Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
It seems like I keep reading the same posts over and over.

At least, that's the way I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here
Maybe you're clicking the quotes, going back, and rereading entire pages? :eng99:
I've done that several times.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

I Greyhound posted:

It seems like I keep reading the same posts over and over.

At least, that's the way I see it.

Try posting something interesting then you fat piece of lesnick. Waaah. Eat poo poo.

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Try posting something interesting then you fat piece of lesnick. Waaah. Eat poo poo.

Done!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

This is a good point. I mean, when it came out Sandi had used CIG resources for stuff for her :airquote: actress career :airquote: she claimed she had paid for it herself. Like, how?

Lol if you think the greatest marketing personality in the whole world and ever since she was a little girl doesn't have a comically oversized piggy bank where she keeps her hard-earned dollars.

Since she was a little girl with her humble, but fairly priced, lemonade stand she saved everything she could. Now, as an established name in the biz, she's able to provide herself with the things her parents never could - acting lessons and martial arts classes.

Which martial arts does she practice? All of them, clearly!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Toops posted:

The Hangar will have it's own personalized, persistent, "fidelitorius", aviary, full of the beautiful birds that you rescue by BOOPING into them at low velocity.

Ram them at high velocity and you will get a warrant put on you for "Nefarious Bird Murder" which is forbidden in the 'Lax.

At least that's the way I see it.

So beautiful, such fidelity. Dreams will happen in the 'lax friends

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Ok I knew audiophiles were pretty resistent to evidence, but now it's just unashamed techno-homeopathy

I love this site http://www.machinadynamica.com/index.html

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Now that we have a non-poo poo thread title, can we start making non-poo poo posts again?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Shitposts are also ok, just no poo poo posts please

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

There's no way it's not a hitch hiker's reference. They've even got a towel as a backer reward. It's all that same tired reference.

I also seriously doubt Sandi is the Douglas Adams fan in that family.

Why not? As far as I'm concerned, Sandi is a good marine biologist and Douglas Adams fan. This farce just shows you shouldn't put a marine biologist into marketing. :colbert:

BigglesSWE posted:

Douglas Adams would be able to write some really biting satire about the doings of CIG, bless his soul. He left us too soon, while SC will be around for far too long.

Douglas Adams partied so hard he once missed one of his book deadlines by a margin so large he had to start writing after the deadline was already over.

That man wasn't meant to be long in this world.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Toops posted:

Awesome dude! Thanks for this. I have a bunch of docs I'd like to get up there.

Knock yourself out, buddy. That's why it's there. And, this is smart development on a budget. Do we need international video calls? Nope!

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Fargin Icehole posted:

At the risk of sounding like an old gently caress, It just wasn't what it was then. PC Gaming was a lot smaller than what it is now. Consoles finally catching up to worldwide multiplayer support (even if PC gaming did it a decade earlier, there sure as poo poo wasn't as much people there for it) is what drove this poo poo into overdrive.

Nobody knows what HEAT.NET is anymore. Which is weird considering how this overambitious ideas man (Chris Roberts) is known for games older than that, and got that much money in "donations" to produce a product that so far, has not seen very promising results.

Sorry RSI forums, that's the way it goes. Star Citizen right now, is leagues worse than whatever Keiji Inafune tried to produce with Mighty No. 9 (which is constantly getting delayed for multiplayer reasons, in a mega man game), and the stupid decision to START a new Kickstarter for a Mega Man Legends-like game before they have even released the former game. Oh and starting up a separate kickstarter for the ANIME of the latter game.

EDIT: At least that's how I see it......................

So, I played MW2 on Heat, Kali and Mplayer. I remember those days.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ravane posted:

Uncle Derek, please have a lesnickers. You're not you when you're hungry for drama.

:golfclap:

Besides, it should take him a while to eat it. 2 weeks?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

My bet is they'll never have to answer for any of it

I feel the same :(

They've been funnelling money from the US to UK and Germany... and from there, probably back to the US again. It would need a massive task force of law enforcement from all three countries to trace the cash. You can be sure that there will also be a secretive offshore entity or two in the mix...

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Feb 21, 2016

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The legal fees triple every second!

The worst kind of legal fees!

Oh, wait...

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Samizdata posted:

The worst kind of legal fees!

Oh, wait...

The worst kind of legal fees are usually covered by the church.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

"Look inside yourself, you gotta timebox him out of existence!"

TMEBOX YEEEAH!

Timeboxer.

"Look. Timeboxer, in order to save the universe, you need to knock out Time in less than one round!"

"Hey, Time! I'm going to clean your clock!"

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Who gives a flying gently caress about the progress of ships if the game itself runs like pure rear end?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Who gives a flying gently caress about the progress of ships if the game itself runs like pure rear end?

backers

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Man, Elite Dangerous is neat. I don't know why people even give a poo poo about Star Citizen when the game Star Citizen promises to be is actually already out and being developed by a competent, goal-achieving team.

