Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
has this been posted? looks like there may have been other reasons she was fired

https://archive.is/AR4XX/image

http://imgur.com/5WJFUAF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Angela Christine posted:

I wonder if this is her own $1200 a month kitchen? Looks pretty nice. Was that really the cheapest place she could find?
https://twitter.com/itsa_talia/status/696520138539925504

It is a shame that her company did not properly train her how to take out her garbage.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

NObodiesGeek posted:

For those who say that everyone should earn a living wage, what do you mean exactly? I want all the details for your plan.
Who should regulate this? Is it different in every city or state or the whole country? Also, what is the living wage? What should you reasonably be able to afford with this living wage? Do taxes factor into the wage? Do you really think High schoolers, who get their first job flipping burgers for extra money, has to be paid enough to be able to afford a house and car and bills and savings?

Living wage is about $21 an hour. Like yeah, high schoolers should probably not be making a living wage but blame that on our capitalist society. More then just high schoolers are doing these jobs, that's the reality, should grown adults be doing them? No, probably not, but they are.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Relin posted:

has this been posted? looks like there may have been other reasons she was fired

https://archive.is/AR4XX/image

http://imgur.com/5WJFUAF

It's pretty much a poster child for how not to use social media.

Some companies do use social media as way to screen out applicants or spy on current employees

NObodiesGeek
Jun 14, 2003
I'm not shy, I just hate you.

I said come in! posted:

Living wage is about $21 an hour. Like yeah, high schoolers should probably not be making a living wage but blame that on our capitalist society. More then just high schoolers are doing these jobs, that's the reality, should grown adults be doing them? No, probably not, but they are.

Ok. Where does the $21 come from? Is that the national average? Should it be $21 everywhere or just in the highest of priced cities? Also, what does a monthly budget look like at $21 to make that the golden number?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Edgar posted:

Why would someone get a degree in english literature? Is it because its easy?

tbh I got my BS degree majoring in the maths and science because I found that stuff easy.... to me, english lit was hard.

But there's also no money in it so why would anyone bother outside of a hobby?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

NObodiesGeek posted:

Ok. Where does the $21 come from? Is that the national average? Should it be $21 everywhere or just in the highest of priced cities? Also, what does a monthly budget look like at $21 to make that the golden number?

That's the national average. Like I dunno, I think it should be that wage everywhere. Think about all of the stuff you have to pay for, you need a car, health and dental insurance, in some cases mental healthcare too and that is expensive. Food, gas, car insurance, utilities, phone, internet, these things are not cheap but all are required too. If you are in college this could be enough to pay your tuition, so I would think that would be a huge plus? Capitalism is a disaster.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
http://throwaway779999.imgur.com/all/

:lol: THIS GIRL
All those photos were posted a few weeks ago while she was eating nothing but rice, dust, and tears. Including the 40$ bourbon and steaks.

Hometown Slime Queen fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 21, 2016

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
steak is not a fancy or expensive food, i dont know where people get that idea

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
We deserve to suffer, because we are collectively both malicious and retarded

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I'm glad I majored in mathematics. I've never worked a job even closely related to it, but I imagine employers have been a lot more likely to contact me over someone with an english lit. degree.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I am all for a living wage in San Fran for everybody but this idiot. Like just take the homeless dudes off the streets and give them houses and money but not this lady

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

etalian posted:

It's pretty much a poster child for how not to use social media.

Some companies do use social media as way to screen out applicants or spy on current employees

I don't think it counts as spying when she tweeted dumb garbage at the company Twitter account

Relin posted:

steak is not a fancy or expensive food, i dont know where people get that idea
Actually, it's both and I don't know where you get the idea that it isn't. The cheapest cuts of beef are always more expensive than cheap chicken and pork, and easily become the most expensive and "fancy" once you start going past london broil and bottom round roasts

Dial-a-Dog fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Feb 21, 2016

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

NObodiesGeek posted:

For those who say that everyone should earn a living wage, what do you mean exactly? I want all the details for your plan.
Who should regulate this? Is it different in every city or state or the whole country? Also, what is the living wage? What should you reasonably be able to afford with this living wage? Do taxes factor into the wage? Do you really think High schoolers, who get their first job flipping burgers for extra money, has to be paid enough to be able to afford a house and car and bills and savings?

Wtf. You do like most other developed countries and use those fancy macroeconomic measures like the CPI to figure out on a regional basis how much it costs to eke out a reasonable, human existence within an arbitrary margin. Then you pass a law forcing companies to pay at least that much. We call it "minimum wage". You can tax this just like you would any other income, which should be "not much or at all" since you can't get much blood from a stone.

As for the high schooler question, I don't give a gently caress how much a high schooler makes doing a job I don't want and you probably shouldn't either. Maybe sacrificing some time for disposable income at a young age is worth rewarding somehow.

This was also cool as gently caress and we should really just do it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gazpacho posted:

currently paying $1600/mo for a studio (1980s construction?) about as far from the city as this chick is. that's after eliminating the 1960s apartment with pot smokers and vomit on the cars outside, and the 1970s place with an openly racist landlord

Housing is so expensive once you eliminate all the affordable options :(

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

All those photos were posted a few weeks ago while she was eating nothing but rice, dust, and tears. Including the 40$ bourbon and steaks.

Lol, come on at least clean all the food pics off your instagram before you write an open letter to your ceo claiming you've been subsisting on a giant bag of rice for the last six months

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

lol

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
why does every millenial have a firstnamelastname.com domain?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I have a hard time feeling sympathetic, given the fact that it took me years to nail down a full time job after college. If she thinks working a full time job for minimum wage sucks, she should try the idea of having to work three part time jobs strung together to pay the bills, without the benefit of health insurance (paid my own, decade before Obamacare) . And all three of those jobs required a bachelor's degree. It sucked, but it was a living.

