Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Ted Cruz will probably be worse if becomes President. He'll help push through every hateful, stupid, spiteful idea that comes to his desk. Trump won't go after gays and abortion and probably other things, but he'll come up with new hateful, stupid, spiteful ideas Congress never thought of, like extorting our third biggest trading partner into building a wall for us, so it's a tough call.

But the thing is that while Cruz will destroy everything if and when he becomes president, Trump is already making the world a worse place now by legitimizing all this demented bullshit, so that's why I hate to see him win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

Ted Cruz will probably be worse if becomes President. He'll help push through every hateful, stupid, spiteful idea that comes to his desk. Trump won't go after gays and abortion and probably other things, but he'll come up with new hateful, stupid, spiteful ideas Congress never thought of, like extorting our third biggest trading partner into building a wall for us, so it's a tough call.

But the thing is that while Cruz will destroy everything if and when he becomes president, Trump is already making the world a worse place now by legitimizing all this demented bullshit, so that's why I hate to see him win.

It's an awful thing, but Donald Trump at least wouldn't destroy the lives of white people too much. Like Nixon? The clean up won't be too bad IMO. Perhaps we'd get a better healthcare system or some other "Nixon"-like programs out of the deal to boot. (Nixon and Trump's ego are very similiar in that regard)

Ted Cruz would make the lives of everyone miserable. Everyone. Like we'd be living in a scene from the "Road Warrior" in our day to day lives after his presidency was all said and done.

And I hate saying the former but it's true. It's lovely as hell.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
It's also worth mentioning that Ted Cruz is more electable than Donald Trump. Nominating Trump over anyone else is a bad sign for American politics, but in the long run it would be far, far better for him to be nominated and lose than for Cruz to be nominated and win.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

computer parts posted:

You seem really invested in showing how Idiocracy totally can't be racist.

OR just that your insinuations are super loving dumb and conducive to literally nothing. Either or.

Like if you succeeded in convincing people Mike Judge is totally racist you gain what? Liberal e-cred? Elitist Nerd cred for hating on a movie it's popular to hate? What?

mr. mephistopheles fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Feb 22, 2016

Ran Mad Dog
Aug 15, 2006
Algeapea and noodles - I will take your udon!
computer parts is literally a diagnosed autistic, I wouldn't think too hard into it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's an awful thing, but Donald Trump at least wouldn't destroy the lives of white people too much. Like Nixon? The clean up won't be too bad IMO. Perhaps we'd get a better healthcare system or some other "Nixon"-like programs out of the deal to boot. (Nixon and Trump's ego are very similiar in that regard)

Ted Cruz would make the lives of everyone miserable. Everyone. Like we'd be living in a scene from the "Road Warrior" in our day to day lives after his presidency was all said and done.

One difference between Trump and Nixon is that Nixon had decades of political experience prior to becoming President. The Congress he worked with was also much more moderate.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I know Mike Judge has been on the Alex Jones show before which sounds questionable for any human being to do but I don't know the context or what they actually discussed

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

I know Mike Judge has been on the Alex Jones show before which sounds questionable for any human being to do but I don't know the context or what they actually discussed

Mike Judge and Alex Jones are friends in the Texas entertainment scene I think. Also Donald Trump appeared on Infowars a couple months ago so :shepface:

Parachute
May 18, 2003
He made King of the Hill, so I can never hate or even really dislike the man.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

StandardVC10 posted:

One difference between Trump and Nixon is that Nixon had decades of political experience prior to becoming President. The Congress he worked with was also much more moderate.

Yeah but who needs political experience when you're such an awesome businessman? We want to run the country like a business right? Just get someone who says, loudly and constantly, that he's great at making a deal.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

McDowell posted:

Mike Judge and Alex Jones are friends in the Texas entertainment scene I think. Also Donald Trump appeared on Infowars a couple months ago so :shepface:

You'd think Donald Trump would be like one of the biggest conspiracy targets possible but I guess not

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

vyelkin posted:

It's also worth mentioning that Ted Cruz is more electable than Donald Trump. Nominating Trump over anyone else is a bad sign for American politics, but in the long run it would be far, far better for him to be nominated and lose than for Cruz to be nominated and win.

Do you honestly think Cruz is more "electable"? I remember they said Romney looked "electable" but America wizened up pretty quickly to the fact that he was an awkward stooge for corporate interests. Given that many people within his own party already hate Cruz with the intensity of a thousand burning suns, I don't think his brand of sleazy holier-than-thou grandstanding is going to work with the general public.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

I remember hearing Alex Jones brag how Mike Judge based a King of the Hill character on him and thought that was pretty lovely until I realized he meant Dale Gribble.

Then it was hilarious.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

the jizz taxi posted:

Do you honestly think Cruz is more "electable"? I remember they said Romney looked "electable" but America wizened up pretty quickly to the fact that he was an awkward stooge for corporate interests. Given that many people within his own party already hate Cruz with the intensity of a thousand burning suns, I don't think his brand of sleazy holier-than-thou grandstanding is going to work with the general public.

