Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

Would it really hurt them long-term for that fuckup to just happen

Like what do you lose

Fix it so no one else gets it but this response is the dumbest one

They lose literally nothing. As I posted earlier, 65 mil really is not that much - you can seriously blow nearly a third of it on buying and kitting out one dire wolf. CBill prices are too inflated for this to actually cause harm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

Bentai posted:

God look at all those polishers.

The dude advocating for banning paying customers from an f2p for buying poo poo is destined for a spot in state government.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

They lose literally nothing. As I posted earlier, 65 mil really is not that much - you can seriously blow nearly a third of it on buying and kitting out one dire wolf. CBill prices are too inflated for this to actually cause harm.

I got 2 Arctic Cheetahs, 2 Stormcrows, and 2 Timberwolves out of this mess which honestly isn't a whole hell of a lot

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

Oh Snapple! posted:

65 million c-bills would get you three Dire Wolves. If you buy the Dire Wolf a la carte, it's like thirty bucks.

It's not literally nothing. It's literally something, and Russ needs your something, fellow gamer.

Preorder the Kodiak today! Only $70.00 USD for all five variants and the hero!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://mwomercs.com/news/2016/02/1485-hotfix-scheduled-for-february-22nd-at-2pm-pst10pm-utc

So apparently mobility quirks haven't, uh, actually been active all this time

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Ya, that 30 bucks is like a nights worth of cocaine.

e: haha holy poo poo, :pgi: really is 100% incompetent at just about everything they do aren't they. Hey at least 19 keeps the database servers running fine.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I loving knew it. No wonder all those mechs with turnrate boosts felt sluggish as poo poo.
Also, apparently that hotfix will revert anyone with negative c-bill balances to 0. You get to keep everything too. It's pretty hilarious that it took CS to tell them that this was an

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Volunteer community moderators are a great idea. Always have been.

Yes, copy some parts of the TOS saying that PGI can terminate your account without reason (account isn't terminated here) and that if you have any concerns about Copyright or Content issues fax or email them.

That will solve this guy's problems and end this discussion on a good note.

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

Pattonesque posted:

https://mwomercs.com/news/2016/02/1485-hotfix-scheduled-for-february-22nd-at-2pm-pst10pm-utc

Ahahahahahaha Good loving Lord. How quickly would these people bankrupt if they didn't have the license to prop them up?

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
My urbanmech is going to be more mobile?

:getin:

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

NihilCredo posted:

So, here's what I'm asking: can you show me a 65-tonner IS mech that is a better CQC laser brawler than this totally random Ebon Jaguar? Surely that should be easy?

(I swear, I'm not being bullheaded. I just keep seeing these utterly insane Clan builds being posted around (seriously, a 24-SRM volley from a motherfucking Jenner?? :wtc:), and when everybody shrugs and goes "oh well, IS mechs have better turn rates, lol" it makes me feel like either I'm the crazy one or I'm surrounded by crazy people who have succumbed to years and years of :pgi: bullshit. Please at least tell me everybody still agrees that ghost heat is loving retarded.)

You're focusing on some things that, while they are important, aren't the full picture. It's not really a clear cut decision - putting the two up against each other in a close range brawl, all else being equal the 5SS should win every time*, but in a real match you don't always have the benefit of engaging fresh at <297m and starting from cold. Heat sustain matters, and the EBJ's ability to shoot at 400m without losing quite as much of its damage is a really nice factor, as is the increased speed and the more favorable hitboxes.

The long and short of it is, the EBJ is a bit better overall, but the 5SS is good enough. MWO will never be able to have any kind of perfect objective balance between mechs - there will always be some mechs that are flat out better or worse - but, for the most part, it doesn't matter in quick play. Working with your team and playing well will make a bigger difference than the choice between a 5SS and an EBJ.

* You looked at the alpha, and you looked at the sustain DPS, but the 5SS straight up beats the EBJ in the space in between. The 5SS has better DPS while there's heat to spare, and it takes longer to max out on heat than the EBJ. If you're standing at 20 paces and shooting CT, the 5SS wins every time on account of better DPS. If you're in close maneuvering and twisting, the 5SS has shorter pulse durations and a dead arm for shielding, meaning the EBJ should also lose every time. The EBJ wins when it can engage outside the 5SS's range or when the fight's been going on for long enough that its heat sustain becomes a bigger factor.

The Saddest Robot posted:

My urbanmech is going to be more mobile?

:getin:

Sadly, the urbanmech has no turn rate or acceleration quirks. If you have a Boar's Head, though...

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

quote:

Unfortunately this consolidation method was only added to the internal test builds. It was not brought into the main build. As a result the Quirk system functioned correctly during testing,

This is magical.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
So does having the weapon doors actually provide any sort of defensive/non-explodey bonus for the guns in it? I never knew there was supposed to be a firing delay difference. I just opened them because it looked cooler to have my Crab/King Crabs claws open and close.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Sard posted:

This is magical.

