Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Never got the invite to the guild, can you send another one? @JStuart00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Scyantific posted:

Daggerfall is incredibly boring, on any level.

It's like the Ghostlands in WoW, except you get nothing done.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
does anyone here understand how non-vet pvp works because it confuses the poo poo out of me

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm almost done with glenumbra, and it hasn't been so bad. Pretty standard fantasy stuff, but the VO is done well and Breton buildings are cool.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Berke Negri posted:

insane costs for gear

Agreed, a transmog station would be nice. Until that shows up, you can always make gold v16 weapons, buy good v16 jewelry, and then leave your armor purple v14/v15. That gives you almost all of the benefit of being v16 without feeling locked into a particular look.

e: Also basic motifs have lower level versions that you lose access to over level 36. Another reason for the transmog station.

Scyantific posted:

Daggerfall is incredibly boring, on any level.

Alik'r would like to have a word with you.

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 21, 2016

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Fargin Icehole posted:

Alright, I'm not really getting this. Is this like WoW, where you have fun when max level? Because Daggerfall Covenant is probably one of the most boring level ups I've seen.

Why would you pick Daggerfall?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

does anyone here understand how non-vet pvp works because it confuses the poo poo out of me

What do you mean? How does it work now? It's PvP for characters under level 50. What are you confused on?

I'll just take a stab at predicting your questions and whatnot, so feel free to add to this or whatever. Non-vet PvP is for any character under level 50, but a non-vet character can still have tons and tons of champion points from the account, so you can still get your rear end handed to you by someone lower level if you don't also have champion points. This is beyond stupid, and in order to remedy this, the next DLC* is going to be adding (I think) two new campaigns that disable champion points while in Cyrodiil.

LastGoodBoy fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Feb 21, 2016

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

JackBadass posted:

Why would you pick Daggerfall?

I saw my brother go through it on the X-bone months ago, so i figured I'd have an easier time knowing what to do and what to avoid. A proper thread title for any MMO is "Knowing what to do and what to avoid.", because goddamnit, that is the soul of overall mmos.

When I got to the Knights of the flame bit, knowing I was way underleveled, I knew i lost almost all hope of going back and slogging through whatever I missed.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Fargin Icehole posted:

I saw my brother go through it on the X-bone months ago, so i figured I'd have an easier time knowing what to do and what to avoid. A proper thread title for any MMO is "Knowing what to do and what to avoid.", because goddamnit, that is the soul of overall mmos.

When I got to the Knights of the flame bit, knowing I was way underleveled, I knew i lost almost all hope of going back and slogging through whatever I missed.

There's only two missions in the game. Go here, kill this and go here, grab this. You'll be good in that department no matter which faction, but EP is the only good one.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

tgidieday posted:

Agreed, a transmog station would be nice. Until that shows up, you can always make gold v16 weapons, buy good v16 jewelry, and then leave your armor purple v14/v15. That gives you almost all of the benefit of being v16 without feeling locked into a particular look.

e: Also basic motifs have lower level versions that you lose access to over level 36. Another reason for the transmog station.

Alik'r would like to have a word with you.

Yeah I mean as a whole no one would want the lower level gear but intermixed you could get some looks. Whatever the name of is the rare ZOS dude that reads this thread, playing dressup is a huge part of casual mmoing so get on that.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

JackBadass posted:

What do you mean? How does it work now? It's PvP for characters under level 50. What are you confused on?

I'll just take a stab at predicting your questions and whatnot, so feel free to add to this or whatever. Non-vet PvP is for any character under level 50, but a non-vet character can still have tons and tons of champion points from the account, so you can still get your rear end handed to you by someone lower level if you don't also have champion points. This is beyond stupid, and in order to remedy this, the next DLC* is going to be adding (I think) two new campaigns that disable champion points while in Cyrodiil.

i was more talking about the normalization of primary attributes/weapon and spell damage. i know conceptually what it is, i just wasn't sure why sometimes you'll run into a level 47 that dies to a wrecking blow->executioner and others you'll find a level 10 who seems to take negative damage from puncturing spear spam etc

speaking of non vet pvp it's kind of great to not run into unkillable deathballs. instead you just take turns having your group die in what feels like seconds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu9gUw4CCSk. we wiped like two minutes after this

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 21, 2016

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Berke Negri posted:

Thank you, but I'm 8 traits on most items, just largely waiting on those month long research times for the rest since I took a break last summer. It's more the resource collection since I have no where near the time I did earlier in 2015 to play the game right now, but I appreciate it the offer!