Yeah, that's just it. Cruz is underwater on favorables/unfavorables within his own party, and is consistent/devoted enough in his own brand of conservatism that there will be no leftward pivot in general election rhetoric. He's got very poor general election chances and no crossover appeal.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
One thing Cruz might have over Trump in the minds of some voters is that he has a bare minimum on knowledge on the functions of the US government.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Dr Christmas posted:

One thing Cruz might have over Trump in the minds of some voters is that he has a bare minimum on knowledge on the functions of the US government.

At least enough to know how to shut it down. :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

FuzzySkinner posted:

Trump might actually be an alright black people president. His abhorrent talk tends to be xenophobic rather than white supremacist as such.

Good luck with being Hispanic, Asian, or (Allah help you) Muslim, though!

Edit: And I'm not using "xenophobic" lightly, although if I were, it's still the only word I can think of that appropriately covers the categories. Muslims? Scary terrorists (and reactionaries, which is funny to see the GOP upset about). Hispanics (immigrants, but good luck being a local)? Rapists, drug dealers, and generally economic nogooders. Chinese (again, good luck being Korean or Thai or whatever)? Slightly better than the other groups, but cagey inscrutable fuckers robbing us blind and plotting to take over the world.

America good. Non-Americans, at best, potentially opposed. That probably qualifies as xenophobia, I'd think.

Double edit: Even his birther poo poo about Obama, while mysteriously pointed at the first nonwhite President, was rhetorically focused on "is not American" rather than "blacks bad".

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 22, 2016

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Trump might actually be an alright black people president. His abhorrent talk tends to be xenophobic rather than white supremacist as such.

Good luck with being Hispanic, Asian, or (Allah help you) Muslim, though!

Edit: And I'm not using "xenophobic" lightly, although if I were, it's still the only word I can think of that appropriately covers the categories. Muslims? Scary terrorists (and reactionaries, which is funny to see the GOP upset about). Hispanics (immigrants, but good luck being a local)? Rapists, drug dealers, and generally economic nogooders. Chinese (again, good luck being Korean or Thai or whatever)? Slightly better than the other groups, but cagey inscrutable fuckers robbing us blind and plotting to take over the world.

America good. Non-Americans, at best, potentially opposed. That probably qualifies as xenophobia, I'd think.

Double edit: Even his birther poo poo about Obama, while mysteriously pointed at the first nonwhite President, was rhetorically focused on "is not American" rather than "blacks bad".

This is older, but I don't think Donald Trump will be good for black people.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Rubber Tucky posted:

This is older, but I don't think Donald Trump will be good for black people.

Huh, noted. Thanks for the second article especially.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trump is 100% going to throw LGBT under the bus because he doesn't care about it so will negotiate it away for stuff he does care about.

Also we'll end up with a worse healthcare system - he's said that for sure he's just going to go with the same HSA scam that all the other candidates are for

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Epic High Five posted:

Trump is 100% going to throw LGBT under the bus because he doesn't care about it so will negotiate it away for stuff he does care about.

Also we'll end up with a worse healthcare system - he's said that for sure he's just going to go with the same HSA scam that all the other candidates are for

has he actualy said anything real about his healthcare plan?
all i hear is him sucking his own dick.

but honestly i view it in they way CS lewis viewed it.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”

trump would be awful. but he is in it for himself. cruz would want yo "cure" the goverment and people.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Feb 23, 2016

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

has he actualy said anything real about his healthcare plan?
all i hear is him sucking his own dick.

He's started touting HSAs (:jerkbag:) which are only worthwhile for young healthy peeps.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

He's started touting HSAs (:jerkbag:) which are only worthwhile for young healthy peeps.

so i would be hosed. as someone with a medical disability. nice.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so i would be hosed. as someone with a medical disability. nice.

P much.

This is the party that things HDHP plans are 'cadillac' plans. gently caress them.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Reminder that Trump has retweeted literal white supremacist accounts twice now.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

P much.

This is the party that things HDHP plans are 'cadillac' plans. gently caress them.

i turn 26 next year. so i will be thrown off my parents plan and either try to find a company who will take me, or suck the tit of the goverment.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

Reminder that Trump has retweeted literal white supremacist accounts twice now.

i am sure its more then that?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am sure its more then that?

Probably.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

well how much does he retweet himself

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DrNutt posted:

It's truly bizarre. I find myself constantly feeling that bigger salaries only correlate with a person's skill at bullshitting and being an insufferable oval office. We absolutely do not live in anything remotely resembling a just world.

There are studies out there that straight up say that as salary goes up, productivity goes down in many professions. Also people who make more money have more a tendency that they deserve what they have, and how it was earned by them, no matter the actual circumstances.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

While Walsh flips out over Trump, Crowder is giving up completely

quote:

At this point, I'm done with the race altogether. No one to support. Focus on culture.

