Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Talmonis posted:

I keep hoping as hard as I can that he'll excommunicate a few of the hyper-conservative Bishops for defying the holy see so openly. :flashfap:
He'd have to do it to all the pedophile priests first, and lol that ain't gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

computer parts posted:

So will you toxx that Florida will be won by Republicans?

No, because I never said they would. I said that there's a large effort to prevent Hispanics and other minorities from voting, which is based on election history (2008, 2012, 2014 that I'm aware of) as well as ongoing events, so the assumption that Florida will be safe in the event of a Trump run is not a good one to make. Trump at this point is causing so much chaos it's hard to tell just what will happen, but I don't think Republicans will fail to fall in line and support him should that happen. There's too much riding on this election.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Reminder from Feb 2

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Decent article from NY Magazine.

Single Women are now the Most Potent Political Force in America

Should append the postscript: "....if they loving show up to vote."

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

SedanChair posted:

Reminder from Feb 2

I need to up my prescription dosage then.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Cruz is falling apart today. First he apologized to Rubio for his unsuccessful ratfuck, now he just fired his communications director

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
hahhahaa Cruz is firing rick tyler hahahah

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Pervis posted:

No, because I never said they would. I said that there's a large effort to prevent Hispanics and other minorities from voting, which is based on election history (2008, 2012, 2014 that I'm aware of) as well as ongoing events, so the assumption that Florida will be safe in the event of a Trump run is not a good one to make. Trump at this point is causing so much chaos it's hard to tell just what will happen, but I don't think Republicans will fail to fall in line and support him should that happen. There's too much riding on this election.

See this is why it's boring. It boils down to "we just can't really know man, but imagine if it went bad!!!"

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Fried Chicken posted:

Cruz is falling apart today. First he apologized to Rubio for his unsuccessful ratfuck, now he just fired his communications director

Cruz needed to finish first in SC or come in a very strong 2nd. I imagine that they're in panic mode over in whatever rat's nest they've set their campaign HQ up in.

CaPensiPraxis
Feb 7, 2013

When in france...

Tempest_56 posted:

It was absolutely a thing during W. I was told "You might not agree with his policies but you HAVE TO respect the office of the President" by my right-leaning co-workers on a large number of occasions. (Unsurprisingly that attitude vanished the moment there wasn't a Republican was a black man in the White House.)

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Fried Chicken posted:

I wonder if someone called him from the RNC and told them they're primary him if he didn't get the gently caress out of the race.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

What the gently caress happened with the Cruz-Rubio thing? I look away for one day and everything gets crazier and Cruz is firing folks and he's being investigated for some sort of finnish financial fraud and some poo poo?

McAlister
Nov 3, 2002

by exmarx
On the topic of voter suppression, the Texas GOP went after the woman's vote by creating rules that are burdensome to anyone who has changed their legal name. Basically the VRA struck it down in 2011 but after preclearance went bye bye they passed it again in 2013.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/29/texas-voter-id-law-women-vote

After looking at the voting patterns that got Richards elected governor it occurs to me that this may have been a miscalculation on their part as married women are the one female demographic they lead in.. Slightly, only a few percent, but still that's a GOP leaning demographic.

The law is currently in effect as far as I can tell and its effect in suppressing the minority vote is clearly outweighing suppression of married women .... But in talking to people who think voter ID is reasonable framing it in terms of a case where people who vote "right" are suppressed could be useful.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Not really. The right wing rage machine was in rare loving form for Clinton and his entire family (including Chelsea) where at least Obama's kids have been spared. It's really the fact that republicans have built up in their minds that not only are they ideologically opposed to democrats, democrats are enemies of the state that must be defeated at all cost.

I mean poo poo, just look at how much militia membership swells under democratic presidents vs. republican presidents.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Obama's kids have been "spared" inasmuch as they've completely stayed out of the spotlight. Michelle most certainly has not been spared.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Remember when the Bush twins got busted using fake IDs and the only consequence was the manager who busted them got fired?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Radbot posted:

Obama's kids have been "spared" inasmuch as they've completely stayed out of the spotlight. Michelle most certainly has not been spared.

