Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

e: nvm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

CTRL + F
drat I laughed at this.

The thread suffers from your absence, AP. Please don't stray for too long. If not for the thread's sake, for the sake of future gaming historians, authors, and documentary filmmakers using these threads as core research... They wil appreciate it.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Dusty Lens posted:

When this is all said and done I want Money to give an unfiltered account of his life at CIG.

Hopefully he's already keeping a diary.

"9:00 am, clock in, morning pube inspection with Sandi. She said mine were the best and I got a gold star sticker. Great way to start the day!"

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Dusty Lens posted:

When this is all said and done I want Money to give an unfiltered account of his life at CIG.

My Life at Cloud Imperium Games, or how I got an easy job when some crazy wannabe actress got accused of being racist

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Madcosby posted:

you just know lesnick's will size stipulates he's buried in a spaceship shaped sized coffin

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Madcosby posted:

you just know lesnick's will stipulates he's buried in a spaceship shaped coffin

probably already paid for the jpegs of the ship

see you in the 'hearse

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

What's the plan for losing spaceships? If I buy an expensive spaceship and the game theoretically comes out, and then it gets stolen or destroyed, am I just out ~$1000 bucks?

New feature idea: every time evil goons destroy your ship, there's a pop-up saying "oh no! Your ship was destroyed! Pay $9.99 to restore it in your hangar?"

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

EminusSleepus fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 22, 2016

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Wookie Bouquet posted:

Can someone give a quick update on what we expect (realistically) to see out of CIG in 2016.

Also wow, redditors sure get mad fast.

not a joke answer:

A few more hangar-ready ships.
A few more flyable ships that are broken as hell.
Play as a female.
In-game weapons and clothing store.
"reputation system"
A few more abandoned space stations
Some MoCapped trailers for SQ42 that have bad dialogue

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Madcosby posted:

you just know lesnick's will stipulates he's buried in a spaceship shaped coffin

probably already paid for the jpegs of the ship

do cig have enough money to bury lesnick in space. apparently it costs $2200 per kilogram.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

He'll use an alt account and still moderate, he's just becoming too visible and as we know already from when he deleted his comment history, he's not only an idiot but a coward too.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

AP posted:

He'll use an alt account and still moderate, he's just becoming too visible and as we know already from when he deleted his comment history, he's not only an idiot but a coward too.

You know who else uses alt accounts? DEREK SMART. Coincidence? I don't think so.

We're on to you, Derek "Dolvack" Smart. Your cunning plan to bring down Star Citizen by being an insufferable oval office on Reddit won't succeed.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Wookie Bouquet posted:

Can someone give a quick update on what we expect (realistically) to see out of CIG in 2016.

Dreams

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Yeah, that :airquote:replacement:airquote: he found.

This guy is as transparent a lying oval office as his hero is.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Ponzi posted:

You're right. It's like she's doing it deliberately, putting the junk food right in front of Ben and subconsiously saying 'look, I can eat as much of this crap as I want and still not get as fat as you. Go on - have some. You'll fail at dieting anyway so you may as well not torture yourself by trying'.

I bet she wasn't even hungry. Total narssistic b*tch IMO

And someone should tell her to update her twitter picture because it looks like it was taken about 10-15 years ago (either that or it's been heavily photoshopped).

Hello new goon, welcome to our forums, thanks for your :10bux:

It will be noted that we are adults here, as compared to whatever sheltered huddled corner of the internet(probably /starcitizen/ or the RSI forums, lets be honest) and so you are fully allowed to swear freely. Try it, it's fun. Unless you're actually just Pat Sajak, at which point I'm prepared to solve, and while Sandi's life is a full batch of botches, she's the antithesis of butch, you betcha. And that leaves a naughty word OH MY!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

quote:

D_Smart posted:
Indeed. I just want to make games, man. If I had the money to do everything I wanted to do, that would be a different story. Which is why, over the years, I stick to making sure that features in my game are solid, that the gameplay is solid and that those who buy and play my games, know that sacrifices have to be made. That's why people who buy my games, buy my games. I tend to be quite clear in my goals and there is nothing democratic about my process. My design. My game. My decisions.

