Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I love that the abreviation for your currency is Bs. It's certainly living up to its name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

fishmech posted:

Sounds kinda like South Korea - the Won there is about 1300 KRW to a USD (and has been for years), but the biggest note you could get til 2009 was 10,000. And for whatever reason a lot of shops would "strongly prefer" paying in cash for large purchases.

They brought out a 50,000 KRW note finally in 2009, but still no say 100,000 - and they still want you to pay for large purchases in cash.

China is similar. The USD is ~6.3 RMB but the largest note size they make is 100 RMB.

Fortunately everything is dirt cheap there outside of airplane tickets (the largest single purchase I made was ~13 USD, and hotels are ~20 USD/night).

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Chuck Boone posted:

What's the maximum amount of Bs. you're allowed to withdraw from an ATM?

Depends on the bank, mine's 6k.

Most banks also refuse to let you cash checks over a certain amount which varies depending on whatever they feel like it that day.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So how many ATMs just get bodily hauled away and sawed open on a daily basis?

Chuck Boone
Feb 12, 2009

El Turpial
National Assembly deputy Julio Borges said just a little while ago that he would support Henrique Capriles' plan to get a recall referendum going against Maduro. It's not clear if this is the opposition's official stance on getting Maduro out of office, but Borges' statement makes it seem like it is.

If the opposition does decide to go ahead with a recall referendum, there's good reason to believe that it will happen this year. If Maduro is recalled before January 10, 2017, the President of the National Assembly (Henry Ramos Allup) would become President of Venezuela until the electoral council calls for an election. If the recall referendum happens after January 10, 2017, then the vice-president (Aristobulo Isturiz) becomes President of Venezuela until the end of the presidential term, which is in 2019. I doubt the opposition wants to have the PSUV at the helm until then, so if this recall is going to happen, it's going to happen this year.

Cue the Supreme Court and the National Electoral Council working their magic to delay this for as long as possible.

-Troika- posted:

I'm not sure, but I don't think the trouble would be worth it. The highest denomination bill is Bs. 100. Back in October, a hot dog from a street vendor in Caracas cost Bs. 90. I'd imagine that the amount of money in a typical ATM doesn't really afford you all that much.

I do remember reading an article last year that claimed that the Central Bank was planning to start printing Bs. 500 bills some time this year, but I don't think that has happened.

fnox
May 19, 2013

-Troika- posted:

Very few, it's both not worth it, and most ATMs are the type that is fixed on a wall, not the big machines you see in the US. Your total haul would be significantly less than $1000.

Chuck Boone posted:

What's the maximum amount of Bs. you're allowed to withdraw from an ATM?

Per transaction, if the ATM is not from your bank it's 600 Bs., the daily total is pretty big, but that means that you have to do from 5 to 10 withdrawals to reach the daily limit.

Chuck Boone posted:

National Assembly deputy Julio Borges said just a little while ago that he would support Henrique Capriles' plan to get a recall referendum going against Maduro. It's not clear if this is the opposition's official stance on getting Maduro out of office, but Borges' statement makes it seem like it is.

It is to my understanding that the opposition is indeed going to do both a constitutional amendment and a recall referendum, ASAP, to get rid of Maduro and the TSJ and hopefully reestablish institutional order in the country.

Labradoodle
Nov 24, 2011

Crax daubentoni

Chuck Boone posted:

If the opposition does decide to go ahead with a recall referendum, there's good reason to believe that it will happen this year. If Maduro is recalled before January 10, 2017, the President of the National Assembly (Henry Ramos Allup) would become President of Venezuela until the electoral council calls for an election. If the recall referendum happens after January 10, 2017, then the vice-president (Aristobulo Isturiz) becomes President of Venezuela until the end of the presidential term, which is in 2019. I doubt the opposition wants to have the PSUV at the helm until then, so if this recall is going to happen, it's going to happen this year.