Oh, drat. I saw upthread you might need some gear and thought you might have been a newer player. And yeah, research times are getting ridiculous for me, too. I just hit 5 trait on several items and those timers almost feel like a gently caress you to crafters.

radiatinglines posted:

I think this has solved my problem, because I I've played several hours now without a single crash. Thanks again.

Awesome! Hopefully that'll fix your issues and you can play problem free from now on. Glad I could help, dude.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i was more talking about the normalization of primary attributes/weapon and spell damage. i know conceptually what it is, i just wasn't sure why sometimes you'll run into a level 47 that dies to a wrecking blow->executioner and others you'll find a level 10 who seems to take negative damage from puncturing spear spam etc

Everyone is scaled to V15 while in Cyrodiil, but your natural attributes and stats affect it somewhat (I don't know the exact formula). Champion points play a big part in it, too. That level 47 character that got his rear end kicked might be that user's only character, while that level 10 might be someone's new character, toting the 300-something champion points from his other vet characters. This is why non-vet PvP is total bullshit, but thankfully they're fixing it.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Put some points in the skill that decreases research times and allows multiple items and it goes pretty fast until you hit 7 or 8.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Last night I was in PvP and managed to drop two Negate Magic fields on an opposing group while defending a keep. Thought it was a lag thing but apparently there's a bug going around that if you press your ult key fast enough, you can deploy multiple ultimates at the same time.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

So, I'm curious about something. I'm doing, on average and depending on abilities used, about 3-5k DPS at VR4 with a Bow/Dual Wield DK. Purple weapons with +speed trait and flame enchant. Should I have better output than this? I still have a couple of passives to go on DW like Blade and Brunt but I feel like I should be doing better. Oh, and all my armor is +stam enchanted Night's Silence set. Where am I going wrong? Because I feel like stuff takes a long time to die.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

So, I'm curious about something. I'm doing, on average and depending on abilities used, about 3-5k DPS at VR4 with a Bow/Dual Wield DK. Purple weapons with +speed trait and flame enchant. Should I have better output than this? I still have a couple of passives to go on DW like Blade and Brunt but I feel like I should be doing better. Oh, and all my armor is +stam enchanted Night's Silence set. Where am I going wrong? Because I feel like stuff takes a long time to die.

At VR 4 you should be doing on average, about 7-8k DPS. Granted this is probably with buffs and stuff like Rally which gives Major Brutality (+20% weapon damage). Once Thieves Guild goes live you'll have access to that buff via class skills. As a DK most of your damage is going to come from DOTs such as Twin Slashes, Poison Arrow, Volley, Flame Breath, and Embers.

Give us a shout ingame and ennuid or I will get you set up with a 5 piece Hunding's Rage set, which is the go-to for stam classes.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Scyantific posted:

At VR 4 you should be doing on average, about 7-8k DPS. Granted this is probably with buffs and stuff like Rally which gives Major Brutality (+20% weapon damage). Once Thieves Guild goes live you'll have access to that buff via class skills. As a DK most of your damage is going to come from DOTs such as Twin Slashes, Poison Arrow, Volley, Flame Breath, and Embers.

Give us a shout ingame and ennuid or I will get you set up with a 5 piece Hunding's Rage set, which is the go-to for stam classes.

drat. Thought so. And yeah, I don't have anything at the moment for Major Brutality. And you're right that most of my output is DOT. I don't really have any attacks that are big dealers outside of Snipe or whatever the morph of it that I have is called. That can get me about 10k average over 2-3 shots. It sucks because I'd love to roll pledges with you guys but when I was doing that with ennuid the other day I just felt superfluous. Then again I do have a lot of CP to go and most of what I've spent so far has been on Mighty and Piercing whatever-it's-called so in time I'm sure those will give me a boost.

Anyway yeah, I'll hit you guys up cause I don't have enough traits to make an HR set yet.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The Hidden Blade skill in Dual Wield gives you Major Brutality, but only for 10 seconds.

Really the main problem I see with Dual Wield is that it gives you no real damage abilities beyond Rapid Strikes and tends to be more focused on AoE with Steel Tornado which right now is the most powerful physical AoE in the game.

It's also a big reason why a lot of people are calling for more stamina options for class skils, since opting for a stamina build really limits you to one free bar (with 2H basically being mandatory for Rally, Wrecking Blow, and Executioner).

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Scyantific posted:

The Hidden Blade skill in Dual Wield gives you Major Brutality, but only for 10 seconds.

