Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Herr Tog posted:

you know you didn't post in the death threadright?

Yes, perhaps a bit extreme, but only because I'm passionate about this hobby. I view these build+paint kits as a blow to the credibility of the hobby and it frustrates me greatly.

Additionally, I'm not wrong about this sales campaign being short sighted and ill conceived - it will not yield new, repeat / long term customers. Let me Chicken-Little for a moment here... [Chicken-Little] What's even more unfortunate is that because these kits will be cheaper than the norm, veteran hobbyist's will purchase these kits looking for a deal; falsely causing GW to think that the build+paint sales campaign is a success. They will look at the sales data and form their false notions that kids are begging their parents to buy this gak and it'll just snowball from there. [/Chicken-Little]

Starting this "hobby" in your teenage years is pretty normal, not when you're 8 years old, which is the age stated on the boxes of these new kits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
that is amazing

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

post models or

GET

THE

SCRUNT

OUT

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I definitely would not want to touch them.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Despite the toplessness, the Disco Coven of Garlghast made me laugh.

Would've been better not-topless, though.

The rest though.... no.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It only happened that one time, now the ungrateful wenches and their musclehead doorman won't let him back in the club, despite how much money he spent there. So screw them, he'll make his own.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

post models or

GET

THE

SCRUNT

OUT

thank you for actually posting models

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I like the schoolgirl one

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Moola posted:

thank you for actually posting models

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Yes, perhaps a bit extreme, but only because I'm passionate about this hobby. I view these build+paint kits as a blow to the credibility of the hobby and it frustrates me greatly.

Additionally, I'm not wrong about this sales campaign being short sighted and ill conceived - it will not yield new, repeat / long term customers. Let me Chicken-Little for a moment here... [Chicken-Little] What's even more unfortunate is that because these kits will be cheaper than the norm, veteran hobbyist's will purchase these kits looking for a deal; falsely causing GW to think that the build+paint sales campaign is a success. They will look at the sales data and form their false notions that kids are begging their parents to buy this gak and it'll just snowball from there. [/Chicken-Little]

Starting this "hobby" in your teenage years is pretty normal, not when you're 8 years old, which is the age stated on the boxes of these new kits.

My 5th grade teacher wanted to strangle me for about a week when half the boys in the class were showing each other their super gloppy craft painted space marines, with the cutting edge being someone who did eyes with a wood skewer.

I had talked my parents into buying this cool looking box at the comic book shop, then my friend came over and we spent the weekend trying to figure out hobby stuff. Come first recess on Monday and it was the magic thing talked about that sounded like more fun than anyine else's fun that weekend, and Tuesday I was handing out little plastic men.

Things were different then, since we didn't have the internet so 'this random crazy thing' you saw on a shelf was how everything always started. Still, the basic drive for boys to be fascinated with something like that is there at 10ish.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

FrostyPox posted:

Despite the toplessness, the Disco Coven of Garlghast made me laugh.

Would've been better not-topless, though.

The rest though.... no.

I was actually so dazzled by the pretty ball it took me a good 10 seconds to even notice the sisters were topless.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Warhammer 40k, the Space Opera.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40k-Chaos-Space-Marine-Demon-Prince-/151983646856?hash=item2362ee6888:g:SrwAAOSwFMZWrP0V

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Feb 20, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

MY EYES AREN'T UP HERE EITHER

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's actually an animated skull-shield controlling a lady golem.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
It looks like the tantrum skull from that comic.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

She has no eyes and I must scream

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Straight from one ebay store!

I might actually get him and give him a bath

Sometimes, you need to put a melta on your combi plasma. Sometimes you just glue a second barrel pointing right because you're insane.

Would have bought this, but when the price started approaching 4 pounds...

It's inspiring how some people are worse painters than me.

4chan interlude: is it a Crab T-54?

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

Crab. battle. It's like some sort of cave demon!

(Also, This looks pretty cool to me, to be honest.)

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

JcDent posted:

Sometimes, you need to put a melta on your combi plasma. Sometimes you just glue a second barrel pointing right because you're insane.

This is one of those pictures, where you find something new every time you look at it. Like the marine fumbling with his knife in the background. Or the spike on the flamer. Or the grenades on top of the two-barrelled bolter. Or the weird grip the front marine has on the combiplasmameltathing.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
That's not a two barrelled bolter. That's a bolter with a three-barrelled smoke grenade launcher from a tank attached in place.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Skellybones posted:

That's not a two barrelled bolter. That's a bolter with a three-barrelled smoke grenade launcher from a tank attached in place.

gently caress the haters

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord

A Cindy Clawford! These were mostly shellved in 8th edition but with KOW's new rules now have a moltitude of uses on the field. They'll even serve as a great beverage holder, IN A PINCH.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Have these been dipped?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

goatface posted:

Have these been dipped?

In that red ice cream dip, yeah

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lord Hypnostache posted:

This is one of those pictures, where you find something new every time you look at it. Like the marine fumbling with his knife in the background. Or the spike on the flamer. Or the grenades on top of the two-barrelled bolter. Or the weird grip the front marine has on the combiplasmameltathing.

I kinda wanted to do a squad of doofusmarines a little like this. Give one guy a scoped flamer, have someone trying to load a grenade into his bolter instead of his magazine, etc. Then I realized I didn't want to spend $texas on a lovely joke.

even moreso than I already had by buying GW products

JcDent
May 13, 2013

goatface posted:

Have these been dipped?

Looks similar to sloppy spray of red.

Source: My chimera.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

goatface posted:

Have these been dipped?

I put my hand up on your hip

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
They've either been dipped or had wash applied with a house brush.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Looks to me like a really poor basecoat on black primer. Atleast they thinned their paints.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Yeah those really aren't that far off salvageable.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
This kind of belongs in here based on the concept even the execution isn't bad at all:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SRM posted:

This kind of belongs in here based on the concept even the execution isn't bad at all:

Cursed to eternally belly-flop

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
That Eldar should go see a doctor. All those lumps don't look healthy

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

goatface posted:

Have these been dipped?

Don't make fun of the Adobe Angels. :colbert:

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Nurgle rhino, with poo and sweetcorn.

From here.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Sanford posted:

Nurgle rhino, with poo and sweetcorn.

From here.

Really want to see a nurgle squad covered in jizz now.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I didn't know Hollismason is using real crabs for his armies now.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

It wasn't an isolated case...

Notice the drilled holes, sublty loving the model into unusability.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

I'm the unpainted auto-launchers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Is that intentional or was he going for just an infected pustule sort of look that failed? Because if not... imagine playing against the guy with the poo army. Imagine that guy.