Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

The Chosyn 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
https://twitter.com/davedoylemma/status/701218243915214848

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

hahaha holy poo poo nice

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Is that Frankie on banner-holding duty? (Ok yeah it is Moraes fights out of Almeidas gym)

Edit: this announcer's name is Jazz and his tag line is "it's about to go down".

DR FRASIER KRANG fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 21, 2016

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
LEG KICK TKO

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i first heard of dada5000 because dan quinn called him out and assumed he was a weird youtube guy trying to troll a mentally ill man. he's of fantastic fighting provenance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnL7-lIVJZ0

this is the only fight that makes sense scott coker please

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
Y'know, guys, this might shock some people, but I don't think Dan Quinn is right in the head...

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Holy poo poo the hilarity that would have been an errant volleyball flying into the cage at a key moment in a fight...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

acejackson42 posted:

Y'know, guys, this might shock some people, but I don't think Dan Quinn is right in the head...

So you're saying he's perfectly qualified for MMA

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Busy night at that rec center if Dave Batista, Jean Claude Van Damme, and Wesley Snipes are filming something in that cage as well. Maybe they'll play volleyball too.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

So you're saying he's perfectly qualified for MMA

Absolutely. Dan Quinn needs to continuously and incessantly call for this fight until Kimbo calls Scott Coker and says 'it needs to be done', because a Bellator show headlined by Dan Quinn beating the holy crap out of Kimbo on national TV could be the best thing ever commited to video tape. I mean, just imagine the lunacy leading up to the fight... It has to happen, it needs to happen and if there is justice in the world, it will happen.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Know that I realize someone might die in that fight... that bridge will be crossed when it happens.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

I saw a clip of a dude getting knocked out during this event and throughout you can hear the whistle from the volleyball game in the background.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I don't think you're allowed to call your event the world series of anything if you have to cobook a rec centre with a volleyball game.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
dada5000 get on stevia hater

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

attackmole posted:

I don't think you're allowed to call your event the world series of anything if you have to cobook a rec centre with a volleyball game.

what about the world series of volleyball

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
World Series of rec centre administration

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mayhem's descent continues

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Chris James 2 posted:

Mayhem's descent continues

that's actually the profile picture of my parody account CoolStephenHawking aka Hipster_Hawking

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
"The way I see it, this is bringing it all out to the surface and prove my point. It’s going to prove a whole other point, too and that’s that who said fighting never proved anything. It’s for drat sure proving my point that you just run around and you market yourself, you paint your hair — you got that poo poo stripe running down your forehead, right down the middle of your hair," Diaz exlained…sort of. "What the gently caress is that? You just have that poo poo — you have a character — and you have to walk around and be that rear end in a top hat everyday? That’s too bad for you, man. ‘I don’t know why he’d want to live his life like that…this and that, whoopty whoop’ talk poo poo about me. Look at you, motherfucker; you got gold teeth and funny hair. What the gently caress is that? I don’t know why you want to live your life like that, man."

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
mayhem would just be having a regular style breakdown right now if he didn't spend years being cheered on by adult men who gave him all the attention he craves because they thought the word monkey is funny. it would be sad if it was possible to feel anything but embarrassment for that dumbass

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

mayhem would just be having a regular style breakdown right now if he didn't spend years being cheered on by adult men who gave him all the attention he craves because they thought the word monkey is funny. it would be sad if it was possible to feel anything but embarrassment for that dumbass

sooo Mayhem is MMA's Wesley Willis?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono posted:

sooo Mayhem is MMA's Wesley Willis?

Mayhem couldn't whoop Batman's rear end

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007
I thought Mayhem was a pretty good coach on TUF14. But maybe that's just because Bisping stinks.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Neeber posted:

I thought Mayhem was a pretty good coach on TUF14. But maybe that's just because Bisping stinks.

He hadn't gone off his meds yet during TUF.

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007
That explains so much... Was he off his meds by the time he got beat by Bisping? Or did that start/re-start the downward spiral to one-eye miller?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Neeber posted:

That explains so much... Was he off his meds by the time he got beat by Bisping?

Shortly after that, was my understanding, but this is all third-hand.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

quote:

On Sunday, February 21, 2016, Team Shamrock has officially filed a complaint with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) disputing the foul missed by the ref for Bellator 149 on February 19, 2016. The contest was stopped erroneously due to Ken Shamrock’s inability to fight back or protect himself after the illegal knee to the groin. The replay of the low blow was shown several times to the fans at the Toyota Center where the contest was held. Each time it was played, the fans gasped and booed relentlessly when they witnessed the groin being kneed.

Fans from around the world have been calling for an immediate rematch between Ken Shamrock and Royce Gracie. There should be no delay scheduling this redo as the fans had expected to watch this historic bout. Instead, the fans who watched in record numbers were robbed from seeing what they were expecting to see. They expected to witness a rivalry 23 years in the making come to a close. However, the fans are left disenfranchised. The fans lost out on a missed call on an obvious illegal foul. Shamrock and Gracie fought in UFC 1 and 3, and most recently in Bellator 149, which was supposed to be the bout to finally settle things once and for all. That did NOT happen, but it should and soon.

Furthermore, the next bout, if it is to happen, should NOT be ‘Shamrock vs Gracie 4.’ Rather, it should be a redo of ‘Shamrock vs Gracie 3.’ The Shamrock vs Gracie 3 fight is expected to be rendered a no-contest by the TDLR, which in essence would nullify the previous fight. Therefore, the next fight should be considered a restart of the original trilogy. The missed call warrants a full redo, and a complete rematch is essential to help preserve the rich history that these two fighters have created.

A required rematch has seldom been as warranted as the recent Shamrock versus Gracie fight.

A fight of such magnitude must NOT end on a missed call. This legendary fight diserves to happen the correct way—for the fans.

Thank you for the support shown to Ken Shamrock. All the posts, comments, videos, and tweets are appreciated. Ken Shamrock reads the majority of them. Ken personally thanks you.

Starting immediately, we are now scheduling select interviews to talk about the: 1) trilogy fight, 2) the obvious missed foul, and 3) the call for a rematch. Other questions also welcome. Please go to https://www.kenshamrock.com to schedule an interview.
lol

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I agree with pretty much every word of that actually minus the hyperbole about what to name it. The fight was literally 100% for pride's sake. For it to go the way it did is really upsetting. Royce Gracie makes me sad.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Yesssss

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

It just had to be TLDR.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i feel the same way about david foster wallace

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Hopefully Bellator sorts this out quickly so that they can move on to Ken's rubber match with Dan Severn.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Bundt Cake posted:

i feel the same way about david foster wallace

infinite jesth

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Some motherfuckers don't know what disenfranchise means.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Looks like Bellator has decided how to spin the Kimbo/Dada match....

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

CommonShore posted:

Looks like Bellator has decided how to spin the Kimbo/Dada match....

Depending on how you read that headline, it's not wrong.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
does the texas ac report payouts? iirc they give kimbo like 500k a fight but i'm curious what dada5000 took to nearly die in the world's best attended intro boxercise class

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Kimbo Slice: "MMA FIghter Wins By TKO." Bystander Kimbo Slice has claimed to our reporter that a MMA fighter won a bout via TKO in the third round. We have no way of confirming at this time. Kimbo describes himself as an avid fan of the sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Work Friend Keven posted:

Kimbo Slice: "MMA FIghter Wins By TKO." Bystander Kimbo Slice has claimed to our reporter that a MMA fighter won a bout via TKO in the third round. We have no way of confirming at this time. Kimbo describes himself as an avid fan of the sport.

lol