Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

What reward tier do you guys usually pull down in LLJK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Claytor posted:

The Ruthless Aggression 2004 scenario is pretty fantastic. The guy who made that mod has clearly put a ton of work into it, and it's got a level of polish that I haven't yet seen in another TEW 2013 mod.

I'm curious, does anyone know why, in the Ruthless Aggression mod, guys like Danielson and Punk are rated as "average" when it comes to in-ring skills?

I'm playing as ROH, but it seems tricky to run a workrate promotion when everyone is rated like they suck.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Fumaofthelake posted:

What reward tier do you guys usually pull down in LLJK?

As long as it's not those quick fire 24 hour road to glory events that start at 2am we normally get through epic but have trouble in legendary, almost always due to divas (my divas :( ) and one or two weak cards.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

triplexpac posted:

I'm curious, does anyone know why, in the Ruthless Aggression mod, guys like Danielson and Punk are rated as "average" when it comes to in-ring skills?

I'm playing as ROH, but it seems tricky to run a workrate promotion when everyone is rated like they suck.

Out of curiosity I decided to download the mod and yeah, those guys have some weak-rear end stats. If I had to make a guess, I'm think it's to reflect their youth and inexperience. Because looking at the WWE workers and RoH's 30-somethings it seems like on the overall a workers ability is directly proportional to their age, and all the RoH guys are young. Either that or some notion of smaller company = crappier workers to mechanically reflect the struggle of a company like RoH to succeed businesswise in a post-WWE world.

At least most of them have enough psychology and basics to get by.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 18, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

triplexpac posted:

Haha in TEW16 dudes can sue you now if you fire them over little stuff like farting backstage.

That's hilarious and I really hope it goes both ways in that troublemaking wrestlers can file sue you for "justified" firings and just adds a lot of fun chaos to the game.

Its obvious that Ryland's big focus this time around was really beefing up the "backstage" stuff to make the world more interesting. If he managed to make that reflected in the AI I think that's great. Toss in the Alliance additions he's made all I really have left on my wishlist is fixes to the Developmental Companies. And I'm holding out hope that he's saving that as a big mid-way through reveal.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

There are a few things I'd love to see personally. 1 is a no-brainer imho, 2 and 3 are more pipe dreams.

1) Either a Creative Meeting list that goes more than 5 deep for hot prospects, or an alternate tab where I can check the scouting report of any of my young guys. Having to move around the pushes for my young guys just so I can see all their reports is annoying and counter intuitive.
2) A 'Meteoric Rise' event. Basically the idea being to simulate the rise of say, a Daniel Bryan or a Goldberg, where they just catch fire with the crowd and can gain pop much more easily.
3) A 'Personal Epiphany' event, where a worker can suddenly jump up several notches in a stat (usually entertainment skills) in a short period of time. Think Rock joining the Nation of Domination or Edge and Christian after WM 2000. Having Rock at D+/65 or so in mic skills in 99 because he sucked in 96 and you can only go up so fast is kinda irritating.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I love Ryland's ideas but if he could make that interface a little less spreadsheety, I'd love to play his games. Like some way to graphically put a card together. Drop down menus bore the hell out of me.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
One thing I wish TEW had was a way to debut an unknown guy in a splashy way.

ChrisBTY posted:

2) A 'Meteoric Rise' event. Basically the idea being to simulate the rise of say, a Daniel Bryan or a Goldberg, where they just catch fire with the crowd and can gain pop much more easily.

They do have this already to a point, don't they? I've had dudes get over in TEW when I didn't do anything special with them. Maybe not to A*, but from D-B quite easily.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It's not ideal but you can always hype them up in angles (offscreen obvs) for a storyline featuring them and either a manager or personality. Do it hard enough and then kill the storyline immediately before their ''debut" match and they'll come in with a ton of momentum.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

triplexpac posted:

One thing I wish TEW had was a way to debut an unknown guy in a splashy way.

They do have this already to a point, don't they? I've had dudes get over in TEW when I didn't do anything special with them. Maybe not to A*, but from D-B quite easily.

