Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You wanna talk about embarrassment, I've got a video encoding right now that's me rambling about Phantom Blood for 18 minutes and makes me sound loving psychotic. That mashup's not terrible as far as mashups go fwiw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

You wanna talk about embarrassment, I've got a video encoding right now that's me rambling about Phantom Blood for 18 minutes and makes me sound loving psychotic. That mashup's not terrible as far as mashups go fwiw.

LP video? I checked out the first one, just didn't have anything to say on the thread, hehe.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's my next LP vid and I'll probably link it here because I'm sure this thread will get a kick out of it too

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Meanwhile, I updated my Seventh Stand User LP and we go full Zeppeli.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm glad you didn't end up with the Jolyne model.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lol here

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Holy poo poo, dailymotion still exists?!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is literally only used when YouTube copyrights stop you from uploading your video

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I've never seen the dub before and holy poo poo that kid is super British

e: This video is totally fine, like yeah it's super rambly but the clips and images help, and you got some jokes and self-awareness so this could be a whole loooot worse.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Dio's dub voice is a masterpiece.

I mean I probably would have also fully included the scene where Dio REJECTS HIS HUMANITY but that's me, you got all the great scenes in. Like Zeppeli's death.

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 21, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Dio's dub voice is a masterpiece.
It's no Koyasu, but drat if this guy aint giving it his all.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal Stares At Phantom Blood

It's a fine recap. You were rambly but that's okay because it's funny to enjoy other people's suffering and the clips help a lot with keeping stuff clear anyway. Also Dio's Laser Eyes are BS.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I watched all 26 minutes of that instead of doing Japanese homework and I consider it a net profit so yeah it's good! Thank you Baal

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
np

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

I've never seen the dub before and holy poo poo that kid is super British

We don't actually sound like that.

The dub makes my skin crawl. It's unbearable.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Aurain you're just making it sound more and more like you're ashamed of being British if you're telling me the dub does not provide the most authentic of British culture

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm English. British implies I could be Irish, Welsh or worst of all, Scottish.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
He could just be ashamed of being English, which is fair enough really.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm american, English to me means you are British Irish and Scottish all in one and that none of you know true patriotism or have the pride to have a high caloric intake

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rohan Kishibe posted:

He could just be ashamed of being English, which is fair enough really.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
From what I understand being English implies you're in a constant state of self-loathing, which makes Dio's personality very incompatible with his nationality.

Also the dub is hilarious.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The dub makes Phantom Blood a top tier JoJo part: between the lovely accents, the Johnny Yong Bosch, and Speedwagonisms it makes it an unbelievable experience.

Battle Tendency's p even with the Japanese version tho, still good but they're p neck and neck

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also it makes Aurain salty, how could I ask for more?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dias posted:

From what I understand being English implies you're in a constant state of self-loathing, which makes Dio's personality very incompatible with his nationality.

Also the dub is hilarious.

It's not really a stretch to say Dio's self loathing is at least partly cause for all of the bad poo poo that goes down.

Baal posted:

Also it makes Aurain salty, how could I ask for more?

I just like dumping on things that are poo poo. If you want to enjoy a turdy dub, I implore you to do so.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo do you have Bites the Dust or is that just the same insult that you've used before

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

We don't actually sound like that.

The dub makes my skin crawl. It's unbearable.

What, you mean you all don't sound like you crawled out of the most Eastern part of London.

I really can't explain how funny that kid's "GIVE 'ER THE WHAT FOR. THE TROUBLE I GET IN IF I WERE DIO. HE DOES WHA HE WONTS DEVIL MAY CARE" is to me. These extras make me feel like I'm playing a Professor Layton game, jesus christ

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I have a beautiful WRYYYYYYYYY .webm in BluRay quality. (It's only 2.5 meg so don't worry about using your entire years worth of roaming)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12064557/WRYbd.webm

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here's an update on my collection, unfortunately I seem to be missing my JoJoveller and Rohan goes to the Louvre so just pretend they're there

https://twitter.com/sexy_ferg/status/701491477759860736

Moltrey posted:

What, you mean you all don't sound like you crawled out of the most Eastern part of London.

I really can't explain how funny that kid's "GIVE 'ER THE WHAT FOR. THE TROUBLE I GET IN IF I WERE DIO. HE DOES WHA HE WONTS DEVIL MAY CARE" is to me. These extras make me feel like I'm playing a Professor Layton game, jesus christ

Todd Haberkorn is a treasure

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's a v good collection.

Make sure you get the DiU version of those three magazines that they announced too.

I also have BD Roadroller webm with its improvements and everything but it's 30 meg so I will NOT post it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They're releasing DIU omnibuses?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A DiU version of that was part of the anime reveals this month, yeah.

Also I mistook the second BT one you have there for SDC

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'll the SDC ones at some point because having JoJo in Japanese is an interesting experience in reading

Will get those DIU ones too tho

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want to buy some new JoJo merch but I can't even afford BT Vol 2. Bad times in the Higashikata house.

e: The cool thing is that they seem to have sold out on Amazon UK at least so looks like there's demand (or supply issues).

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Since we were talking about the dub, I just realized we might get terrible Italian accents if Part 5 anime happens AND it gets a dub. Please let it happen.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've sworn off BDs since I tried to get the first BD from Amazon for like 30 bucks and it never showed up.

Also it seems like I can only find the first SDC omnibus, this is troubling

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

Since we were talking about the dub, I just realized we might get terrible Italian accents if Part 5 anime happens AND it gets a dub. Please let it happen.

Oh you have no idea how much I'm waiting for it but Part 2 already gives us a taste of that

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Josuke Higashikata posted:

or worst of all, Scottish.

the gently caress did you just say about my hair nationality?! :argh:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Baal posted:

Here's an update on my collection, unfortunately I seem to be missing my JoJoveller and Rohan goes to the Louvre so just pretend they're there

I've started buying all the Part 3 volumes since it doesn't look like we're getting the JoJoniums and it's like I caught a glimpse into a dark possible future.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Baal posted:

That 4taro fig :allears:

My Jojo collection has grown leaps and bounds from the last time I posted it, which is why I'm terrified to post it again.

Though a ton of the stuff I have is also fanart related... I need to have my redbubble and tictail accounts taken away from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Baal posted:

I'm jelly