Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I would keep SSl on through tomorrow. Sunday nights are always the slowest for me that I have noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Couch potato still seems to be garbage after all these years. Added a film to grab and it grabbed the wrong one twice. Not even close to the same name.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Maybe it's your indexer? I dunno, I have a problem just a few times a year.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

It got it right, it failed, I checked again and it got it wrong and then couldn't find it after.

Oh well.

BRBPR
Jul 20, 2001

I used to have couch potato set up that when it sent a file to sabnzdb it would start paused. I can't remember when it broke but I'm tired of things getting auto added and downloaded without me saying it's ok. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Is Astraweb borked atm for anyone else. getting 2MB/s when I have 80Mbs or so down on tests, and multiple recent things failed to repair.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Thermopyle posted:

The main benefit of sonarr is that it handles failed downloads...Sickbeard doesn't at all.

Also sonarr has scene numbering interpreter (TheXEM) which helps with a few shows.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

ClassH posted:

Also sonarr has scene numbering interpreter (TheXEM) which helps with a few shows.

SickBeard is dead at this point, but the SickRage fork has been continually developed. It's got failed download handling, XEM integration, anime support and all that jazz - only feature I'm aware Sonarr has to offer that's not in SR is real-time download progress bars.

Keito fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 9, 2016

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Laserface posted:

It got it right, it failed, I checked again and it got it wrong and then couldn't find it after.

Oh well.

Yeah give up man it just doesn't work for anyone

... Have you checked the logs? I found my install was doing this and there were a bunch of errors due to OpenSSL and other issues. I reinstalled (correctly) and they went away and it was awesome.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Can SickRage be installed right over Sickbeard in OSX and pick up all the settings?

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Laserface posted:

Can SickRage be installed right over Sickbeard in OSX and pick up all the settings?

Looks like they advise against doing that because it can lead to problems. Lots of stuff has changed since they forked off
https://github.com/SickRage/sickrage-issues/wiki/Installation-&-Configuration-Guides

Sure you could try but it might not go too well

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

yotoc posted:

I used to have couch potato set up that when it sent a file to sabnzdb it would start paused. I can't remember when it broke but I'm tired of things getting auto added and downloaded without me saying it's ok. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Go to settings go to downloaders click show advanced and then you should have a priority pull down list.

Ganondork
Dec 26, 2012

Ganondork

Laserface posted:

Couch potato still seems to be garbage after all these years. Added a film to grab and it grabbed the wrong one twice. Not even close to the same name.

At this point, I only use Couchpotato for renaming and moving files. I've been burned by it downloading poo poo rips, with horrible bitrates too many times. I stick to manually choosing the NZB's I download these days.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
Has something changed on sickbeard's indexer or is it constantly failing for everyone else? It just started a couple weeks ago on Sonarr for me.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

suddenlyissoon posted:

Has something changed on sickbeard's indexer or is it constantly failing for everyone else? It just started a couple weeks ago on Sonarr for me.
Same. I think they might have blacklisted Sonarr.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Works just fine here. I have my intervals set to 20 minutes. nzbs.in on the other hand is up and down like a yoyo and constantly filling my log. Gonna disable it soon.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Are there any reports of Time Warner throttling or somehow loving with Usenet traffic? I should be getting 7.1MB but i'm lucky to get 4. I know it's something with my connection. Is it possible it's just the usenet provider (astraweb). Anyone using TW that can recommend a specific usenet service?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Jose Oquendo posted:

Are there any reports of Time Warner throttling or somehow loving with Usenet traffic? I should be getting 7.1MB but i'm lucky to get 4. I know it's something with my connection. Is it possible it's just the usenet provider (astraweb). Anyone using TW that can recommend a specific usenet service?

I'm on TWC with SuperNews. It's been saturating my 100 megabit connection just fine.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I'm on TWC with SuperNews. It's been saturating my 100 megabit connection just fine.

Thanks. I'll give that a shot.

Guerrand
Mar 12, 2006

RING RING RING RING RING RING

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is it possible it's just the usenet provider (astraweb). Anyone using TW that can recommend a specific usenet service?

Sure: Astraweb. Getting over 10MB/s just fine.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Is there a magic trick in getting CouchPotato working with NZBNDX.com? I can't find any documentation if there's a wildcard for the IMDBID (Something like &imdbid=***** which gets auto replaced) I should be adding to the "Host" URL. If I just give CouchPotato the API url, it returns EVERYTHING when searching for a movie. It's like it's not appending &imdbid=xxxxx to the API URL and if I remove that from the API URL (hoping it WILL append it), I get zero results at all.

What do I put in for the host to get this working?

Edit: Well, looking for something less obscure totally helps, and taking out all the query string variables makes it work. I really should have thought that through critically.

Mortanis fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Feb 17, 2016

BRBPR
Jul 20, 2001

apatheticman posted:

Go to settings go to downloaders click show advanced and then you should have a priority pull down list.

That was it, thanks! I'd been looking in sabnzbd.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I recently had to rebuild my Windows 7 OS and have everything back up and running. However, when I tell Sabnzdb to go to sleep once a download has completed ("On Finish" -> "Standby PC") it instead goes into hibernation. I just want it to go into low power mode and not write everything to disk.
Does anyone happen to know exactly where I should be looking to change the behaviour back to what it used to do? I can't find anything in the power settings that would indicate if it should sleep or hybrid/hibernate when I chose the option to sleep. What does Sab use to determine what I mean when I select that option?

