Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Taint Reaper posted:

Why even get a car when the Universe allows giant mechanical alligators and machine hell bats to exist?

It's a lot tougher to get your mechanical gator's license and you have to have a medical review every five years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet but it looks like the Takara versions of certain Titans Returns figures will have a more cartoon accurate headsculpt:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
If anything I prefer the Hasbro ones.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I'm curious if we'll be getting Highbrow during this run as well. We're getting the other Autobot Headmasters with Brainstorm, Chrome Dome, Hardhead and Fort Max so it just makes me wonder.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Good Listener posted:

I'm curious if we'll be getting Highbrow during this run as well. We're getting the other Autobot Headmasters with Brainstorm, Chrome Dome, Hardhead and Fort Max so it just makes me wonder.

We are

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I still haven't been able to find Onslaught anywhere, but I did pick up Swindle. Other than his face sculpt (get this bot a smirk, stat! Animated Swindle is still the best head he's ever had), he's pretty awesome. Chunky and solid in both modes, with ankle tilts to boot! I will have to pick up the others now. Dammit.

And I know I keep saying this, but I really need to start reading the comics. Every one that I get with a figure is incomprehensible. Starscream is a good guy now? Maybe kinda?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Oh well hey. Mystery solved.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I still haven't been able to find Onslaught anywhere, but I did pick up Swindle. Other than his face sculpt (get this bot a smirk, stat! Animated Swindle is still the best head he's ever had), he's pretty awesome. Chunky and solid in both modes, with ankle tilts to boot! I will have to pick up the others now. Dammit.

And I know I keep saying this, but I really need to start reading the comics. Every one that I get with a figure is incomprehensible. Starscream is a good guy now? Maybe kinda?

Swindle is so good I almost want a second one just to have stand around and not be a leg.

Also:

I got linked this in this thread a couple years ago and that's how I got started reading them. There might be a better updated one now but a lot of the issues are in the big volumes now which is helpful.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
MP Ironhide arrived! He is lovely! And his transformation sequence is just nice and straightforward and feels wonderfully repeatable as opposed to a nightmarish pain in the rear end like more than a few have felt of late. And good grief, that red. Sideswipe and Prime look positively anaemic next to him.

Initial feeling is he's the best Autobot since Prowl/Bluestreak, he just feels so right.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Good Listener posted:

Oh well hey. Mystery solved..

It was in the Spoilers thread on TFW2005 along with everything else that was later shown at the conventions.

Highbrow had computer listings that showed up around the same time as wheelie's computer listings IIRC, which was months before the figure was shown.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Good Listener posted:

Also:

I got linked this in this thread a couple years ago and that's how I got started reading them. There might be a better updated one now but a lot of the issues are in the big volumes now which is helpful.

Every so often the Humble Bundle does an IDW bundle and you can get a LOT of Transformers comics for $15 USD. I got everything up to Dark Cybertron electronically, which was only a
couple months behind at the time.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I picked up the first 50 issues of both on the Humble Bundle Sale for like $20, that was an amazing deal, and worth it. If you're not sure where to start just grab MTMTE vol 1, as it's pretty well self contained until Dark Cybertron.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I cobbled together a Bruticus using Alpha Bravo & Slingshot (I only have Swindle/Vortex so far), and Onslaughts legs really don't like standing him up. Is this a Futurey polish fix, or did I just get a fairly shoddy one? I really like Onslaught otherwise.

But not as much as Sky Lynx, that figure rules despite his hollow-arse underside.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Goldskull posted:

I cobbled together a Bruticus using Alpha Bravo & Slingshot (I only have Swindle/Vortex so far), and Onslaughts legs really don't like standing him up. Is this a Futurey polish fix, or did I just get a fairly shoddy one? I really like Onslaught otherwise.

But not as much as Sky Lynx, that figure rules despite his hollow-arse underside.

Dollars to donuts you've got the knees wrong. Look up Vangelus's review of Hot Spot.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lepecard posted:

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet but it looks like the Takara versions of certain Titans Returns figures will have a more cartoon accurate headsculpt:

Watch those heads become extra titan master figures.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Goldskull posted:

Is it Onslaught, or Bruticus? I've noticed my Bruticus tends to lean forward or back close to the tipping point. Which with his arms being tilted slightly in when they're down makes him look like he just got rejected at Prom.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Good Listener posted:

Oh well hey. Mystery solved.

Swindle is so good I almost want a second one just to have stand around and not be a leg.

Also:

This is the most up-to-date one I've seen. Oddly both more complete and less detailed.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

BizarroAzrael posted:

If anything I prefer the Hasbro ones.

They remind me of MP Saber - all of 'em look like they're wearing Dark Knight Returns Robin's square-rear end glasses.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Anora posted:

Is it Onslaught, or Bruticus? I've noticed my Bruticus tends to lean forward or back close to the tipping point. Which with his arms being tilted slightly in when they're down makes him look like he just got rejected at Prom.