Taking this Starguard carrier for example. There is no game. On the planet. That has ever done that. And it's just one more location in a massive game. Even Star Citizen with all their tech (lol!), money and stellar engineers, can't get a single location running at any decent frame rate. Let alone a multi-deck carrier in which over 256 players can exist in, at any one time.

Anyway, we have to keep working on the tone mapping. It was pretty dark before. Some people complained. We revised it. Now I think it's a bit too bright; though it is a ship and needs to be well lit at all times.

ps: Give me $50M and I will have the best graphics - and gameplay - ever.

pps: That Starguard cost about $25K to build. And that's considered cheap. Just an FYI.
No I get it, and it's a good thing that you've maintained your scope of vision. I don't really care about how you say something, you wouldn't be you if you weren't bombastic, I just care about what you're saying. Perhaps a big part of the problem is that I simply haven't seen anything about your gameplay that sets it apart. Much of what you've shown, such as with the flight model, hasn't really struck me as terribly fun or engaging. But as you say it's your design and your game and clearly there's an audience there that you've captured. I wouldn't expect you to change your vision any more than you would expect me to change what appeals to me as a gamer. With respect to your financial scope I suspect that's another reason for the negativity. People look at how you are attacking Star Citizen and assume you're competing with it. Clearly, given your budget, that's not the case. I suspect your target market segment is closer to Angels Fall First?

The flight model is fine. I've got plenty of experience with that. e.g. I wrote this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EatDs9Q-WYM

That's not what I wanted in this game because the game is not billed as a "space combat sim". It never was.

However, since it's, you know, still in development, it is going through tweaks and revisions until it feels "right" for *this* game. Case in point: people who don't know a lick about game development, let alone flight dynamics, don't know that the view from the 3rd person camera, is just that, a "camera" view. You're not supposed to be flying around with it. That's why the aircraft pos is fixed. It was never designed to be "flown" from that perspective because the game only has two flight HUDs (3D cockpit or clean screen - from 1st person). Now people are flying from a 3rd person camera (note that the game cannot be played from 3rd person, even in infantry mode), I now have to decouple that so it looks correct.

Anyway, I don't know which "video" you've seen which brings you to that conclusion about the flight model. I haven't shown any of that. In fact, in that Starguard video, the only reason I launched, was to show how the carrier functions. That's why I wasn't flying around. So if you are talking about Shitizens making videos of something they don't understand, you're on your own. You should try it yourself because, gently caress those guys.

No, Angels Fall First is a totally different type of game.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

AP posted:

He already announced that he found a 'replacement' that'll be along any day now. This drama isn't even good. It's like watching Sandi eat cookies in front of a morbidly obese Ben. It's just loving weird and sad.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

drat I laughed at this.

The thread suffers from your absence, AP. Please don't stray for too long. If not for the thread's sake, for the sake of future gaming historians, authors, and documentary filmmakers using these threads as core research... They wil appreciate it.

There's not much happening, I don't mind the light content posts normally but too many and the thread suffers. I applaud you watching reverse the verse, my interest in doing that type of thing fades when they don't have some drama going on.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Stupid dance remix coming up?

ShredsYouSay posted:

do cig have enough money to bury lesnick in space. apparently it costs $2200 per kilogram.

Well, in that case, they can probably do it 2 or 3 times over.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 22, 2016

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Say what happened to your 2 weeks reveal?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Say what happened to your 2 weeks reveal?

2 weeks is a forums joke.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

They look much better with a reverse loop thrown into the mix:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

fuctifino posted:

They look much better with a reverse loop thrown into the mix:

perfect!!!

