Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Is it the same venue?

Yeah the ROMT.

http://www.royaloakmusictheatre.com/events/detail/306613

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Was not expecting a Solo Bolo shout out from Lin-Manuel himself.

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Well he is one of like five CBB listeners who's actually seen Hamilton.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Boston tickets were $47 with fees. I better get a drat timekeeper appearance

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Boston tickets were $47 with fees. I better get a drat timekeeper appearance

I expect the very same in Seattle!

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
I'm going to time out what percentage of this show is singing

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this was my favorite of the solo bolos.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Oh, for some reason I thought I read you were in New York and mad your tickets were expensive.

The answer is because you live in Detroit.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
That Posehn sketch that Scott mentioned sounds really familiar, was it made on something else?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Well I got MY Toronto tickets

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

The Berzerker posted:

Well I got MY Toronto tickets

Me too, and it took a loving half hour on hold

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I was honestly surprised by the relatively small amount of Hamilton songs. Ben doing half of My Shot at double speed was pretty impressive though.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"House of Piss" delighted me to no end. "I don't think that's going to be good for the show."

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Bennie Shwa, House of Piss (Ugh god, don't end like that!), 2016 Final Season! (No it's not!)

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Is that show any good?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
To confirm: the tickets are so expensive because Scott rents a 4 bedroom house everywhere he travels so he doesn't have to poo poo near his wife.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Work Friend Keven posted:

To confirm: the tickets are so expensive because Scott rents a 4 bedroom house everywhere he travels so he doesn't have to poo poo near his wife.

The idea of Kulap mockingly making GBS threads at Scott, waving, is beautiful.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

VagueRant posted:

Is that show any good?

No.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

lick it off my eye you cumfuck

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
As always, love the solo bolos. Just a bunch of fun and silliness and you can tell they're having a blast. Wish it had been longer!

That being said, they could crank down the singing by about 50%. It feels like they're doing it now just because it's expected, whereas before it felt way more spontaneous.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

That being said, they could crank down the singing by about 50%. It feels like they're doing it now just because it's expected, whereas before it felt way more spontaneous.
scott just muted you.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I listened to the solo trolo at the gym, I think I might be Ben Schwartz's dad?

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU1U1Yy-1C0

Listen to this and cry a bunch today I guess. :(

cams
Mar 28, 2003

why, what happened? is harris ok?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

cams posted:

why, what happened? is harris ok?

Er. Ahem. We have some bad news for you.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
Wow the beat boxing was pretty seamless.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

detectivemonkey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU1U1Yy-1C0

Listen to this and cry a bunch today I guess. :(

The ending of this always makes me cry, gently caress man.

Shnooks posted:

Wow the beat boxing was pretty seamless.

I really enjoyed that part, it went from silly show tunes to legit music for a bit, I was really impressed.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Hitler's up here, for the vegetarianism thing...
Where did that clip come from, it rules.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Mr. Squishy posted:

Hitler's up here, for the vegetarianism thing...
Where did that clip come from, it rules.

Earwolf had a voicemail service and gave the number out to comics. Every day the messages left on it got uploaded to a podcast feed called Eardrop. For a while there was interesting stuff, but eventually it was just Doug Benson plugging his shows.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

whenever i listen to that tribute, it legit makes me very happy to have harris around as long as he was because he really made me laugh more than any other human being did

then i get to the call from heaven part at the end and become a giant baby

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

cams posted:

whenever i listen to that tribute, it legit makes me very happy to have harris around as long as he was because he really made me laugh more than any other human being did

then i get to the call from heaven part at the end and become a giant baby

A thing that will never not make me tear up is thinking of the part in Aziz Ansari's tumblr goodbye thing about how he responded to an email to everyone at NBC about sexual harassment training by hitting "reply all" and asking if the bagels will be shaped like pussy holes.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

detectivemonkey posted:

A thing that will never not make me tear up is thinking of the part in Aziz Ansari's tumblr goodbye thing about how he responded to an email to everyone at NBC about sexual harassment training by hitting "reply all" and asking if the bagels will be shaped like pussy holes.

I wish Aziz would release that script he posted excerpts from if it's not going to be made. I have probably read that little snippet about the two guys pitching "Shidderz" underwear a dozen times and it still makes me chuckle.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

The Ape of Naples posted:

Careful now, she's back on the market. Though my friend had a theory based on her 'You Made it Weird' ep and thinks she might be a lesbian.

I know this is from many days ago, but speak on that. I don't listen to You Made it Weird and I'm curious what a 3 hour talk with Pete Holmes would do to make someone theorize she's a lesbian.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Beeez posted:

I know this is from many days ago, but speak on that. I don't listen to You Made it Weird and I'm curious what a 3 hour talk with Pete Holmes would do to make someone theorize she's a lesbian.

It wasn't anything that she came to during the interview, but the very end of the interview she mentioned that she had a huge personal revelation that completely changed her life but declined to mention exactly what it was. "accepted some part of myself" "accepting thoughts that might gently caress my life up but actually end up making it better" "emotional realization", etc. I think it was 100% about realizing she needed to divorce her husband but a lot of the language would also lead one to assume she had a sexual awakening as well.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GobiasIndustries posted:

It wasn't anything that she came to during the interview, but the very end of the interview she mentioned that she had a huge personal revelation that completely changed her life but declined to mention exactly what it was. "accepted some part of myself" "accepting thoughts that might gently caress my life up but actually end up making it better" "emotional realization", etc. I think it was 100% about realizing she needed to divorce her husband but a lot of the language would also lead one to assume she had a sexual awakening as well.

To be fair it was just a theory that a friend pulled out of the air. This was before her divorce came out. There wasn't really anything that was said that would point to her being a lesbian. She just kept it so vague on YMiW that anyone could assume anything so it's just one thought my friend had. I personally didn't hear anything that pointed to it. It was just spitballing.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
Why isn't there a YMIW thread? I listen to it more than CBB these days but don't really have any desire to make it myself.. I'd love to see and post all up inside of one tho, hint wink nudge

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I loved YMIW for a while, but Pete went way too far in the new age direction for me. Once the show became about kale smoothies and meditation and really started pushing the religious talk more I was out. It's a shame, because I love him comedically.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

I loved YMIW for a while, but Pete went way too far in the new age direction for me. Once the show became about kale smoothies and meditation and really started pushing the religious talk more I was out. It's a shame, because I love him comedically.

It was like listening to someone being slowly eaten alive by LA fads and I had to bail. I think seeing the episode with Deepak Chopra on my feed was the end of it for me.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You have to listen to Pete Holmes ending a marriage though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
Eh, as an avid listener of YMIW still - it's still primarily a comedy nerds talking about nerdy comedy podcast. I get that the new agey stuff may be too much for some people but Pete's such a goddamn affable dude and I think it's probably 90/10 comedy/wheatgrass