Bruticus. It tips forward too much, stands fine as Onslaught. I'll have a look at the review DoctorWhat said about though.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Anora posted:

My Defensor does this, too. Must be something about the Hot Spot/Onslaught mold. The PE upgrade feet help him stand up straighter due to the wider base of stability, I find.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Why even get a car when the Universe allows giant mechanical alligators and machine hell bats to exist?

And Crock Knock said, "Why not both!?"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

dragon_pamcake posted:

And Crock Knock said, "Why not both!?"

Because Deluxes are not Triple changers. Those are the voyagers. :colbert:

Since they're doing Animal to vehicle now for a few of the voyagers I would like a re-do on Double Dealer. The lack of Bird Mode is noted and needs to be corrected.

We're getting another Nightbeat and he appeared in Thrilling 30 the last time. It can happen.

Also looks like that Titan Class Voting Poll may have been useless in the end

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/02/22/hasbro-applies-several-new-trademarks-omega-supreme-vector-prime-music-cd-310377

all it may have decided is release order.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Feb 23, 2016

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Since they're doing Animal to vehicle now for a few of the voyagers I would like

I would like? I would like a trip to Europe.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I wish people wouldn't say "need" when it comes to putting out transforming toys.

I "need" water and air. I don't "need" triple-changer Snapdragon. I want one, though.

I want FansProject to actually loving ship something.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also looks like that Titan Class Voting Poll may have been useless in the end
This was outlined before the first vote was cast. Months before we even heard of the vote.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Spiderdrake posted:

I wish people wouldn't say "need" when it comes to putting out transforming toys.

I "need" water and air. I don't "need" triple-changer Snapdragon. I want one, though.

As long as we are wishing for things that won't happen, I never want to read jokes about someone having a sexual reaction to a toy. "Oh man MP Huffer I think I just came" etc. Gross and creepy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

As long as we are wishing for things that won't happen, I never want to read jokes about someone having a sexual reaction to a toy. "Oh man MP Huffer I think I just came" etc. Gross and creepy.

Just to be clear, when I have posted "I need new pants" it's because the excitement of new toys has caused me to poop myself, not any sexual excitement.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Fair.

Rhyno posted:

Just to be clear, when I have posted "I need new pants" it's because the excitement of new toys has caused me to poop myself, not any sexual excitement.

Same.

Spiderdrake posted:

I would like FansProject to finish their non-combining dinosaur robot toy line also.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

The Taint Reaper posted:

all it may have decided is release order.

I'm pretty sure I implied this before the vote was even announced

Spiderdrake posted:

This was outlined before the first vote was cast. Months before we even heard of the vote.

Yeah

Disclaimer: This post is not a guarantee, promise, or assertion that the other two titans from the vote will be released. Schedules and priorities do sometimes change.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I'm pretty sure I implied this before the vote was even announced

Yeah

Disclaimer: This post is not a guarantee, promise, or assertion that the other two titans from the vote will be released. Schedules and priorities do sometimes change.

Hasn't every single action figure fans choice poll just been a release order poll?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

I think I'd much prefer cleaning up the sexual reaction then this option, personally. One is cleaning a pair of pants, the other is replacing a couch. Either way you should talk to a doctor.

Also, just picked up Buzzsaw, And my trip report is that I neither jizzed or shat myself. So, uh, yeah. Thumbs up, me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I had to change my cardigan yesterday, but that was because I spilt dinner down it. :saddowns:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Hasn't every single action figure fans choice poll just been a release order poll?

What about Victorion?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

What about Victorion?

Yeah and fearless photog counts too I guess.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

I had to change my cardigan yesterday, but that was because I spilt dinner down it. :saddowns:

Bring me a spare cardigan also, XL.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Victorion and Windblade?

FAKE EDIT: F;B.

In other news... BBTS tells me just now MP Hot Rod will be arriving shortly.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Hey DT I'm curious but has your department heard of any complaints about the weak plastic that hasbro apparently is using which is causing a few of their lines to be so delicate that the toys break mere minutes out of the box?

I mean there's horror show images being attached to the amazon reviews now and a few other collector boards have also shown stuff that's worse than the video of Beast Wars Neo Randy being crushed in someone's hand.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The Taint Reaper posted:

Hey DT I'm curious but has your department heard of any complaints about the weak plastic that hasbro apparently is using which is causing a few of their lines to be so delicate that the toys break mere minutes out of the box?

I mean there's horror show images being attached to the amazon reviews now and a few other collector boards have also shown stuff that's worse than the video of Beast Wars Neo Randy being crushed in someone's hand.

Are you physiologically capable of being specific or clear about anything, ever?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DoctorWhat posted:

Are you physiologically capable of being specific or clear about anything, ever?

Look I remember the furry derail pages ago.

But if you insist
http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Equestria-Girls/dp/B012CCAO36

half the line has the same structural complaints.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TR has this condition where any wishful thinking expressed is immediately a rumor and every rumor becomes basically confirmed. The same goes for individual reports who then automatically become widespread problems. Someone here calls it wizard vision or something.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It's probably about My Little Ponies.

EDIT: I was right, and beaten to the punch. Gettin' reaped is painless. I feel nothing anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's not easy, being green.