Honestly I'd like to see @marcorubio and @tedcruz just be decent to each other. Making people like me done with politics in general.

Looking at Bob Dole, Rick Tyler trends and Cruz/Rubio debacle, get used to your new president... Mrs. Hillary Clinton.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Hey guys! You remember those posts earlier about how Milo Yiannopoulos was going to a college campus for some bullshit debate?

Well guess who's coming to my Campus!

quote:

Hosted by the Pitt College Republicans.

Freedom of Speech is dying on college campuses across the world. Debate, logic, and facts are being shoved aside in the name of political correctness. "Safe spaces" have instilled students with the notion that they can hide from thoughts that they don't like, and fear of offending individuals has halted intellectual conversation.

Milo Yiannopoulos, conservative activist, journalist, gay icon, and professional provocateur, is coming to University of Pittsburgh to tell students how they can help fight this encroachment on higher education.

Milo Yiannopoulos is a journalist, broadcaster and satirist who appears regularly on television and radio discussing society, media, politics and technology. He is a senior editor at Breitbart News, a Los Angeles-based conservative news service. Milo has written extensively for the Telegraph and his writing has appeared in the Wall Street Journal, the Times, WIRED, the Observer, the Spectator, Attitude and many other places.

Milo has been called a “rising star of the Right” by the Spectator, the “pit bull of tech media” by the Observer, “digital media’s Citizen Kane” by Forbes magazine, “the ultimate troll” by Fusion and a “cynical, ignorant fucker” by Stephen Fry.

I'm just gonna go and drill my own eyes out now.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Xanderkish posted:

Milo Yiannopoulos

gay icon

hahaha no

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

While Walsh flips out over Trump, Crowder is giving up completely

It's interesting that young white people on both sides are feeling disillusioned while old white people seem pretty stoked.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Crowder is giving up completely
LMAO what a fighter. What an inspiration. A man who believes so strongly in something he'll power through adversity and never give up.

:qq: :qq: A hoo bloo bloo my guy didn't win it's so unfair the country is doomed I give up :qq: :qq:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jerry Falwell Jr. tweeted the following to respond to someone asking how he could support Trump since he is for Planned Parenthood.

quote:

@lachlan @realDonaldTrump said he deplored PPH's abortion activities but thought they did some good things like cancer screening

Shortly after Erick Erikson gave a response that blew me away

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Jerry Falwell Jr. tweeted the following to respond to someone asking how he could support Trump since he is for Planned Parenthood.

Shortly after Erick Erikson gave a response that blew me away

I've got to say he sounds like someone who truly genuinely believes that abortion is actual murder

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Milo Yiannopoulos

gay icon

(couldn't find any anthropomorphized queer control panel icons, sadly)

You understand of course, Xanderkish, that you need to attend this talk seduce Milo, sleep with him, then reveal you are trans. and directly quote his articles "liberating" the public to use homophobic slurs, or maybe some of the writings of his gamergate buddies on race.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Feb 23, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's where it gets weird and why it's an obvious house of cards; they really don't like each other (some groups believe that only people who go to one specific church will get to Heaven) but got kitten herded together just enough to turn their hate elsewhere. What very few things they all agree on 100% are used to direct their disgust elsewhere; hence harping on gays and abortion so hard so long.

This really. Republican leaders have been using the unfocused frustration of groups who are slowly fading into cultural irrelevance as bait to control a large mass of completely unrelated people by pointing them at various targets since Nixon and Goldwater proved how successful it was. These people come from a wide variety of circumstances and often have wildly opposing beliefs, but as long as there was a convenient "other" to target, they'd march in step with whoever promised to destroy the latest scapegoat. This also has the convenient side effect of giving them an out whenever one of their plans failed by letting them just blame insidious grasp of "the other" or the impurity of the last acolyte of Conservatism whose successor will (naturally) be better. It allows them to build up a self-perpetuating dogma that galvanizes vulnerable voters into following them no matter how self-destructive it may be. Frankly, the base almost seems to want things to go badly just so they can something to fuel their anger rather than question their current ideals.

The problem is that directionless hatred doesn't create any real, coherent political platforms or any real unity once said "other" is destroyed. The dogma only has meaning if there is a dramatic battle to fight and competent governance doesn't offer that. So the leaders have to keep fanning the flames and creating new outrages just to sustain this perpetual battle. Now it seems to be growing so big that even the usual Republican puppeteers are losing control. Instead of rallying behind the people who have consistently failed to give them their victory, conservatives are flocking towards the candidate that's promising them what they want most blatant terms: a big, obvious enemies to direct all their frustrations at with full righteous fury, but without any of that messy thought to take away from their fantasies. It's no different than an out and out hate group.

I suppose that is why I hate Trump so much more than Cruz (and I hate Cruz pretty well): he's the modern reactionary mindset personified.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
"That's so gay..huh huh huh."

People, this is the kind of speech and open discourse we are losing at college campuses across the nation.