Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Here's what i think of

millennials

*farrt*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Don't confuse idealism with self entitlement. I'm sure her boomer parents gave her all these simplistic platitudes and she thought she'd move to the big city and make it big. Then it turned out what she thought was a given was actually a privilege. Like I said, it's hard to be sympathetic when there are people making due with far less resources and privilege.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I'd be interested to see her attitude in ten years. Would she be completely different and changed, looking back at the experience as a rough lesson? Or would she double down and act all vindicated at all the public displays of stupidity?

:byodame: "I can't believe Taco Bell fired me for recording myself pouring purple dyed salsa down my vajayjay!"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Panfilo posted:

Don't confuse idealism with self entitlement. I'm sure her boomer parents gave her all these simplistic platitudes and she thought she'd move to the big city and make it big. Then it turned out what she thought was a given was actually a privilege. Like I said, it's hard to be sympathetic when there are people making due with far less resources and privilege.

You're retarded dude

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Good wages are the foundation of a strong economy, more people with more money does a lot more than 1% with everything.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Panfilo posted:

I'd be interested to see her attitude in ten years. Would she be completely different and changed, looking back at the experience as a rough lesson? Or would she double down and act all vindicated at all the public displays of stupidity?

:byodame: "I can't believe Taco Bell fired me for recording myself pouring purple dyed salsa down my vajayjay!"

Vindicated as target, wal-mart, and Amazon move in on that app's space, and the guy goes broke because it was just another tech start up that couldn't be flashy enough for its customer base, and then she will be able to make a living off her writing and proclaim herself as one of the people on the forefront of fair wages.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Vindicated as target, wal-mart, and Amazon move in on that app's space, and the guy goes broke because it was just another tech start up that couldn't be flashy enough for its customer base, and then she will be able to make a living off her writing and proclaim herself as one of the people on the forefront of fair wages.

This already happened and it never came true.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Are you dumb pinko commie nerds still white knighting this princess of the capitalist dreamworld? lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Your posterchild: Not a victim of genuine oppression and poverty, but a pampered white girl who is insufficiently rich

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Flesh Forge posted:

Your posterchild: Not a victim of genuine oppression and poverty, but a pampered white girl who is insufficiently rich

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
Man as a student I made less than 14k a year and I lived perfectly fine/ate like a loving king(I didnt have a school meal plan and bought my own food with my money). Only thing I didn't pay for is insurance and that's because I was under my parent's plan. Just get more roommates or don't move to god drat San Francisco.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

My heart really goes out to this person who has worked for less than a single year but is entitled to a promotion. Thank you to all of the effort posts that are keeping the struggle real.

It takes a lot of courage to use a hash tag when talking to your CEO and I'm really glad that someone finally took it upon themselves for all the poor people of the world to do that.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crazy Pigeon posted:

Man as a student I made less than 14k a year and I lived perfectly fine/ate like a loving king(I didnt have a school meal plan and bought my own food with my money). Only thing I didn't pay for is insurance and that's because I was under my parent's plan. Just get more roommates or don't move to god drat San Francisco.

I know a bunch of dipshits who are convinced that San Francisco is the place to be!!!! even though they could be living & working pretty much anywhere else in the state that's just as nice, less crowded, and costs less.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I feel like no one in this thread that talks about the bay area has actually lived here the last few years. A room in san jose for 500? Only in the ghetto, and that's IF you're lucky. We live in a 2 bedroom that costs 1450 a month in a neighborhood that has the street blocked off by the police once a week and has practically no insulation and shaking windows every time the wind blows. 250 of those bucks in the last 2 years. I have friends in SF that pay that much for a studio in the tenderloin (hella ghetto for you non cali folk). poo poo has gotten insanely unlivable here, to the point where various grassroots groups are starting to pop up to try and slow down the insane rate rent is going up because everyone is living with their parents in low income housing on food stamps and are still unable to make ends meet. The elderly are expected to live off not even a grand in social security, somehow. My family and myself are actually leaving CA next month because outside of New York basically anywhere else is more reasonable. poo poo is really bad here. Like yeah homegirl is an idiot, but poo poo is still really hosed.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Crazy Pigeon posted:

p much

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

OxMan posted:

I feel like no one in this thread that talks about the bay area has actually lived here the last few years. A room in san jose for 500? Only in the ghetto, and that's IF you're lucky. We live in a 2 bedroom that costs 1450 a month in a neighborhood that has the street blocked off by the police once a week and has practically no insulation and shaking windows every time the wind blows. 250 of those bucks in the last 2 years. I have friends in SF that pay that much for a studio in the tenderloin (hella ghetto for you non cali folk). poo poo has gotten insanely unlivable here, to the point where various grassroots groups are starting to pop up to try and slow down the insane rate rent is going up because everyone is living with their parents in low income housing on food stamps and are still unable to make ends meet. The elderly are expected to live off not even a grand in social security, somehow. My family and myself are actually leaving CA next month because outside of New York basically anywhere else is more reasonable. poo poo is really bad here. Like yeah homegirl is an idiot, but poo poo is still really hosed.

she may have wanted to look into that before moving there for a minimum wage job

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

An Open Letter to My Boss from fyodor:

Hey suck my dick!

UPDATE: I've been fired.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

fyodor posted:

An Open Letter to My Boss from fyodor:

Hey suck my dick!

UPDATE: I've been fired.

whats yuour paypal???

