Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

This weekend I've been staying in a rented cabin with some friends, and before we leave tomorrow I'm thinking about writing out the entirety of the Sickening and Heartbreaking Truths of the Fourth Stimpire in the guestbook.

Thoughts?

The universe, I'm sorry, the 'verse, nope, once more, the 'laxy needs to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

whats posting about posting about posting

It's when you post about people posting about posting

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Eonwe posted:

wowee, an app for getting star citizen news

It has Xbox One support.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Berious posted:

It's when you post about people posting about posting

:bernpop:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...izen-s-universe

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

peter gabriel posted:

Here is my LETS PLAY of Line Of A Fence

It was a hard video to make, I ended up with 18 minutes and just cut out dull bits / loading screens mainly.

I decided to do an editorial on Derek at the start in case people do not know who he is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRFCmI544HI

pgabz what is music at 6:37? tia.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

Great accommodations, loved the electricity. O4.

Great accomodations, except the cafe did not serve civil meat, and the electricity was not the worst kind. Disappointing. Beds were comfortable though.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

Jodrell Bank is a famous radio telescope in the North of England, it was effectively one of the first and largest radio telescope installations in the world, and represents a geeky but enlightening trip into the yesteryear of astronomy.

Last time I was up there ~ 1997 ~ we spent an inordinate amount of time reading the guestbook, which was filled with quasi-religious nonsense from a church group that had been through. Stuff like, 'You know this is all false, so why perpetrate this hoax?' etc.

Guestbooks are great and worth reading through, then lying outrageously in.

Do it. Do it.

We were reading the guestbook out by the fire pit last night. It's pretty good. Most of it is boring regular stuff, but one guy wrote out a three page "Donner Party" style journal, which was hilarious.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Please ask him to add SA to the social media hub

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

zcrow posted:

pgabz what is music at 6:37? tia.

A song I really like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOHg-2ZtGl8

YEAH!

Cobblers
Feb 5, 2016

Come commandos, on wings of joy we'll fly
To where my bower hangs on high;
Come, and make thy calm retreat,
Among procedurally generated green leaves and blossoms sweet.

Toops posted:

This will be Solar Plebeian's AtV

Also reposting this to make sure Cobblers sees it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcDagB0rVvQ

Holy gently caress, this is the best thing. Thank you for taking the time to realise a feature that CIG so carelessly abandoned. Also, I like how the joke ship UI is still genuinely better than the unusable garbage croberts insists on clogging your screen with.

Cobblers fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 22, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Someone take the .gif of Ben getting up and rotate it so that it looks like he's being attacked by Klingons.

Basically this in reverse:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

birds are already in the PU so im annoyed when people ask wher are they

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Given the number of people who actually played Eve, and the amount of complaining these people do about goons, and the actual things goons did to affect people in Eve, there is a very real chance every CIG enthusiast that complains about goons in Eve has never, in fact, been affected by goons in any way.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

This weekend I've been staying in a rented cabin with some friends, and before we leave tomorrow I'm thinking about writing out the entirety of the Sickening and Heartbreaking Truths of the Fourth Stimpire in the guestbook.

Thoughts?

I have a "thought"; it would seem unkind to those reaidng you're Writing if they were not to also Experience the "joy" of reading it handwritten "B'Tak"-style because he's writing is Very helpful when trying to get a Point across

At Least, that's how I "see" it...................

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

Here is my LETS PLAY of Line Of A Fence

It was a hard video to make, I ended up with 18 minutes and just cut out dull bits / loading screens mainly.

I decided to do an editorial on Derek at the start in case people do not know who he is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRFCmI544HI

Who the hell did D_Smart learn to code from? Chris Roberts? There must be tons of offscreen hand waving going on.

I almost BOUGHT that game.

edit: Too be fair, im still considering buying it to help support Mr. Smart. But your ban policies have me a little leery. You ban for trolling yet your a trolling goon of the biggest caliber.

How can a goon who trolls be able to ban people for trolling?

grimcreaper fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 22, 2016

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

Mendrian posted:

Given the number of people who actually played Eve, and the amount of complaining these people do about goons, and the actual things goons did to affect people in Eve, there is a very real chance every CIG enthusiast that complains about goons in Eve has never, in fact, been affected by goons in any way.

Goons changed the balance of power in the galaxy, so yeah - a lot of players were affected. I might be missing the point entirely though!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jonny Nox posted:

Sandi is plastic

Money is...token Money?

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Who wanna take a ride up in fat lesnicks kfc bucket?

This is our time down here!

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

tastychicken posted:

Goons changed the balance of power in the galaxy, so yeah - a lot of players were affected. I might be missing the point entirely though!

Mendrian is saying that there are more people complaining about goons in EVE than there are people who play EVE.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The movie Commando doesn't even have mocap or Sandi Roberts. I was very disappointed just now. But the FPS elements made me excited for Star Marine

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Who wanna take a ride up in fat lesnicks kfc bucket?