Well, poo poo. If you'd told me a couple of years ago that Allup might end up being interim president I would've assumed you were high as hell.

Today, Allup also floated the possibility that the assembly could declare Maduro has "abandoned" his post due to failing to fulfill his constitutional duties. If they go through with this, all they would need would be a simple majority to pass the motion and Allup would serve as interim president until the electoral council called for new elections, which should be within 30 days.

The question is, if this was always an option why wasn't it presented to the public earlier? Naturally, one would think it was discarded since it seems to be quite a stretch and the government could find a thousand ways to circumvent it. If there's some sort of agreement taking form in the background across government and opposition to get Maduro out as fast as possible through legal means, why not simply have him resign personally?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Chuck Boone posted:

Yesterday, Maduro met with representatives from the pharmaceutical sector to discuss the crisis. Maduro's solution: just make the medicine here, you dummies:

That reminds me one of the PSUV's candidates for the AN said, about the medicine scarcity: "we just need to plant our Acetaminophen plant then brew a tea for our kids".

http://www.eltiempo.com/mundo/latinoamerica/chavista-propone-sembrar-maticas-de-acetaminofen/15921096

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe
In the midst of all the dire news at least Venezuela's true revolutionaries are stepping up.

http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/11861

quote:

Caracas, February 19th 2016 (venezuelanalysis.com) - Protesters in working class western Caracas hijacked trucks belonging to Venezuela’s number one private food chain, Polar, this Thursday, demanding that the company cease hoarding essential goods.

Polar food and beverage conglomerate is Venezuela’s largest private food provider, selling a range of products from beer to corn flour. But its owner, millionaire businessman Lorenzo Mendoza, has been consistently embroiled in scandal.

He is accused by both the government and its grassroots supporters of hoarding food, misappropriating state-subsidised dollars for imports and even conspiring with rightwing politicians to oust the national elected government– although he denies the allegations.

“We communities in Catia decided to come out onto the streets in protest, one because there is not food to be got, and two, against the Polar business,” said one protestor.

A video of the ensuing demonstration made public by the community media initiative “LaOtraTV” (the other TV) showed at least five trucks parked on by the side of the road, just outside the Polar warehouse in Catia. They appear daubed with slogans such as “release the food, Lorenzo Mendoza” and “we don’t want poison, we want food for the people”.

The practice of hijacking vehicles to express political grievances has a long history in Venezuela - especially in urban working class zones in Caracas.

“In Catia more than 100 trucks with beer and fizzy drinks enter on a daily basis… but no trucks with food! That’s why we have taken a decision to put pressure on Polar, those carrying out destabilisation and smuggling,” said one Catia resident, who demanded that food be handed over to communities for direct distribution.

In the video dozens of protestors surround the vehicles, some wearing pro-government t-shirts, chanting “we want food, we don’t want beer” and waving home made-banners. Some appeared to accuse Polar of flooding the working class barrios with beer in order to “poison” residents, whilst others said they were sick of queuing to buy food.

“We know that they have warehouses full of food, but here in the barrio they’re selling beer,” said another resident on the video.

Troops from the National Bolivarian Armed Forces also appear guarding the trucks in the video, although authorities have yet to release an official reaction to the events.

In a press release on Polar’s webpage, the conglomerate claims that the vehicles were hijacked after drivers were “violently intercepted” by a group on motorbikes. It stated that it would temporarily cease distribution in the area as a result of the incident, and accused the government of stoking popular resentment against the business.

“This situation generated a momentary interruption in distribution to the zone, until the situation is normalised and the safety of the franchise holders and transport employees can be guaranteed,” reads the statement.

The official communication did not respond to the protesters’ allegations of hoarding.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh hey it's Borneo Jimmy, back from GBS.

