Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Skunkrocker posted:

I'm not sure but I think the nailgun sucks, also three rounds in the CL and not the IRL four?

Almir giveth, Almir taketh away. :smith:

Pounder is amazing. It's a mini-katana, and yet I seem to be using it twice as often as the katana.

Mainly because it's great to run up to a cop and nail' em in the face :kheldragar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Crabtree posted:

Pubs still do not know how to make builds or play goat heist. "Can you bring ammo" says the technician ghost with one basic sentry and two ECMs.

One of the big reason WoW chopped the free pick talent system. Overkill probably should consider it too.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The wolf safes have the best skin names, it's pretty fantastic!

Meiwaku
Jan 10, 2011

Fun for the whole family!

Puistokemisti posted:

One of the big reason WoW chopped the free pick talent system. Overkill probably should consider it too.

I hope not, ridiculous pubby builds add more hilarity and challenge than any difficulty setting.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

BillmasterCozb posted:

Pounder is amazing. It's a mini-katana, and yet I seem to be using it twice as often as the katana.

Mainly because it's great to run up to a cop and nail' em in the face :kheldragar:

It's tons of fun to use, but I guess I'm still using it like I would use the Kunai and that's my problem. If I want to keep using this weapon I need to learn to use it differently. :smith:

Launcher on the other hand is loving boss! I love it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Thanks to Lynx, Mas, and Merc!

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Thanks for Crowd Control and Cutting the Red Wire just before it. The wait begins again.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Just three more days until mega mask anarchy. Thursday can't come fast enough.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I expect to see full Goon lobbies of Mega Kawaii masks.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

UnknownMercenary posted:

I expect to see full Goon lobbies of Mega Kawaii masks.

Got a spare COP?

:negative:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

No but for the right price ($100 USD) you too can own a Mega Kawaii mask.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

UnknownMercenary posted:

No but for the right price ($100 USD) you too can own a Mega Kawaii mask.

:suicide: thanks overkill.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

:suicide: thanks overkill.

Look it at this guy ain't an Almir $lave.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Well you can always convince them to sell like a partial COP pack of just mega masks. But even then Ashley or some other contractist will come out of the wood work to scream OVERKILL BROKE A PROMISE.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Let's be real here, even as somebody who really doesn't have a problem with skins themselves, the COP's big secret item being a skin that you essentially paid $20 to gamble for was really loving lovely. Adding these masks is their way of making up for it - arguably 14 masks for $20 is still not a great deal - and there's really nothing else left to sell in the COP separate from them except the weapon skin safe. It sucks for those who missed out, sure, but it was real loving lovely to have waited 9 months for what the COP originally gave, and I think giving us this and keeping the exclusivity is cool. If nothing else I can see them not putting it on sale again just to avoid pissing off even more people.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
As someone who bought the COP I should have cool stuff that nobody else has, especially since I have some goofy flame skin for the JP30(?) that has mods included on it

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

UnknownMercenary posted:

Let's be real here, even as somebody who really doesn't have a problem with skins themselves, the COP's big secret item being a skin that you essentially paid $20 to gamble for was really loving lovely. Adding these masks is their way of making up for it - arguably 14 masks for $20 is still not a great deal - and there's really nothing else left to sell in the COP separate from them except the weapon skin safe. It sucks for those who missed out, sure, but it was real loving lovely to have waited 9 months for what the COP originally gave, and I think giving us this and keeping the exclusivity is cool. If nothing else I can see them not putting it on sale again just to avoid pissing off even more people.

i mean it was more of a donation incentive, but yeah they shouldn't have made the fuckin gun skins a gamble, they should have just given everyone all mint condition skins, but they couldn't be traded/sold or something.

Also, Mega Kawaii should not have a glowing effect, but instead turn the heister's voice lines into a high pitched japanese schoolgirl's voice, like an extra character (but you can still be bonnie Jiro.)

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

BillmasterCozb posted:

i mean it was more of a donation incentive, but yeah they shouldn't have made the fuckin gun skins a gamble, they should have just given everyone all mint condition skins, but they couldn't be traded/sold or something.