This is our time down here!

speaking of fat & kfc those nashville hot chicken commercials have their hooks in me

Booblord Zagats posted:

The movie Commando doesn't even have mocap or Sandi Roberts. I was very disappointed just now. But the FPS elements made me excited for Star Marine

looking forward to the log carrying minigame and chainmail tank tops in the space store.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

CashEnsign posted:

Can we begin calling the ships autism chariots? I would love to see this meme live on.

Whereas the term autism chariots is hilarious, I can't help but feel like "autism" has become the equivalent of calling someone/something "gay" in the 90's. Though that autism spectrum sure does make it easy. So carry on.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
When I think the thread is bad, I like to write numerous posts about how bad the thread is, so nobody gets away with thinking the thread is actually good

Thus, the writers of the thread can read my feedback, adjusting their writing to better suit my tastes

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mendrian posted:

The reputation travels further and faster than reality and has overshadowed some far more amusing lols.

Anshe Chung was a persona that someone started up in second life that was 'internet rich' and decided to hold a press conference online with CNET. Within minutes, goons dropped dicks all over the meeting space, and when she decided to leave and host it in her space, they dropped pictures of her holding huge dicks.

NSFW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RedLyae4b2s
NSFW

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/techbeat/archives/2006/11/second_lifes_fi.html

NSFW warning: penis.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

A good post

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I like to think that I'm an important part of the thread's dynamic and that people would appreciate me more if they weren't so emotionally attached to their own posts and more able to see the thread's trajectory objectively (by which I mean like I see it)

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Wafflz posted:

looking forward to the log carrying minigame and chainmail tank tops in the space store.

Same

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Posting cattes for good measure. This thread is too negative as of late.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

What is wrong with these people? How can they possibly think this would make a good game? And how the gently caress would you sell it to anyone not already obsessed?

"You should totally buy Star Citizen! It's this really cool space game where you can do anything!"
"Ok, I'll give it a try for fifty bucks."
"Oh, if you just buy the basic package you'll have to basically be someone's slave until you save up enough money to buy a lovely ship and get your rear end kicked by people who've spent thousands of dollars on their fleet."
"Think I'll give that a miss, I hate pay-to-win games."
"gently caress YOU YOU loving GOON, IT'S NOT PAY-TO-WIN, IT'S IMMERSIVE!!!"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I post about the thread being bad because it is, and thats basically what I've always done

it was bad when people here though star citizen was good
it was good when people thought star citizen was bad and funny things were happening
its bad now that people think that star citizen is bad and funny things aren't happening

pgbaz aside

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Hav posted:

The reputation travels further and faster than reality and has overshadowed some far more amusing lols.

Anshe Chung was a persona that someone started up in second life that was 'internet rich' and decided to hold a press conference online with CNET. Within minutes, goons dropped dicks all over the meeting space, and when she decided to leave and host it in her space, they dropped pictures of her holding huge dicks.

NSFW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RedLyae4b2s
NSFW

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/techbeat/archives/2006/11/second_lifes_fi.html

NSFW warning: penis.

Goons ruin everything. :laffo:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Eonwe posted:

I post about the thread being bad because it is, and thats basically what I've always done

it was good when people thought star citizen was bad and funny things were happening
its bad now that people think that star citizen is bad and funny things aren't happening

pgbaz aside

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

darkarchon posted:

Posting cattes for good measure. This thread is too negative as of late.

I approve of this development

A while ago a hedgehog walked up to me and began nibbling at my toes :3:

sorry for lovely image quality:

Someone must have been feeding it for it to be so tame :(

Anyway it was incredibly cute. I made sure to scare it slightly though, to not make matters worse

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Eonwe posted:

pgbaz aside

this post made me very angry and i'm gonna put you on ignore

just kidding!!!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

That's a good post. Also notable is the dozens of posts after that agreeing and complaining about the fake transparency, constant reworks, endless scope creep. Still have the odd retard telling everyone they don't understand software development and how no visible progress is completely normal, but they're in the minority. It's really striking how skeptical the official forums are now.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

pgbaz aside

meh - we're just waiting for the other shoe to drop. This is CIG after all so theoretically we shouldn't have too long to wait. In other news Goons can turn fast enough to generate electricity.

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.
This thread is not very interesting right now because the lack of star citizen content has been discussed to death and there is nothing else to discuss because of the lack of star citizen content.

Things like Dolvak stepping down are honestly boring as gently caress, but that's pretty much the most interesting thing going on right now. There's no game to discuss, and Chris Roberts has broken so many promises already that the semi-regular broken promises aren't interesting either.

CIG needs to produce something that's actually worth discussing.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I approve of this development

A while ago a hedgehog walked up to me and began nibbling at my toes :3:

sorry for lovely image quality:

Someone must have been feeding it for it to be so tame :(

Anyway it was incredibly cute. I made sure to scare it slightly though, to not make matters worse

I haven't seen a hedgehog for years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

this post made me very angry and i'm gonna put you on ignore

just kidding!!!

you kidder

• Locked thread