Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Fatkraken posted:

Wow, I know this is a few pages back, but what an incredibly lovely thing to do. Weight gain at the rate/level that Mr and Mrs Ben have undergone in the past couple years is basically indicative of a really hosed up relationship with food, possibly to the point of it being reasonable to consider it an eating disorder. Chowing down on Tim Tams and dumping huge boxes of donuts in front of people desperately trying to overcome that kind of obstacle is at best horrifically inconsiderate, at worst deliberate sabotage, and the fact it's their boss means they can't even take her to task like you could a friend or family member.

In the video someone poasted a few pages back Ben tries to tell off the Lich Queen in a jokey manner, no doubt because he knows Mrs Lesnick is suffering too. Then everyone tries to change the subject. But because Sandi is a massive bitch she starts talking about all you can eat buffets.

She really is the worst.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tank Boy Ken posted:

I think LoD:Tactics (PC and mobile) is a better comparison against normal games. I took a look at the Demo because I was curious about his work. Seems to be a pretty neat game. Surely a more limited scope then LoD. Just as you expect from a indie dev. It's also free on some mobile plattforms iirc. With some add-ons available for < :10bux:.

And we released it on Xbox One this past December; with a PS4 version on the way. I am considering doing a sequel or more missions in the form of DLC http://lodmmo.com/tactics/

It started out as just a companion app for the MMO game; which is why it uses all the game's assets, is based on the same world etc.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.
Well, I guess nothing of interest has happened, since were back to discussing Ben's weight....yay.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tippis posted:

You can't have space-Rome without space-Vandals, now can you? I'm amazed they're not called Wizzygiths.

Maybe that will be one of the other alien races that need a separate language.

Oh, and speaking of aliens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KZsrDGLUJQ

I bet when croberts goes to a restaurant you can always find what he's eating in front of another person in his field of view.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

:laffo:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Well, I guess nothing of interest has happened, since were back to discussing Ben's weight....yay.

It's easier to skip multiple pages of the nightshift shitposts now.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Is this really how reddit works? You make one little post and get banned?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
[QUESTION] Can we get a "10 for Sandy Gardiner" ?

I´m pretty curious about the future marketing for Star Citizen so I thought others might be as well? We are a 100mil+$ with over a million citizens....how do we go from here? Whats the future with Saitek going to be? Gamescom Tickets? All those questions are pretty much all Sandy´s departement i would guess so wouldnt it be cool to use a "10 for the.....(president?(maybe))" for it? What is chats opinion on it? Would you like to see it? Where should we go with the project? What are your questions you would like to be answered by Sandy Gardiner towards the marketing for Star Citizen?

and please.....don´t rip each others opinions apart...stay nice

Gagarin says

You just know though, that people would spam the question-box with Something-Awful stuff.

I'd be up for it. Though even ignoring trolls -- I have a feeling that almost all of the questions might be weighted a certain way. Like asking about "why did you guys do this" or "why haven't you hired a proof-reader for the brochures / website" or whatever.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319345/question-can-we-get-a-10-for-sandy-gardiner

rack um.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Wookie Bouquet posted:

So apparently making reasonable suggestions on /r/starcitizen is met with vitriol when you identify as a goon.

I mean not like this is a news flash or anything, but sometimes you have to test things out yourself!

But... you're a goon?

Why would you want to make Star Citizen better?

(We both know why, but reddit is pretty dumb atm)
I'm talking about the bank machine :ssh:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Lime Tonics posted:

[QUESTION] Can we get a "10 for Sandy Gardiner" ?

I´m pretty curious about the future marketing for Star Citizen so I thought others might be as well? We are a 100mil+$ with over a million citizens....how do we go from here? Whats the future with Saitek going to be? Gamescom Tickets? All those questions are pretty much all Sandy´s departement i would guess so wouldnt it be cool to use a "10 for the.....(president?(maybe))" for it? What is chats opinion on it? Would you like to see it? Where should we go with the project? What are your questions you would like to be answered by Sandy Gardiner towards the marketing for Star Citizen?

and please.....don´t rip each others opinions apart...stay nice

Gagarin says

You just know though, that people would spam the question-box with Something-Awful stuff.

