Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I think I won at taxes.

$5 refund from Federal, $1 refund from the state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

A guy I work with got bumped into walking through the car park on Friday, driver didn't stop and had a completely obscured frosty windscreen. That's a firing offence, today HR were trying to track down who it was from the registration plate and it turns out the guy has a fake plate. The number on his car belongs on a Bentley continental, his is a Renault. :munch: This is going to be interesting.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

I've been going to a lot more concerts and festivals in the last ~6 months, I always have ear plugs on me (thanks work) and usually just hang out towards the back. Place we usually go has chairs around the back/walls and a bar you can sit at. I'll go jump around for a while but I'm rarely going to do that for six or more hours :corsair:

And while we're at it, not only are movies too loud but I think previews actually try to compete with each other to be as loud and annoying as possible. Notable exceptions are Deadpool and Mad Max for some reason that a movie buff/sound engineer could probably explain.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

NitroSpazzz posted:

Look forward to Miata snaps. Wasn't that Elantra pretty new? How did you manage to blow that thing up or is it a known issue?

Known issue. The recall for Sonata engines came out the same week as the news broke about VW emissions, so no one heard about it.

Bahaja, if you buy more than one state park pass per household, it's much cheaper. It's $25 for the first one and $10 for additional passes. I have a lot of passes (three state, one federal, two local) so it's easier for me to just have stickers.

meatpimp isn't wrong about me treating people like poo poo (but the Elantra is the only engine I've had blow up lately). His caustic Facebook messages to me were actual an integral part in my decision to live sober because it really forced me to look at how I treated people and how I treated myself. I haven't drank in over five months and it's the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
nm

Cage fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 22, 2016

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Phone posted:

I think I won at taxes.

$5 refund from Federal, $1 refund from the state.
Damnit. You beat me by $3. I had $9 back total.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

goatse guy posted:

meatpimp isn't wrong

New thread title.

goatse guy posted:

meatpimp isn't wrong about me treating people like poo poo (but the Elantra is the only engine I've had blow up lately). His caustic Facebook messages to me were actual an integral part in my decision to live sober because it really forced me to look at how I treated people and how I treated myself. I haven't drank in over five months and it's the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Seriously, though, I did break it down to you and I hope that did help. I don't operate from a place of bad intentions.

I may be extra salty right now, though... my wife's been out with some serious vestibular/vertigo issues (who knew that there was PT for vestibular issues...), then I'm approaching a long-standing appointment to get some cortizone shots in my feet so I can get back on a bike... and I blew out tendons in one of my heels walking with a heavy pack. gently caress. So now I'm in a boot waiting for shots on Wednesday that I don't know if I'll get or not, depending on the heel outlook. :gently caress:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

And while we're at it, not only are movies too loud but I think previews actually try to compete with each other to be as loud and annoying as possible. Notable exceptions are Deadpool and Mad Max for some reason that a movie buff/sound engineer could probably explain.

Reference level is 105db iirc which is LOUDDDDDDDD

...but of course cinema processing has a lot of places where overall gain can be adjusted before you get to the amplifiers. Also speaker sensitivity varies so if one set up was 105db with one setting, another theatre using the same settings and same amps but different speakers could be almost twice as loud again if the speakers are more sensitive.

Also like regular tv ads, max volume is an attention seeking thing.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

meatpimp posted:

New thread title.

Yes, I agree that such a rare occasion should be commemorated.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

KozmoNaut posted:

Yes, I agree that such a rare occasion should be commemorated.

It actually happens more often than you may think. Perhaps goatse is the only one with enough balls to state it. :toot:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I dunno, and I duncare, but it was too good of an opportunity not to take it.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Phone posted:

I don't think there's a Rotella in 5W30. I forgot who was also good, Pennezoil? I think I'm gonna keep the truck on Dino unless if there's already synthetic from the factory.

