Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Anora posted:

It also doesn't help that in America we don't really seem to teach our kids enough about folk lore to have them give a poo poo if John Henry is in a game. And the ones we do remember, we hold up in reverance, so seeing them thrown about all goofy like is a bit jarring. Then all of the poo poo like a bad demo, needing Amiibos that weren't (and still aren't) available en masse for character unlocks, and the speed up patch. It was really just the perfect storm to tank the game.

american folklore owns because half of it was just made up for the sake of having american folklore exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I'd say 180 shipped is a fair price, going by ebay sold listings. I also have the cute little keychain guys gamestop was giving out too.

The scalpers are posting from inside the thread.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I really wonder how it would have been received if they'd reskinned it as a Metroid spinoff - one that actually looked like a Metroid game, not a goofy Federation Force thing.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

C.M. Kruger posted:

:shrug: I originally got it play it, but like i said i prefer digital anyways. It's not my fault its highly sought after Don't knock me for following market price (and giving a discount from that!) If people want it, they can buy it off of ebay. I have no obligation to do people huge favors like selling it for benny or something like that

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 21, 2016

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

C.M. Kruger posted:

To be fair if he offered it at face value I would probably buy it and turn around and sell it for 180 on eBay or someone else would. There's really no winning

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

:shrug: I originally got it play it, but like i said i prefer digital anyways. It's not my fault its highly sought after Don't knock me for following market price ( and giving a discount from that!)

It's not any less scummy.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

:shrug: I originally got it play it, but like i said i prefer digital anyways. It's not my fault its highly sought after Don't knock me for following market price ( and giving a discount from that!)

market price is eighty

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Lol, how many did you accidentally get and are flipping because you'd rather have digital (with the resale value totally not factoring into the decision guys)?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Waltzing Along posted:

It's not any less scummy.

Lol, why is everyone getting their panties in a wad over this? I only got the one, and I had no idea it would skyrocket in price like this. By all means, if you can find it at 80 please do so. Like I said, why should I do people favors?

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 21, 2016

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Oh? Why should I do people favors?

lol

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Oh? Why should I do people favors? Lol, why is everyone getting their panties in a wad over this? I only got the one, and I had no idea it would skyrocket in price like this. By all means, if you can find it at 80 please do so. Like I said, why should I do people favors?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
If you aren't interested, I know there are others. No skin off my back if you missed out on getting it and are upset.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

If you aren't interested, I know there are others. No skin off my back if you missed out on getting it and are upset.

gtfo scalper

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Lol, why is everyone getting their panties in a wad over this? I only got the one, and I had no idea it would skyrocket in price like this. By all means, if you can find it at 80 please do so. Like I said, why should I do people favors?

Lot of reasons. Goons in arms. Back in the day, goons looked out for goons. That's pretty much gone now, but some people still do their best.

But, to me, the biggest reason is that there is a large problem with scalpers in this country. It used to be just with concert/sports tickets, but now it is happening in video games. If you scalp your item, you are contributing to a problem. It's up to you, do you want to be the problem or the solution?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

why should people do you the favor of buying something for over twice the cost to you

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
lol, I seem to have struck a nerve here. Why should I sell it for 80 or whatever, when that person is just as likely to turn around and sell it for 200+ themselves?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Looper posted:

why should people do you the favor of buying something for over twice the cost to you

There is no such thing as 'favor' here, if they thinks thats a fair price they'll buy it. What's a fair price to you? Have you had success in finding it at the price? I mean shocker of shockers, it turns out that something thats a bit of a rare commodity is in high demand, which is just basic economics.

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 21, 2016

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Yeah you struck my "gently caress off, scalper" nerve. I don't even give a poo poo about the game in question and I especially don't care about special editions but gently caress people who buy poo poo just to resell.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

lol, I seem to have struck a nerve here. Why should I sell it for 80 or whatever, when that person is just as likely to turn around and sell it for 200+ themselves?

One has nothing to do with the other. Odds are they won't.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

just flip that poo poo on ebay or SA Mart dude, nobody wants to haggle with you.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There is no such thing as 'favor' here, if they thinks thats a fair price they'll buy it. What's a fair price to you? Have you had success in finding it at the price?