How was Chelsea at 12 years old in the spotlight when Rush called her a bitch?

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Teddybear posted:

What the gently caress happened with the Cruz-Rubio thing? I look away for one day and everything gets crazier and Cruz is firing folks and he's being investigated for some sort of finnish financial fraud and some poo poo?

Now that Jeb! is out what's left of the establishment GOP is circling the wagons around Rubio in a desperate attempt to stump the Trump. Cruz and Kasich are going to find themselves under pressure to drop out (nobody is going to bother putting pressure on Ben Carson because he's one or two xanax away from eternal sleep anyway) sooner rather than later.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

A Winner is Jew posted:

Who said she was?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Ok update: at a Vegas event Cruz said he had asked for Rick Tyler's resignation following South Carolina, where Tyler had been pushing some fabricated quotes of Rubio demeaning the bible.

One problem: Tyler was unaware or unprepared for this. He was at MSNBC when Cruz made the announcement and promptly bolted from the studio when asked about it

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Fried Chicken posted:

Ok update: at a Vegas event Cruz said he had asked for Rick Tyler's resignation following South Carolina, where Tyler had been pushing some fabricated quotes of Rubio demeaning the bible.

One problem: Tyler was unaware or unprepared for this. He was at MSNBC when Cruz made the announcement and promptly bolted from the studio when asked about it

lol if this happened on the air

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Let's dispel this notion that there are answers in the Bible.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Fried Chicken posted:

Dear sweet Jesus please tell me he was giving an interview when he was told.

:argh: E: f/b

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Teddybear posted:

Some idiot right-wing (but I repeat myself) Finnish parliamentary aide donated 200 bucks to Cruz's campaign and they apparently had no safeguards to prevent a person with a foreign address giving them money.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

A Winner is Jew posted:

According to Al Franken's book "Lies, and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them", Rush called her a cow, actually.

But yeah, attacking minors is loving low.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Rhesus Pieces posted:

lol if this happened on the air

https://twitter.com/joanwalsh/status/701867392012578816

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Not sure if this one's been brought up here yet, but John Kasich said something stupid again

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

BabelFish posted:

Not sure if this one's been brought up here yet, but John Kasich said something stupid again

Look at the moderate!

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Kasich 2016: Leave Your Kitchen And Buy A Seatbelt

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I really hope the 'say he demeaned the Bible' thing was Daddy Cruz's idea because he is too old to understand how media works today.

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america

BabelFish posted:

I don't see why its so stupid. He's saying that's the way it was in the 70s, not the way it is or should be.

e: (It's stupid because you can make a bad soundbite out of it, but in context...)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

BabelFish posted:

Maybe someone should tell him that by the time he ran that campaign in '78, women had already been "voting" for 60 years.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Need video stat don't leave me hanging here MSNBC.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
A Republican presidential candidate said something misogynist, we've got him now!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

BabelFish posted:

quote:

Asked later Monday about the Twitter post by Mrs. Clinton’s campaign, Mr. Kasich told reporters, “I completely agree”

Well that's that. He agreed with Hillary. :fork: He's loving done.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

SedanChair posted:

A Republican presidential candidate said something misogynist, we've got him now!

Anyone but Trump...

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Joe Biden, 1992: http://www.vox.com/2016/2/22/11094898/joe-biden-supreme-court

quote:

C-SPAN has resurfaced video of a floor speech delivered by then-Senate Judiciary Committee Chair Joe Biden on June 25, 1992. In it, Biden explicitly calls on then-President George H.W. Bush to not nominate anyone to fill whatever Supreme Court vacancies should arise between then and the presidential election in November, and suggests that if Bush did put forth a nominee, the Judiciary Committee might not hold hearings.
Sen. Joe Biden in 1992 says President Bush should "not name a nominee until after the November election..."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SedanChair posted:

Reminder from Feb 2

None of this is real, it's just a collective fever dream by the theatre audience

The election will end with someone spinning a top before they go into the voting booth, it will cut to black before we find out if it drops

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

I'm truly shocked that politicians will say and do whatever it takes to benefit their team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Considering the shitshow of the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings, that position was much more understandable in 1992.

• Locked thread