No, but you could run Rotella T6 5w-40 in it easily enough if you aren't somewhere where the temps are that cold. The earlier lm7s aren't really that picky on what kind and weight of oil gets chucked in them. I've been running castrol edge in it, but thats more because its constantly on sale at work.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
meatpimp, you continue to be one of my favorite posters :smoobles:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Speaking of oil chat, how about in an LS1? I've been running Mobil 1 since its kind of the obvious answer, but is there anything it likes better?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
People bag on Meatpimp, but he wasn't the one posting a hilariously :qq: hissyfit to the FB group about Goatse even daring to show her face in AI again.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
nm dumb arguing.

Cage fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 22, 2016

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Ugh 12% workforce reduction, who knows if I'm gonna Jerb or not soon.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

InitialDave posted:

People bag on Meatpimp, but he wasn't the one posting a hilariously :qq: hissyfit to the FB group about Goatse even daring to show her face in AI again.

Link, please, I missed that one or didn't see it on my fb feed.

Adiabatic posted:

meatpimp, you continue to be one of my favorite posters :smoobles:

:glomp:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I know there's a few posters on here that do ozone stuff, what was the unit you guys were using? Was it this one: amazon

I have a bunch of paperwork, tax returns, and a laptop I need to get a very horrible odor out of.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

BloodBag posted:

I know there's a few posters on here that do ozone stuff, what was the unit you guys were using? Was it this one: amazon

I have a bunch of paperwork, tax returns, and a laptop I need to get a very horrible odor out of.

That looks like an updated version of the one I use. Works great.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ilkhan posted:

Damnit. You beat me by $3. I had $9 back total.

I was wrong, I owe the state $1. :v:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

meatpimp posted:

That looks like an updated version of the one I use. Works great.

Their website is borderline 9/11 truther/silverbugs/forwards from Grandma with their rantings about the govt. Will the ozone destroy the strange rubberized coating on on the plastic on the bottom of a laptop? they say no soft rubber stuff. This is like that VW/E46 rubberized coating stuff. If that makes any sense.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

BloodBag posted:

Their website is borderline 9/11 truther/silverbugs/forwards from Grandma with their rantings about the govt. Will the ozone destroy the strange rubberized coating on on the plastic on the bottom of a laptop? they say no soft rubber stuff. This is like that VW/E46 rubberized coating stuff. If that makes any sense.

I think it'll destroy a lot of things with enough exposure. I don't see it hurting anything significantly in the time you'll be using it, though. I used it on the interior of my Envoy for about 45 minutes and I'd say the crappy GM adhesives are more sensitive to ozone than your laptop pads... nothing has fallen off yet.

I do use care when using the machine, though. It is a serious piece of equipment. Just make sure to use it in an enclosed space and have it on a timer. That way it can turn off and air out before you need to enter the room again.

Phone posted:

It used to be an issue when "interest income" was something that existed. As it is now, though, there's no tangible benefit to zero-tax-refunding. While I like getting interest income better, getting a few grand back as a bonus from the generous Uncle takes away some of the sting.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

BloodBag posted:

Lengthy, repeated treatments will definitely cause damage but a one time treatment shouldn't do much harm. If you feel like DIYing, I still need to wire mine up in an old PSU case:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110V-3-5g-Ozone-Generator-Ozone-Tube-DIY-3-5g-hr-for-Plant-Air-Cleaner-/201342711649?hash=item2ee0f5f761

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Phone posted:

Dang, that's pretty hilarious actually. It reminds me of the best check I ever received from AT&T which was for 17 cents. I claim 0 otherwise I get royally screwed, this year I somehow magically got 2700 back federal, but owe 800 to state.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

keykey posted:

Dang, that's pretty hilarious actually. It reminds me of the best check I ever received from AT&T which was for 17 cents. I claim 0 otherwise I get royally screwed, this year I somehow magically got 2700 back federal, but owe 800 to state.

A couple years ago I owed something stupid like $1.75 on federal taxes, and then they charged me a $5 "convenience fee" for paying them online. That was just obnoxious.