You know, I was gonna say that you had a point and once you own something it is yours to sell but "heh, well, there's no such thing as a fair price, it's what you're willing to pay" is pretty lovely self-interested wankery. Which is totally your right to do but you can't honestly expect anyone to sympathize with it, can you?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

Yeah you struck my "gently caress off, scalper" nerve. I don't even give a poo poo about the game in question and I especially don't care about special editions but gently caress people who buy poo poo just to resell.

Well, I didn't buy to resell, I bought it to play but then realized that I could get two birds with one stone. :shrug: no skin of my back if that offends you or whatever

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Of course not but don't act surprised when people think you're poo poo

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

There is no such thing as 'favor' here, if they thinks thats a fair price they'll buy it. What's a fair price to you? Have you had success in finding it at the price? I mean shocker of shockers, it turns out that something thats a bit of a rare commodity is in high demand, which is just basic economics.

A fair price to me is $90-$100 depending on whether you paid tax. 80 + PP fees + priority mail shipping.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

You know, I was gonna say that you had a point and once you own something it is yours to sell but "heh, well, there's no such thing as a fair price, it's what you're willing to pay" is pretty lovely self-interested wankery. Which is totally your right to do but you can't honestly expect anyone to sympathize with it, can you?

Huh? What are you going on about?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

:shrug: no skin of my back if that offends you or whatever

This is the exact attitude that has turned our country (assuming you are US) to poo poo.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

psst it's your lofty tone

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Huh? What are you going on about?

Ahaha if you're on the spectrum then just forget about it and sell it on ebay or whatever

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
So to shift things toward getting a good deal, what kinda price should a guy look for these days if he's in the market to upgrade to an N3DS XL? I know they were around $175 on Amazon the other day, but I wasn't sure if that was a great deal since CamelCamelCamel says they were $158 within the past six months, plus Costco keeps doing deals for around $190 with a charger and a game I could probably hock on eBay for $20-30.

Any tips? I've been kicking myself for a year for not getting the MH4U bundle.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

A fair price to me is $90-$100 depending on whether you paid tax. 80 + PP fees + priority mail shipping.

Unfortunately that seems to be a bit of a pipe dream, hon :( And jeez, everyone is so quick to get butthurt here :/

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
When you are old you will look back and be so happy you got that extra $100. You'll be lying there on your deathbed happy knowing that you made no ones day but had $100.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Meldonox posted:

So to shift things toward getting a good deal, what kinda price should a guy look for these days if he's in the market to upgrade to an N3DS XL? I know they were around $175 on Amazon the other day, but I wasn't sure if that was a great deal since CamelCamelCamel says they were $158 within the past six months, plus Costco keeps doing deals for around $190 with a charger and a game I could probably hock on eBay for $20-30.

Any tips? I've been kicking myself for a year for not getting the MH4U bundle.

New or used? New they show up for $175 or so every so often. Used, you can probably do $125 if you are savvy.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

When you are old you will look back and be so happy you got that extra $100. You'll be lying there on your deathbed happy knowing that you made no ones day but had $100.

hahahaaha

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

stop

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Waltzing Along posted:

New or used? New they show up for $175 or so every so often. Used, you can probably do $125 if you are savvy.
Normally I go for new. I would've considered one of the Nintendo refurbs, but they're only $5 cheaper than that $175 mark.

Waiting for the next $175 on Amazon may be my best bet since I have a little gift card balance, really. That and/or finding a place online that will price match Amazon but won't collect sales tax like Amazon does.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Why? I'm amused by all y'all getting so irrationally upset over something stupid like collectors edition

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Why? I'm amused by all y'all getting so irrationally upset over something stupid like collectors edition

Disliking scalpers is not irrational. They make things worse for everyone.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

People are getting upset because you're trying to flip it for scalper prices.

We get that you didn't set out to stock up on Special Editions and make a huge profit, and that you are entitled to try to sell your property for whatever amount you like.

But generally speaking, the community here frowns on scalping other goons. Over in the amiibo buy/sell/trade thread, people only flipped even the rarest amiibo for a few dollars over MSRP (to cover tax/shipping/maybe make a couple dollars). But you're trying to sell something for twice what you paid for it.

And you're acting like a smug, condescending jerk about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Lol dude if you're too autistic to understand why other people here aren't willing to pay much higher than MSRP for a new item and aren't reacting well when you ask for a stupid price then stop embarrassing yourself and post it on e-bay for some sucker to buy.