Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Speaking of the reserved list...

http://shop.tcgplayer.com/productcatalog/product/show?newSearch=false&ProductType=All&ProductName=null%20rod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

But it doesn't do anything.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
https://twitter.com/mtgaaron/status/699630951366684672

Looks like "Eternal" format won't be a thing.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

or they just aren't going to announce it yet

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

That was a HORRIBLE idea.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

mcmagic posted:

That was a HORRIBLE idea.

oh the idea that was basically "there will be a new eternal format at some point" and nothign else? word?

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
magic fans can construct an entire new expansion set based on nothing but a misplaced comma in a maro article

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

I hate this stupid game so much. Also someone buy my 3 Japanese Null Rods.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I wish conspiracy didn't have the dumb "4 player game" thing because I liked everything else about it.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Further solidifying my desire to not get into Legacy.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Just play the people's format, Pauper, where entire decks cost less than that null rod you want.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I mean no-reserve list Legacy could be created and grown outside of WotC like EDH was. If it became popular, they'd probably start supporting it.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

sarmhan posted:

Just play the people's format, Pauper, where entire decks cost less than that null rod you want.

I am pretty confident that if pauper ever really caught on in paper all the popular commons would be 2-3 bucks per in a matter of months.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Sickening posted:

I am pretty confident that if pauper ever really caught on in paper all the popular commons would be 2-3 bucks per in a matter of months weeks.

FTFY

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

dragon enthusiast posted:

I will draft Conspiracy with you

Actually realtalk if anyone is coming to the event in Philly this weekend and will be around on Sunday I will draft Conspiracy with you. PM me, I have to check my wife's schedule but considering we have plans all day Saturday she'll probably be OK with not spending an afternoon with me :v:

E: I only have 21 packs so we would need a few extra.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 22, 2016

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

That already happened online to some extent- 9 dollar hydroblasts are a real thing. As are 13 dollar gorilla shamans.
It's still by far the cheapest constructed format though.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Actually realtalk if anyone is coming to the event in Philly this weekend and will be around on Sunday I will draft Conspiracy with you. PM me, I have to check my wife's schedule but considering we have plans all day Saturday she'll probably be OK with not spending an afternoon with me :v:

I thought you were SE Michigan but that just might be because of your title text

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

sarmhan posted:

That already happened online to some extent- 9 dollar hydroblasts are a real thing. As are 13 dollar gorilla shamans.
It's still by far the cheapest constructed format though.

Yeah but they're all from sets like Nemesis and Mirage that had basically no print run on MTGO. The most outrageous one is probably Journey to Nowhere which is like $1.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
will they make the new conspiracy draftable online? I guess trying to do anything like Agent of Acquisitions will break the client in half

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I can't imagine how frustrating 4 player would be online. I can barely stomach my own bad play, thanks.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

odiv posted:

I can't imagine how frustrating 4 player would be online. I can barely stomach my own bad play, thanks.

Just watch a commander game in one of the multiplayer rooms at some point, it looks like absolute hell to play.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

O.G conspiracy wasn't and this one won't be either. It'd require them to completely rebuild the draft interface for one.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

C-Euro posted:

E: I only have 21 packs so we would need a few extra.

What's going on in Philly?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Snacksmaniac posted:

What's going on in Philly?

Star City Legacy Open

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Chill la Chill posted:

I looked up the reserved list again cuz I didn't know alliance cards were on it. Everyone likes to make fun of when I say FOW is uncommon and "they didn't know what they were doing" but lol if it was a rare "that it should've been" that was in that list.

But fow would probably be fine in standard (IMO)

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

GonSmithe posted:

Just watch a commander game in one of the multiplayer rooms at some point, it looks like absolute hell to play.

It's actually a lot of fun if you play a deck with no instants and just watch a show or something while you play.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

ShadeofBlue posted:

It's actually a lot of fun if you play a deck with no instants and just watch a show or something while you play.

But that's every multiplayer magic game.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

sarmhan posted:

O.G conspiracy wasn't and this one won't be either. It'd require them to completely rebuild the draft interface for one.

Let's take the format that's entirely about goofing around IRL with your friends and port it to the Magic platform based around never having to actually interact with humans directly.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Magic was designed to be played while waiting for D&D games at conventions to start. Now entire campaigns are played between Commander turns.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Conspiracy 2: Eternal Brago-rule.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
So according to the nifty thing, my best format (aside from Sealed 2HG where I am unbeaten) is Legacy with a little less than 60% win rate. Everything else my win rate is almost exactly 50.

Huh.

Also gently caress yeah Conspiracy 2!!!!!!

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Count Bleck posted:

But that's every multiplayer magic game.

Yes

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Errant Gin Monks posted:

So according to the nifty thing, my best format (aside from Sealed 2HG where I am unbeaten) is Legacy with a little less than 60% win rate. Everything else my win rate is almost exactly 50.

Huh.

Also gently caress yeah Conspiracy 2!!!!!!

I have like a 40% win rate in modern, the only format I play. Why do I spend so much money on this game

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

My sealed, both 2HG and regular record is exactly 50%.

Vintage is 64%, Modern is 57%, Standard is 52%, and legacy is 49%. If only I hadn't wasted a few weeks playing Soldier Stompy and Nic Fit I'd probably have a winning record in every format besides draft, which is a stupid format anyway.

Also I have a winning record against all of my friends except for our store owner's fiance, including one who I'm 6/1/1 against.

WTF is a WPN Premium Tournament?

Molybdenum posted:

I have like a 40% win rate in modern, the only format I play. Why do I spend so much money on this game

Just play nothing but bad decks like me, and you, too, can have a winning record in modern!

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

suicidesteve posted:

Just play nothing but bad decks like me, and you, too, can have a winning record in modern!

I've been playing 4c loam for the past 6 months

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

suicidesteve posted:

My sealed, both 2HG and regular record is exactly 50%.

Vintage is 64%, Modern is 57%, Standard is 52%, and legacy is 49%. If only I hadn't wasted a few weeks playing Soldier Stompy and Nic Fit I'd probably have a winning record in every format besides draft, which is a stupid format anyway.

Also I have a winning record against all of my friends except for our store owner's fiance, including one who I'm 6/1/1 against.

WTF is a WPN Premium Tournament?

It's pretty funny seeing my tournament results for the few months I played doomsday. Full out win the first week and goose eggs until switched back to Jund.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Molybdenum posted:

I've been playing 4c loam for the past 6 months

Oh uh. Well I guess try playing better bad decks? Or maybe try playing your deck worse? I'm not sure whay the secret to modern is tbh. Apparently it's playing control decks like me.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Brago, King Eternal of my heart :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

smertrioslol posted:

So I haven't played in years and all my cards were tragically lost. A bunch of guys from work started playing, and the consensus is we are gonna play legacy, but I don't think anyone is planning on getting all the super expensive cards. Are there any fun casual, relatively cheap options out there for me? Is now a good time to get all standard cards to play casually with them and maybe take a crack at competitive for the first time?

I guess what I'm asking is should I buy a booster box or individual cards? I'm confident if I bought individual cards it would be unfun real fast for my casual friends, but I'm not sure if standard is playable buying just random packs based on the last few pages of this thread.

Pauper. Play pauper. You get to play old and "fun" cards but it isn't wallet smashingly expensive.http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper#paper

• Locked thread