Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Man Whore posted:

Is woolie the traitor going to be one of his new nicknames?

Betrayal is just advanced lying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

VolticSurge posted:

I just made a Pat character then fed him to a Berserker in protest of the XCOM LP. Doomed to mediocrity before it even started.

Edit: Before anyone jumps down my throat,I'm being sarcastic. About the first part at least. I do genuinely think the XCOM LP is :mediocre: But the other LP's going on right now are great. Want a competent XCOM LP that uses actual character pools? ChristopherOdd has you covered.

I like the XCom LP because it's supposed to be a trainwreck that will probably end in 5 episodes. :shrug:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

Betrayal is just advanced lying

Betrayal is full-contact lying.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Dias posted:

I like the XCom LP because it's supposed to be a trainwreck that will probably end in 5 episodes. :shrug:

Yeah,that's fair enough. I just wanted to see Zubaz Null Lance a Muton to death or see Rage Skullfuck (or whatever it's called) an ADVENT Mook,instead of "lovely Characters Thanks to Pat:The Movie". More disappointed than upset,really.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Shut up you guys Part 2 of Woolie the Traitor is up for free on Vessel.

HAHAH TOTAL WIPEOUT on mission 2 this LP is going to be alot shorter than I thought. wow they are BAD at this game. Also, this game seems much more Bullshit than Enemy Unknown.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Feb 22, 2016

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Shut up you guys Part 2 of Woolie the Traitor is up for free on Vessel.

HAHAH TOTAL WIPEOUT on mission 2 this LP is going to be alot shorter than I thought. wow they are BAD at this game. Also, this game seems much more Bullshit than Enemy Unknown.

They're playing it on the difficulty that was balanced to give experienced players a challenge. It is probably still harder than Enemy Unknown overall, but they shot any chance of actually winning in the face by choosing to play on Hard.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

What I'm learning is that if we're ever invaded by aliens, we can trust Woolie to sell us out and Pat to lead us to our deaths. Still not sure about Liam and Matt yet.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Every time I open a Naruto video and Naruto's dead loving fish eyes are on screen I think back to them mentioning how gorgeous the game is and how it's peak cel shading and begin laughing to myself.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Cel shading never looked good and I laugh when people say otherwise.

except for that noir ghost game they played that one time, it looked p good.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Man Whore posted:

Cel shading sure as hell holds up better than most of the flat, uninteresting, muddy, "realistic" styles games in the PS2 era went for.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Cel-shading is essentially future-proofing your art style.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man Whore posted:

You should check out the Wind Waker or hell even the most recent Naruto game because both are insanely gorgeous and I have no loving idea how they do some of the poo poo they do.

Watching this:

Turn into this:

In 3D just feels unreal and something I can't imagine being done in any other art style. Like that game uses stills from the anime which to me is hilarious as a lot of it looks better then the stills.

(The game has hilarious top tier faces too)

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Man Whore posted:

Just take a minute to look and see how loving wrong you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ADEpCKuIsc

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hoobajoo posted:

Just take a minute to look and see how loving wrong you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ADEpCKuIsc

as an addendum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMF65hoIzWM&t=21s

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

That looks p good but I feel its a lot more subtle with the cel shading enough to where I can only tell it cel shaded when its in motion whereas say borderlands has this really gross looking vinyl sheen over everything.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Only Japanese people make good looking cel shaded games p much, I mean they're more familiar with the style so of course they would, but these Ubisoft Naruto games are an okay attempt. The faces are mostly the problem because they look sterile as poo poo and the general character movement is bad too, but it's okay looking. That being said CC2 went from making one of the best looking anime games (ASB) and turned the reused assets into as loving gross mess in Eyes of Heaven.

Also Shattered Dimensions is probably the closest approximation I've seen to cel-shading in the west that looks super good.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Oh my god, this xcom episode. EVERYTHING WENT WRONG.

also Pat seems to make his decisions by mental coinflips because oh my god

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Rhonne posted:

What I'm learning is that if we're ever invaded by aliens, we can trust Woolie to sell us out and Pat to lead us to our deaths. Still not sure about Liam and Matt yet.

Liam would start up a Twitter campaign to try and halt the alien invasion.

Matt would just quote movies and shows and memes until he was turned into Soylent.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Matt, for one, welcomes our new alien overlords.

Liam's choice depends on whether the Advent supports or not the Vita. "So, your neural hivemind is cool and all, but can I get it on the Vita?"