Atlas-S gets 35% accel/decel quirks. that should be fun

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
You mean all this time the locust WASN'T benefitting from its movement quirks??

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
That's going to have a serious effect on the rifleman too. 70% accel/decel? Makes the PPC's tempting.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Pattonesque posted:

Atlas-S gets 35% accel/decel quirks. that should be fun

The RFL-5D has 70% and probably the best weapon locations + quirks for PPC poptarting :getin:

A.o.D. posted:

Since December, apparently.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Jesus Christ now I am getting why :pgi: exists

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
The Rifleman really needs some better Internal Structure quirks though. Something to make it a little more in line with other IS heavies. As is, with the fix, it'll be much more agile.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
some of the bad clan 'mechs get great accel/decel quirks -- MLX. IFR, ADR, KFX, SUM, GAR, EXE

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

ZenVulgarity posted:

Jesus Christ now I am getting why :pgi: exists
Yep. They've earned it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Pattonesque posted:

some of the bad clan 'mechs get great accel/decel quirks -- MLX. IFR, ADR, KFX, SUM, GAR, EXE

The Summoner will still be terrible.

They need to give it structure boosts that put it on par with assault `Mechs for toughness, it can be the Clan pusher / tank, a role they lack entirely. It's very nimble / brawly feeling, it's just too fragile to be anything but red-hot garbage.

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

Looking forward to this, several of my robutts will get a nice boost. Hunchbacks gonna be agile as gently caress, Stalker-5M too. For a Stalker anyway.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Servers breathe again.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

The Saddest Robot posted:

So does having the weapon doors actually provide any sort of defensive/non-explodey bonus for the guns in it? I never knew there was supposed to be a firing delay difference. I just opened them because it looked cooler to have my Crab/King Crabs claws open and close.

It used to be ten percent extra armour or structure (I forget which) that only applied when the doors were shut.

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

Fil5000 posted:

It used to be ten percent extra armour or structure (I forget which) that only applied when the doors were shut.

I wish I could just remove the doors from the mechs that have them. I always just toggle them open at the beginning of a match anyway. Or forget that they're there and whiff an SRM volley, which is worse than losing the bonus the doors nominally provide.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Oh god these quirks. My Rifleman 5D starts and stops on a dime now.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

Pattonesque posted:

:circlefap:

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Pattonesque posted:

This explains so much about why the poo poo fox handles like lukewarm molasses.

time to make my pirates bane dance.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Supraluminal posted:

I wish I could just remove the doors from the mechs that have them. I always just toggle them open at the beginning of a match anyway. Or forget that they're there and whiff an SRM volley, which is worse than losing the bonus the doors nominally provide.

Atleast the King Crab's 'door' claws open instantly. I don't see why they bothered to even have them closed in the first place if they were gonna do that.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Supraluminal posted:

On ghost heat: Yes, it's dumb, but so is boating a billion of one weapon type. :shrug: PGI should have made different fundamental design decisions at the outset to combat boating, but they didn't, so here we are. I don't know that removing ghost heat would make the game particularly better and there's almost no chance of them radically changing anything else at this point. One thing they could do, though, is add a bunch of UI support to make it obvious how it works and what the impacts are instead of having it be such a nebulous, easy-to-miss "your poo poo is hotter now!" warning.

Literally all it would need is a big HEAT SPIKE warning in the middle of your screen, like you get when you come under missile fire.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Colon Semicolon posted:

Atleast the King Crab's 'door' claws open instantly. I don't see why they bothered to even have them closed in the first place if they were gonna do that.

Because it looks cool. CLACK CLACK CLACK

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Vatek posted:

Crab claws are good

Stalker doors are bad

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
what nobody has said so far in regards to this C-bills stupidity is not that they screwed up by giving 10x the rewards - it's that THEY TOOK THEM AWAY WITHOUT EVEN AN EMAIL TO THEIR CUSTOMERS.

wtf PGI, how can you be so bad at customer service?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

ZenVulgarity posted:

Crab claws are good

Stalker doors are bad

I want a checkbox in the builder whether to have doors on or off.

:pgi:

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!
Ah, good, my -115m debt has been removed and they didnt repo my robots.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Klisejo posted:

Ah, good, my -115m debt has been removed and they didnt repo my robots.

How was debtors prison

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Klisejo posted:

I have a lot more money than sense.

If I ever follow through on my pipe dream to make a MechCommander game, I will create a "More Money than Sense" edition or whatever for people exactly like you

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Vatek posted:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PM5_dgKDsrc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Hah holy poo poo I just had to re-bind "set throttle 100%" to something I'll actually use. My Bounty Hunter's acceleration is enough now that I was outrunning how fast it would ramp up if I just held down the "throttle increase" button. :psyduck:

• Locked thread