Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

kizudarake posted:

Are any of the affinity or infect players 14 year old kids? If so, I think they play at my store.

No idea mate, just got that from twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Well, unless something radical happens at the GPs I will have to eat my words from around the Pro Tour. Eldrazi is likely to eat some level of banning on Shadows release because 50% of day 2 and a good chunk of the rest of day 2 is hoping to prey on Eldrazi(to middling success).

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Nah this will just be the new normal. In 2017 instead of making a new Modern Masters set they will just reissue BFZ and OGW.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

I don't know why everyone's complaining about format diversity. You can play Eye, Temple, and TKS in any color combination you want and be successful with it.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Are these guys watching e same games as me? They are wrong like 70% of the time.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The commentary is pretty dire.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Worship is almost 20 now. Time to unload them.

Oh and my adarkar wastes.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

Mr. Peepers posted:

I don't know why everyone's complaining about format diversity. You can play Eye, Temple, and TKS in any color combination you want and be successful with it.

I actually do think the amount of different eldrazi decks is interesting, though yeah they do all have the same core.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Oh and my adarkar wastes.

Good thing I bought my playset for KCI eggs last week.

gently caress #mtgfinance

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
god damnit i have an adarkar wastes in bad condition i wanted to get a better version of

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

You guys could just watch LSV triple queue the mocs instead

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Er, you're off by a factor of 2 but yeah I still agree.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

checkplease posted:

I actually do think the amount of different eldrazi decks is interesting, though yeah they do all have the same core.

When the core is fast mana ramping into board presence and card advantage, its not that interesting

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I will never sell my ice age duals. NEVER!!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I will sell my Eye of Ugins and Eldrazi Temples though, should I just get on with that or could they climb more before a ban.?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Errant Gin Monks posted:

This was one of my favorite cards when I first started playing but I unloaded most of them a while back because I could never find a use for them, happy to see it getting some love but bummed I don't have them anymore.

Also yeah what the hell mtgfinance.

BizarroAzrael posted:

I will sell my Eye of Ugins and Eldrazi Temples though, should I just get on with that or could they climb more before a ban.?

I'm not a card shark but at some point the narrative will flip from "this Eldrazi deck kicks rear end" to "this Eldrazi deck is too good and will eat a ban as soon as Wizards can make it", so sell before then. I'd err on doing so sooner rather than later TBH.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 21, 2016

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

C-Euro posted:

I'm not a card shark but at some point the narrative will flip from "this Eldrazi deck kicks rear end" to "this Eldrazi deck is too good and will eat a ban as soon as Wizards can make it", so sell before then. I'd err on doing so sooner rather than later TBH.

That point was somewhere around the top 8 of the PT.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I do find it amusing, in the midst of all the spikes for anti-stuff like Worship or Eldrazi support like Adarkar Wastes, Eye of Ugin itself has plummeted -$40 from its high, because everyone expects a ban.... but they're still snapping up other pieces at insane levels?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Elyv posted:

You guys could just watch LSV triple queue the mocs instead

Not seeing it. Did he decide not to stream it?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Everblight posted:

I do find it amusing, in the midst of all the spikes for anti-stuff like Worship or Eldrazi support like Adarkar Wastes, Eye of Ugin itself has plummeted -$40 from its high, because everyone expects a ban.... but they're still snapping up other pieces at insane levels?

The deck still potentially exists if Temple is around but I wouldn't be surprised to see both eat a ban.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Everblight posted:

It didn't drop from that high because its going to be banned. It dropped because once cards hit their peak, the market gets flooded with them by people who realize it is time to liquidate their small collections, so the supply jumps.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yep. I looked through my poo poo for Eye of Ugin and Temple when the PT happened, but nothing else.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I'm interested in picking up a pack to catch up with some friends. I'm more interested in buying a premade pack or bunch of cards rather than a starter pack. Ebay has a couple options, packs of 500 reject cards at a time, or people selling premade packs like this guy.

What's good? I'm leaning towards starting with a pack from this guy mostly because of the prices. Anyone spot something that's a good place to start, or at least isn't stupidly weak?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Heran Bago posted:

I'm interested in picking up a pack to catch up with some friends. I'm more interested in buying a premade pack or bunch of cards rather than a starter pack. Ebay has a couple options, packs of 500 reject cards at a time, or people selling premade packs like this guy.

What's good? I'm leaning towards starting with a pack from this guy mostly because of the prices. Anyone spot something that's a good place to start, or at least isn't stupidly weak?

Go to your local nerd store and buy a duel deck or a clash pack or something. Don't buy any of the things that you linked; they're scams. You spend $10 for $1 worth of cards.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Heran Bago posted:

Buy an intro pack, figure out what you like and then fill in the gaps buying singles.

Or go hogwild like me and Drop Fat Stacks On Fat Packs

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

odiv posted:

Not seeing it. Did he decide not to stream it?

0-2-drop.

He was also streaming with Wrapter and PVDDR, who went 0-1-drop and 0-2-drop.

Magic pros!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Merfolk player apparently does not realize that Hallowed Fountain is an island

edit: a merfolk player in the top 8, no less

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

AgentSythe posted:

My friend and I were using Evolving Wilds to make colorless mana until we found out it doesn't do that.

To be fair, we started playing last Fall and Evolving Wilds are wayyyy better when they make colorless.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

My friend and I were using Evolving Wilds to make colorless mana until we found out it doesn't do that.

To be fair, we started playing last Fall and Evolving Wilds are wayyyy better when they make colorless.

if you were doing that in a win-and-in to the top 8 of a reasonably large tournament in a non-rotating format then, well, well done

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

AgentSythe posted:

He did lose his island walk to a dismember, so maybe he was playing around that?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

AgentSythe posted:

if you were doing that in a win-and-in to the top 8 of a reasonably large tournament in a non-rotating format then, well, well done

No, but we take our kitchen table league very, very seriously.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

End of Life Guy posted:

He did lose his island walk to a dismember, so maybe he was playing around that?

he had a turn where the opponent was tapped out, and then played a second lord the next turn

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

SCG opens do not actually have very good player quality. There's a reason the same 4-5 people top 16 every one.

anglachel
May 28, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Get on with it, people aren't buying. I couldn't unload 3 Eye of Ugins for more than 25 bucks on Ebay, which should tell you that everybody (even the MTGFINANCE! types that usually make sure you get something close to TCG prices cause teh value!) expects a ban at this point.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Those judges are super interested in the oblivion sower.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Those judges are super interested in the oblivion sower.

That's what happens when you use duel deck or MM/MM2 foils that get super loving warped.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

AlternateNu posted:

That's what happens when you use duel deck or MM/MM2 foils that get super loving warped.

My sowers are the duel deck version because they were 20 bucks for a playset on eBay.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Wow Hoogland just royally hosed up by not redirecting the World Breaker trigger to the Spellskite. He's dead now.

Edit:

Maybe not.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

Buy an intro pack, figure out what you like and then fill in the gaps buying singles.

Or go hogwild like me and Drop Fat Stacks On Fat Packs

suicidesteve posted:

Go to your local nerd store and buy a duel deck or a clash pack or something. Don't buy any of the things that you linked; they're scams. You spend $10 for $1 worth of cards.
Thanks for the hot tips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Double Kozileks return for straight face ownage.

• Locked thread