I'd be up for it. Though even ignoring trolls -- I have a feeling that almost all of the questions might be weighted a certain way. Like asking about "why did you guys do this" or "why haven't you hired a proof-reader for the brochures / website" or whatever.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319345/question-can-we-get-a-10-for-sandy-gardiner

rack um.

I'm legitimately curious how they plan to market SQ42 to those who have never heard or, or simply have no interest in, the Star Citizen game itself. Will they market it primarily as a PC game, will they attempt to lure a console demographic? If they plan to heavily market to consoles, how will they avoid compromising on fidelity when the assets used in SQ42 are also being used to define the PC online experience?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Stop being so loving whiny and dig up dirt to talk about.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Maybe dig for a grave, perhaps!

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
Wait a minute. There are already associations for a game that does not even really support them?

http://starcitizenaces.org/

They have a loving web page and describe themselves as capitalists, explorers and soldiers. As in all the things that are likely to be the game.
What do they do right now with those kinds of standards. There is nothing to do in the game expect flying and shooting.

And then there is a page where their ships are listed and how much money they have "pledged". How much up their own asses can some people be?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Maybe dig for a grave, perhaps!

Finally, a proper use for a bulldozer.

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015

Rubberduke posted:

Wait a minute. There are already associations for a game that does not even really support them?

They have a loving web page and describe themselves as capitalists, explorers and soldiers. As in all the things that are likely to be the game.
What do they do right now with those kinds of standards. There is nothing to do in the game expect flying and shooting.

And then there is a page where their ships are listed and how much money they have "pledged". How much up their own asses can some people be?

400 members

Pledged: $202,840

That's an average of 500 bucks each. Makes you think.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Rubberduke posted:

All the way up.

It amazes me how often I've heard, or read, the phrase "CR said..." as if that means anything. They really do take him at his word, and for the life of me I can't figure out how he earned that level of credibility - particularly with his history in the business. Any other game company, if the developer says X the people will say "Well the developer said X, we'll have to wait and see." With Chris, it's "CHRIS SAID X SO IT'S HAPPENING!!!" I'm completely flabbergasted.

Even if you take him at his word, then you have to consider the "how". Chris said procedurally generated Crysis planets with dynamic wildlife. First of all, ANYONE can say that. Chris Roberts isn't some kind of visionary because he said something. Forgetting all that, and taking his word at face value, the next question is how are you going to do that? Considering the condition the game is in today, and that the very few visible planets are just textures, how are you going to create these lush, landable planets? What tech will you use? And don't point to a staged trailer. Show me in-game footage.

And whatever happened to that supposedly in-game footage of people finding the derelict spacecraft, turning on gravity and life support, and flying it back to the station? That was cool as gently caress, even if staged. Why does the PTU still have nothing even approaching it? These people need to ditch the emotional buy-in and start watching this project with a critical eye, no matter what CR says.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 22, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Thanks for linking that Weight Loss thread. I've decided to jump in and get some group mockery motivation to keep me going.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

I'm just lurking but that guy needs medical help, like a doctor supervised diet. Hes going to be in the ground within 10 years otherwise ...

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Feb 22, 2016

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/471bjk/moderator_update/

quote:

Hey everyone,
/u/Dolvak has decided to step down as moderator. He will be replaced by /u/Jumbify – our CSS expert and possibly the only person who has done more for this subreddit than Dolvak.
Okay, who has the drama on this one? I skipped a few pages so I may have missed it.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Illegal Move posted:

I really love how there's a group of redditors who seem to think that this drama isn't about Star Citizen being bad - they think it's about Star Citizen vs Line of Defense.

"Star Citizen backers should be regretting their decisions at this point"
"Oh yeah? Well, here are some reasons why LoD is even worse!"

I think LoD looks terrible too (sorry Derek), how the gently caress is that an argument in favor of spending money on Star Citizen?

Dunno. I played yesterday. Perhaps it would be easier to decide if, you know, there had been anyone else there. Although I should ask if Derek has a bug tracker. I ran into one bit of weirdity while playing.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I'm going to hell.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

kuarduck posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/471bjk/moderator_update/

Okay, who has the drama on this one? I skipped a few pages so I may have missed it.