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Sounds fine to me for a backup then. I'll remember to log in every now and then just in case they prune for inactive.

Hopefully nzbs.org will keep going as solid as it has done for years.

I think nzbs may have actually, finally, for real, gone down. Doesn't resolve anymore.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
People in irc apparently said they changed nameservers and should be back within 24 hours.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, I've learnt not to get worried unless it's for more than 48 hours. They have a habit of changing things and instilling the worst. It was a bit slow this morning for me, but am in the same boat of no-response now.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Trent Razor1911 posted:

People in irc apparently said they changed nameservers and should be back within 24 hours.

Already back for me.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Trent Razor1911 posted:

What channel do people hang out in?

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I'm having a problem with NZBGet working with Couch Potato and putting things in the right directory. The file coming from CouchPotato is correctly tagged as "Movies". However, when it gets completed it gets dumped into the main directory "completed" folder, ignoring the rules I have set up under the Categories setting. Odder still is that I have a TV rule set up that's working fine.

The only oddity I notice is that in History the movie is tagged with "Movie" on the "copy" line (which takes it to the completed folder after unpacking), but on the Success line there's no Category. I'm guessing this is it, but I don't know why it's losing the Category during copy. Items for TV don't have that extra line, but still get unpacked and copied to the correct folder.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Does Sonarr support anything other than TVDB yet? I'm sick of them locking shows with provably incorrect information and then behaving like babies when they are asked to have it fixed on their forums.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Sub Rosa posted:

Does Sonarr support anything other than TVDB yet? I'm sick of them locking shows with provably incorrect information and then behaving like babies when they are asked to have it fixed on their forums.

Found this today, had a chuckle (Horace and pete)
https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?t=28695

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sub Rosa posted:

It supports TheXEM (http://thexem.de) by default, which is essentially a site that fixes the awfulness of the crying at TheTVDB who warp season/episode listings that aren't useful for anyone, and creates links between the scene numbering which everyone uses.

There is a bit of a pain in the fact that you can't see it - i.e. it'll download s10e1 and automatically file it correctly to s9e1 which is fab - until you have to manually fill in a blank and it overwrites a good episode because you don't realise there's active binding. But it's not a big deal and you generally know which shows are affected.

Also: TheXEM people are truly awesome, if you go into their IRC channel and say "hey I think something might be up with this..." they're polite and look into it straight away and fix it if wrong.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

It supports TheXEM (http://thexem.de) by default, which is essentially a site that fixes the awfulness of the crying at TheTVDB who warp season/episode listings that aren't useful for anyone, and creates links between the scene numbering which everyone uses.

There is a bit of a pain in the fact that you can't see it - i.e. it'll download s10e1 and automatically file it correctly to s9e1 which is fab - until you have to manually fill in a blank and it overwrites a good episode because you don't realise there's active binding. But it's not a big deal and you generally know which shows are affected.

Also: TheXEM people are truly awesome, if you go into their IRC channel and say "hey I think something might be up with this..." they're polite and look into it straight away and fix it if wrong.

Good to know, I actually see that the show in question does have the remapping on TheXEM. But the show isn't showing up on Usenet/my indexers. So if Sonarr isn't doing the downloading itself, will it still work? If I just throw a bunch of mkvs into the folder and tell Sonarr to tag and rename will it figure it out? Edit: Apparently not.

Sub Rosa fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 21, 2016

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sub Rosa posted:

If I just throw a bunch of mkvs into the folder and tell Sonarr to tag and rename will it figure it out? Edit: Apparently not.

It should do, you should have a folder made especially for this in fact - it's called *something* Factory I think (my box is down so I can't check the exact name). It's basically a watch folder that exists for you to do precisely this. Go through the settings section and you'll find where this is outlined.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Drone Factory, but the file names have to be a format Sonaar can recognize, like [Show Name] - SxEE - [Episode Name].

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That's the one. I tend to do a test file to make sure all is good before I dump a seasons worth in there. If a file remains after a few minutes it hasn't picked it up for some reason, so rename and wait again etc.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

EL BROMANCE posted:

That's the one. I tend to do a test file to make sure all is good before I dump a seasons worth in there. If a file remains after a few minutes it hasn't picked it up for some reason, so rename and wait again etc.

There's a Rescan Drone Factory Folder button in the Wanted section.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

gabensraum posted:

quote:

The rule makes sense. Nobody would want to see an explosion of people posting their vlogs to YouTube, calling it the latest and most daring attack on the Big Networks, and logging it as an official TVDB blessed production.

Lol

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Vykk.Draygo posted:

There's a Rescan Drone Factory Folder button in the Wanted section.

Ha, that's pretty useful. I never spotted it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Got it to work, thanks. The show name it wanted was "etc" and it was named as "etc and the etc - s1e1" instead. After I just put it in a folder named "etc" it finally picked it up. I'm still annoyed that the seasons are now wrong in Kodi, though.

Edit:

gabensraum posted:

And Jesus Christ this is exactly the sort of poo poo I'm talking about. About such a great show, too.

Edit2: DarklightIndigo's sig being Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet. is my favorite part.

Sub Rosa fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 21, 2016