Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Cruz closing in on Marco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011
God drat, Trump still manages 30+% even after savagely attacking the Bush's in South Carolina .

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Fox News just called it for Trump.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Fox saying Trump not winning by the double digit margin predicted by polls, shows a graphic with Trump up 12% so far.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

On the plus side, if Trump wins this the evanglical wing of the right is officially loving toast in the eyes of the GOP going forward no matter what

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Businessman Donald Trump will win

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

biznatchio posted:

Trump literally stood up on stage at a GOP debate and blamed 9/11 on Bush, then went on to win South Carolina and the veteran vote a week later.

He is unstoppable. Trump will be the GOP nominee.

I feel the same.

HOWEVER - one argument that suggests Trump's lead is illusory is how the establishment vote is being split because the field is too crowded. Bush, Kasich, and Carson voters may go to Rubio and Cruz, not Trump, once they drop out.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

Fox saying Trump not winning by the double digit margin predicted by polls, shows a graphic with Trump up 12% so far.

hi, welcome to your first election

(1% of the votes isn't representative of the final results, it's only representative of who picked up the phone first :ssh:)

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
A stunning win for Marco Rubio!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Josh Lyman posted:

We report, you decide.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
jeb is a mess

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
I'm over here rooting for Ted Cruz to get second place - this election has broken me

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

It will definitely end Trump->Cruz->Rubio

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Joementum posted:

Procedurally, not much, but whether because of its population, demographics, culture, or whatever, New Hampshire has a long record of voting for the outsider candidate and bucking the results from Iowa. That's why Buchanan and McCain (2000) and Bernie were able to win there and do poorly elsewhere.

Got it. SC does have a fairly good record of voting for the eventual nominee (:newt: excepted).

That said, with the few percent in now, SC looks very much like the RCP average, with only Rubio slightly exceeding. I don't think a ~10% lead by Trump would be unlikely.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

jeb is a waste

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I sincerely cannot believe that Trump is winning but I'll take an easy election for the democrats I guess.
Whatever, Republicans.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Jeb!'s donor is on suicide watch

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

This lady on CNN has a really weird voice and it annoys me.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
man iraq is going to gently caress hillary up

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I hate that Super Tuesday is being called the SEC primary when there are fewer SEC states than not.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I sincerely cannot believe that Trump is winning but I'll take an easy election for the democrats I guess.
Whatever, Republicans.

You overestimate the average American voter if you think Trump won't put up a hell of a fight.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Whatever, Republicans.

"Easy" in the sense that there'll never even be a hope of winning against him?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Trump running a bit behind in early returns up by Greenville and Spartanburg. Could be a pickup for Cruz/Rubio.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Whatever, Republicans.

The only way Trump winning would be an easy election for the Democrats is if Bernie won as he has significantly more pull among independents and disgruntled Republicans than Hillary does.

Trump is also totally willing to go for the throat with his attacks -- he stumped the goddamn Pope and called out W for permitting 9/11 to happen -- and there's just so much poo poo to go after Hillary for.

I think Hillary would still edge Trump but it would be a very close contest.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Trump won 1st, Cruz won 2nd, and I made money. GGs boys and girls.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

Whatever, Republicans.

"I sincerely cannot believe that Trump is running, but it'll be an easy primary for Jeb Bush/Scott Walker I guess"

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

"Winnow the field, which is to say they cull it down"

Pretty sure anyone who doesn't know what winnow means also doesn't know cull

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

I hate that Super Tuesday is being called the SEC primary when there are fewer SEC states than not.

Actually it's called the SEC primary because the fraud is outrageously flagrant and totally expected :eng101:

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Josh Lyman posted:

Just means they trust their exit polls more then 1 or 2% of the results

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 31 minutes!
Could someone post the most up-to-speed tracker for the GOP primary? TIA

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

New results coming in on the NYT site. Trump is killing it with 34.4%, but I have no idea if the areas that have reported are demographically favorable to him or not.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

i want to see jeb limp along so trump can poo poo on his brother through him

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Minsky posted:

i want to see jeb limp along so trump can poo poo on his brother through him

:agreed:

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
The Cruz-Rubio spread has run up to like 15 points at one time (i.e., buying yes or buying no on both results in ~$1.15); wish I could bet huge amounts of money because these arbs are insane

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Why's DD got such different numbers than the AP right now?

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
The RNC will invite Jeb Bush to future debates anyway in a desperate last ditch attempt to distract Trump from attacking Rubio.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
YES! gently caress YOU RUBIO!!!!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
CNN calls for trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

Actually it's called the SEC primary because the fraud is outrageously flagrant and totally expected :eng101:

They sure as hell don't call it the ACC primary :secsmug:

• Locked thread