Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Gridlocked posted:

Follow up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g07KQpJjYi8

CJ lost the match over all but Madlife got Bard in this game and carried to ultimate victory. It's a 1hr game though so if you skip to like the 1 hour exactly mark you can watch the game winning play in all it's glory.

Edit: also the 48min mark on the VoD for epic Madlife game saves.

These are the kinds of games that make me real tempted to pick up Bard and then probably gently caress over my team continuously with bad ults.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Today in a tourney match I solo killed a s5 Masters Ahri with cleanse Lux at level 4. Then went 4-6 while they went 9-1, but poo poo, I had my moment of glory.

Zerilan posted:

These are the kinds of games that make me real tempted to pick up Bard and then probably gently caress over my team continuously with bad ults.

He actually doesn't have that high of a skill floor if you don't get too ambitious with him -- basic picks/tower dive etc. ultis are pretty straightforward, but when you do it in teamfights/cross-map/defensively poo poo gets dicey.

He's incredibly satisfying to play and learn -- he's the only champ I've actually gotten to mastery 5 on, and it's impossible to feel bad even in losing games, cuz you're Bard.

So much stuff to learn!

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Christ, exhaust/smite shyv is disgusting. Two 16 minute sated games in a row (against nidalee/volibear). No one can run from you, no one can kill you, and you take out 3/4ths of a kog'maw's health in one q with titanic hydra active.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Zerilan posted:

just be really basic with your ult. it has super long range but you are usually better off using it at medium ranges as a way to initiate ganks or prevent people from escaping unless you have a very clear idea what you are doing. really, more important is knowing how to use his q well and how to set up nice tunnels. try not to spend too much time loving off looking for chimes either because even though they are very lucrative it is very easy to remove yourself from the game by accident and completely eliminate your presence.

also, you can take thunderlords and just go hard on people from level 1 and out trade basically anybody. drop health relics behind your tower so you can stay nice and topped off and you are probably going to have a good laning phase. i got into playing bard around the same time i got into playing again and i do not think i have ever had a bad game with him

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Someone should play AP Yorick support please.

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 22, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Christ, exhaust/smite shyv is disgusting. Two 16 minute sated games in a row (against nidalee/volibear). No one can run from you, no one can kill you, and you take out 3/4ths of a kog'maw's health in one q with titanic hydra active.
she snuck back into the game after being hurt pretty badly after the "we hate the smite/top meta" nerfs. She's strong again by proxy of Riot never wanting more than three or four junglers to be viable per patch so they all get nerfed.

The jungle will only be balanced when they're removed from the game :v:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

RealFoxy posted:

she snuck back into the game after being hurt pretty badly after the "we hate the smite/top meta" nerfs. She's strong again by proxy of Riot never wanting more than three or four junglers to be viable per patch so they all get nerfed.

The jungle will only be balanced when they're removed from the game :v:

I played against a jungle Shyvana last night who absolutely wrecked my whole team but we had an AFK ADC so I couldn't really tell if the pick was good again or if it was just one of those games.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
ahahahaha this game

i didn't really know that i was doing ranked games until i got a promotion to silver (yes i am a bad) and this streamer in my promotion game starts linking his poo poo in chat

so i tell him, "please don't tilt, streamers always tilt when they do ranked and link it in chat"

sure enough, he tilts, and we had an undeniably chinese (and probably didn't understand a lick of english) adc that he was trying his damnedest to support

dear lord it was amazing

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Sexpansion posted:

I played against a jungle Shyvana last night who absolutely wrecked my whole team but we had an AFK ADC so I couldn't really tell if the pick was good again or if it was just one of those games.
shes a very strong devourer jungler that rushes Titanic Hydra and snowballs early with Exhaust and Challenging smite. She can transition into a pretty heavy tank afterwards too if the game manages to go late, I wouldn't be surprised if she were one of the top junglers on this patch.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I've only played against ~3 jungle shyvs. Every single one of them crushed us.

Naturally the one that I had on my own team afked after 10 minutes.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i bet runic echoes shyvana would be really funny, if only burnout scaled with ap

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

She's the second highest winrate behind Udyr right now for jg. She's overall very, very good but she doesn't gank very much before 6 since her duty is to get Devourer asap and farm it fully. I'd say she's second only to nunu in getting jungle objectives and she scales very well to the endgame so she's always viable, just watch for the commonly picked adc these days named Ezreal whose kit makes it very hard for Shyv to do her job. Source: I play her and jungle trundle a lot.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

RealFoxy posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if she were one of the top junglers on this patch.

