has a really good soundtrack. All one track of it.
E: oh wait there's boss music, that makes two

popful mail has good music, you just won't ever play it long enough to hear most of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpbu6zRHqXE

e; the pc engine version probably has a better soundtrack though tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH8g6ctrIyQ

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Feb 21, 2016

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

For the shining pom bait in Cold Steel, do the poms that spawn scale their exp drop based on your level, or on the chapter they are fought in?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
They scale by which part of the school dungeon you trigger them on but I believe they guarantee a level's worth of experience for each kill if I remember it right. Which makes you want to save them until near end of the game or new game plus as eventually only Shining Poms will give you enough experience to level in a timely fashion.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Shining Poms always give you enough experience to guarantee a level-up and their experience multiplier is locked to 1. So if you're in an area where monsters still give you plenty of experience, they're a horrible waste. They're best saved until the final dungeon, after you progressed to the point where further levelling up against the severely reduced experience scale-down would drive you nuts.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Erpy posted:

Shining Poms always give you enough experience to guarantee a level-up and their experience multiplier is locked to 1. So if you're in an area where monsters still give you plenty of experience, they're a horrible waste. They're best saved until the final dungeon, after you progressed to the point where further levelling up against the severely reduced experience scale-down would drive you nuts.

So I could use them at any point in NG+ and still get a level? I'm thinking of trying for 80 before CS2 is out.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

So I could use them at any point in NG+ and still get a level? I'm thinking of trying for 80 before CS2 is out.

Yeah, they're a guaranteed level up no matter what. That's how you get to level 80 for the max import bonuses for the sequel.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

lets hang out posted:

Emma is better

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

gently caress, I agree with Taint Reaper, I need to go kill myself.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

gently caress, I agree with Taint Reaper, I need to go kill myself.
you deserve it for not thinking towa is best girl

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

I have that rare official character art that you can't see on google images showing emma with her hair untied and wearing no glasses.

Emma is better

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

I have that rare official character art that you can't see on google images showing emma with her hair untied and wearing no glasses.

Emma is better
is art of emma without her glasses like a skin mag for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

I don't really like characters where half the cast keep talking about how she looks super-young. I don't dislike Towa but it's sort of "okay, Rean, stop talking about this" after the fifth time it comes up.