Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Jaguars! posted:

Not even joking

Engines were partly paid for by smuggleing Sausage casings into Czechoslovakia.

Not even joking.

It's like somebody tried to make a Land Rover with a $100 budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

how many miles are on it?

About 104,000. It had an engine rebuild at 79,000 miles, but the major issue is something behind the dash has decided to become unplugged or loose, so at random times my entire center console stops working. I'm going to pull the console apart and re-attach the problem wire, and then figure out a way to make the EPA exhaust gas recirculation thing stop popping a code, and then sell the car and pocket a miserly 5,000 dollars. 5000 bucks will get me a beater like an old model Nissan D21 or something, that I can put 500,000 miles on and not give a gently caress.

My old man had a 1985 D21, and he seized the engine up somehow, probably due to it sitting unused for years in a barn. He put it in neutral and had a buddy tow it out to a flat field, and then had him get it up to about 15mph and threw it in gear, it broke the pistons loose and he was able to fire it up and drive it off, those fuckers really are indestructible.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 22, 2016

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
We're seriously not doing phrasing anymore?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

It's like somebody tried to make anything with a $100 budget.

Newzealand.txt

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

It's like somebody tried to make a Land Rover with a $100 budget.
Is that $100 in real money or funny money?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Naked Bear posted:

Is that $100 in real money or funny money?

dollerydoos

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I know gently caress all about pillows. If one isn't enough I just grab another. loving bulk bin Target special guy here.

The memory foam bed is amazing. Just sink right in and hardly move an inch. Too long in the same spot does form a divot but it's king size so I can turn that fucker any way I want.

After a king, there's no going back to a queen. It's just not right.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Tempur-Pedic Symphony, contender for best $100 I've ever spent. Weighs as much as a sack of bricks, not stupidly tall so I don't tweak my neck sleeping on my stomach with it, and doesn't take shaking it like a crying baby in order for my head to not fall through it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I've had the same mattress topper I bought 9 years ago when I was working at Target. It was like their mid-range store brand one. It's actually been really good.

My pillow is a Tempurpedic from when my parents bought a mattress and decided they didn't like the pillows that came with it. Thinking about maybe buying a shredded memory foam one.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

About 104,000. It had an engine rebuild at 79,000 miles, but the major issue is something behind the dash has decided to become unplugged or loose, so at random times my entire center console stops working. I'm going to pull the console apart and re-attach the problem wire, and then figure out a way to make the EPA exhaust gas recirculation thing stop popping a code, and then sell the car and pocket a miserly 5,000 dollars. 5000 bucks will get me a beater like an old model Nissan D21 or something, that I can put 500,000 miles on and not give a gently caress.

My old man had a 1985 D21, and he seized the engine up somehow, probably due to it sitting unused for years in a barn. He put it in neutral and had a buddy tow it out to a flat field, and then had him get it up to about 15mph and threw it in gear, it broke the pistons loose and he was able to fire it up and drive it off, those fuckers really are indestructible.

its pretty fuckin funny to me that the renesis basically needs you to redline it regularly to fight the carbon buildup their stupid rotary design facilitates, and that no one really bothers to tell rx8 owners until its too late

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

its pretty fuckin funny to me that the renesis basically needs you to redline it regularly to fight the carbon buildup their stupid rotary design facilitates, and that no one really bothers to tell rx8 owners until its too late

Nah I knew about the redline thing going into it, and had a great time beating the hell out of the rev limiter daily, it still needed a rebuild at 80k because it lost compression due to a lovely (faulty) oil injector clogging and oil-starving the engine, causing it to eat the seals for breakfast (then I started using pre-mix in every tank). The engine itself runs fine but the stupid EPA sensor thing in the exhaust is hosed up, probably because I'm using pre-mix, so :shrug:. I'll sell it to someone who doesn't give a poo poo about EPA regulations and be done with it.

