Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

Great White Hope posted:

It's not the exact same, because Ronda publicly called out arguably the greatest boxer of all time regardless of gender, and then got completely and utterly dominated by a boxer whose MMA career, while undefeated, was completely unimpressive, but if you're seriously going to pretend that people laughing really hard at a massively overhyped rear end in a top hat getting their rear end handed to them is a Ronda-exclusive thing, I have bad news for you.

Could I just ask that you read that the dude I responded to both times was downplaying the amount of vitriol she was absorbing at first and then switched to "it happens to everyone!" which had nothing to do with it? The fact that it happened to Lebron years ago doesn't make it exactly commonplace either. And, we can't pretend social media hasn't changed a great deal to the point that any time this happened prior to, say, 2010 was a whole different ballgame. Also doesn't it feel super weird to be on the side of "it happens all the time so her becoming a national punchline and wanting to kill herself is meaningless!"?

There those would have been my responses for like a whole page of this now I am going to go watch the Family Feud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
The poor guy entering the Sunny contest who had The Undertaker stolen from him by the very previous caller so he has to pick Phineas from the Ministry of Darkness. :allears:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"No more overwhelming trips to the grocery store."

Thank you Steven.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Electric Lady posted:

The poor guy entering the Sunny contest who had The Undertaker stolen from him by the very previous caller so he has to pick Phineas from the Ministry of Darkness. :allears:

Bryan: He was too specific so if it goes to him for the Hog Farmer gimmick he doesn't win :colbert:

Also Granny reporting on The Week in Wrestling is fantastic.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

As one of the five regular listeners to the pisscast, where's my pisscast

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I cant wait for the Bellator recap tonight

we've had drunk Mike Tyson on commentary, and now the freak show matches are coming up

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ayn rand hand job posted:

I cant wait for the Bellator recap tonight

we've had drunk Mike Tyson on commentary, and now the freak show matches are coming up

Check out Meltzer's twitter if you haven't, he's having almost as good a time as Mike Tyson was :3:

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Check out Meltzer's twitter if you haven't, he's having almost as good a time as Mike Tyson was :3:
I wish I knew how to post screencaps because he just said he's getting more tweets than at any time ever :)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/700904336138711041

:captainpop:

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Ahahahaha

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

It looks like he wiffed big time. Kimbos punches have that much power behind them!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

at what point did everyone on f4w decide that saying something "is the key" is their new favorite thing to say

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
so apparently Bryan was talking about ELITE on WOL? i don't know how that would even come up or what he could possibly have to say about it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Spermgod posted:

so apparently Bryan was talking about ELITE on WOL? i don't know how that would even come up or what he could possibly have to say about it.

He was talking to Dr. Lucha about CMLL and what the deal was with ELITE.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Also Kimbo/Dada will be the odds on favorite for worst match of the year and feud of the year in the newsletter awards.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
An embarrassment to the sport of MMA.

Oh my.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Listened to the Dave-Ronda clip, and he is right. My immediate thought was she shouldn't have said that on Ellen, because it just not something you say in public. There is such a thing as too much information, and that was it. Funny how none of you understood that and just babble on how Dave hates women and other nonsense. It is not something you talk about in public, as least so soon after the loss, for very obvious reasons. That all of you could not understand. Then to point out she is even more unstable, she wants Travis's babies.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

CortezFantastic posted:

Listened to the Dave-Ronda clip, and he is right. My immediate thought was she shouldn't have said that on Ellen, because it just not something you say in public. There is such a thing as too much information, and that was it. Funny how none of you understood that and just babble on how Dave hates women and other nonsense. It is not something you talk about in public, as least so soon after the loss, for very obvious reasons. That all of you could not understand. Then to point out she is even more unstable, she wants Travis's babies.

you sound like an rear end in a top hat

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Spermgod posted:

nah he's right, dave is cool

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

DannoMack posted:

This started because people were saying RR was being suicidal wrong. Then people wanted to act like the Internet wasn't jacking off in its own mouth about her getting taken down a peg. Now it's going to turn into RR has problematic opinions and Travis Browne is a dirtball, which are undeniable and make this topic dumb and boring now.