Really the main problem I see with Dual Wield is that it gives you no real damage abilities beyond Rapid Strikes and tends to be more focused on AoE with Steel Tornado which right now is the most powerful physical AoE in the game.

It's also a big reason why a lot of people are calling for more stamina options for class skils, since opting for a stamina build really limits you to one free bar (with 2H basically being mandatory for Rally, Wrecking Blow, and Executioner).

Forgot about that one. I have it slotted but don't use it as much because I tend to open combat with bow and then go to dw melee. I like Rapid Strikes due to the relatively short animation and pretty good output and combining it with Twin Slashes takes down stuff pretty quick.

And your drat right about class skills. My toon is a Bosmer so there's the racial stam bonuses that are pretty nice but all the DK stuff is mag based and that sucks because I literally have no AP in mag. Straight up 0/15/39. I just wanna be a super fast glass cannon and realize now that I probably should have rolled NB for that. Oh well, next time, I guess.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I started messing about with a Magicka dk over the weekend.

I am currently doing around 1-1.5+k on single targets above my level at lvl 30 using destro-resto on a Magicka dk build. Multiple targets is a bit higher because of AoE dots. I am hoping that goes up a lot by the time I hit vranks. I haven't tried it pvp adjusted yet. Maybe I will pop in to Wrothgar or Cyrodill today and try it.

You should be getting minor brutality from the dk passive in the earthen heart line. I use igneous weapons to trigger it and then use heavy attacks on whatever is in the AoE dot pool to maintain resources. The heavy attacks hit for about 2-3k currently and mobs are also burning from the dot pool.

I have yet to figure out what to use later for major brutality in the build, but it is important since the staves apparently key off of weapon damage. If you are Stam then rally and the dawnbreaker morph. I am using 5x Juliano's for spell and 3x night mother's gaze for some weapon damage/crit. All light armor, which makes me sad because I want heavy to work, but it's just not as good. All attribute points in Magicka. Can't remember cp points. I am closing in on 200 and I think I have them in staves and such things. I was running a regen build, but find that using a mix that emphasizes heavy attacks makes that redundant. I don't know how this sort of build will develop in vet ranks, but it is fun so far. I had really decided dual staves would not work, but am surprised to find I am liking it. Of course at lvl 30 I don't have access to all the skills and passives. Currently almost all the skills are dk dots and survivability. Only one destro in the mix on attack. 3 resto on defense at present. Things don't die immediately, but the damage is good and I can often lay down the AoE Dot pool and then just heal while they mostly die if I want.

Pre buff HoTs and armor.
Lay down the dot pool, which also slows. Currently:
Engulfing Flames
Wall of Elements morph... Haven't decided which is better, but using the one that creates a larger field currently. I may switch it out since I don't seem to be having trouble keeping targets locked in the pool.
Burning Talons
Ingneous Weapons
Heavy Attacks with flame staff.
Repeat if necessary.

Rebuff heals if necessary. Not using combat prayer yet, but this should boost it when I do. This is on a lizard, so I will eventually get some self heal buff, but no flame buff. Makes me want a bad elf sometimes, but I like the lizard.
For heals/defense:
Rapid Regen alway on
Volatile Armor always on
(Healing Springs if grouped)
Healing Ward
Blessing of Restoration (but will switch to combat prayer next respec.)
Coagulating Blood.

Mostly Rapid Regen and V Armor is plenty since I can move to distance after the pool is set.

Think I am currently running Autro mundus, but will probably switch out to one of the damage ones today and see how that goes.

Any advice?

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
And that's the way it was.
PS4 ESO goon here. Feel free to add me if you want heal spam on low level dungeons. "Kentmick"

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Welp, rolled a Dunmer stam (so far) NB DW/TH with abilities from both those and sword n' board. Medium armor of 2 pieces Death's Wind and 5 Night's Silence with dual swords and greatsword DWed for a 3-piece bonus. Weapons flame enchanted. So far, it's fun and doing 6-700 dps at lvl 4 is pretty good, too.

Edit: Haha yeah I got my glass canon build right. Doing 1.8k at lvl 10. This is fun.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Feb 24, 2016

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Where does set armor and flame weapon enchants come from? Playing as a super optimized lowbie sounds fun, but I still don't really get this game's auction/item system yet.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Siets posted:

Where does set armor and flame weapon enchants come from? Playing as a super optimized lowbie sounds fun, but I still don't really get this game's auction/item system yet.