Maybe I'm just a micromanager, but I've never had it quite that easy. Maybe up to D after a few years. But not any further. Getting guys past 70/C+ish pop has been a knife fight for me unless I feed somebody whose already higher than that to them.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

ChrisBTY posted:

Maybe I'm just a micromanager, but I've never had it quite that easy. Maybe up to D after a few years. But not any further. Getting guys past 70/C+ish pop has been a knife fight for me unless I feed somebody whose already higher than that to them.

I've had people get massively over without much effort

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Given that my star players flounder around at D-, I think that's pretty good.

To the question earlier about "How do you run small feds", well, first I set up a storyline and a series between two competitors that have good chemistry. Then I wait until one's contract is up and loving Byron no longer wants to hire workers of that type. Then I drink.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Tonfa posted:

You're just being a pedant now

This is the Lady Naga formula. They enjoy posting in just about every thread on the forums with a complete stick up their rear end usually arguing with everyone about dumb poo poo and suggesting really bad ideas that as soon as people disagree with them by using common sense then they start insulting their detractors. It was never funny, but it must be amusing to them, and they're not hurting anyone so who cares? I guess if you enjoy arguing with what is basically a Skype chat robot only instead of offering "free xxx live webcam" or whatever they just say really stupid poo poo on the internet then go right ahead and have a conversation with Lady Naga.

At the moment I'm trying to figure out how much it would cost me to get a programmer friend of mine to make a Chrome App that will replace every single Lady Naga post with pictures of cats.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
drat you sure took me down a peg in this random-rear end thread about wrestling videogames.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
You're all just jealous because you don't have a gimmick beyond "Username SA poster".

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I actually really like the look of the new UFC game, I'm watching some beta stuff and all and saw the trailer for stuff like career mode and all and it actually looks pretty neat. One big thing I saw it looks like they got rid of the old grapple/submission system and replaced it with a new thing, any beta players have any opinions about that? I found last years to be pretty annoying to use.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Does prebooking matches in TEW actually increase the hype? Or is it just a way for you to remember what matches to run on a PPV

Edit: Nevermind, I looked into it a bit more and it appears that it used to add to the heat, but it no longer does

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world
Let's Go Naga

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

triplexpac posted:

Does prebooking matches in TEW actually increase the hype? Or is it just a way for you to remember what matches to run on a PPV

Edit: Nevermind, I looked into it a bit more and it appears that it used to add to the heat, but it no longer does

Yeah, pre-13 it built up hype, helped ticket sales, and gave the match a boost. In 13 its purely a helpful tool for you. I think if you start using it it actually saves a ton of time when booking a show. If you pre-book half of your matches from the last show or on days between shows and pre-book a couple of angles when you think of them (bear in mind I tend to write my own angles for Major segments) then when you actually get to show day you can just plug all those in and just finish off your show. It can save a dramatic amount of time.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Naga Sucks

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Which TEW is the best one to get? Or is EWR still king?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

89 posted:

Which TEW is the best one to get? Or is EWR still king?

2005 is free, but personally it never hooked me. Since I got 2013 though, I can't go back to EWR.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Those stories about trying to get your game liscense back makes me never want to buy a TEW game unless they release it on Steam like they did 2010

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

When you buy and license a copy it creates a license .dll in your game folder. Back that up on the cloud somewhere, and put it in your game directory on reinstall, it should recognize it as legit. You don't actually need to have a license to install, just to play it, so it works out.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What's improved in 13 that makes it better than the 2010 version Steam has?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

It's been awhile since I've played 2010 because I wasn't able to get into it.
But the big thing for me is freeform angles. In 2010 they existed but I don't think they worked properly. Basically in 2010 angles existed as a rigid storyline. Every time you did a segment that worked in the step of the angle you were in, the angle would progress a step. Then once you went through the whole storyline, it would end. With absolutely no explanation of what you accomplished.

My explanation isn't the best, so here's an example.

The storyline: 2 dudes.

Step 1: Two dudes yell at each other. (If you book an angle with both workers present, progress to step 2).
Step 2: Two dudes meet in the ring. (If you book a match with both workers, progress to step 3).
Step 3: Two dudes meet in a tag match (If you book a tag match with both workers on opposite sides, progress to step 4).

etc...

