Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Finally got bored of D3 and the botting others do to keep ahead on the leaderboards and the crazy grinding for bounties/grift stones/leveled gems without using a bot.

Looking forward to the expansion coming out soon, always like giving PoE another run when something fresh is released and mixes builds up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

dis astranagant posted:

ES is a rich man's game. You want life and lots of it. What's your build? You're also probably overdue for making a decent set of flasks. You want at least 2 bubbling (or seething but it's not really as good) hallowed life flasks of different status defenses (bleeding and freezing are the 2 big ones, curse resistance is also nice) and probably a perpetual quicksilver flask of adrenaline (you can't make this with the one you got for doing the medicine chest quest on normal).

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1397959

I don't expect to just cruise to endgame maps on random boss drops but it trying to find gear/rolling random shite/trading just feels like an intentionally massive headache. Is there any group stuff in the new ascendancy league coming up?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Vorenus posted:

I don't expect to just cruise to endgame maps on random boss drops but it trying to find gear/rolling random shite/trading just feels like an intentionally massive headache. Is there any group stuff in the new ascendancy league coming up?

See how the gear in that guide all says "standard league"? 99% of of the time that means the guide is less than worthless to someone who doesn't have a 3 year old account sitting in what is essentially the dumpster for all the stuff people build up in the challenge leagues.

The general idea isn't bad but actually leveling in it will likely be rough. Maybe try a spell totem version or something with a lot more life.

You really shouldn't need to do much trading yet if you're in the guild. There's usually a decent pile of leveling uniques and good enough rare armors of most levels sitting in gstash.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Feb 20, 2016

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Man, I'm still hoping that the Ascendancy trees could make CI/ES builds not heinously expensive, I'd like to try one for once :(

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Ixjuvin posted:

Man, I'm still hoping that the Ascendancy trees could make CI/ES builds not heinously expensive, I'd like to try one for once :(

Just chance a Skyforth. Easy peasy.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ixjuvin posted:

They're not that expensive.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Vorenus posted:

poe.trade makes trading easy.

I used to think trading sucked rear end, because it meant sitting in trade chat waiting for something good or hoping someone saw my ad. Thats for suckers.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Frogmanv2 posted:

poe.trade makes trading easy.

I used to think trading sucked rear end, because it meant sitting in trade chat waiting for something good or hoping someone saw my ad. Thats for suckers.

Along with a acquition it is soo soo easy.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

Along with a acquition it is soo soo easy.

Oh god yes. 5 or 10 minutes to set it up, and thats it. Now people just message me asking to buy my stuff.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Any thoughts on what'd make a good MF build for Ascendancy? Caustic arrow was really good this league, might work well with Trickster I guess. Does the Empire's Grasp knockback reverse thing work with shockwave totems? If it does, I might have to make a loot hoover build with the Heirophant.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
And yet even with the convenient one click whisper... You still get people like:

Ur sap ring
I want to buy

Then they offer a bunch of change instead of what you wanted for it and get mad when you tell them to gently caress off.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

TBH the worst was when I put a unique knife in the wrong stash tab, didnt realise for 5 minutes, put it in the correct one, but by that time, poe.trade had scraped my thread and put it up for sale for a bargain. For about 20 minutes i was getting a tell every 30 seconds or so asking to buy it.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I got the twinned T14 clear and the map Vaal Oversoul kill achievements:

How do you sell crafting bases?

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

funmanguy posted:

Glad they changed the Elementalist node, seemed like it was going to be like the rigwald ring, all gimmick and no usefulness.

With what we know so far, I am most excited about Gladiator, Assassin, and Hierophant. Not to say that those are the best, they just give me ideas of stuff to do, and fit with how I like to play. Some of the others look outright insane if they were put into the game as is, but I would imagine that there will be a lot of other changes that comes with 2.2 to normalize things.

Also, I wonder if it will be easy to get the last two points for an acendency class from the merc labyrinth. I think my first guy will be someone who can function well with only 4 points in a tree.

Hierophant seems like the best defensive caster class. I wanted to do an Arctic Breath non-crit Shadow as one on my main 3 next league but Templar start seems better because of that class.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
Gladiator is the most overpowered one by far. The biggest problem with running shield right now is if you want to cap spell block you need to use a Lazhwar Stone. Using this amulet means you can't use Voll's Devotion, which is the most overpowered item in the game and pretty much more than doubles your DPS and survivability by itself. Now you can run Gladiator and just have the best of everything. Hell with those new block gems you can probably run Voll's Devotion and Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics and STILL cap block and spell block.