For the armor, there are 3 special crafting stations in each zone that have particular bonuses based on the amount of items you wear/equip. However, these require a certain amount of traits learned in a particular crafting skill for each item. For example, on the sets I mentioned above, 2 known traits are required FOR EACH PIECE in that set. That's the lowest trait requirement for special sets with the max being 9 trait. I could craft higher trait-required sets but I like those 2 trait sets as they fit the bonuses I want for my character.

As for the enchantments, there are 2 ways of going about that. The easiest is to go to an enchanter's shop in a city and buy the glyph you want. There are glyphs for armor, weapons and jewelry specifically. To enchant an item, select that item in your Inventory screen and select Options and the Enchant command will bring up a menu of available glyphs for the item you wish to enchant.

The other way is to use your Enchanting skill and make glyphs yourself out of runes found in the world much like wood or clothing fibers and ore. The rest is the same as the above.

And yeah, there is a learning curve to how items and all of their various possibilities and combinations work. I'm still working on that, too. Not sure what you mean about the auction system, though. Do you mean Guild traders and stuff?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Siets posted:

They come from ennuid ingame.

Honestly though, unless you're willing to sperg out every 10 or so levels for gear, I'd recommend against doing the whole set item thing until at least level 40 or so.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
anyone on ps4 can craft level 38 heavy hrundings? i have the mats and can deal with tempering myself, i'm just trying to minmax right now

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Having set gear is really nice for doing alts and stuff, but honestly if its your first time through to 50 its not a real big deal.

Though being able to slot training on everything is nice.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

anyone on ps4 can craft level 38 heavy hrundings? i have the mats and can deal with tempering myself, i'm just trying to minmax right now

Is your PSN name "SuperFiveFive"?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
yeah, thats me. i think i sent you a message about it when i was farting around

ed: realized i had messaged you previously about it, my bad. psn is shite sometimes

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Feb 23, 2016

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

poo poo, my bad, I thought that was some rando. Yeah, I can do that, just let me know exactly what your after.

- Piece(s)
- Gear Level
- Quality Level (White, green, etc)
- Style
- Trait

Shoot me that info here and I'll let you know how much it'll run. Basically, I only charge for blue quality and up, some styles, and divines and nirnhoned. Other than that, I just craft for tips.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
six pieces minus greaves, level 38? if you can craft in Imperial, i'll take that, but otherwise i think i can convert it. infused should do okay.

if you green it i can take care of the rest. i have like 20k gold just sitting around after leveling some crafting today so if you want more than that i'll need a day or two.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

six pieces minus greaves, level 38? if you can craft in Imperial, i'll take that, but otherwise i think i can convert it. infused should do okay.

if you green it i can take care of the rest. i have like 20k gold just sitting around after leveling some crafting today so if you want more than that i'll need a day or two.

Six pieces? Not gonna stop you, but you only need five for the max set bonus. Anyway, I can do infused on everything except the shoulders and helmet. Can do the imperial style, too, no charge for that style. Otherwise, looks to me like nothing I normally charge for is here, so whatever you want to pay is good with me. Just let me know what traits you want for those two pieces I can't do infused on.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
impen should be fine. I only asked for a six piece because I could use the infused, I know you only need the five.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

impen should be fine. I only asked for a six piece because I could use the infused, I know you only need the five.

Okay, I'll double check to see if I have impen when I get home from work tonight, then I'll whip them up and send them your way.

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Where do you live? Do you have normal amenities, like a fridge and white skin?
Looks like it's available for $23 on Amazon sold by Bethesda: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0081Q58AW...com-na-npr-bc-f

I don't usually get things non-prime so make sure it's proper before giving them your moneh. I have no experience getting it this way, I got it through the Steam sale.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
The new Crown Store items that were datamined a while ago have now been announced: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/02/24/crown-store-showcase-february-24th-2016
Of note are the summonable Bank and Merchant NPCs.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Definitely looking forward to the summonable banker and merchant, they should be huge QoL boosts.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Is Talons bugged? When it works it's fantastic, but it seems to fail a lot. I know a bunch of critters are immune and that's not it. I know if they have already been cc'd it doesn't work. For a while I was fighting things 10 levels above my level and that makes sense, but it seems to fail a lot on same level snare-able critters.

E: switched it in rotation to before unstable wall and this seems to work much more reliably. Dunno why exactly.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Even if the cc effect doesn't work, the dot does, and it is great for aoe pulls for a magic DK.

• Locked thread