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

OxMan posted:

Great, so you're doing the right thing then? When I graduated from college I didn't move back to Detroit because, similar to what you're saying about the Bay Area, it wasn't going to provide opportunities for me to support myself or my family. People were all 'lol of course Detroit sucks and there's no jobs' and this isn't much of a different situation. You can't live on 20k/yr in San Francisco (or anywhere in the Bay) so don't try.

The fact that this person actually moved to the Bay Area knowing that this was the case is what is truly mind boggling. The people who deserve sympathy and help are those who are stuck and cannot afford to move - the single mothers who make up the majority of the cafeteria workers and other service workers at the tech companies, for example. Not the dumb poo poo whose career aspirations add up to 'forums superstar'.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

OxMan posted:

I don't think anyone is seriously arguing things aren't hosed. We do need real wage growth. $21/h isn't going to happen but we should at least try to raise the minimum wage. We do need single-payer healthcare. We do need to do something about lower income people getting squeezed out of cities and poo poo on in-general. And yeah all of that probably means raising taxes on everyone, especially people making a couple hundred grand a year or more.

But none of that makes this stupid bitch any less of an idiot with poor planning skills and a spoiled rotten personality. This is not the hill for progressives to die on.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
I one hundred percent agree with the posters saying this is a long con, and that this woman has had her next job lined up for a while. She's going to be making unfunny, humblebraggy tweets for xoJane or something soon. She needs our PayPal dollars to tide her over until that first paycheck.
Edit: I also totally agree with the poster above me.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Uncle Salty posted:

I one hundred percent agree with the posters saying this is a long con, and that this woman has had her next job lined up for a while. She's going to be making unfunny, humblebraggy tweets for xoJane or something soon. She needs our PayPal dollars to tide her over until that first paycheck.

I'm still undecided. She is either a marketing genius or exactly the idiot she appears to be.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I wish for the suffering and brutal oppression of untold billions lmao :coolspot:

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Nation posted:

Good wages are the foundation of a strong economy, more people with more money does a lot more than 1% with everything.

Flat 10% tax then.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I do agree housing prices are insane. Buying a house is prohibitive, but still feasible. My plan is to save up money and wait out this current boom, then when the housing market goes all Mad Max on everybody I'll be the Real Estate Immortan Joe trickling out condos to the starving masses while lecturing, :smug: "Do not, my friends, be addicted to cheap housing. It will take hold of you, and you will grow to resent it."

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

crabcakes66 posted:

I'm still undecided. She is either a marketing genius or exactly the idiot she appears to be.

She matched with a dude because he worked at twitter and she thought he "could get me verified". A nobody, with 500 followers, getting ready to gently caress another customer service rep in order to get a blue check mark.
Edit: oops, she has 10,000 followers...

Uncle Salty fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 21, 2016

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

San Fran has not been the place to be since the late 60s.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Wasn't there some company last year that had the CEO decide to give everybody a raise for this very reason? I can't remember what company or how it turned out.

But what I found funny about it was that there were employees butthurt they all got a raise because I guess it meant the Libertarian spergs that thought they should have better footing than newer folks were in the same boat. Crabs in a bucket, I tell ya!

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
I'm better than most everyone and make wiser life choices, such as paying 10 dollars for internet forums and

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Uncle Salty posted:

She matched with a dude because he worked at twitter and she thought he "could get me verified". A nobody, with 500 followers, getting ready to gently caress another customer service rep in order to get a blue check mark.

I'm now on a crusade to get my dog verified (he is important)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

she has big boobs?

well, id like to see them

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

Cartouche posted:

Literally starving on rice alone. Has at least 3 full size chef knives, one appears to be ceramic.

I propose this quote replaces the "99% of poor households have refrigerators" picture.

Lol if you think having knives is a big deal.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

employee discounts that don't stack

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Indy posted:

I propose this quote replaces the "99% of poor households have refrigerators" picture.

Poor people should only eat poor people food and never derive pleasure or satisfaction from preparing it.

When I put that can of creamed corn in the food drive box, I expect you to sit on the loving floor and eat it out of the can with your fingers like an animal and then sob yourself to sleep on a dirty pile of newspapers, god drat it.

If you don't fit my dumb rear end new age Oliver Twist definition of poor, you really have no right to complain.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Indy posted:

Is the "99% of poor households have refrigerators" picture wrong in any way?

"poor"

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
San Fran has had wage bloat problems for YEARS, but only when this crybaby white girl who has never held a job before is infuriated that her minimum wage job isn't paying enough for her lovely life choices, do we truly see the extent of the problem.

It's like that guy on DeviantArt who didn't feel that bad for holocaust victims until someone started shopping My Little Ponys into Auschwitz.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

reallivedinosaur posted:

Poor people should only eat poor people food and never derive pleasure or satisfaction from preparing it.

When I put that can of creamed corn in the food drive box, I expect you to sit on the loving floor and eat it out of the can with your fingers like an animal and then sob yourself to sleep on a dirty pile of newspapers, god drat it.

If you don't fit my dumb rear end new age Oliver Twist definition of poor, you really have no right to complain.

I too think that those given things for doing nothing reserve the right to bitch about their lot in life.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

well, I am interested in young ladys with big boobs no matter what german town they live in, or mexican, like san frasisco

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

San Fran has had wage bloat problems for YEARS, but only when this crybaby white girl who has never held a job before is infuriated that her minimum wage job isn't paying enough for her lovely life choices, do we truly see the extent of the problem.

It's like that guy on DeviantArt who didn't feel that bad for holocaust victims until someone started shopping My Little Ponys into Auschwitz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
arbeit macht friendship

• Locked thread