I was cruising along in supercruise and some other (bigger) ship blasts up from behind me and direct messages me that he was "sent to find me" and I just noped the gently caress out and sped up towards my mission objective station. Are there actually quests/story and poo poo?

Also the newbie zone stations are a nonstop trainwreck of newbies loving up their landings, not getting landing clearance or loitering in the station and getting blown up, it makes for a fantastic atmosphere.

Chocobo fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Feb 21, 2016

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Chocobo posted:

Man, Elite Dangerous is neat. I don't know why people even give a poo poo about Star Citizen when the game Star Citizen promises to be is actually already out and being developed by a competent goal-driven team.

1. Fidelity :downs:
2. Season Pass :argh:
3. Steam :argh:
4. Publishers :argh:
:gary:5. Sunk costs:yarg:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Samizdata posted:

Timeboxer.

"Look. Timeboxer, in order to save the universe, you need to knock out Time in less than one round!"

"Tonight the clock strikes dead!"

"Timeboxer, fight with your hands of time, show him the midnight hour power!".

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Chocobo posted:

Man, Elite Dangerous is neat. I don't know why people even give a poo poo about Star Citizen when the game Star Citizen promises to be is actually already out and being developed by a competent, goal-achieving team.

Will you be able to mix Hairy Roberts cocktails and serve an NPC and realplayer passenger hold in Elite? Will you be able to hunt procedurally generated birds, capture them, drug them, rape them, then keep them as your slaves in Elite? Does Elite have 3 alien languages specially invented for the game?

No.

I win.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The funniest thing to me is that Dolvak reads this.

And thinks that this videogame/reddit/twitch stuff is an important part of his life.

lol.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

And thinks that this videogame/reddit/twitch stuff is an important part of his life.

lol.

This and the fact that he unironically calls himself a journalist. He genuinely believes that he's a credible journalist and that INN is a credible organisation.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

fuctifino posted:

Will you be able to mix Hairy Roberts cocktails and serve an NPC and realplayer passenger hold in Elite? Will you be able to hunt procedurally generated birds, capture them, drug them, rape them, then keep them as your slaves in Elite? Does Elite have 3 alien languages specially invented for the game?

No.

I win.

Neither will you be able to do these things in Star Citizen :smug:

Solar Plebeian on the other hand...

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

o1
o2
o3
o4
o5
o7
o9

let me know if i missed any, thanks all

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

The worst kind of legal fees are usually covered by the church.

In Zealot's defense, he wrote a lot about being forced to watch executions, penectomies and giving yourself up to be served as civil meat, but I don't recall a single reference to rape

Nobody correct me if I'm wrong

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

lol.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

fuctifino posted:

No.

I win.

none of this is in SC either so :shrug:

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Chocobo posted:

I was cruising along in supercruise and some other (bigger) ship blasts up from behind me and direct messages me that he was "sent to find me" and I just noped the gently caress out and sped up towards my mission objective station. Are there actually quests/story and poo poo?

Well it exists and therefore can be critiqued. Not unfairly either, it's a game that does not have much depth to it aside from what is player made and is a grind once you hit the middle tier of ships. That said, I do love it and have no problem continuing to give Frontier money as long as they keep making solid development strides like they have been since I purchased it. I would highly recommend jumping through the minor hoops to join the SA group Diamond Frogs if for nothing else than to skip some of the tedium earning the first decent ship and getting some goals outside of learning the controls and mechanics. There's only a handful of mission types at the moment, the "story" is galactic politics you can safely ignore (and probably should until they rework that whole aspect) but adding depth to the mission system is the next major update planned. It's a lot of fun overall and a well optimized game. No Gary Oldman though.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Happy Sisyphus posted:

o1
o2
oe
o3
oπ
o4
o5
o7
o9

let me know if i missed any, thanks all

I dunno you may have forgotten just a couple:

At least, that's how I "see" it.................

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

No platinum so he hasn't seen the good stuff yet.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Samizdata posted:

Timeboxer.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

"Tonight the clock strikes dead!"

"Timeboxer, fight with your hands of time, show him the midnight hour power!".

Quick, get Hasselfhoff on the line!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

drat Dirty Ape posted:

No platinum so he hasn't seen the good stuff yet.

Pretty good bang for his :10bux:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
lol what a moron he paid $10 to not even post here

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I have no idea if that's actually Dolvak, but I wouldn't be surprised :v:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
also someone should tell reddit dolvak is the secret goon manipulating everything

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Chocobo posted:

Also the newbie zone stations are a nonstop trainwreck of newbies loving up their landings, not getting landing clearance or loitering in the station and getting blown up, it makes for a fantastic atmosphere.

Just goes to show it's not really anything about a game for some of these people. It's a dream church for miscreants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Now that's a much better thread title.

At least that's how I see it......

• Locked thread