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Cuntpunch posted:

Hello new goon, welcome to our forums, thanks for your :10bux:

It will be noted that we are adults here, as compared to whatever sheltered huddled corner of the internet(probably /starcitizen/ or the RSI forums, lets be honest) and so you are fully allowed to swear freely. Try it, it's fun. Unless you're actually just Pat Sajak, at which point I'm prepared to solve, and while Sandi's life is a full batch of botches, she's the antithesis of butch, you betcha. And that leaves a naughty word OH MY!

bum

Oh I feel so naughty. Please don't tell my mum though.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Ponzi posted:

bum

Oh I feel so naughty. Please don't tell my mum though.

Fats Lesnick fucks your mother on the reg for a dollar. Welcome to Somethang Awful

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

He's so giffable.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

D_Smart posted:

No I get it, and it's a good thing that you've maintained your scope of vision. I don't really care about how you say something, you wouldn't be you if you weren't bombastic, I just care about what you're saying. Perhaps a big part of the problem is that I simply haven't seen anything about your gameplay that sets it apart. Much of what you've shown, such as with the flight model, hasn't really struck me as terribly fun or engaging. But as you say it's your design and your game and clearly there's an audience there that you've captured. I wouldn't expect you to change your vision any more than you would expect me to change what appeals to me as a gamer. With respect to your financial scope I suspect that's another reason for the negativity. People look at how you are attacking Star Citizen and assume you're competing with it. Clearly, given your budget, that's not the case. I suspect your target market segment is closer to Angels Fall First?

The flight model is fine. I've got plenty of experience with that. e.g. I wrote this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EatDs9Q-WYM

That's not what I wanted in this game because the game is not billed as a "space combat sim". It never was.

However, since it's, you know, still in development, it is going through tweaks and revisions until it feels "right" for *this* game. Case in point: people who don't know a lick about game development, let alone flight dynamics, don't know that the view from the 3rd person camera, is just that, a "camera" view. You're not supposed to be flying around with it. That's why the aircraft pos is fixed. It was never designed to be "flown" from that perspective because the game only has two flight HUDs (3D cockpit or clean screen - from 1st person). Now people are flying from a 3rd person camera (note that the game cannot be played from 3rd person, even in infantry mode), I now have to decouple that so it looks correct.

Anyway, I don't know which "video" you've seen which brings you to that conclusion about the flight model. I haven't shown any of that. In fact, in that Starguard video, the only reason I launched, was to show how the carrier functions. That's why I wasn't flying around. So if you are talking about Shitizens making videos of something they don't understand, you're on your own. You should try it yourself because, gently caress those guys.

You just played the "people who don't understand game development" card, just like Chris Roberts

The metamorphosis is complete

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Meanwhile, in Elite...

101 ships in the same instance.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Meanwhile, in Dreadnought:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIN3M3-Ynsw

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Prop Wash posted:

You just played the "people who don't understand game development" card, just like Chris Roberts

The metamorphosis is complete

To be fair, it's mostly the citizens that suggest that.

And Derek has his own vision. It may not be good, but it's a vision.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
gently caress those Ben gifs are sad

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

D_Smart posted:

Actually I meant the video you linked where you talked about some guy having tested all the aircraft. I replied that the flight model seemed odd and simplistic, to which you said it was working as intended as per your game.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

loving hacks, using a third person camera. That's not a flight model.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

fuctifino posted:

He's so giffable.

In two weeks Ben's knees are doing to implode on camera and he'll be rolling on the floor howling like he's in the stimpire

Should be a good gif

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Meanwhile, in Elite...

101 ships in the same instance.

croberts going to announce SC will have a limit of 102!

take that braben!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

fuctifino posted:

He's so giffable.

:downsbravo:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

croberts going to announce SC will have a limit of 102!

take that braben!

Still some ways to go…

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

G0RF posted:

Some random person apparently dropped off a few dozen glazed donuts with Sandi, who had already left the set. Yet her first reaction is to bring them right to the overweight folks doing a livestream, to presumably tempt them out of their weak resolves.

This is an appallingly dick move to pull on someone who's trying to go carb-free. The signature Krispy Kreme donut loving melts in your mouth into sugary goodness. God help them if they were fresh and still warm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:krakken:

• Locked thread