Champ.gg agrees with you:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
What item is broken that makes Shyvana good again? That's pretty much always the question.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I would argue its her kit. You just stack attack speed on her, rush devourer, titanic hydra and swifties and you've got yourself a stomp.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

patch after patch her winrate has been pretty high honestly. doing the fast 6 clear lets you get into the game a lot sooner too.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Shyv gets passive extra armor and flying out of the jungle at these double/triple AD comps makes it real nice post 6, especially with how quick she gets sated.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kashuno posted:

Shyv gets passive extra armor and flying out of the jungle at these double/triple AD comps makes it real nice post 6, especially with how quick she gets sated.

I think this is a big part of it.

Also, tanks are just really good in soloqueue right now because of the nerfs to LW, and Shyv gets tanky as hell after finishing devourer.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

Libertine posted:

What item is broken that makes Shyvana good again? That's pretty much always the question.

They buffed Fervor of Battle at some point kind of recently too didn't they? AA -> Q -> AA should be a quick 6 stacks of Fervor against a champ, with some Burnout or whatever she'd hit 8 Fervor stacks nearly instantly, I think.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Xyretire posted:

They buffed Fervor of Battle at some point kind of recently too didn't they? AA -> Q -> AA should be a quick 6 stacks of Fervor against a champ, with some Burnout or whatever she'd hit 8 Fervor stacks nearly instantly, I think.

Except she would probably take strength of ages for the extra 300 HP, titanic damage and massive sustain, not going to stack to 8 if she melts too fast or lacks the tenacity.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Libertine posted:

Sated Devourer is the broken item, everything else is just another input for it to multiply

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I literally can't bring myself to play league. I open up the client, hit launch, sometimes get as far as champ select, before I go ugh what am I thinking? and close the window. I've done this three times today.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Sharzak posted:

I literally can't bring myself to play league. I open up the client, hit launch, sometimes get as far as champ select, before I go ugh what am I thinking? and close the window. I've done this three times today.

Good the next step is to uninstall

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Sharzak posted:

I think this is worse than actually playing league hth

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Sharzak posted:

Have you considered playing a different video game or perhaps going outside

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Sharzak posted:

have you considered killing your are ur self?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

have you considered killing your are ur self?

More like Dr. Kevorkian

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Kashuno posted:

actually, it's better

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Yeah but when you get into that first game and shitstomp the other team you go "oh right"

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Kashuno posted:

actually, it's better

Remarker
Feb 7, 2011

Sperglord Firecock posted:

ahahahaha this game

i didn't really know that i was doing ranked games until i got a promotion to silver (yes i am a bad) and this streamer in my promotion game starts linking his poo poo in chat

so i tell him, "please don't tilt, streamers always tilt when they do ranked and link it in chat"

sure enough, he tilts, and we had an undeniably chinese (and probably didn't understand a lick of english) adc that he was trying his damnedest to support

dear lord it was amazing

ok what streamer was it thought? GIVE US THE LINK

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
If he linked it in chat the number of viewers was probably 0-3

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
undeniably chinese

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Captivatingly Kenyan

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
THE FEEDIN FINNISH

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Autistic American

Remarker
Feb 7, 2011

Lovechop posted:

undeniably chinese

i dare you to deny it

i loving dare you

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
This incarnation of Kog is the dumbest thing to come to bot lane since Morde (though Graves pre-nerf was close)

Don't have to win lane, just let the 0/3 adc easily duel anyone on the opposing team to catch up

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?

kingcobweb posted:

This incarnation of Kog is the dumbest thing to come to bot lane since Morde (though Graves pre-nerf was close)

Don't have to win lane, just let the 0/3 adc easily duel anyone on the opposing team to catch up

My friend has been using this concept to do Kog everywhere. Doesn't matter what happens in lane. He's still Kog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Riot reworked Kog to the point that he can't be balanced. Good work Riot. But at least now we no longer have old Kog, whose kit was too generic, which is definitely the reason he got reworked. Sure.

• Locked thread