Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/AsaHutchinson/status/701853528071884801

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Here's the Finn who is donating money to Ted Cruz:

https://twitter.com/mikkolaakso

Unfortunately he speaks Finnish which, as a speaker of all 3 Scandinavian languages, I can solemnly assert is a loser garbage language from the fuckshits of hell that no one should ever try to speak, so I can't tell what kind of terrorism he's plotting.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

pathetic little tramp posted:

Unfortunately he speaks Finnish which, as a speaker of all 3 Scandinavian languages, I can solemnly assert is a loser garbage language from the fuckshits of hell that no one should ever try to speak, so I can't tell what kind of terrorism he's plotting.

:agreed:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The FEC has no teeth whatsoever, but Trump should be able to harp on this pretty well.

But isn't gently caress Ted Cruz being a bipartisan issue get around its issue?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

I have a feeling we're going to start seeing Trump clear the 50% thresholds in the later if(vote > 50%){take all the delegates} states, though. The chances of a brokered convention are pretty low.

If Trump really did enter into the convention as the nominee, I like to imagine just how badly the GOP establishment would be having a meltdown.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

mannerup posted:

for people wondering about statements that would actually sink Trump's campaign, backing away from building a wall would be one of them

I don't buy it. The cult of personality is strong enough to withstand that. Also, deep down inside, none of his supporters actually believe the wall will ever get built. They just love the fact that he's created a media environment where he can repeatedly talk about a wall and it's just kind of accepted by the pundits at this point. He's made a mockery of the whole system and that's the root of the attraction to him.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Looks like the type of man who would politely tell his supporters to hunker down against the wave of Muslim hordes.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have been doing a lot of thinking and it seems like Donald Trump would be the best president out of the lot. Is this correct or is there a piece of information I might have overlooked?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TheTatteredKing posted:

But isn't gently caress Ted Cruz being a bipartisan issue get around its issue?

yeah, while all three republican commissioners deeply believe in gently caress campaign finance laws, i'm sure a meeting with ted can bump that down to only #2 on their list of deeply held beliefs

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Jeff Miller (R-FL), chair of the House Veterans Affairs Committee, also just endorsed Rubio.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Random question for your encyclopedic knowledge. What did endorsements look like between Goldwater and Rockefeller?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

DrPlump posted:

I have been doing a lot of thinking and it seems like Donald Trump would be the best president out of the lot. Is this correct or is there a piece of information I might have overlooked?

Out of the republicans yeah I think he's probably the best choice of those remaining.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/emersonpolling/status/701813803000811520

The genius media heads always like to harp on my unfavorables... :smug:

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

DrPlump posted:

I will be the best President God ever created.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
well who is there left other than trump

Cruz, who is Cruz
Rubio, whose campaign slogan is literally "a new American century"
John "kitchens" "we should be converting china to christianity" Kasich
The Sleepy Doctor

also with trump you get to see the GOP establishment and lots of tedious american political scientists pissing and whining, win win really

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'm going to do an oiled impression and asset the statement last year from the FEC lamenting their toothlessness was a trap for the ratman who couldn't resist getting any underhanded advantage he could.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/jacobkornbluh/status/701853282357092352

seven minutes in heaven?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I need to know whether or not this took place in a closet.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Joementum, what kind leverage does the party have over Kasich in terms of getting him out of the race sooner rather than later? This goes for Carson as well, but I assume they have less to offer Friend Ben. As long as these two continue the soak up even 5-10% of the vote, it seems like Rubio will have a hard time transforming these new endorsements into actual delegate momentum.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

A Rubio/Cruz unity ticket to try and force Donald Trump out would be dreams come true.

Mendicant
Sep 22, 2015

by zen death robot
wtf is it with cruz and closets
I would _not_ get in a closet with cruz.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mendicant posted:

If I had to be in a closet with Ted Cruz for thirty minutes, there's a good chance I would try to eat my own head.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Schnorkles posted:

A Rubio/Cruz unity ticket to try and force Donald Trump out would be dreams come true.

Yeah right, it was totally Cruz tryin to cajole Rubio into taking VP.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
people are bad at having private meetings

also, let us dispel with the notion that the simpsons don't know what they're doing. they know exactly what they're doing

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/davecatanese/status/701862551101943810
lol what a weirdo

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

site posted:

Yeah right, it was totally Cruz tryin to cajole Rubio into taking VP.

this would also be dreams come true.

It is totally unlikely in any case, but it would be absolute hilarity.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Donald Trump posted:

https://twitter.com/emersonpolling/status/701813803000811520

The genius media heads always like to harp on my unfavorables... :smug:

From August:

Dahbadu posted:

You guys really need to stop paying attention to "unfavorables" or whatever other red herring you want to focus on.

An ad blitz isn't going to help much as long as opinion shapers on the right aren't also trying to tear Trump down.

Dahbadu posted:

I was criticizing favorability metrics as indicators or predictors of real value. They also fluctuate a bit too much for my liking. When you can ask a question "Who do you plan to vote for?" and the answer to that answers your question, well, there you go. Use that. Don't ask a completely different question and then use hundreds of words to rationalize that it answers that question.

From Dec:

Dahbadu posted:

I've said from the very beginning that Trump's theoretical ceiling of support would be in line with a generic but strong Republican candidate, including his support among Hispanics that vote GOP. Looks like recent polling is shaping up to paint this picture.

There's too many people watching and the longer Trump is winning, the more Trump overcomes his unfavorables among the base. People like a winner.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Astroclassicist posted:

Ted Cruz getting donations from Finland?!?!

Heidi Cruz is 1/4 Finnish! It all adds up!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Mendicant posted:

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Well this is a terrifying image

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

:lol: Holy poo poo the guy who is literally being cucked by a black guy who voted for Hillary.

Does it get any more perfect than that?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

hosed up what HBO is doing with Sesame Street

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

DrPlump posted:

He would be by far, there's no comparison.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Thanks, I wasn't planning on ever sleeping again

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

doe eyed elder baby mcconnell

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Still holding out hope Trump gets schlonged by the establishment and runs independent.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!
How wierd would it be to have to gently caress ted cruz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO_MkcZh-VY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

mango sentinel posted:

Still holding out hope Trump gets schlonged by the establishment and runs independent.

I don't see any way Trump loses at this point and he DOESN'T blame it on the establishment. We're on the 101st floor of Trump Towers now baby, and we're jumping

• Locked thread