Xequecal fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 20, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
The power of some of these passives makes me think running the labyrinth wont be easy, like getting the first two will be a gimme and the rest Aziri/Avatar of Thunder style.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ultima66 posted:

I got the twinned T14 clear and the map Vaal Oversoul kill achievements:

How do you sell crafting bases?

If you mean whites or what not I think you list the chaos amount and then do .083 for ilv 83 084 for ilv 84 etc etc.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

If you mean whites or what not I think you list the chaos amount and then do .083 for ilv 83 084 for ilv 84 etc etc.

Do they actually "sell?" Like how do I price them and how many people actually actively buy them?

Also, 3 deaths, 1 crash on load, was very scared I would run out of portals:

gently caress this fight.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

The Real Foogla posted:

The power of some of these passives makes me think running the labyrinth wont be easy, like getting the first two will be a gimme and the rest Aziri/Avatar of Thunder style.

you can get four uberpassives in Normal and Cruel though

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ultima66 posted:

Do they actually "sell?" Like how do I price them and how many people actually actively buy them?

Also, 3 deaths, 1 crash on load, was very scared I would run out of portals:

gently caress this fight.

Rodent says they do but he plays hardcore. I've sold an ilv 78 vaal regalia for a few chaos. And as for price I just undercut whoever was the lowest.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.

ronya posted:

you can get four uberpassives in Normal and Cruel though

Hmm but maybe it will be difficult to get the cruel ones. I guess we'll find out but that would be one way to balance how op they seem

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
It'll probably be on par with cruel Malichai which isn't exactly a cakewalk

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Xequecal posted:

Gladiator is the most overpowered one by far. The biggest problem with running shield right now is if you want to cap spell block you need to use a Lazhwar Stone. Using this amulet means you can't use Voll's Devotion, which is the most overpowered item in the game and pretty much more than doubles your DPS and survivability by itself. Now you can run Gladiator and just have the best of everything. Hell with those new block gems you can probably run Voll's Devotion and Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics and STILL cap block and spell block.

How?

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
I wonder if a RT 2h cycloner with the ascendancy thing that makes movement skills free would make a good magic finder next patch. Don't need crit or anything on gear, just some flat phys maybe, get a good phys axe and make everything else IIR/IIQ/resists/life

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Infinite Monkeys posted:

I wonder if a RT 2h cycloner with the ascendancy thing that makes movement skills free would make a good magic finder next patch. Don't need crit or anything on gear, just some flat phys maybe, get a good phys axe and make everything else IIR/IIQ/resists/life

The Shadow is 24 largely useless nodes from Resolute Technique and most Cycloners use blood magic anyway, so probably just much worse than a Duelist or Marauder. And that's on top of the rest of the Trickster tree serving no purpose to the build.

I guess if the Scion can use any tree it'd be slightly less bad.

nearly killed em! fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 21, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Infinite Monkeys posted:

RT cycloners are great first characters to make currency and establish an item base in a new league, but I would kill myself having to chase mobs around with a (lower dps than usual) melee skill all the time

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Got an email from GGG: http://www.pathofexile.com/public/news/220_email/index.html

Next league is called Perandus.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I just started this - is there a way to change gender or are they pre-determined - aka I can never make a female knight or a male ranger? Or do they unlock a gender change somewhere within the game itself?

Also what are the costs/benefits of going armor vs going evasion?

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
There is no way to change gender.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Budgie posted:

Got an email from GGG: http://www.pathofexile.com/public/news/220_email/index.html

Next league is called Perandus.

Interesting.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Crest_of_Perandus
"With piety and justice."
– Perandus family motto

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Perandus_Bank
"Political Power is an illusion.
Popular power is fickle.
Financial Power is real and loyal."
- Cadiro Perandus, Lord of the Coin

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Perandus_Signet
Our warehouses are bursting. Our vaults are full.
But our minds are still hungry.
- Medici Perandus, Prefect to the Treasury

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Perandus_Blazon
A large enough debt turns even a friend
into an enemy, and the Perandus family
had more debtors than anyone.

The Perandus affix:
(25 to 28)% increased Rarity of Items found

From the Fixture of Fate Quest:

quote:

Siosa: In more mundane circumstances it would be preposterous to ask this of you, an utter stranger, but given that I don't know in which century I might see another pair of flesh and bone hands...

