Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

YOTC posted:

what the hell do i do with all these fish i caught?

make fried fish and get +1 movement speed for 30 minutes and level up health, each level is +10 health

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Heh

Sperm

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Eonwe posted:

Heh

Sperm

And sells for a lot. This anime is real life.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Hey Kim why is your discord so dead? Its just me and YOTC talking in here.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Charles Bukowski posted:

Hey Kim why is your discord so dead? Its just me and YOTC talking in here.

Because everyone is in CTS mumble.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Eonwe posted:

Heh

Sperm

whales are caught by hunting
sperm whales are caught by fishing

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Maybe I've misunderstood, but non-spirit quests only seem to keep you poor and slow you down, so you're better off saving them for later?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jackard posted:

Maybe I've misunderstood, but non-spirit quests only seem to keep you poor and slow you down, so you're better off saving them for later?
Depends on when you're going to do anything that isn't levelling or PvP - if any time soon, then get going on some sidequests.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Jackard posted:

Killing mobs = EXP
Quests = Contribution points, energy, inventory expansions.

If you are just trying to powerlevel for whatever reason, stick to the spirit quests. If you plan on doing anything else, then you will want to talk to pretty much every NPC and do every quest.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
Messed with it a bit and this game is at least original in its implementation of game systems but it seems there's really low social interactions needed, feels like a single player game.

On the other hand it runs great with max details and experimental thingy enabled and is pretty good looking

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LegalPad posted:

Killing mobs = EXP
Quests = Contribution points, energy, inventory expansions.

If you are just trying to powerlevel for whatever reason, stick to the spirit quests. If you plan on doing anything else, then you will want to talk to pretty much every NPC and do every quest.
Minor clarification, in case you in fact intend to powerlevel. The only black spirit guide quests you must do are the awakening stuff for the spirit itself (it will say "(awakening) visit parallel universe"), since those quests form a chain that is the prerequisite for level 49 quest, which in turn is prerequisite to level up to 50. You should also do the class (it will say something like "wizard - big loving fireball") stuff to get a skill around level 20 or so.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Xavier434 posted:

I'm digging how the sorceress has so many attacks that are also evades. Zipping in and out between melee and mid range so quickly rules. In general though, I am really not sure what combos are good for this class yet. Especially since everything that I have fought so far is so easy.
I think you can get a better feel for things by soloing co-op bosses.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jackard posted:

I think you can get a better feel for things by soloing co-op bosses.
They are straightforward to kill by any class, with little to no effort.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

MMOs are amazing places to make friends.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Xavier434 posted:

MMOs are amazing places to make friends.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Suggested guild name of 'whalers on the moon'

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lomarf.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Wish the actual launch would hurry up and get here. I don't want to invest too much time in a character that's getting wiped in a few days.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Wish the actual launch would hurry up and get here. I don't want to invest too much time in a character that's getting wiped in a few days.
Same, now that I've figured out majority of stuff I wanted for the launch. Thankfully, I can't quite complain about lack of things to do, so launch may in fact come too soon. At least it's Sunday for me, if all works out.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We just went over where to craft weapons and armor. It is weird since weapon workshops got to level 4 and armor goes to level 5. Either way, Coplan and Celphalalaldon will be required, maybe trent. So yah end game areas.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
This blacksmith really likes bears, and lucky for him I'm a B Rank expert in bears

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here
I really don't want to blind purchase this game before I try it, and I keep missing the keys posted in the reddit thread. Are they easily obtainable? There seems like there's heaps floating around.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

hobocrunch posted:

I really don't want to blind purchase this game before I try it, and I keep missing the keys posted in the reddit thread. Are they easily obtainable? There seems like there's heaps floating around.

This is the last beta test and its over in two days.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

hobocrunch posted:

You can always wait for guest passes to start popping up here on launch day.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Probad posted:

Yeah that sounds good actually.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Probad posted:

Oh yeah, I completely forgot we had those coming up. They're 7 days too instead of these shorter beta lengths.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

So I invested enough energy into the mine node just north of Heidel (the one with a shitload of imps) to get it to level 2, and after just a little less than 30 minutes of grinding there I had gotten 8! crystals. I'd say thats a pretty sizeable drop rate difference considering I had killed a ton of imps on my other character and hadn't seen a single crystal. Though it is a pretty big investment in terms of energy to get those nodes up in level.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

This game, The combat is pretty fun and the gathering/crafting seems cool. I bought. it looking forward to more goon drama in this dumb kmmo

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

I'm proud that I pay taxes. The money will be used to make Balenos great again.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

If you are thinking of playing EU, play us

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

the sorceress is pretty fun. you zip around and shoot magics or punches at things. i don't really know what's going on because i refuse to read anything, but i'm enjoying the game enough that i'm not sad i bought the 30 dollar package. a tip: don't try to make your person too much taller than default or you'll look weird as gently caress in game. i found the ranger pretty boring. it seems like all you do it sidestep shot and sometimes the hold back button and shoot forever.

edit: whoa pets autoloot for you? so you don't have to actually click to pick things up? that's loving awesome how do i a get or w/e to do this for me?

Sloppy Milkshake fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Feb 21, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Buy one.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here
I'm obviously retarded, but can someone point me to the section in the OP where we have a slack or an IRC channel? I wanna come chill and post memes.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hobocrunch posted:

I'm obviously retarded, but can someone point me to the section in the OP where we have a slack or an IRC channel? I wanna come chill and post memes.
Majority of active players just use CTS Mumble server. Given the hard fought battle for the freedom of speech over Internet Protocol, Eonwe will have to martyr before a Slack happens.

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

The Interloper posted:

How many folks here are going to be playing on the EU server, and what are the plans for guilds, chat channels etc. for release?

Also curious about this.
So far I've just been running around and taking in the Mediterranean vistas of the newbie area and enjoying everyone putting down the goblins.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Does anyone know how I can fix all of the shadow flickering? It mostly happens when I am moving my character but it is really bad.

PSA: Horses don't swim and carts don't float.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Feb 21, 2016

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Xavier434 posted:

Does anyone know how I can fix all of the shadow flickering? It mostly happens when I am moving my character but it is really bad.

PSA: Horses don't swim and carts don't float.

Never ford the river

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

kalstrams posted:

Majority of active players just use CTS Mumble server. Given the hard fought battle for the freedom of speech over Internet Protocol, Eonwe will have to martyr before a Slack happens.

I don't care what we use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Probad posted:

Never ford the river
Someone didn't caulk the wagon