Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ComradeCosmobot posted:

So this means Rubio has a decent chance at becoming the nominee despite not winning any of the first three states. Sounds like a winning plan.

I think this is exactly why Jeb! dropped out before Super Tuesday. They figure the majority of his supporters will go to Rubio or possibly Kasich. Then, of Rubio and Kasich, whichever performs worse or is perceived to be the worse bet (Kasich. It's Kasich) will be pressured to leave to consolidate the Sensible Establishment Vote.

In the end, there can be only one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Mr. Fowl posted:

I think this is exactly why Jeb! dropped out before Super Tuesday. They figure the majority of his supporters will go to Rubio or possibly Kasich. Then, of Rubio and Kasich, whichever performs worse or is perceived to be the worse bet (Kasich. It's Kasich) will be pressured to leave to consolidate the Sensible Establishment Vote.

In the end, there can be only one.

Rubio has a little time: he only needs to have consolidated the non-Trump vote by March 15. South Carolina was the only winner-take-all state before that Tuesday. All the other states before then are proportional with a winner-take-all threshold only kicking in at 50%.

After March 15, Trump's path to the nomination requires the party still be split; almost every nominating contest AFTER the 15th is winner-take-all, and Trump still hasn't managed to get 50% of primary voters to back him in any state (or poll, for that matter) so far. About 773 of the 2,472 delegates (30%) are plurality-winner-take-all, though I didn't account for unpledged RNC delegates in that count.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 21, 2016

bij
Feb 24, 2007

It warms the cockles of my heart that Jeb‽ managed to both burn a hundred million conservabucks and open his shithead drunk of a brother's piss poor excuse of a "legacy" to public attack.

At least all their dad managed to do was puke on the Japanese Prime Minister.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

ComradeCosmobot posted:

There's a Land Commissioner in Texas who would beg to disagree.

I can't wait for George the Third and the 3rd Iraq crusade.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Trump has won at least 6 of 7 districts, with some question left on the 1st district. That gives him at least 47 of 50 delegates.

Marco has barely squeaked past Cruz to 2nd. That is still a double digit loss to Trump, and Rubio had every possible boost one could hope for going on there.

But it is amazing to watch the cheering for Rubio anyways. I always laughed at the right wing narrative about the press openly picking and choosing winners, mainly because (as this election sows overall) they react aggressively to even the most light footed talk of a leftward shift in spending while openly coddling fascism. But the way they are just pushing Rubio despite everything else is one hell of a sight to see. At this point I'm expecting to hear "3rd place, 5th place, 2nd place, 3+5+2=10, and 10 is higher than Trumps 4, so Rubio is winning"

The fun is that Trump hasn't really taken a shot at Rubio yet. He will soon. And as we saw with Christie, Rubio really does not handle aggressive people challenging him well at all.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

LOL if you don't think we are getting another Iraq War here soon.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Fried Chicken posted:

Clinton or Trump! Doesn't matter a group of brown people will die!

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Dolores Huerta was shouted down with cries of "English only!" from Bernie supporters at the Harrah's caucus site when she offered to translate the caucus instructions to Spanish. America Ferrera broke the news, and Huerta confirmed that that is what happened separately.

Video has emerged of this event.

https://www.ustream.tv/embed/recorded/83452078?html5ui

The translation ask starts at 53:30 & mod says English Only at 55:18, the chunk between there is the relevant part. There is no chanting as claimed. There is an objection to the translator being a surrogate (the crowd yells about needing a neutral translator), and they try to get another on there to balance it out, the mod rejects the other translator, there are more objections to a Hillary supporter being the translator, the mod ends all translation efforts.

Here is another video making it even more clear what they were yelling: "Neutral" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPertvKQGPE

Here is snopes with even more: http://www.snopes.com/sanders-english-only-huerta/

interesting these days how quickly ratfucking events can be debunked. Of course, there is the question of how effective the debunking of a stunt like this is, since that hinges on everyone else hearing about the debunking, not just the planted story

Fried Chicken fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 21, 2016

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

How is Carson's campaign still going?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

There is still a few quarters between your religious grandma's couch cushions.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I was going to say that it's probably a Gingrich-esque endless book tour with some light campaigning

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

Here is his statement from tonight:

quote:

[He] received as many delegates in South Carolina as all other candidates but the winner

which is some decent spin, I gotta say

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm just surprised because he's been nosediving since November and his top campaign people all quit like 2 months ago.