Rotaries: Great idea, god-loving-awful execution.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Feb 22, 2016

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
yea, not having injectors in the middle of the apex seals was a pretty bad design oversite. whooopsie!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

jfc my wife and i were looking at trucks tonight online and prices have shot way the gently caress up from what i remember

$31k for a new v6 4x4 with a standard cab and bed

edit: that's with the standard am/fm radio. it might be worth it so you don't have to deal with the godawful ford sync system

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

yeah trucks are a ripoff

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
you dont need a loving pickup unless youre a construction contractor or similar. if you plan to haul some lumber every other year or so for some dumbass little project around the house, you can rent a loving truck for the day for like 20 bucks + gas and fees, or have home depot deliver it for you for a bit more

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

you dont need a loving pickup unless youre a construction contractor or similar. if you plan to haul some lumber every other year or so for some dumbass little project around the house, you can rent a loving truck for the day for like 20 bucks + gas and fees, or have home depot deliver it for you for a bit more

Maybe I have a truck to compensate for my small dick, ever think about that??

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i think about your small dick all the time bb

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

you give him too much credit

he's an innie

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Costco has some dope pillows for $15-20 a pair. There's a down and cotton option in that price range. My neck is finicky as gently caress for whatever reason. I've tried so many different latex, foam, and whatever variants. Even had a $60 latex one. But the costco ones are great. Plus I don't feel terrible if I have to toss one.

speaking of dicks

quote:

"The guidelines point to research, much of it done in sub-Saharan Africa, showing that circumcision reduces the transmission of STDs, including HIV and the human papillomavirus, which can cause cancer. The foreskin creates an ideal environment for bacterial and viral infections to thrive."

:can:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Those poor whiny Anteater Dicks whining about their parents violating their civil rights.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

never met a snipped dude that longs for his foreskin but i digress

"the 500,000,000 nerve endings!"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There's a subculture of idiots who seem to think their life failings are best blamed on mom and dad taking measures against dickcheese. Kind of like people who can't get laid joining childfree groups.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

My parents didn't have me trimmed when I was born, fat loving chance I'm letting any knives close to it now. Hygiene ain't hard. But I really don't get the near crusade levels of dedication either side has on the issue.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

-welp

surprised there's no backlash yet and all the unsnipped guys coming out of the woodwork

Dad chat: Good deal on this phillips wake up light alarm clock. I just bought one, just sharing

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761191

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I know gently caress all about pillows. If one isn't enough I just grab another. loving bulk bin Target special guy here.

Same, but I'm fed up with mine so I'm seriously thinking about that one linked earlier.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Lol if you have an anteater dick

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

:yikes:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

NO, PLEASE SHARE

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Does poop get stuck in it?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Arrath posted:

My parents didn't have me trimmed when I was born, fat loving chance I'm letting any knives close to it now. Hygiene ain't hard. But I really don't get the near crusade levels of dedication either side has on the issue.

I haven't really heard any crusade level of dedication coming from the cut side, more like "please stop yelling about how my dick is broken and mutilated you dumb nerd, thanks."

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

There's a lot of new age parents that are super against circumcision because ~consent~

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

There's a lot of new age parents that are super against circumcision because ~consent~
Bobby doesn't want to go to school so I'm letting him stay home and play with matches.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

Bobby doesn't want to go to school so I'm letting him stay home and play with matches.

HER, you shitlord.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
thon

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mad Dragon posted:

HER, you shitlord.
Thanks for mansplaining that to me gently caress-knuckles.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Stultus Maximus posted:

I haven't really heard any crusade level of dedication coming from the cut side, more like "please stop yelling about how my dick is broken and mutilated you dumb nerd, thanks."

On that note, the silent hill wikia admin's meltdown on the subject was one of the funniest things I've read in recent memory.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
In Slavicland helicopter parent must beeld own helicopter

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

yeah trucks are a ripoff

In the news lately they have been talking about how the low cost of gas and oil has caused an increase in truck and suv purchases. This has lead to huge profits for the car makers. Makes me think if something can be sold for a huge profit it is being sold for WAY more than it costs to make.

Fart Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Feb 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Arrath posted:

On that note, the silent hill wikia admin's meltdown on the subject was one of the funniest things I've read in recent memory.

Holy poo poo yes.

Also as the resident expert on dicks, I'll spare you the gruesome details but long story short, cut/uncut it doesn't really matter. Be happy with what you've got because I guarantee there's someone out there with with a weirder looking dick than the one you have :gonk:

• Locked thread