There's a door, you see, concealed behind the shelves... it leads into the Archives. That's where Icius Perandus concealed his Golden Pages. Can you see how maddening that would be for me? No, of course you can't. Ridiculous of me to... suffice to say that they are beyond my reach.

Four Vaalish texts they are, of priceless historical insight. Please, find my friend's Golden Pages and bring them to me. You will be rewarded. I vow it before the Ancestors.

quote:

"Siosa, your Slavery will cause them to overlook you.
Your Karui Way will guide you.
Your Humanity will shame us all."
- Icius Perandus

"A walking Nightmare.
Madness of the mind?
Or madness of the flesh?"
- Icius Perandus

"The Vaal were even more steeped in gem culture than our Emperor and his 'Gemlings'. It's an obsession as old as civilisation itself."
- Icius Perandus

"A communication... but with what? By all accounts, it wasn't God that the Vaal were trying to reach."
- Icius Perandus

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Chitus'_Needle
"With this, I will weave the threads of fate into a noose for our 'glorious' emperor."
- Chitus Perandus

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rebuke_of_the_Vaal
Though the Vaal revered peace, it would have been suicide for any culture to rouse them to war.
- Icius Perandus, Scholar to the Empire

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rapid_Expansion
Chitus began to aggressively expand his empire into neighbouring nations at great human cost. But for absolute power, there is no price that a Perandus won't pay.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

loving lord, i log in to try and hammer out my last few challenges, 6 link a voll chest in 3 fuse while loving around.

still no closer to the challenges i need though

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Bugsy posted:

bunch of interesting stuff

You forgot about these which appeared around the start of the ascendancy announcements: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Letters_from_Chitus

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx
Looks like Perandus is a title given to treasurers or people in charge of money. Expect something to do with currency or rarity.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1591544

quote:

I've seen a little confusion about a few topics. Rather than replying to each individual post, I'd like to quickly clarify some things about Ascendancy's launch and our timeline over the next few weeks.

Ascendancy isn't a challenge league. Perandus is the challenge league. All the Ascendancy content is of course added to the full game itself, so Standard players can participate in everything other than the Perandus league.
While it's too early to reveal the league details, I can clarify that the Perandus league takes place 100% outside the Labyrinth. While the Labyrinth is awesome and I'll be basically living in it for months once Ascendancy comes out, we wanted to make sure that players have some new content in the regular game as well.
Full information about the Perandus challenge league will be released early next week.
The Standard and Hardcore versions of the new league are identical in terms of mechanics and Unique Items available.
Over the next week, news posts will reveal new Unique Items, Enchantments, the specifics of the Perandus Challenge League, etc.
There will be some manifesto posts over the next week. I don't yet know the exact timing of when they're going up.
Patch Notes will be posted a couple of days before release.
We'll try to make skill tree JSON data available (for tools) as soon as it's ready. This is tricky because of all the format changes needed to support Ascendancy classes.
The final Ascendancy Class will be announced later this week with the help of a special Australian friend.
Some Alpha testers will be given permission to stream their Ascendancy play later this week.
Our first wave of trade API updates will likely be pushed live sometime before the release of Ascendancy. This update contains some new functionality, but we'll go into more detail in the news when it's live. Please manage your expectations. It's not a huge overhaul and is only the first of many changes.
There is a San Francisco Developer/Fan Meetup on Sunday March 13. I'll post more info closer to the date.

last edit - Kripp is going to be streaming some 2.2 alpha content wed night.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 22, 2016

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Katasi posted:

Looks like Perandus is a title given to treasurers or people in charge of money. Expect something to do with currency or rarity.

i think it's supposed to be a family??

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx
Ah, you're right, but it seems like many of them worked with money. "Lord of the Coin" and "Prefect to the Treasury" and all that.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Budgie posted:

You forgot about these which appeared around the start of the ascendancy announcements: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Letters_from_Chitus

Sweet, I'd always loved Act 3 and Sarn, way more than any of the other acts. I'd love more of that, we barely know anything of Chitus besides "Monkey King", I want to see him act as a total rear end in a top hat.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
Sweet. I missed the last couple of meetups but I should be able to make this one.

J
Jun 10, 2001

5 new uniques spoiled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lmao i hope that flask is usable in hideouts, it would be a hilarious source of afk pk deaths

• Locked thread