Also, Mega Kawaii should not have a glowing effect, but instead turn the heister's voice lines into a high pitched japanese schoolgirl's voice, like an extra character (but you can still be bonnie Jiro.)

Rie Kugimiya as Mega Kawaii Jiro VA seiyuu.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Got a spare COP?

:negative:

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Got a spare Humble Mask Pack 1 code? And apparently like 50 keys because this thread turned me into a greedy jerk.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

THE CHORSE posted:

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Got a spare Humble Mask Pack 1 code? And apparently like 50 keys because this thread turned me into a greedy jerk.

I have neither of those things because raisins.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

A buddy of mine and myself finally stopped being lazy and got some mods, including the goonmod, and they are amazing. Jesus I feel like a caveman for playing 300 hours of this game with no mods. Never again.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The vanilla players are a dying breed and I don't really care about losing numbers. There is a lot of stupid fun that can be brought into this game by loving around with it.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I still play vanilla when goonmod breaks and i'm too lazy to fix it

Then i run a sniper rifle and i get it back in within seconds

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Fellis posted:

I still play vanilla when goonmod breaks and i'm too lazy to fix it
literally me irl

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

You don't realize how much of a crutch the mods are. Sometimes I feel like I'm cheating.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

You don't realize how much of a crutch the mods are. Sometimes I feel like I'm cheating.

But then you kill so many cops that never despawn and your framerate puts you on a level playing field.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Ironsight normalization and a down counter are the only two things I find that affect my game significantly. Unless you count trying to top the killboard when I have a kill counter enabled.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Many mods have no gameplay effects. I use goonmod exclusively for its inventory features.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Yeah, well, I specifically meant push to interact.

And to be fair the PocoHud health indicators on cops are kind of cheating too. You see a four digit number floating in smoke you know it's a Dozer standing where a smoke grenade went off.

Edit: also I heard you used the cinematic camera mod to spy on guards during Train Stealth or something. Not that it matters all that much, just throwing it out there.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Skunkrocker posted:

Yeah, well, I specifically meant push to interact.

Oh no, you can push a button once instead of holding it for several seconds. How unfair! Oh wait...

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Guys, it doesn't matter HOW we answer the phone, as long as it gets answered

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Oh no, you can push a button once instead of holding it for several seconds. How unfair! Oh wait...

Look, if you aren't physically and emotionally invested in every lock you pick and every drill you restart, you might as well just uninstall Payday 2: Serious Heisting Game.

Skunkrocker posted:

Edit: also I heard you used the cinematic camera mod to spy on guards during Train Stealth or something. Not that it matters all that much, just throwing it out there.

OH SHIIIIIIT

DISCENDO VOX, DEFEND YOUR HONOR

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i used a mod once

yeah... i live on the edge :cool:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Afraid of Audio posted:

i used a mod once

yeah... i live on the edge :cool:

m-m-m-mods????

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
So much illegal playstyles in this thread. COMPLETELY ILLEGAL PLAYING.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Crabtree posted:

So much illegal playstyles in this thread. COMPLETELY ILLEGAL PLAYING.

The hoxhud heist: break into olipros basement and delete that lovely texture override once and for all

Bonus objective, delete the MP3 that isn't chains yelling GET THE gently caress UP

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Psion posted:

The hoxhud heist: break into olipros basement and delete that lovely texture override once and for all

Bonus objective, delete the MP3 that isn't chains yelling GET THE gently caress UP

What do we do with the anticheat that constantly gets hosed? Duct-tape it to an old Soviet ICBM courtesy of Vlad and launch it into space?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The only problem I have with hold to interact is people being so reliant on it when Hoxhud breaks that they gently caress up answering pagers. Good thing I haven't given a gently caress about stealth in forever.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Even with push-to-interact pagers get me so paranoid I always hold that button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
This safe-picking time...it's so exhilarating! I've never felt a tension like this before. It's so different from simply pushing to interact!