(no one there likes him either :ssh:)

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Borneo Jimmy posted:

In the midst of all the dire news at least Venezuela's true revolutionaries are stepping up.

http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/11861

This is all a big joke to you huh? gently caress you

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe

El Hefe posted:

This is all a big joke to you huh? gently caress you

What joke? I think well all can agree it's good that protesters are striking back at companies engaged in criminal activities and I hope we see more direct action of this kind.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Borneo Jimmy posted:

What joke? I think well all can agree it's good that protesters are striking back at companies engaged in criminal activities and I hope we see more direct action of this kind.

You have brain problems, friend.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Borneo Jimmy posted:

The government controls the entire loving food distribution chain. Maduro recently fired all of the managers of Abastos Bicentenarios, which are government controlled super markets because of corruption, but the fault is somehow in Polar, the one company that is still producing food in the entire country?

You know they could just pack up and leave at any time since Polar started expanding into the rest of Latin America and they're operating at a loss here, yet they choose not to because they know the damage they'll cause to the people? Same with the Coca Cola, same with PepsiCo, same with Kellogg's?

Motherfucker do you want to come down here and experience this poo poo yourself? I'll gladly give you the tour.

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe
If Polar cares so much for the Venezuelan people as you argue, then what about the numerous times they've been exposed engaging in food hoarding by whistle-blowers?

Borneo Jimmy fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 20, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Borneo Jimmy please stop posting things

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Borneo Jimmy also thought people turning to subsistence farming was a good sign (its's collective!) Once the revolutionary tribunals have liquidated all the Kulaks, prosperity will return.

Chuck Boone
Feb 12, 2009

El Turpial
Minister of Electrical Energy Luis Motta Dominguez said just a few minutes ago that El Nińo *cough* and 17 years of infrastructure neglect *cough* have taken such a toll on the country's electrical system that it could completely collapse as early as April.

Dominguez called on Venezuelans to practice "conscientious, rational and efficient use of electrical energy", probably because that's the only measure that can be taken at this point. Malls are still operating on shorter hours.

fnox posted:

It is to my understanding that the opposition is indeed going to do both a constitutional amendment and a recall referendum, ASAP, to get rid of Maduro and the TSJ and hopefully reestablish institutional order in the country.

The battle between the National Assembly, the TSJ and the CNE (the electoral body) is going to be intense this year. A bunch of PSUV deputies (Cabello, Carreńo) have already come out a bunch of times and just straight up said that this law or that law won't make it past the TSJ as if it's a given fact. I mean, it is, but they're not even pretending that there's an independent judiciary at this point.

JeffersonClay posted:

Borneo Jimmy also thought people turning to subsistence farming was a good sign (its's collective!)

That is a good thing! Here, let me prove it to you: posts link to media outlet owned by the PSUV

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Borneo Jimmy posted:

Taking truck drivers hostage and stealing their cargo isn't revolutionary, Jimmy: its communist.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

JeffersonClay posted:

Borneo Jimmy also thought people turning to subsistence farming was a good sign (its's collective!) Once the revolutionary tribunals have liquidated all the Kulaks, prosperity will return.

Small-scale farming can be used to supplement food provision in a population of povert. What small-scale farming cannot do is meet the caloric demand of dense urban centers; while it may be able to meet caloric demand on the margins, such as for "organic" produce, it in no way can meet the baseline caloric needs of Venezuela's urban populations.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

My Imaginary GF posted:

Taking truck drivers hostage and stealing their cargo isn't revolutionary, Jimmy: its communist.

Is this like when a person accidentally manages to get two bots to start interacting on Twitter?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Borneo Jimmy please never go to Venezuela, we don't need another Malcolm Caldwell.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
On the contrary, Borneo Jimmy, go to Venezuela, and quickly.

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011
That guy's name is Aristobulo? That's wonderful. Are there other names this awesome? I remember there was a dude with an Arabic name too?

(Also, Allup's name, is that pronounced like Ayup?)

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

ecureuilmatrix posted:

That guy's name is Aristobulo? That's wonderful. Are there other names this awesome? I remember there was a dude with an Arabic name too?

