Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Kimbo Slice: "MMA FIghter Wins By TKO." Bystander Kimbo Slice has claimed to our reporter that a MMA fighter won a bout via TKO in the third round. We have no way of confirming at this time. Kimbo describes himself as an avid fan of the sport.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Jesus Christ I bet on Kimbo but it's because I thought it was an enormous mismatch. I told my friends that the way I was seeing it: Kimbo was a terrible MMA fighter but at least you could tell he trained. He showed he can do some things marginally well or at least well compared to guys who didn't train at all. Meanwhile Dada was 2-0 in MMA and his fight with Cedric James was the biggest poo poo show I've ever seen before Dada/Kimbo. James was 0-6 in his career and had Dada mounted and was ready to start beating the poo poo out of him and the ref stood them up for no reason whatsoever. Also, when you see sloppy standup in MMA you often refer to it as a "bar fight", but James/Dada literally LOOKED LIKE loving BAR FIGHT when it was standing. The guy had no business being in a cage with a fighter who, while terrible, had years of training and several pro fights on his resume.

Not only did Kimbo not dominate Dada, but he could've easily lost that loving fight. And Dada was literally loving dying for the last 10 minutes of the fight. Holy poo poo. That whole thing blew my mind.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Reports indicate Bellator 149 did 2 million viewers.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

Thread, help me. Should I be disgusted that shitshow was this popular or excited to see more batshit insane events?

Spring Joe Son for a literal death match at 150.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ride the wave

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Critical posted:

Thread, help me. Should I be disgusted that shitshow was this popular or excited to see more batshit insane events?

Spring Joe Son for a literal death match at 150.

If you want real fights, you can watch UFC or WSOF. Bellator fills a special, but very important, niche of having national TV coverage and being willing to do incredible freakshow fights, and we should be grateful for that.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
Angela Lee is cool

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

when i saw this the other day i thought she was gonna go for the secret move when she hit the necktie. her 17 year old brother is looking like a decent prospect too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjvKvG7fz3s

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

Here's the article:

http://www.f4wonline.com/mma-news/b..._medium=twitter

quote:

Ratings are in Bellator 149 and it appears that fans like a good freak show. The 3 plus hour show beat the previous record for the promotion by nearly 25%, averaging 1,964,000 viewers. The show was, of course, headlined by the double main event of Ken Shamrock vs Royce Gracie 3 and Kimbo Slice vs Dada 5000.

The previous record for Bellator MMA on Spike also involved Slice and Shamrock as last June’s event, where they fought each other, averaged 1,580,000 viewers. Friday’s number was also more than double the amount of the last two Bellator tentpole shows that aired on Spike in September (800,000) and November (814,000).

The peak rating for the event came during the 3 round debacle that was Kimbo v Dada at 2.5 million viewers. The main event featuring Royce Gracie scoring a questionable TKO over Shamrock in the first round did 2.4 million.

Fights involving Slice have now set records for Elite XC (6.5 million vs James Thompson), UFC (5.3 million for a taped fight with Roy Nelson) and Bellator. Years after making his name as a YouTube street-fighting sensation, Kimbo is still a television ratings draw. Of that, there is no question.

Of importance to advertisers, the Kimbo-Dada fight did a rating of 2.34 in Men aged 18-34. That’s almost triple what Bellator usually does and another record for the promotion.

Bellator is back on Spike TV this coming Friday with Bellator 150 emanating from Kansas and featuring a Bantamweight Title fight between Marcus Galvao and Eduardo Dantes in the main event.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
cool i didn't realise boku fought on that card too, one of the unsung b-league heroes. check it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLqq1TY8Eog

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Excited for royce gracie vs Chris leben

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

quote:

Wanderlei Silva negotiating with Bellator and Rizin, eyes Fedor Emelianenko fight in the future

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Triticum Guzzler posted:

when i saw this the other day i thought she was gonna go for the secret move when she hit the necktie. her 17 year old brother is looking like a decent prospect too

Want to see him fight Noiri.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

cool

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
what stands at the most to me the most from the videos is that the ring girl seems to be a regular clothed human just sort of leaning against a sign that had the round number on it. which i like a lot, and i bet with enough years of research they can eventually get rid of the waving person and just have the sign

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
if im voted president i will create more jobs for ring girls, not less

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
ring boys as well

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Bundt Cake posted:

ring boys as well

you can just say sage northcutt, we all understand

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yesssssssssssssss

Chris James 2 posted:

Get ready for the Era of the Circus Fights

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Ty1990 posted:

Not only did Kimbo not dominate Dada, but he could've easily lost that loving fight.