For the first time I actually have to go through an accountant this year since we bought a house and my soon to be wife has complicated taxes. Its extra confusing since we both bought the house, but we were not married yet, I started working from home full time and I spent a large chunk of money on dental work, so no easy taxes for me anymore. Hopefully all of that means I should get a decent return for the first time in years.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Lengthy, repeated treatments will definitely cause damage but a one time treatment shouldn't do much harm. If you feel like DIYing, I still need to wire mine up in an old PSU case:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110V-3-5g-Ozone-Generator-Ozone-Tube-DIY-3-5g-hr-for-Plant-Air-Cleaner-/201342711649?hash=item2ee0f5f761

That seems terrifying.

quote:

For medical equipment; ozone generator, cold storage, ozone gynecologic therapeutic equipment, ozone aging me, straight drinking fountains, livestock and poultry breeding miriam green, aquaculture device, small water treatment, vegetable, fruit, meat food preservation; packaging sterilization laboratory sterilization, pure water, mineral water, disinfection and sterilization.

[...]

The use of a very long period of time needs cooling fan, heat dissipation

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

goatse guy posted:

Known issue. The recall for Sonata engines came out the same week as the news broke about VW emissions, so no one heard about it.

Do you still have access to the list even though your working at that :wotwot: dealer world? I may have you run my VIN on my wifes car to see if its part of the recall.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Do you still have access to the list even though your working at that :wotwot: dealer world? I may have you run my VIN on my wifes car to see if its part of the recall.

I don't, but my service reps do. I still work for Hyundai as well -- I'm overseeing biz dev for five brands.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

meatpimp posted:

Link, please, I missed that one or didn't see it on my fb feed.

:glomp:

I know I have you on them Stravas but not on faceballs? RIPPED OFF!

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

goatse guy posted:

I don't, but my service reps do. I still work for Hyundai as well -- I'm overseeing biz dev for five brands.

Cool, when she gets home, I will get you the vin. No rush, I figured if it was part of it, we would have some kind of notice, but its nice to be sure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just pushed a local police officer into a full on Facebook meltdown over his support of Donald Trump that ended with him deleting his profile. If I die suspiciously in the next few days all my poo poo is to be buried with me.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
^^^^^
RIP. Get a will made.

goatse guy posted:

Bahaja, if you buy more than one state park pass per household, it's much cheaper. It's $25 for the first one and $10 for additional passes. I have a lot of passes (three state, one federal, two local) so it's easier for me to just have stickers.

Congrats.

Cage posted:

nm dumb arguing.
:smith:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Just addeded you... been keeping a low profile around bike people, since my mileage has gone to almost nil with this goddamned Mortons.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

opengl128 posted:

Speaking of oil chat, how about in an LS1? I've been running Mobil 1 since its kind of the obvious answer, but is there anything it likes better?

Its an LS. It basically gives 0 shits from what I've seen. Just make sure weights are appropriate to where you live and make sure its some kind of engine oil.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I just got off the phone with my very alive Sister In Law. It was tough to track her down, but I'm glad she's alive. Hopefully things will work out. it's so strange talking to what sounds like my wife, but isn't. This week has been so crazy.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

This reminded me to add you on Strava, or at least the person I think you are. If you have a new follow request it's probably me. Need to rebuild a rear wheel on the road bike and get some miles in.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Elmnt80 posted:

Its an LS. It basically gives 0 shits from what I've seen. Just make sure weights are appropriate to where you live and make sure its some kind of engine oil.

Pretty much what I figured, haha.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
gently caress YES Autopagerize works for SA again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

its amazing how the combination of a mediocre test performance (not even bad, just like a C), friends just blowing off plans they called you to make that you were actually looking forward to, and goddamn roommate friends continuing to constantly play dice right outside my door and slam the front door that's right next to my window and loving yell in excitement at volumes that would be excessive at a busy sports bar let alone a house, all combine to put you in an absolutely foul mood

wait no not amazing, what's the word. obvious. yeah that's it.

i swear once i get home from this school thing im about 5 minutes away from going out there screaming my head off and kicking them all out permanently.

E: oh and the noise is despite me going out several times and telling them to keep it down cause someone else lives here now and them PROMISING they'd be quiet.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 23, 2016

• Locked thread