(Also, Allup's name, is that pronounced like Ayup?)

Venezuelans are kinda famous for their names, yes.

As for Allup, both Alup and Ayup are common pronunciations. It's a Lebanese name, so there isn't really a clear-cut "correct" Spanish pronunciation.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

beer_war posted:

As for Allup, both Alup and Ayup are common pronunciations. It's a Lebanese name, so there isn't really a clear-cut "correct" Spanish pronunciation.

quote:

Some parents relish the challenge. Gilberto Vargas named his daughters, ages 10, 7, 4 and 2, Yusmary Shuain, Yusmery Sailing, Yusneidi Alicia and Yureimi Klaymar. His sons, one 9 years old and the other 9 months, are Kleiderman Jesús and Kleiderson Klarth.

Kleiderson Klarth :allears:

Chuck Boone
Feb 12, 2009

El Turpial
These are the names of some of the candidates that ran in the December 6 parliamentary elections last year: Mairalbert Barrios, Zulay Aguirre, Stalin Gonzalez, Genkerve Tovar, Yamelis Herrera, Anniany Tigrera, Leybys Barrientos, Lesbia Castellano, Blagdimir Labrador, Bussy Galeano, Bozo Marco, and Loengri Matheu. All 100% real, living human beings.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Chuck Boone posted:

Blagdimir Labrador

Holy crap.

Chuck Boone
Feb 12, 2009

El Turpial
El Impulso is a newspaper out of Barquisimeto, Lara state, which is a city with a population of about one million people. Today, the paper published a video on its YouTube page in which it interviews a pharmacist in the city about the ongoing medicine shortage. The video also shows testimony from a shopper who talks about his experiences trying to find medicine in Barquisimeto.

Here's the video, and my translation is below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avlBtJT9FG8

quote:

Text: Barquisimeto residents hunting down medicine

Giovanni Leal (Pharmacist): … anti-diarrhea… anti-pyretic, anti-seizure as well. Umm, pain killers are also really scarce, like diclofenac and apronax, which are for pain as well. Even though doctors give people three or four options in the prescription… if we don’t have one, we can’t substitute it for another. Most of the time we can’t substitute them because we don’t have them.

Isbel Acosta (Shopper): When the doctor gives you a prescription, he lists five kinds of the same medicine, and you can’t find any of the five. I need an injection for tomorrow because I’m having a colonoscopy done, and I can’t find it anywhere.

Giovanni Leal (Pharmacist): We ask for 36 atamel tablets, and we receive 12 little boxes… that’s how it is. The scarcity levels are too, too high.

Isbel Acosta (Shopper): We have to find medicine in other parts of the country, through friends, our children, because we can’t find it [here]. Specially hypertension medicine. It’s too difficult.

Giovanni Leal (Pharmacist): Lines form frequently, but many times after five, ten, fifteen minutes the line is gone because all we’re saying is “No, no, no, no”. That’s what’s going on across all of the pharmacies in the chain.

Isbel Acosta (Shopper): This situation is really difficult, Aside from the fact that you have to line up everywhere to get medicine. Look here — look at this line. Some might even say it’s short, but it’s been here since this morning. If you go to the [the pharmacy at the] roundabout there’s no line up, and the other [pharmacy] there’s no line either, because they don’t have anything. The shelves are empty. There’s some medicine here.

Giovanni Leal (Pharmacist): They say, “close the pharmacy, lock the doors” — can you imagine that? They think that we’re withholding the medicine, but if we don’t have it what can we do? We can’t do anything.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Borneo Jimmy posted:

If Polar cares so much for the Venezuelan people as you argue, then what about the numerous times they've been exposed engaging in food hoarding by whistle-blowers?

