Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Speakers!

Stereo!

Marker lights!

Bench seat!

Heater!

A bed!

Switches (that do many things)!

Last weekend (reference)

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Feb 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
I replaced my PCV and oil sender units on the XJ. I poked around some more trying to find my goddamned coolant leak. The valve cover gasket is bad, so I plan on replacing that and cleaning the engine up (15 years of oil and poo poo plastered all over it) and that should make new leaks and such a lot easier to hunt down. I'll probably do that in a couple weekends.

Emushka
Jul 5, 2007
I didn't do nothing, but my card told me that there is too much engine oil.

Last oil change was little over a month ago...

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

I got this Jeep on 12/31.

It's an Overland High Altitude trim, which is basically an Overland with a ton of options thrown at it, monochrome appearance, and Summit bumpers & side skirts. Basically a mix of parts bin pieces. The only thing that I didn't like about it was the "trivalent chrome" (plastic) trim on the front and rear. Depending on the light, it can look black, silver, gold, bronze, copper, etc. I thought it would grow on me, but I ended up hating it more and more. Plus, the window trim is silver chrome, so the whole thing looks like a clusterfuck.

So I had the trivalent chrome bumper trim and window trim wrapped in matte dark grey, and had the foglight & taillight bezels wrapped in gloss black. I also had them wrap the whole grille in grey for the hell of it. I wasn't sure if I liked it right away, but I really dig it now, and it's different than the millions of other GC's I see on the road everyday.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Cool car but if I saw you on the road I would assume a jerk of some kind is driving it.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Cage posted:

Cool car but if I saw you on the road I would assume a jerk of some kind is driving it.

... why

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

DropShadow posted:

I got this Jeep on 12/31.

Looks great dude

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Had to free up some horsepowers in the kart today.

Before:

After:

Forgive the dark "after" picture, it got really cold and I had to shut the garage door.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Installed mudflaps on my truck. I couldn't bear to drill the sheet metal, so I did weather tek. I hate the look of flaps, but I hate the salt and snow on the running boards more.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Found the vacuum leak on my International, it was a missing cap that fell off in a spot I couldn't see normally. I also learned how the high and low temperature vacuum switches worked, nothing is hooked up to them now, nor really was anything ever since I've had it. While I was up there I checked out the temperature sender and cleaned up the contact.

Then I rewired the taillights since the old wiring was both bad, and had fallen on the exhaust and melted. The wires coming down the rail were the standard GYBW like you'd see for a trailer, but only one of those did the expected thing. Brown was the running lights, yellow was the reverse, white to right signal, green to left signal. Normally yellow is left, green is right, white is ground and brown is running lights. I left myself a set of four stubs so I could add a trailer wiring harness next time I get back there and crimped each wire off dead. I also added a tap to the reverse so I can add a brighter reverse light.

rowebot44
Feb 21, 2006
After taking my sweet time to put the motor back together after a rebuild it is now in the car.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The straight six community salutes you for sticking with that motor instead of throwing a V8 into it

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

What did I do to my ride today? Considered pushing it off a goddamn bridge. I took it to get aligned last week and the FR corner has way more camber (-3 degrees) than can be adjusted for so the tech said the strut was bent. I replaced it and the other front one today, and the loose tie rod end he also noted. I tried to change the other front tie rod end but it was being a motherfucker and I couldn't get it to spin off the inner rod, so I said "gently caress you" and put the wheels back on. Looked at the front right once it was on the ground and visually the camber is still there (this car has no camber adjustment, only toe) so something else is hosed. I'm going to drop it off at a frame/collision shop and see what they say, I'm too tired of loving with this car to never drive it.

Today I have realized that 90% of the time I no longer enjoy working on cars since I'm not modding them or doing fun things with them, I'm just replacing parts on the household fleet and it's nothing interesting. I can afford not to do this poo poo, I might have to start doing that instead. :( It always takes a toll on my body as well, poo poo is exhausting and the soreness that lasts for a few days isn't fun either.

Ries
Apr 14, 2003
Motorcycle
Bought some new wipers and installed them minutes before it started raining. No more random areas not being wiped away :toot:. Last week I had replaced the bushings on the front sway bar, I don't notice a difference at all.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Bought a turbo D16Y8 setup from some dude, came with a ton of parts. Probably won't slam it in until the summer.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Bought a turbo D16Y8 setup from some dude, came with a ton of parts. Probably won't slam it in until the summer.

That sounds fun.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Before leaving work Saturday afternoon, I get a no-crank condition that I traced back to one of the main power wires on the positive battery terminal being loose and had begun to arc. It hadn't been touched since I first installed the battery two years ago, and the whole thing was quite filthy with the typical acidic battery filth. Since I was already in there to change the oil, I went ahead and dismantled both of the battery terminals to clean them and the rest of the battery top.
I soaked everything with CRC battery cleaner and then scrubbed it all down with a wire brush and rinsed with distilled water in a spray bottle. I even removed the plastic vent caps on the battery and cleaned beneath them as well. There was plenty of hidden poo poo underneath, so I'm glad I did. I blew everything dry with computer duster and put both terminal ends back together onto the battery with new hardware and then gave each one a fresh coat of terminal sealer coating.

