Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
best part about the bed is the show underwear button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

:heysexy:

Unknownmass
Nov 3, 2007
Are characters server locked? I went to log into test something else late last night and seemed to select the other server, Orwin, and my characters loaded up just fine. I was not in the guild so don't know if that has an affect.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Xavier434 posted:

Yeah, gaining access to a bed asap is probably one of the better pieces of advice to tell new players going forward in general.

Can I crash at your place?

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
The residence decor thing is more fun than it should be and I bet some idiots are gonna go for real broke interior-designing their virtual digs.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

how did I not know about the bed thing, thats tight

I wish trading was in so I could become the god of bed production for goons 0/10 game

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

RedTonic posted:

The residence decor thing is more fun than it should be and I bet some idiots are gonna go for real broke interior-designing their virtual digs.

There were furniture sets in the cash shop during the beta, so yes.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

What, does it automatically switch which clothes are displayed?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

Can I crash at your place?

Sure but all I have to offer you is a case of warm mountain dew and a half eaten bag of doritos.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

RedTonic posted:

It was me. Some of these objects feel pretty pointless though. Can't even use the chests to access/upgrade your storage??

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Torn between sorceress and wizard. Probably gonna go wizard because the combos are a lot easier on my delicate hands.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I liked that certain monsters dropped decorative items for your house, like for instance I got a giant Stuffed Weasel by killing Weasels that gives me a buff when I go to my house and activate it for MP regen. Or I got a conch shell by killing those hermit crab guys.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Well that and buying a sweet-rear end bird

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

I accidently set my surname to mandingo. I hope thats not going to carry over to release...

Bored Grunt
Nov 8, 2009

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

Jimlit posted:

I accidently set my surname to mandingo. I hope thats not going to carry over to release...

I was under the impression that the surname was the main one most people see.. with the character name being mostly fluff? I should be good since I just went the autistic route and reserved the same character/surname.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

I'm kind of torn should I go with sorceress or wait until the expansion to jump in and go with blader/plum? Don't really feel like grinding up two classes

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Jump, kick, and punch your enemies to death using DARK MAGICS

What say you, muscle wizard?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Welcome to china game territory

Everyone should check out http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/kunoichi

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

I'm kind of torn should I go with sorceress or wait until the expansion to jump in and go with blader/plum? Don't really feel like grinding up two classes

I was torn too but the ammount of hype makes it seem like the whole world is going to be just samurai and ninjas when that happens.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Jackard posted:

It was me. Some of these objects feel pretty pointless though. Can't even use the chests to access/upgrade your storage??

The warehouse manager in velia rents you a warehouse storage chest for your house

Jackard posted:

What, does it automatically switch which clothes are displayed?

No idea. I don't wear underwear.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Not only did the beta cash shop have furniture, the cash shop was linked into the residence placement view with an option to cash out pearls/go straight to the website to buy pearls. The local furniture vendor wasn't.

Jackard posted:

With the amount that some of the furnishings cost, I'd expect more functionality.

That said, I'm gonna grind up amity with the furniture vendors and outfit ~such sweet digs~.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

I'm pretty sure all warehouse managers rent out a chest that sends things to that warehouse. So you can place it in a residence far away and use it to send loot and stuff back in addition to simply placing it in the same town so you can access storage from inside your residence for easy cooking/alchemy.

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

Bored Grunt posted:

I was under the impression that the surname was the main one most people see.. with the character name being mostly fluff? I should be good since I just went the autistic route and reserved the same character/surname.

I think your character (i.e. "first") name is the one that shows up in chat, while your family name is linked to all your characters but doesn't show up in any chat channels.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Jimlit posted:

I assumed it would be wiped too but now you got me worried. Does anyone know how this worked after CBT1?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The warehouse manager in velia rents you a warehouse storage chest for your house

No idea. I don't wear underwear.

Black Desert - No idea. I don't wear underwear.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Don't worry about it, pre-orders have family name reservations after all.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
If we were to add a guide to the OP, it would be telling new people the little things/tricks (like beds) they should be doing first, to give everyone a leg up on a lot of confusing systems.

Bored Grunt
Nov 8, 2009

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

Xavier434 posted:

I assumed it would be wiped too but now you got me worried. Does anyone know how this worked after CBT1?

If you are talking characters created during this weekend.. that will be wiped for launch. If you mean the name reservation via the website from one of the packages... I can confirm you are still able to change it as I just picked a new one this morning.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Bored Grunt posted:

If you are talking characters created during this weekend.. that will be wiped for launch. If you mean the name reservation via the website from one of the packages... I can confirm you are still able to change it as I just picked a new one this morning.

I have not purchased yet actually. I was only referring to the Family name that they made me select for CBT2. I chose something quick because I didn't feel like putting in much thought, but I never intended to commit to that name.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

So I want a pet just for the autoloot but since they're 9 pearlbux, It's like might as well get the $50 pack right? Then again I might get the hundo pack just because I have no self control.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Quake posted:

So I want a pet just for the autoloot but since they're 9 pearlbux, It's like might as well get the $50 pack right? Then again I might get the hundo pack just because I have no self control.

i dont think the $100 pack is worth it TBH

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

LegalPad posted:

I'm pretty sure all warehouse managers rent out a chest that sends things to that warehouse. So you can place it in a residence far away and use it to send loot and stuff back in addition to simply placing it in the same town so you can access storage from inside your residence for easy cooking/alchemy.
Considering how much some of this shop furniture costs, you'd expect it to actually do something

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Eonwe posted:

The issue for me is I don't fully understand the benifits of any of the items included in those packs. Like is the horse invulnerable or can you immediately drive your tier 5 horse to a watery grave...

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

$100 package lets you upgrade to your choice of hippocamp or kelpie

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Jimlit posted:

The issue for me is I don't fully understand the benifits of any of the items included in those packs. Like is the horse invulnerable or can you immediately drive your tier 5 horse to a watery grave...

When I drove my donkey into the river I had to pay 10k silver to revive him, that might go way up with tier/level or something so maybe you'd have to pay a lot to revive a tier 5 horse.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jimlit posted:

you can revive your horse for silver, but you can also just get a horse in game if you want

its a convenience thing for launch, basically

the other stuff is basically cosmetics

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jimlit posted:

Horse death, at least in the korean version, wasn't permanent. You could go to a stable and revive it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Eonwe posted:

Compared to the $50USD edition, the extra $50USD gets you $25USD in Pearls, with the remaining $25USD providing the following benefits:

1 extra Guest pass
5 extra Housing Décor Coupons
5 extra Unknown Dye Boxes
5 extra Partial Skill Resets
Tier 3 -> Tier 5 Horse
Extra 48-hour head start (96-hour head start total)
1 extra Character Slot
Exclusive Costume

No idea what those items are theoretically worth, and of course you'd have to actually want those things in the first place.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Eonwe posted:

you can revive your horse for silver, but you can also just get a horse in game if you want

its a convenience thing for launch, basically

the other stuff is basically cosmetics

Good to know. Guess I will stick with the $30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

univbee posted:

Compared to the $50USD edition, the extra $50USD gets you $25USD in Pearls, with the remaining $25USD providing the following benefits:

1 extra Guest pass
5 extra Housing Décor Coupons
5 extra Unknown Dye Boxes
5 extra Partial Skill Resets
Tier 3 -> Tier 5 Horse
Extra 48-hour head start (96-hour head start total)
1 extra Character Slot
Exclusive Costume

No idea what those items are theoretically worth, and of course you'd have to actually want those things in the first place.

Someone actually did a write-up of the cash value of the packs now that the pearl shop pricing is out (and that it isn't subject to change before launch)