Personally I'm disappointed that Gilmore quit so soon

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Honestly, I am sad that Jeb!'s campaign is over. It has been a joy watching him and his family's name dragged through the mud.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

I guess we won't have Jeb to ki--

turevidar posted:

I'm disappointed we won't have john ellis bush bush to pick on any more

Dammit!

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

and Trump looks to grab all 50 delegates as he surges ahead in District 1

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/701238246865444864

peengers
Jun 6, 2003

toot toot

JonathonSpectre posted:

The JEB! made $ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS of Republican money vanish into smoke and what he got out of it was showing everyone how politically toothless the Bush family is in 2016.

I'm dancing on their political grave tonight. So, so happy that shitbird is finally gone, I hope tonight is the beginning of his "broken shell of a man talking to himself in a gin-slurred voice" phase of his life and that he lives to be 150.

Agreed, as a reminder:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/01/jeb-bush-terri-schiavo-114730

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Mr Hootington posted:

Important Question: Is his pee blue?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

So since we keep hearing about Marco Moments (TM) the question becomes when does he finally win a state and which one?

Here is how things look for Tuesday (Trump's way up)

Here is how things look in Rubio's home field advantage state (Trump is way up)

What's the bet? Which state does he finally win?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Fried Chicken posted:

I am not convinced Madame Clnton will commit ground troops, and we are already the Kurdish Air Force. I welcome your counterarguments.

Edit: a continuation of the Obama plan is death from the skies modulated through whoever we like this week,mostly the Kurds. How do you expect this to change?

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Feb 21, 2016

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

https://twitter.com/joecarter/status/701246986914242560
https://twitter.com/baseballcrank/status/701245361965371392
https://twitter.com/DouthatNYT/status/701224697959153664

The pundit tears tonight are so delicious

Bonus:
https://twitter.com/dwbeard/status/701196493135327232

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

https://twitter.com/JebBush/status/644338075527696384

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

This is the most perfect moment in the entire election season.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

tragic :smith:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

This is the most perfect moment in the entire election season.

I mean it is from September so it isn't perfect-perfect, but it sums it all up real nice

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dear God man

E: oh you son of a bitch

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

:kheldragar::kheldragar::kheldragar::kheldragar::kheldragar::kheldragar::kheldragar:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Oh gee who has been saying that for years now?

Maybe, just maaaaaaaybe you should have done something in 2000, or 2008 or 2012 besides "gently caress MINORITIES HARDER" doubling down.

Nah it'd never work. Has to be the cantaloupe-calved Mexicans. Oooh, maybe those slut-Women? Or the uppity-Blacks. No wait, the terrorist-Muslims! Yeah it's their fault Trump is eating your party alive, because George kept us safe from them! That's the ticket. Go with that.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

A white guy in his 50s is shooting up Kalamazoo County, Michigan from his Chevy truck. Six dead, four at a restaurant and two at a car dealership.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Seriously has he been put on suicide watch?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Jeb! supporter?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

lol all you dipshits not realizing he is apologizing for smoking pot back in September.

Boot and Rally
Apr 21, 2006

8===D
Nap Ghost
What are the odds that Jeb realizes that some things in life, like drawing Trump as an opponent, are up to chance? That this realization may shape his view of the world and the policies he supports?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Boot and Rally posted:

What are the odds that Jeb realizes that some things in life, like drawing Trump as an opponent, are up to chance? That this realization may shape his view of the world and the policies he supports?
I sympathetically shuddered a bit when I read that.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

JonathonSpectre posted:

The JEB! made $ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS of Republican money vanish into smoke and what he got out of it was showing everyone how politically toothless the Bush family is in 2016.

I'm dancing on their political grave tonight. So, so happy that shitbird is finally gone, I hope tonight is the beginning of his "broken shell of a man talking to himself in a gin-slurred voice" phase of his life and that he lives to be 150.

Y'all can dance on Jeb's grave all you want, but Dubya's embrace of torture and right-wing lunacy is a big part of why Trump won tonight. Dubya's brother lost but in some ways his legacy won.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Y'all can dance on Jeb's grave all you want, but Dubya's embrace of torture and right-wing lunacy is a big part of why Trump won tonight. Dubya's brother lost but in some ways his legacy won.

Cannot be stopped... cannot be stopped!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Torture is actually a Chicago method, so Obama's legacy really won. :smug:

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
What are we all going to do with our lives when President Trump shuts down the Internet and we can't post here anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

He won't shut down the internet. He wouldn't be able to get the instant validation he needs to sustain himself.

• Locked thread