We're conspiring to hijack that subreddit as part of our grand scheme to ruin the BDSSE. Running out the INN neckbeard was phase one.

Please don't tell anyone on reddit.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Berious posted:

We're conspiring to hijack that subreddit as part of our grand scheme to ruin the BDSSE. Running out the INN neckbeard was phase one.

Please don't tell anyone on reddit.

Guess I better go read the private thread. :commissar:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Scruffpuff posted:

And whatever happened to that supposedly in-game footage of people finding the derelict spacecraft, turning on gravity and life support, and flying it back to the station? That was cool as gently caress, even if staged. Why does the PTU still have nothing even approaching it? These people need to ditch the emotional buy-in and start watching this project with a critical eye, no matter what CR says.

My serious answer...It was probably done by a bored group of artists that have no daily direction and went off on their own to develop assets and improve their skills using costly tools not obtainable to most folks. In other words, they had their developer sandbox and cranked out good stuff.

Problem is it might not fit in the narrative or vision, or more importantly, can't be merged into the bastardization of code.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Krakenwagen posted:

400 members

Pledged: $202,840

That's an average of 500 bucks each. Makes you think.

They're capitalists y'know :downs:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Thanks for linking that Weight Loss thread. I've decided to jump in and get some group mockery motivation to keep me going.

holy crap, 6 foot 9!

also welcome

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Stop your midnight raid on the squigz pen :colbert:

Good luck giant person.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Happy Sisyphus posted:

did you guys ever realize that 'vanduul' is a lot like 'vandal'

chris robert brilliant rome parallels keep blowing my mind!

We are the Visigoons.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

Stop your midnight raid on the squigz pen :colbert:

Good luck giant person.

IF GORK DIDN'T WANT ME TA EAT DA SQUIGZ DEN E' WOULDN'T 'AVE MADE 'EM SO ZOGGIN TASTY!

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Fatkraken posted:

holy crap, 6 foot 9!

also welcome

Yet another person I can never beat in a street fight. :(

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

How does he read what he wrote and not realize that Reddit's system just amplifies the echo chamber effect?

Also shitposting, or at least good shitposting like Eonwe does, is a reminder that this stuff really isn't that important, so relax.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

ZenMaster posted:

Makes it more fun picturing the result if any citizens ever threaten violence against him though

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Scruffpuff posted:

Would this be similar to those totally backwards countries that give the same weight to a political vote, whether you're an intelligent, well-educated person who has done months of research, or you're an illiterate backwoods yokel who likes that his candidate's slogan had a cute rhyme in it? Wow, I'd hate to live somewhere like that - what a terrible idea.

I like the subtext that they have the intelligence and authority to accurately judge between a "shitpost", and a "meaningful" post, when in fact that's just as much of an opinion as the post they're assigning a rating to.

People give a lot of lip service to the idea of democracy, but I've found that in the real world very, very few people actually value it. It says something when a comedy forum is derided for having the audacity to allow everyone an equal voice.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

ZenMaster posted:

Go for the balls.
This applies for every life-situation.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lol, so predictable

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

IF GORK DIDN'T WANT ME TA EAT DA SQUIGZ DEN E' WOULDN'T 'AVE MADE 'EM SO ZOGGIN TASTY!

I KNOWS DEY'Z TASTY, BUT, YOU WANNA MAKE US SEND YOU TO DA PAINBOYZ TA GET YA SHAVED DOWN?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
next up i will convince redditors that deleting the entire sub is the only way to beat the goons at their own game, also that its good to snort bath salts.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Good luck, Bill Barnwell (Grantland, ESPN) wrote a really good article about losing weight if you need motivation.

https://medium.com/@billbarnwell/the-easiest-way-to-lose-125-pounds-is-to-gain-175-pounds-b4fca27ffcc5#.ii9asxdx0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Lol, poo poo, wouldn't want to let individual readers judge for themselves which posts are good and which are bad - better censor everything that's unpopular so people reading the thread don't get to see it!

My my, giving everyone an equal voice. What madness.

• Locked thread