Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Nebrilos posted:

You might like:
Wakabayashi toshiya's 4-koma collection
Poor poor lips
Truthism/Jitsu wa watashi wa

maybe Aho girl too. it starts a bit one trick pony-ish but then the jokes start flowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

You should really, really try again. The initial chapters are not indicative of what it ended up being, every chapter now is fantastic, somehow managing to keep being great despite using some similar gags repeatedly.

It's actually trying to watch the anime that turned me off of it. I tried it and didn't care about the characters enough to keep going. I gave it four episodes and stopped.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

AFO Guard is another cute serial 4koma

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

RareAcumen posted:

It's actually trying to watch the anime that turned me off of it. I tried it and didn't care about the characters enough to keep going. I gave it four episodes and stopped.

This is a fair reason for getting turned off because the anime thoroughly did not understand what the series is all about. It's a comedy first, and the romance is a distant second.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
From all accounts the Jitsuwa anime was as bad as the ES21 one which is impressive

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

The Bride Used to be a Guy :3:

(The :3: is not part of the title, but is how you'll feel after reading this.)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Jagan wa Gachirin ni Tobu/Wicked Eyes Fly to the Full Moon

Really short manga(7 chapters) about an owl that kills anything it looks at.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Invictus posted:

Why would you still call it truthism when it's got a perfectly fine real name now!

For the same reason I call people by their nicknames when they have perfectly fine real names!

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

look at what you have done to me, thread. look at it

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

For the same reason I call people by their nicknames when they have perfectly fine real names!

Oh good, feel free to call me 'Pavie-chan' then.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pavlov posted:

Oh good, feel free to call me 'Pavie-chan' then.

I'm going to call you Pavlover.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
That one is also good.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Astro Ambulance posted:

Welcome, friend.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Make an account and bookmark things instead of tab hoarding!

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Make an account and bookmark things instead of tab hoarding!

I bookmark them once I catch up, otherwise I'll forget to start them. That tab hoard is just the new ones from yesterday, I already read through everything that looked interesting from the first five pages of the thread over the past week or so.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Astro Ambulance posted:

Hey, I suggested a few of those! :woop: I am contributing things after all!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

a man has to come to terms with his past, to have a future

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
What's it called?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Anatharon posted:

What's it called?

Nibiiro no Seishun

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Groundless.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mikl posted:

The Bride Used to be a Guy :3:

(The :3: is not part of the title, but is how you'll feel after reading this.)

:3:

Kinda hosed how Batoto gave it the "gender bender" tag when it's an autobiography of a real trans woman, though!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Baby steps, man.

That was cute.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Waffleman_ posted:

:3:

Kinda hosed how Batoto gave it the "gender bender" tag when it's an autobiography of a real trans woman, though!

It's not like there's a "Trans" tag though. Besides it looks like they removed it.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
I read all the voynich hotel chapters today, it had some good gags (the gay assassin with the "I'm g a y." Punchline is great). The art style is wonderful, at first I thought the guy who did nichijou did this manga. So good!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

superloosegoose posted:

I read all the voynich hotel chapters today, it had some good gags (the gay assassin with the "I'm g a y." Punchline is great). The art style is wonderful, at first I thought the guy who did nichijou did this manga. So good!

Everything else by Dowman Sayman is also weird and good, though often quite raunchy as well. He has a very distinctive style.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Everything else by Dowman Sayman is also weird and good, though often quite raunchy as well. He has a very distinctive style.

What else should I check out by him?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

superloosegoose posted:

What else should I check out by him?

Nickelodeon is a good place to start. It's a bunch of shorts that (iirc) interlock occasionally. Most of his stuff aside from Voynich is shorts. Some of it's :nws:, so consider yourself warned.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Nickelodeon is some good poo poo. Lunch at Columbine (ch14) and Contract (ch20) are among my favorite short stories.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

HenryEx posted:

Nickelodeon is some good poo poo. Lunch at Columbine (ch14) and Contract (ch20) are among my favorite short stories.

This is really good

Who's that manga artist that creepy horror eroge stuff with girls disemboweled and such, someone was talking about it in fyad a long while ago

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

superloosegoose posted:

This is really good

Who's that manga artist that creepy horror eroge stuff with girls disemboweled and such, someone was talking about it in fyad a long while ago

I'm guessing you're thinking of Franken Fran?

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/UmksRCm.jpg

Has always given me a similar vibe as Dowman Sayman's stuff. Worth reading if only for the weird-rear end semi-recurring sentai parody.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i wouldn't call franken fran erotic

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

Genocyber posted:

I'm guessing you're thinking of Franken Fran?

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/UmksRCm.jpg

Has always given me a similar vibe as Dowman Sayman's stuff. Worth reading if only for the weird-rear end semi-recurring sentai parody.

Hmm did he do this?
Atleast something similar, I think there was a similar set up, with a story of a boy diving in water to get a ring, but with the panels being spun around
:nws:https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/11/a9/d0/11a9d0d5379f5f9c025f80edd7dff2fb.jpg

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Davincie posted:

i wouldn't call franken fran erotic

The volume covers disagree

:colbert:

superloosegoose posted:

Hmm did he do this?
Atleast something similar, I think there was a similar set up, with a story of a boy diving in water to get a ring, but with the panels being spun around
:nws:https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/11/a9/d0/11a9d0d5379f5f9c025f80edd7dff2fb.jpg

No clue. Your description just pinged Franken Fran in my brain.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

superloosegoose posted:

This is really good

shintaro kago

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

Coaaab posted:

shintaro kago

THANK YOU

I really like plastic elder sister, the anime was kinda bad, but this is much better, it's hit and miss for me but when it's good it's good and lots of funny faces.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you made me think the plastic neesan author did guro. that would be hosed up

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Music of Marie(Marie no Kanaderu Ongaku)

Another short one at 2 volumes/14 chapters.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

RatHat posted:

It's not like there's a "Trans" tag though. Besides it looks like they removed it.
No it's still there. And gender bender is exactly what that story is? Maybe you'd have a case if it was tagged with shounen ai or yaoi

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Relin posted:

No it's still there. And gender bender is exactly what that story is? Maybe you'd have a case if it was tagged with shounen ai or yaoi

It's technically accurate, but gender bender usually refers to unrealistic magical comedies and/or fetish material. It's not really that bad, but it's still a pretty flippant way to label a person's real story of dysphoria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

SWWEEET.
A strange and thought-provoking work about a boy who's deceased twin brother starts to appear in mirrors and talk to him. Contains some NSFW content and (female-on-male) rape. The mangaka committed suicide a couple years after drawing this.

• Locked thread