Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Stux posted:

an unpopular opinion: soul sacrifice is extraordinarily dull and one of the worst MH games ive played. freedom wars and toukiden are both far far better

I thought the presentation was cool but yeah I never found Soul Sacrifice very fun to play

I play all these Vita MH clones then I eventually just go back to MH4 instead because it's still the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't think SS is a bad game, I do prefer both those other games to it though

I also don't consider it a MH style game at all.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i didn't like soul sacrifice at all

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Mithaldu posted:

Well, it has been known a long time that Stux is unable to tell fact and taste apart.

oh its not a fact its just me, i recognise that.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I did feel like the combat in SSD was really, really repetitive. None of the offerings felt much different from each other, unlike the weapons in Toukiden and Freedom Wars.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Really Pants posted:

I did feel like the combat in SSD was really, really repetitive. None of the offerings felt different to use at all.
There's one thing the game doesn't straight-up come out about, which is that you're supposed to combine offerings into powerful spells. For example the most simple one is elemental blanket + bomb plant. They combine into a turret spitting balls of the appropiate element. Some even require one of the player to die, but enable them to provide powerful healing for the others.

Stux posted:

oh its not a fact its just me, i recognise that.
Well, there's a world of difference between saying "it bored me" and "it's the worst". It would be helpful if you clarified what actually made you dislike it. Maybe it just wasn't cute enough for you?

Sakurazuka posted:

I also don't consider it a MH style game at all.
Which parts does it lack to be a MH game to you?

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Feb 21, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

nep nep has a cute smile

maybe it's worth trying this series out...maybe not

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Neptunia U is pretty cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YfN9JTG-YQ&t=524s

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

This looks kind of fun, except for the costume break mechanic.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

If you're good at it, you'll never really experience that mechanic, and there's a special costume for each character that removes costume destruction altogether.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Takoluka posted:

If you're good at it, you'll never really experience that mechanic, and there's a special costume for each character that removes costume destruction altogether.

Yeah, it looks like you can just avoid entirely by not taking too much damage.

The numbering for the Neptunia games is confusing. I know that Re;Birth 1-3 are remakes of Neptunia, Neptunia Mk.2 and Neptunia Victory, but why is the next game in the series Neptunia VII? :confused:

e; VV

Takoluka posted:

It's Victory 2, or V Roman Numeral 2.

It needs a hyphen, then, because right now it's Neptunia 7. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 21, 2016

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It's Victory 2, or V Roman Numeral 2.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It needs a hyphen, then, because right now it's Neptunia 7. :v:

Excuse me, Neptunia V - II would be Neptunia 3
:goonsay:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

So are any of the Neptunia games way better on pc or can I just play them all on my convienient, portable playstation vita games console?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Apparently all the titles might be supposed to be references to Gundam show titles?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

HGH posted:

Apparently all the titles might be supposed to be references to Gundam show titles?

Victory Gundam's a thing, but that's about it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Motto posted:

Victory Gundam's a thing, but that's about it.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/RX-178_Gundam_Mk-II :v:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

voltcatfish posted:

So are any of the Neptunia games way better on pc or can I just play them all on my convienient, portable playstation vita games console?

PC versions are higher resolution and run at 60FPS. Otherwise there's nothing really new or different, aside from the Good Old Games version of Neptunia Rebirth 1 having some Dengeki Playstation costumes that weren't even in the Vita/Steam release. I guess you also miss out on being able to use trainers to fix drops and avoid hours of grinding.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Yeah, it looks like you can just avoid entirely by not taking too much damage.

After a few battles as each character you earn a "hard" version of the costumes and then they never break. Also the swimsuit DLC never breaks.

E: I also think the Blanc VS Zombies (enhanced sequel with a disconnected story) does away with the mechanic altogether and the torn up costumes were DLC.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 21, 2016

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Stanos posted:

Is the crafting like tactics ogre bad where it's insanely tedious to make anything or just rare materials that are a pain to farm?

Rare materials plus the power and abilities of what you craft are random.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Mithaldu posted:

Well, there's a world of difference between saying "it bored me" and "it's the worst". It would be helpful if you clarified what actually made you dislike it. Maybe it just wasn't cute enough for you?

the combat was just dull i dunno how else to say it. playing it felt like a chore. thats all.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Okay finished my platinum on cold steel and I'm ready for the second game xseed tia.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

Okay finished my platinum on cold steel and I'm ready for the second game xseed tia.

Sorry, I think they're waiting on my platinum and this thousand battles trophy is taking goddamn forever.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Really Pants posted:

Sorry, I think they're waiting on my platinum and this thousand battles trophy is taking goddamn forever.

Floor 5 before the boss has a nice circle you can run around, and if you put the Megalith on Emma you can just sbreak every single fight.

Also the count in your notes counts like, battles you lost and ran from so you'll actually need to get that number over 1000 because the trophy is only wins.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 22, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Really Pants posted:

It's hilarious because it's the only trophy that is under 3% completion and which has the exact same completion as the platinum one, i.e. most people can attain every danged trophy except that one.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oh that's right, it's a thousand victories, not just a thousand battles. Even better!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Couldn't find any Killzone Mercenary matches tonight :saddowns:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Mr. Jive posted:

Couldn't find any Killzone Mercenary matches tonight :saddowns:
That's me with a lot of multiplayer games. I wanted to play Toukiden Kiwami online but couldn't find anything, hell, now I can't even find rooms for God Eater or Puyo Puyo Tetris. :(

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

an unpopular opinion: soul sacrifice is extraordinarily dull and one of the worst MH games ive played. freedom wars and toukiden are both far far better

The 1 major downside of SSD is a lack of a town hub and all.

That's about it, it does everything else better - from a popular opinion perspective.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
4 years of psvita here in EU. :toot:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So now the "X" button on my Vita makes a clicky sound and doesn't feel as "loose" as the other buttons.

Is there anyway I can fix this or am I stuck with it forever?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mine has always been like that

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

So now the "X" button on my Vita makes a clicky sound and doesn't feel as "loose" as the other buttons.

Is there anyway I can fix this or am I stuck with it forever?

If you feel brave and can get the parts, here's a guide on how to replace those: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PlayStation+Vita+Action+Button+Replacement/8026?revisionid=HEAD

Edit: Oh neat, you can order the buttons right there.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Feb 22, 2016

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Mine has always been like that
I mean it was fine until I ate an orange while playing my Vita. I then go the buttons sticky. The "X" button then began to stick to the side. I eventually cleaned it with a toothbrush and it has gotten better but now it still feels a bit off compared to the other buttons and makes a clicky sound if I press it three or four times.

Mithaldu posted:

If you feel brave and can get the parts, here's a guide on how to replace those: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PlayStation+Vita+Action+Button+Replacement/8026

If it ever starts getting stuck or something I'll venture in.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I mean I know you are poking fun at me but I don't understand the relevance of this picture.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

I'm not poking fun at you, i'm just amused that people write guides that include "bake your vita at 200F" and include a picture and don't even clean the oven.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pVPg8ZJ_2c

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think this site broke press embargo on something called PsychoPass getting localized by NISA?
EDIT: Oh it's a VN adaptation of an anime.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

The anime is pretty good. Happy to hear it's getting a VN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

HGH posted:

I think this site broke press embargo on something called PsychoPass getting localized by NISA?
EDIT: Oh it's a VN adaptation of an anime.

I can finally date Gino :aaa:

Actually I should look up reviews of it in the meantime.