I also ended up having to remove the A/C compressor drive belt. The bearing in the compressor clutch is on the verge of locking up and refuses to stop making noise. Due to the cost of replacement, It'll be a little while before I'm able to.
For now; I'm just happy it's quiet again. :unsmith:

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Started assembly of the chumpcar I'm helping build.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

:frogout:

:getin:

Huge difference in sound noticeable even at the very low volumes I tried in the driveway (it's after 1am so...). New ones are Polk DXi651. They just baaaarely clear the window track.

Finally got around to replacing the broken/missing exterior trim piece on the drivers door too. It's been gone for probably a year? Just didn't want to fork over $35-40 for a new one.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Made up a label for my switches

Finished installing the outlet. Yes, it's not inline with the top box. Whoops.

Went thrift shopping and found this badass light in the misc section. Goes from red to white

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Ries posted:

Bought some new wipers and installed them minutes before it started raining. No more random areas not being wiped away :toot:. Last week I had replaced the bushings on the front sway bar, I don't notice a difference at all.

Same, on my Crown Vic, but I installed them the evening before it started raining during the night. also installed fresh, brighter headlight bulbs.

Geirskogul posted:

Went thrift shopping and found this badass light in the misc section. Goes from red to white

Looks like a cop car "ticket light". The one in my P71 looks similar, but is white only (1156 taillight bulb), but I've seen others, particularly newer LED ones, that do the red/white thing. Good for not killing your night vision.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Two NMO dual band antennas for my ham rig in the 540.

Measure eight times, drill once, 1/8" pilot -> 1/4" -> step bit. Easy as pie.

i'm never selling it so i don't give a poo poo about resale, the failed debadge arsed it up already and a properly installed antenna works so much better than mag mounts - and ends up loving up the paint less. #yolo see you on the air

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Plates came in for the F150 :woop:

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Woke The Hearse from her winter hibernation. Did an oil change, took 20 minutes opening every filter box at Pep Boys to find a 13" air filter (why can't they just write the loving dimensions on the box?), cleaned her off and took her out for a few hours. Feels good, yo.

lovely cell phone pictures ahoy!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

God I love foxbodies. And black cars. Super nice!

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

God I love foxbodies. And black cars. Super nice!

Much appreciated; thank you!

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum
Got under my new used ranger and drained the tranny fluid. Black isnt a good sign right? Also drained nice bright red tranny fluid from the 76 duster.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's a lot of stickers.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Rhyno posted:

That's a lot of flowers.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Swapping intake manifolds because I love love vacuum lines so much.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Drained the dex 3 I had filled my trans with, thinking it was dex 6. No metal on the magnet in the pan, so I changed the filter and filled it back up with the proper poo poo. Hopefully this is the last time I have to deal with this poo poo before I hit around 175k miles and am actually due for a new filter. At least its one more thing off my ever shrinking list of stuff to put my truck back into well maintained condition. All that is left is replacing 2 sensors that failed due to it sitting for so long, fixing the fuel evap issues (new valve and solenoid), fixing the low speed fan not kicking on problem (Either the coolant temp sensor acting fucky or my pcm has failed in some insanely selective way) and changing the fluid in the diff. I've got parts for half of it, its just having a day to work where I have time and it isn't near freezing at night when I get done running errands. Then its just cosmetic poo poo from there on out.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Goober Peas posted:

That's not enough flowers.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Tidied up my Ranger for a long drive tomorrow that ends with picking up a senior colleague at Montreal's airport. I dumped 2 quarts of 10W30 into the engine because that slow oil leak I had hasn't gone away and the clattering sound was annoying. And I got the free version of Torque talking to my truck via the second cheap-and-generic OBDII-Bluetooth dongle-thing, so I'll probably buy the full version pretty soon.

Even trivial things like what I did today makes me feel like a Responsible Adult. :)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Rhyno posted:

That's a lot of stickers.

It gives the people stuck behind him on a hill something to look at.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Whoa, you doubtin' my clutch action on a hill? I'll have you know that I can maintain at least 15mph up the steepest of grades, and I always pull out (:huh:) for passers.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Obligatory "what hills" in Phoenix.

Steepest one I can think of is 202W to I10W, via the HOV ramp.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
For real the steepest hill is those dangerous I17 onramps by the airport, like at 7th Avenue. Even in a real car, you've got 25 feet up a 12% grade directly into a travel lane that's usually full of semi trucks.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Shouldn't the curtains be facing the other way? Floral print on the inside, to make the interior look nicer; white to the outside to best reflect sunlight out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I still remember dad's name for the VW Kombi - "Solar, not Nuclear" due to the number of them with that sticker in the back window