Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It'll be like the Purge but you're only allowed to kill rich people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Skwirl posted:

My alternative is just killing everyone over a certain net worth and splitting up their stuff.

Why not both? (v)(;,,;)(v)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
And then I'll be everyone's new Queen! I love this idea.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

WickedHate posted:

And then I'll be everyone's new Queen! I love this idea.

No no, you're the Joan of arc. It will be very inspiring when Jeb Bush burns you at the stake, we'll all fight on in your memory.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm fine with that as long as people are praying in my name either way, but one of you is gonna have to do a lot of terrible poo poo to be my Gilles de Rais.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Note to self: Kill all these poors.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Lurdiak posted:

No no, you're the Joan of arc. It will be very inspiring when Jeb Bush burns you at the stake, we'll all fight on in your memory.

I would watch that sitcom, Jeb Bush and Joan of Arc.

Or I guess read that comic.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I actually have a comic concept that features Joan of Arc and H.P. Lovecraft traveling around and having adventures. And ol' HP was at least as racist as Jeb Bush.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Oh, see, I was thinking of kicked-puppy modern Jeb. A real odd couple scenario if there ever was one.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

END ME SCOOB posted:

Oh, see, I was thinking of kicked-puppy modern Jeb.

Jeb is a MESS. Jeb is a big fat MISTAKE.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Skwirl posted:

My alternative is just killing everyone over a certain net worth and splitting up their stuff.
No, then we end up killing the good ones who fund useful causes and invent cool poo poo too.

The solution is to kill all the Republicans, everyone stop pussy-footing around with this "what no we just gotta get all the rich old white people" nonsense and say it plain. It's not like it takes the NSA to crack that particular code, just admit it. You'll feel better.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Real talk: the other night I drunkenly theorized the only way his campaign could get sadder was if his mother died on the trail stumping for him. I'm glad they mercy killed the Jeb! Initiative before Barbara.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

END ME SCOOB posted:

Real talk: the other night I drunkenly theorized the only way his campaign could get sadder was if his mother died on the trail stumping for him. I'm glad they mercy killed the Jeb! Initiative before Barbara.

drat, that would have been really funny, though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

No, then we end up killing the good ones who fund useful causes and invent cool poo poo too.

The solution is to kill all the Republicans, everyone stop pussy-footing around with this "what no we just gotta get all the rich old white people" nonsense and say it plain. It's not like it takes the NSA to crack that particular code, just admit it. You'll feel better.

That's not enough. You murder all the Republicans, you're still left with a poo poo ton of liberals (in the classic definition of the word).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u52Oz-54VYw

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WickedHate posted:

drat, that would have been really funny, though.

2edgy4me

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

There isn't a smiley for a sarcastic jacking off motion(:fap: is too literal) so I'll just have to content myself with :rolleyes:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Haha, fair enough. It's all in good fun. :D

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Sorry, might have took that too seriously. We're cool.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, not at all. I don't really think about politics very much. It's gone quite far down my list of hobbies since I was in school.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Right? When I was in high school I was really into politics but I might as well have been slowly hammering my head into a brick wall every day. I actually met one of my partners because I was looking through political posts years ago and they were talking about how hot they found Obama.

Now I'm just like...the more I ignore that stuff the better. Except for the memes. Sadsack Jeb is hilarious.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I followed politics avidly when I was in school, but I think I've been burned out in the intervening six years or so by a combination of having irritatingly right-wing family and always ending up with equally obnoxious left-wing classmates in university. Soured me on the whole thing.

It's more complicated than that, of course, but talking about it upsets me.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I read Atlas Shrugged as a student and didn't like it immediately, officially making me canonically better than Peter Parker.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You don't like trains or somethin'?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

As someone who had Jeb as his governor and has Jeb's signature on his degree, the less I hear from Jeb, the better.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I actually have a comic concept that features Joan of Arc and H.P. Lovecraft traveling around and having adventures. And ol' HP was at least as racist as Jeb Bush.

Lovecraft's ridiculous racist ranting is one of my favourite gags from Atomic Robo. Just babbling incoherently about how savage and mindless the nuclear powered robot with a New York accent is.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

As someone who had Jeb as his governor and has Jeb's signature on his degree, the less I hear from Jeb, the better.

The man has the Sword of Chang and a gun made of unalloyed America; he's basically an early Image character.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WickedHate posted:

There isn't a smiley for a sarcastic jacking off motion(:fap: is too literal) so I'll just have to content myself with :rolleyes:

:jerkbag:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Well, gently caress! Bye everyone! :suicide:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I am getting really tired of millenials complaining about how bad millenials are and then getting really mad when informed that they are themselves millenials.

Wait so what's a millennial again? I thought it was someone born in the 2000s, am I off on that?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's anyone who "grew up" post 2000, so it pretty much goes back to the early 80s.

In fact it's generally considered to have ended around 2005 or so, there's only a fraction of millennials born in the new millennium.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 22, 2016

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What was the first contemporary album you bought with your own money, that's what generation you are.

Mine was Pearl Jam Ten.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

It's anyone who "grew up" post 2000, so it pretty much goes back to the early 80s.

Seriously? I thought it was people who were teenagers in the 00's. I mean poo poo, I was born in '79 so I barely avoided this obnoxious label?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Seriously? I thought it was people who were teenagers in the 00's. I mean poo poo, I was born in '79 so I barely avoided this obnoxious label?

Same, we're both technically Gen X.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The end of Gen X/start of Millenials is still fuzzy, but it's generally considered somewhere around 1980-83. Different groups have it ending anywhere from 1996-ongoing.

It'll be a bit more clear in another decade.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

As long as we have another decade. You never know what those darn millennials are going to do to the planet!

We're allowed to talk about ourselves that way. It's bad if you guys do though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I had a Prof in college who told me I was too young to be GenX. Stupid generational labels.

Aphrodite posted:

As long as we have another decade. You never know what those darn millennials are going to do to the planet!

I mean I don't want to get branded as a millennial but I give absolutely no fucks about the future of this planet as I have no children and won't be around to see it anyways.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Almost exactly like comics "Ages" (Golden, Silver, etc.), pinning that poo poo down to years isn't actually useful. The real tests are all about culture and influences.

If the Cold War was a huge influence on your childhood, and it was socially unacceptable for someone your age to live with their parents after finishing college—you're Gen-X.

e: Also, if your youthful impression of New York was Scorcese Scary, you're probably Gen-X. If it was Giuliani's cleaner, touristy city, you're almost certainly Millennial.

Squizzle fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 22, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Wait so what's a millennial again? I thought it was someone born in the 2000s, am I off on that?

The acedemic cutoff is 1981. Rhyno just barely escapes. Hence my annoyance at 21 year olds cussing out 17 year olds for being no-good millenials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Hi-five fellow '79-er!

Care to join me for Senior Dinner at 4pm?

redbackground fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 22, 2016

• Locked thread