Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heid the Ball
Nov 2, 2005
Gordon's ALIVE?!?!?
That bench though.

Itoje is a great athlete.

Jamie George was everywhere, offloading for the Farrell try.

Marler keeping the scrum solid.

Danny Care doing his usual monkey business, quick as you like.

Can't compete with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Uhh.. The Munster / Ospreys game is pretty amazing o.O

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Tyma posted:

Uhh.. The Munster / Ospreys game is pretty amazing o.O

Rhys Webb :allears:

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

I like that he just showed up out of nowhere, even more tanned than before, and just appointed himself captain on the spot.

Edit : I like that he just showed up out of nowhere, even more tanned than before, just appointed himself captain on the spot, almost got red carded, and then got taken off for a concussion test, becuase he head-butted someone too hard.

Tyma fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 14, 2016

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

And then Benoit dived into another person

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Good game

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
If people were wondering, here is the story behind Farrell's hand gesture after he scores points:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/10700490/Salute-by-England-hero-says-were-battling-for-Jacks-life.html

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Plucky Brit posted:

If people were wondering, here is the story behind Farrell's hand gesture after he scores points:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/10700490/Salute-by-England-hero-says-were-battling-for-Jacks-life.html

Turns out Rhomann dey was right, no one is 100% of a dick.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

Turns out Rhomann dey was right, no one is 100% of a dick.

It's like Richard Loe - absolute piece of poo poo on the field, but off of it, by all accounts, a tremendously nice guy.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

goatface posted:

How does Parisse manage to be everywhere?

Well he does possess about 50% of Italy's rugby skill, so it makes sense that he plays about half the positions on the field.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Apollodorus posted:

Well he does possess about 50% of Italy's rugby skill, so it makes sense that he plays about half the positions on the field.

When he retires (aged 39) I really hope people pay proper tribute to him. For my money he's been one of the best players in the six nations for the past 10 years.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's almost single handedly kept that side afloat for a decade. Defeats holding at 'expected', rather then every one becoming another humiliating disaster.

I dread to think how many MotM awards he's picked up on the losing side.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
I wish Parisse got to win more. Top14 championship-winning captain ain't bad, though.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Plucky Brit posted:

When he retires (aged 39) I really hope people pay proper tribute to him. For my money he's been one of the best players in the six nations for the past 10 years.

He's a player that really transcends nationality and is just straight up regarded as an incredible player by pretty much everyone that has seen him play. For all the work he's done for Italian rugby, the man deserves at least a statue in his honour outside the Stadio Olimpico.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

He's a player that really transcends nationality and is just straight up regarded as an incredible player by pretty much everyone that has seen him play. For all the work he's done for Italian rugby, the man deserves at least a statue in his honour outside the Stadio Olimpico.

This one?

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
They should rename the stadium after that magnificent bastard.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Yes, because no great player has ever done anything shady on the pitch before.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 15, 2016

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

There's a reason why Parisse is any good. He's Argentinian.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Eh, both his parents are from Italy and only moved there in the 70s for work. He's not really Italo-argentino.

I mean he's way more Italian than Chris Wyles is American, and Wyles was actually born in the USA.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

Yes, because no great player has ever done anything shady on the pitch before.

Looks like a legitimate clear-out to me. I don't know what you're on about? :colbert:

:siren: And if anyone has Sean O'Brien and Dave Kearney in their Fantasy Six Nations teams, you'd best remove them before the next round. :siren:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/35579951

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 16, 2016

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

What am i missing here?

I really feel sorry for Ireland, how many 1st string players are they missing now? I kinda think that momentum is in Englands favour for next weekend.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

hitchensgoespop posted:

What am i missing here?

I really feel sorry for Ireland, how many 1st string players are they missing now? I kinda think that momentum is in Englands favour for next weekend.

This is Brian O'Driscoll about to be driven headfirst into the ground like a tent peg by Umaga and Mealamu. You can see O'Driscoll's legs are vertical at the right of the ruck.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Speaking of the Irish, they're playing the All Blacks in Chicago later this year.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=11590794

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Speaking of USA Rugby, Todd Clever (he's back, thank the Rugby gods) scored what may be the fastest-ever hat trick in international rugby last weekend against Canada.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Make it like this one

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/coopers-olympics-participation-in-jeopardy/

:lol:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

quote:

"He's a quality rugby player, he's been very passionate about playing for the Wallabies and I expect him to pass the citizenship test and line up in Rio," said Tietjens.

"It would be unheard of for someone to play for the Wallabies in XVs and then New Zealand in the Sevens. It wouldn't sit right."

But it would be fine for someone to play for the Wallabies in 7s and New Zealand in 15s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Devine

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I am 100% behind the idea of Quade Cooper playing all his rugby from now on as a part of the New Zealand set up.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
We get to talk womens' rugby in this thread?

A woman I coached for a season at the club level scored her first international try today :woop:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

We get to talk womens' rugby in this thread?

A woman I coached for a season at the club level scored her first international try today :woop:

Awesome! Who was she playing for?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
USA 7s

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Cool :)

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Anyone seen the latest out of South Africa regarding the management up top? The SARU is tearing itself apart at the seams, as the senior management is apparently in open revolt against SARU President Oregan Haskins, favouring CEO Jurie Roux - except Roux has been implicated with massive corruption and embezzlement allegations.

It must be quite galling to see the organisation you're president of still prefer to be led by a guy that might be in prison soon.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

quote:

There is no timeframe on the process but we're not anticipating any obstacles."

Uhhh surely the timeframe on this is before the Olympics?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

Anyone seen the latest out of South Africa regarding the management up top? The SARU is tearing itself apart at the seams, as the senior management is apparently in open revolt against SARU President Oregan Haskins, favouring CEO Jurie Roux - except Roux has been implicated with massive corruption and embezzlement allegations.

It must be quite galling to see the organisation you're president of still prefer to be led by a guy that might be in prison soon.

Have they reached peak WRU yet or just deciding to blast straight past that level of infighting?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

I'm pretty sure Grant Gilchrist is cursed.

2014 - Broken arm just before captaining Scotland in the Autumn Tests. Required surgery.

Recovers just in time to play in RWC.

2015 - Picks up a groin strain against the USA, out until last week against the Ospreys.

2016 - Breaks arm in Ospreys match.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Vaders Jester posted:

I'm pretty sure Grant Gilchrist is cursed.

2014 - Broken arm just before captaining Scotland in the Autumn Tests. Required surgery.

Recovers just in time to play in RWC.

2015 - Picks up a groin strain against the USA, out until last week against the Ospreys.

2016 - Breaks arm in Ospreys match.

That is just about the saddest thing I've read - that's horrible, horrible luck for such a good player.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's still young right?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Mid twenties, was being linked with a move to Toulon as well to replace O'Connell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Yeah, only 25 but it must be brutal for such a quality player to have to sit out for so long due to bad luck :( Hopefully it's not a serious break and he's fit again in a couple of months.