No, the problem is people are pretending that somehow this is some huge issue with society wanting to put a woman in her place, when in fact she was basically a loving insane draw who is still a HUGE star and is going to have an incredible career (likely focusing on Hollywood going forward) that would make nearly every male MMA fighter green with envy.

People rooting against her and being delighted when she failed is not some 'only because she's a woman' thing, it's what happens to every athlete ever who is successful.

I am absolutely sure their are some fans who hated her for being a 'strong woman' but I am also absolutely sure that it was a huge minority.

DannoMack posted:

Could I just ask that you read that the dude I responded to both times was downplaying the amount of vitriol she was absorbing at first and then switched to "it happens to everyone!" which had nothing to do with it? The fact that it happened to Lebron years ago doesn't make it exactly commonplace either. And, we can't pretend social media hasn't changed a great deal to the point that any time this happened prior to, say, 2010 was a whole different ballgame. Also doesn't it feel super weird to be on the side of "it happens all the time so her becoming a national punchline and wanting to kill herself is meaningless!"?

There those would have been my responses for like a whole page of this now I am going to go watch the Family Feud.

It is completely commonplace for every athlete. Do you think there aren't a lot of people who want to see McGregor or Floyd Mayweather Jr get destroyed? Lebron, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady. The very fact that I'm comparing her to these people shows how popular she really was and probably still is.

Look, we apparently have some idiotic filter in this very forum making fun of Brady! That's how much people wanted to see him fail.

Marquis de Pyro fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 20, 2016

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
gently caress Thomas Braydie

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Spermgod posted:

Comes out of me when people sperg out since they have to over analyze because they can't understand normal emotions.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

CortezFantastic posted:

Comes out of me when people sperg out since they have to over analyze because they can't understand normal emotions.

Some real irony here

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Chris James 2 posted:

1. I don't respect Ronda because she's dumb as gently caress. About trans people, about Sandy Hook, about domestic abuse ("this person sucks, this person doesn't because I'm dating him now"), about basically everything that isn't fighting, which would be much more respectable if she only ever talked about fighting and nothing else.

2. It was moved off of 200 because she's making four films and was never going to pull off shooting all of them, plus having a full camp, plus hype the fight with media appearances and press conferences

I agree with all of these things thank you for typing them so I didn't have to.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

There are people out there whose spouses and significant others actually have killed themselves.

When Ronda says what she said, those people think "I guess _______ didn't want to have my babies."

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

what the gently caress is this horseshit

is that kimbo slice?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Memento posted:

what the gently caress is this horseshit

is that kimbo slice?

Kimbo Slice vs DADA 5000.

DADA may or may not have had a heart attack and almost died

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Dawgfight has the worst post-movie Wikipedia entries for the people featured in it since Paris Is Burning

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Mob posted:

Dawgfight has the worst post-movie Wikipedia entries for the people featured in it since Paris Is Burning

But does it top Triumph Of The Will?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I Before E posted:

But does it top Triumph Of The Will?

Everyone's life post Triumph is pretty guessable. Nobody I know who saw Paris Is Burning knew about that one dude's huge literal skeleton in the closet

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
lol

https://twitter.com/traskbryant/status/701595365028397056

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Was about to point that out too

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

some mook calling into the law legitimately thinks only titus could win the vincent j mcmahon award

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Vertical Lime posted:

some mook calling into the law legitimately thinks only titus could win the vincent j mcmahon award

He is the World's Greatest Dad, just like Vincent J. McMahon.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Maybe Charlotte is just the new Edge, in terms of sloppy rear end wrestlers that Dave inexplicably loves.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Alain Post posted:

Maybe Charlotte is just the new Edge, in terms of sloppy rear end wrestlers that Dave inexplicably loves.

She has a ways to go to catch up to Makabe's "next level psychology" air punching.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

i do not understand why people talk about the award like it's a real thing and not a gimmick to get Vince/HHH heat

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/steveaustinBSR/status/701642366562664448

should be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait to hear Austin put over Becky and Sasha, compliment Jericho and AJ, scratch his head at the New Day segment, and lose his mind about Roman going over.

Seriously, it is going to be the best wrestling podcast of the week.

• Locked thread