Why would they hoard food? They don't control the prices, and they are the sole producer of corn flour, a fundamental foodstuff of the country's dietary plan, because government owned companies that supposedly manufacture corn flour don't actually produce anything. I want you to find testimony of one loving Venezuelan buying corn flour that isn't branded "Harina PAN", AKA the kind that Polar produces.

How come the food just happens to run out right now during Maduro's presidency when there was plenty back then when nothing was intervened and regulated?

What about the loving medicines, Borneo Jimmy, you're gonna tell me that the pharmacies are hiding them just so people loving die?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

fnox posted:

What about the loving medicines, Borneo Jimmy, you're gonna tell me that the pharmacies are hiding them just so people loving die?

That's a rhetorical question right? Because Jimmy ain't gonna say anything to refute you, and he'll just be back in a week or two to pull down his pants and drop another little nugget of PSUV wisdom for all to see.

And people will challenge him on it as if he wasn't a troll. Every time.

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe

fnox posted:

Why would they hoard food? They don't control the prices, and they are the sole producer of corn flour, a fundamental foodstuff of the country's dietary plan, because government owned companies that supposedly manufacture corn flour don't actually produce anything. I want you to find testimony of one loving Venezuelan buying corn flour that isn't branded "Harina PAN", AKA the kind that Polar produces.

How come the food just happens to run out right now during Maduro's presidency when there was plenty back then when nothing was intervened and regulated?

It's called economic sabotage to force a change in government. Remember that the president of Polar has already been caught was caught discussing ways to overthrow the PSUV. Of course right wing businessmen are okay with people dying.

Chuck Boone
Feb 12, 2009

El Turpial
There's a fairly famous reggeaton duo called "Chino y Nacho" out of Caracas. They've been around for a few years, and they're famous enough that I know about them even though I don't keep up with North American - nevermind Venezuelan - pop culture.

Anyway, Nacho (whose real name is Miguel Ignacio Mendoza) gave a speech at the National Assembly last week in commemoration of Youth Day. Nacho's speech made headlines across the country not only because it'd be the equivalent of Drake speaking at our Parliament here in Ottawa, but also because he was extremely critical of the PSUV. In general, he criticized PSUV officials who in public appeal to socialist values, but actually live in luxury. Nacho said:

quote:

No one told me that government officials had homes in Aruba and the Dominican Republic. I’ve seen them. I’ve been with them (…) I’ve seen them wearing $1,500 shoes. Yes, I wear the same ones, but I earned them [through my singing career].

His whole speech is interesting and I'll try my best to translate it tomorrow.

Anyway, the day after he gave the speech, Nacho said that at least three agents from the Venezuelan secret police (SEBIN) had him under surveillance. Nacho made it clear that he was absolutely sure that the harassment he was becoming victim to was in retribution for the speech at the National Assembly.

Earlier this afternoon, Nacho arrived from Miami to perform at a concert (in Caracas, I believe). Nacho was detained by SEBIN agents as soon as he got off the airplane at the Simon Bolivar International Airport in Maiquetia, and was held in detention for a bit. When he was finally released, Nacho uploaded a short clip to Twitter in which he claims that the government had revoked his passport, making it impossible for him to leave the country. In the clip, a visibly agitated Nacho waves his passport in front of the camera and says:

quote:

Here’s my passport, which has been annulled by the main offices of SAIME [the Venezuelan immigration service] (…) I won’t be able to leave the country, but the struggle continues here. The struggle continue here in Venezuela. We’re gonna hit them harder, with everything, so that they’ll finally leave [power]. This is what I had to fill out [holds piece of paper to the camera].

The paper Nacho holds up to the camera appears to show a set of fingerprints on it, which are presumably his own.

The story is making a big splash in the media this evening because of how famous Nacho is. It's hard to draw parallels to North American stars, but he's easily one of the most recognizable names in the music industry in the country.

EDIT: SAIME is now saying that Nacho's passport has not been annulled, but that instead there was a "reading error" when the immigration agent scanned it at the airport. It's not clear if the reading error came before/after Nacho was detained by the SEBIN, or why Nacho left the airport under the impression that his passport was no longer valid.