My current job is awesome but has nothing to do with my major or even requires a degree. But I wouldn't have gotten it if I was so proud and full of myself to think I arbitrarily deserved a position.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
So her scheme is some kind of long con? Didn't like her jobs career track so she blows up her twitter about how lovely it is, brags about delivering whiskey to work, etc meanwhile sets up donation options for her followers and crawls for job offers.

Then I guess she collects unemployment/severance while milking Millennial sympathy?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

GORDON posted:

tbh I got my BS degree majoring in the maths and science because I found that stuff easy.... to me, english lit was hard.

But there's also no money in it so why would anyone bother outside of a hobby?

i got my ba because education and linguistics are arts

I said come in! posted:

Capitalism is a disaster.

tfw you get paid federal minimum wage and your employer gives you unreliable part time hours so you can't get another job and if they give you less than six in a day, they charge you for parking

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 21, 2016

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

The White Dragon posted:

if they give you less than six in a day, they charge you for parking

hahahaha holy poo poo that is awful

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Panfilo posted:

I have a hard time feeling sympathetic, given the fact that it took me years to nail down a full time job after college. If she thinks working a full time job for minimum wage sucks, she should try the idea of having to work three part time jobs strung together to pay the bills, without the benefit of health insurance (paid my own, decade before Obamacare) . And all three of those jobs required a bachelor's degree. It sucked, but it was a living.

My current job is awesome but has nothing to do with my major or even requires a degree. But I wouldn't have gotten it if I was so proud and full of myself to think I arbitrarily deserved a position.

Indeed, suffering is good and we should uphold it as meritorious and indicative of your value to society as a whole. All shall be forced through the mesh until only the deserved are able to comfortably provide for themselves, and staunchly defend this cycle.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Shaquin posted:

Indeed, suffering is good and we should uphold it as meritorious and indicative of your value to society as a whole. All shall be forced through the mesh until only the deserved are able to comfortably provide for themselves, and staunchly defend this cycle.

The Buddha was correct and always will be correct. Life is suffering. There's no other way around it.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Shaquin posted:

Nobody is paying for a house. Everybody just gets a house :)

u should get a real job then u can havea house

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

That's a great misappropriation of the Buddha's words I'm sure that he indeed meant we should conform to the ideology of misery as the default state that is at the core of all this poo poo and perpetuate it by inaction or apathy against our fellow man

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Shaquin posted:

That's a great misappropriation of the Buddha's words I'm sure that he indeed meant we should conform to the ideology of misery as the default state that is at the core of all this poo poo and perpetuate it by inaction or apathy against our fellow man

Wow, I knew I would get called out for that, but didn't think it would be that quickly. Yes, you're correct and its the worst interpretation of the Buddhist teachings. Not gonna even try to argue it.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Shaquin posted:

hm, yes, a brand new college graduate should make 100k for making tweets abouit food

this is sustainable because

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

I'm not really fired up about whatever her nonjob dream job was. Just trying to suggest things really really really never will change if we forsake idealism and looking forward entirely for the chains all around us in the present. Of course you have to work within the now you are born into, and find your way within it. But you can disparage what's happening and advocate for something different along the way.

jackyl posted:

You understand that globalized capitalism is unsustainable right???

Shaquin fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Feb 21, 2016

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Suffering is what gives us meaning. When we suffer, and overcome it, are we not stronger for it?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Shaquin posted:

I'm not really fired up about whatever her nonjob dream job was. Just trying to suggest things really really really never will change if we forsake idealism and looking forward entirely for the chains all around us in the present. Of course you have to work within the now you are born into, and find your way within it. But you can disparage what's happening and advocate for something different along the way.

You understand that globalized capitalism is unsustainable right???

dude i dont pretend to understand global economics, i just know that stuff that is easy to get doesnt cost much and stuff that is harder to get costs more

makings tweets is easy, houses in san fran are hard

soooooo

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

jackyl posted:

hm, yes, a brand new college graduate should make 100k for making tweets abouit food

It isn't. And never will be. There is no justice in the world. There is nothing that is "true" or "right" or "sacred." Everything is bendable and pliable and anyone posting here is just as likely to get ground into paste under the wheels of society as they are to live out their banal lives with absolutely no impact on anything around them but for the dozen or so people that will mourn them when they're gone for upwards of several days before they have to go back to their lives. Nothing matters. No one matters. You're alone, and the only beings that will truly miss you for as long as they exist is your gut fauna. Welcome to the real world. You're worthless.

follow me on Twitter!
#gutfauna, #diealonefor3ver

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

If there is an afterlife I will look down upon you stomach germs

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Shaquin posted:

I'll be the Helicobacter Pylori in your reincarnated stomach :getin:

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

#striveforthebest #preparefortheworst

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Panfilo posted:

I'll be the Helicobacter Pylori in your reincarnated stomach :getin:

Quite poking holes in my stomach fauna afterlife please.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Shaquin posted:

cool, but maybe u should care about this life?

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

jackyl posted:

cool, but maybe u should care about this life?

are you insinuating I abuse my intestinal fauna???

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Shaquin posted:

are you insinuating I abuse my intestinal fauna???

lord knows I do, hope you like peppers fuckers! its a mutual hatred I feel because if they ever got out they would attempt to kill me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The only thing gut flora and fauna would attempt to do if they escaped your intestinal tract would be to plant a tasteful flag on you and then fight some infinitesimal % of other gut organisms saying that it never happened.

• Locked thread