In TEW 2013, any segment that involves 2 workers who arn't aligned with each other will progress the storyline. It makes it easy to game the system, but the system seems to expect a fair amount of gaming.
There were other differences, but I wasn't able to play more than a month of TEW 2010 in-game, wheras before my hard drive went kablooey my TEW 2013 game went for 2 1/2 years.

Also as previously mentioned, TEW 2010 expected you to pre-book matches, which sucked if you arn't a particularly organized person mentally. In 13, it only exists as a tool. A too I never, ever use.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Feb 21, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Is price the only reason the latest version isn't the best?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

More or less yeah.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Ryland games aren't flashy AAA epics that have to keep up with hardware expectations, but that doesn't mean they rest on their laurels. There are a lot of iterative design changes between versions that really add up.

If you're on the fence I'd probably just wait til June for the new version, take the plunge.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Yeah, just wait until the new release if you're not sure about which version you want.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

WWE 2K16 is up for pre-order on Steam ($45). So now we can all experience maybe the best WWE game in ages?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

WWE 2K16 is up for pre-order on Steam ($45). So now we can all experience maybe the best WWE game in ages?

I just hope it runs better than 2k15. You need a lot more than the minimum settings, like my laptop is totally decent (runs GTAV on near-max) and 2k15 is barely playable (and only with no crowd, and only in singles matches)

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Top row stats start pretty low for a lot of guys because it's the only way to allow for them to be signed to developmental. Their performance stats are really, really good, and should be able to carry them to the match ratings you need. I've got a TNA game that's gotten to around 2006 and Punk is not at all out of place as one of my top heels.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Ryland games aren't flashy AAA epics that have to keep up with hardware expectations, but that doesn't mean they rest on their laurels. There are a lot of iterative design changes between versions that really add up.

If you're on the fence I'd probably just wait til June for the new version, take the plunge.

Yeah. Its hard to say at this stage what the differences between 10 and 13 are because its 100 little differences and additions for the most part. I don't think 10 had Alliances, for example, and 16 has already been announced as improving on the 13 Alliance system.

So yeah, if you're getting ready to buy then you should probably wait for 16 in April (probably). You can download 2005 for free and get a little familiarity with the TEW game, but even then 13 is worlds different from 05 and 16 will be further away.

Basic Chunnel posted:

When you buy and license a copy it creates a license .dll in your game folder. Back that up on the cloud somewhere, and put it in your game directory on reinstall, it should recognize it as legit. You don't actually need to have a license to install, just to play it, so it works out.

Yeah, its actually not a big deal if you're aware of it. Stick a backup of the file wherever you should be backing up anything else you need in case your computer fries. The only time its really a problem is when that happens, when someone's computer dies on them and they need to go through the customer support to get it dealt with. Even then it always seems to get done, it just can be a pain. But its not a problem you ever really need to have if you just prepare.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Fat Lowtax posted:

I just hope it runs better than 2k15. You need a lot more than the minimum settings, like my laptop is totally decent (runs GTAV on near-max) and 2k15 is barely playable (and only with no crowd, and only in singles matches)

Badly optimized ports will always be incredibly fickle with regards to what hardware you're using. Even if you surpass the min requirements if it just doesn't like your CPU or your video card it'll run like poo poo.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hey so the hall of fame showcase is out can you use the guys in any mode and are there a lot of new moves and poo poo or no

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You can use everyone anywhere, yes. Not sure about how many new moves, but I'm pretty sure Madusa's german suplex is a new animation.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Kinda cool the Tokyo Dome is in the game now. Sort of.

And the community creations glitches out so much that it's impossible to rebuild my lost save. Sometimes I can download a CAW on the first try. Usually it's more like 15+ tries. I don't want to waste 20 minutes to download 3 CAWs.

PC release and wait for people to build super saves, isn't it? :(

89 fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Feb 24, 2016

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

so the new arenas in the game are Halloween Havoc 96, another Clash of the Champions, WWF Summerslam 91, Survivor Series 2001, and NJPW Tokyo Dome 1991....anything missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

There has been a lot of changes and fixes to broadcasters in TEW2016. That's pretty massive because it's always a pain in the rear end to hit cult and not be able to get on TV when you're not popular enough across the US which made growing in size pretty obnoxious.