Chuck Boone fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 21, 2016

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Classic harassment tactics, people who leave this country should never comeback, not while these idiots are in charge anyway.

The government are perfectly capable of throwing him in a SEBIN dungeon on made up charges and there's nothing anyone could do about it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Borneo Jimmy posted:

It's called economic sabotage to force a change in government. Remember that the president of Polar has already been caught was caught discussing ways to overthrow the PSUV. Of course right wing businessmen are okay with people dying.

Be quiet Malcolm.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
But they already forced a change in government. If this was a CIA-right wing-KKKapitalist conspiracy to create an artificial famine to discredit Chavismo, wouldn't they want to let goods back into the economy now that the MUD opposition has won their super-majority?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

JeffersonClay posted:

But they already forced a change in government. If this was a CIA-right wing-KKKapitalist conspiracy to create an artificial famine to discredit Chavismo, wouldn't they want to let goods back into the economy now that the MUD opposition has won their super-majority?

The MUD currently has as much power in this country as the Queen of England has in hers.

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011

beer_war posted:

Chuck Boone posted:

These are the names of some of the candidates that ran in the December 6 parliamentary elections last year: Mairalbert Barrios, Zulay Aguirre, Stalin Gonzalez, Genkerve Tovar, Yamelis Herrera, Anniany Tigrera, Leybys Barrientos, Lesbia Castellano, Blagdimir Labrador, Bussy Galeano, Bozo Marco, and Loengri Matheu. All 100% real, living human beings.

Everything is awesome. Thanks guys/gals/porpoises.

(Man, Canadian politics must look dreadfully boring to you, Chuck Boone.)

fnox
May 19, 2013

Borneo Jimmy posted:

Yes. He wants to overthrow the PSUV. I want to overthrow the PSUV. EVERYONE wants to overthrow the PSUV. Nobody loving wants the PSUV, they're corrupt, inept, rotten to the god drat core with their populism and the ruination they have brought upon us. Hell the PSUV itself is trying to force a change in government.

Oh, and of course, of course, the people who make a living making medicine, or food, are fine, just so drat fine with people not buying their products, yes, because that makes them a profit. Because of course they want to monopolize the Venezuelan market! The incredibly valuable Venezuelan food and medicine market of absurdly high operational costs due to regulation, where prices are set by the government and enforced with extreme prejudice, and where any profit you make is in worthless Venezuelan bolivares, as the government gets to decide whether you can convert your earnings into a stable currency like the US Dollar, and at very distorted rates.

Look, moron, this is the worst possible country to be a businessman in. It's probably the most hostile and difficult economic environment in the region, and if Lorenzo Mendoza had any of the power you claim he has, he would have reverted this situation a long, long time ago. If he actually didn't give a gently caress about the people, he would have closed shop, and rightfully so, because again, it's impossible to make a profit in this country and Polar is economically viable in other countries. Whichever big businessmen remain in Venezuela, they're there because despite adversity, they still somehow believe in the country.

In fact, the situation is so dire that I don't think you can even name another "right wing businessman" in Venezuela, because there aren't any left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

fnox posted:

Yes. He wants to overthrow the PSUV. I want to overthrow the PSUV. EVERYONE wants to overthrow the PSUV. Nobody loving wants the PSUV, they're corrupt, inept, rotten to the god drat core with their populism and the ruination they have brought upon us. Hell the PSUV itself is trying to force a change in government.

Not to mention that the tape our friend Borneo Jimmy mentions was recorded illegally, and it was a call between two friends.

That would be like tapping you, Borneo Jimmy, talking to another armchair radicals about how there should be an armed rebellion against the government and you should totally shoot them with rifles and poo poo, then having that used against you in order to charge you with treason.

There's a reason why these kind of recordings are not admissible as evidence.