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Baal posted:

Only Japanese people make good looking cel shaded games p much, I mean they're more familiar with the style so of course they would, but these Ubisoft Naruto games are an okay attempt. The faces are mostly the problem because they look sterile as poo poo and the general character movement is bad too, but it's okay looking. That being said CC2 went from making one of the best looking anime games (ASB) and turned the reused assets into as loving gross mess in Eyes of Heaven.

Also Shattered Dimensions is probably the closest approximation I've seen to cel-shading in the west that looks super good.

Though it's not technically cel shading I feel the Borderlands games do a pretty good job of nailing the style, though they also suffer from the character faces being dead husks.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Change your name to Muton to get a free robot legs. Put Advent on your tombstone for a lifetime supply of alien goo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Genocyber posted:

Though it's not technically cel shading I feel the Borderlands games do a pretty good job of nailing the style, though they also suffer from the character faces being dead husks.

Borderlands does an alright job with it, but yeah the face thing is more of an issue there than most things I feel

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Man Whore posted:

Is woolie the traitor going to be one of his new nicknames?

But that's Liam who's the traitor, Woolie's the liar

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Just like pies, Woolie steals nicknames. Are there no depths that he won't stoop to?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Traitor. The Liar.

What grim, derogatory title would Matt and Pat have?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Watching the Gravity Rush episode and Liam is lying through his teeth on like everything he says and it's driving me up a wall.

"You'll learn what x is if you play the game!" except you won't because the games story is trash and nothing gets answered. Literally nothing unless they added a lot more to the ps4 version.

"The combat feels really satisfying" and two seconds later woolie is literally flopping on the ground because the combat sucks and Liam's trying not to fully back down on that.

Like jeez Liam chill.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Captain Invictus posted:

The Traitor. The Liar.

Pat the Cheater is well established.

Dunno about Matt.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

The Traitor. The Liar.

You will recall Paedophile Pat

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Neo_Crimson posted:

Pat the Cheater is well established.

Dunno about Matt.

Matt the Dream Crusher. Remember that poor sad wrestler that thought he finally had one fan because of Matt?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Pick one word that suffices to describe a Dream Crusher and we've got our four horsemen of the gamepocalypse.

The Cheater. The Liar. The Traitor. The ???

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

XCOM video 3: Pat finally lucks his way into a win only for the AI to effectively go "you didn't win" and spend all of its actions killing civilians lmao

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Captain Invictus posted:

The Traitor. The Liar.

Pat Fuccboivin the Evertoilet

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kinda off topic but I finished season 1 of Stardust Crusaders. At first I was sad to see Hamon pretty much go away, but I've come around on Stands.

Also, Jospeh's engrish swearing/exclamations will never stop being great.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Oxyclean posted:

Kinda off topic but I finished season 1 of Stardust Crusaders. At first I was sad to see Hamon pretty much go away, but I've come around on Stands.

Also, Jospeh's engrish swearing/exclamations will never stop being great.

jojo is never offtopic. it's a shame we don't get any more of Jonathan's amazing combat-speeches or Sanlight Yello Obaduraibu after the 'fall of hamon', but they're replaced by getting to hear gravelly-voiced, old, japanese dudes say things like "Oingo Boingo", "Banilla Aiso" and "Haamit Parparu"; which I feel is well-worth it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Someone remind me which Paul Phoenix Tekken ending caused a drunken Matt to break into tears?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat is loving SCRAPING by in Xcom holy poo poo

It's also pretty funny how often Liam ends up telling Pat better things to do considering he's never played EU or Xcom 2.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I don't know anything about XCOM, but I'm loving how Pat gets hosed over and over again. He shoves a gun right into an alien's face and still misses. It's nice to see Carol Ray survive another mission.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Missing point blank shots is very XCOM and not really Pat's fault. Pat's fault is his massive overestimation of his own XCOM-skills and choosing hard difficultt.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Foxhound posted:

Missing point blank shots is very XCOM and not really Pat's fault. Pat's fault is his massive overestimation of his own XCOM-skills and choosing hard difficultt.

Pretty much. Xcom 2 is fairly difficult even on normal, especially for a new player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You should check out the Wind Waker or hell even the most recent Naruto game because both are insanely gorgeous and I have no loving idea how they do some of the poo poo they do.

Wind Waker HD is my pick for the prettiest game of all time. Holy poo poo it's all gorgeous.