I still don't understand what happened after the takedown. Kimbo mounted a guy seconds into the first round, sat on him doing nothing for several minutes, and when McCarthy finally stood them up for inactivity Kimbo was totally gassed. How? It's not like Dada was making him work to maintain the position. Kimbo didn't do anything to expend energy! It was like watching somebody get breathlessly exhausted from sitting in a chair for two minutes.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

EvanSchenck posted:

I still don't understand what happened after the takedown. Kimbo mounted a guy seconds into the first round, sat on him doing nothing for several minutes, and when McCarthy finally stood them up for inactivity Kimbo was totally gassed. How? It's not like Dada was making him work to maintain the position. Kimbo didn't do anything to expend energy! It was like watching somebody get breathlessly exhausted from sitting in a chair for two minutes.

Use it as your koan

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I watched Dawg Fights because of the Kimbo/Dada fight so Dada's getting some netflix money coming in.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The three women from that film should have been the judges for Kimbo/Dada.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Here we all were, sitting around thinking Kimbo/Dada was the dumbest fight of the decade. Turns out it wasn't even the dumbest fight of the weekend. A 68-year-old woman made her MMA debut and got TKO'd. Not the ugliest stoppage in the world, but considering her age it is pretty bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rccaw66HSzs

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
I read it, watched the ladies promo and stopped there. Who wants to see Ellen DeGeneres's mom get tkod

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

EvanSchenck posted:

Dada was trying to get up and Kimbo was trying to hold down 265 pounds of A Lethal Killing Machine

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

whats up with the pro wrestling style reffing in this?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dan Didio posted:

The three women from that film should have been the judges for Kimbo/Dada.

I would watch the worst MMA shows commented by those three. They were awesome.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Wise Learned Man posted:

Here we all were, sitting around thinking Kimbo/Dada was the dumbest fight of the decade. Turns out it wasn't even the dumbest fight of the weekend. A 68-year-old woman made her MMA debut and got TKO'd. Not the ugliest stoppage in the world, but considering her age it is pretty bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rccaw66HSzs

that 68 year old woman is my hero

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
Erm, so Joe Rogan said Dada 5000 "was filled with cheeseburgers and fried chicken and orange soda."

That's uh.... that's cool, Joe.

https://twitter.com/AngieOverkill/status/702407583051730944

Angela Hill posted:

When Joe Rogan says "Dada 5000 had cheeseburgers, fried chicken, and orange soda in his heart" all I hear is... http://fb.me/4rDIR3jPq

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Erm, so Joe Rogan said Dada 5000 "was filled with cheeseburgers and fried chicken and orange soda."

That's uh.... that's cool, Joe.

https://twitter.com/AngieOverkill/status/702407583051730944

it's true tho

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
you think it was a coincidence there was never a black contestant on fear factor?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
What about that one time a crack head got on and fell asleep in worms.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

1st AD posted:

it's true tho

yeah, but maybe just stick to describing the burgers

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

No one loves orange soda more than Kel.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
joe rogan said hte N word

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Slaapaav posted:

whats up with the pro wrestling style reffing in this?

Pride tradition, I suppose. The refs pointed out catches and generally telegraphed close situations like that.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

1st AD posted:

it's true tho

You can say a black man is fat without saying fried chicken and orange soda, afaik

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Jason_Floyd/status/702576303787085824

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
next time you see him he will be dada6000 and only 2 of his vital organs will fail during the fight