Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
He is until Trump proves he can form a larger coalition.

The good news is that this question will be put to rest very soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Montasque posted:

I guess this closet meeting went as well as the Carson one:

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/701882028145246208

:wow:

Who knew that Jeb! was all which held back such an explosive deluge of shitthrowing.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

I guess this closet meeting went as well as the Carson one:

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/701882028145246208

:wow:

not exactly an elegant or artful pivot but drat

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Schnorkles posted:

He is until Trump proves he can form a larger coalition.

The good news is that this question will be put to rest very soon!

uh I think Rubio has to prove he can consolidate first

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

nachos posted:

uh I think Rubio has to prove he can consolidate first

thankfully these things kind of go hand in hand. He's obviously consolidating the establishment based on what's going on with endorsements.

Whether or not this translates to voting will directly impact trump's ability to form a larger coalition or vice versa.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JoePerticone/status/701889207393001474
???

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Pirate-themed parties sound all right I guess.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

I wonder if there's a campaign finance reason behind this, like if holding it in his own place would be considered an in kind donation from his company.

Or, more likely, the Treasure Island room is cheaper than what Trump sells space for and this is just The Art of the Deal.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

MaxxBot posted:

Rubio's constant characterization of Cruz as someone who "will do or say anything to be elected president" is pretty funny because if anything the criticism applies even moreso to Rubio, it's some pretty major projection.

Almost every person who ever ran for president would fit that characterisation. It just works especially well on Cruz because he's so incredibly blatant about it.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Alter Ego posted:

Hahaha, not with a bang but with a whimper. Adios, Jebster. Your legacy now consists of you getting dunked on by Donald Trump an infinite number of times.

If Jen Bush is the last sad fart of the Bush dynasty, what is his brother? A wall-painting, toilet destroying diarrhea?

Yet he is the popular one.

Mendicant
Sep 22, 2015

by zen death robot
I think it would be funner for trump to hold his party at someone else's hotel. He doesn't need to be the host, he just needs to be the guest of honor

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Samuel Clemens posted:

Almost every person who ever ran for president would fit that characterisation. It just works especially well on Cruz because he's so incredibly blatant about it.

Cruz is the most nixonian politician of my lifetime.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TI is way less expensive than TRUMP's golden vegas tower. Trump really is a fiscal conservative.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Joementum posted:

I wonder if there's a campaign finance reason behind this, like if holding it in his own place would be considered an in kind donation from his company.

Or, more likely, the Treasure Island room is cheaper than what Trump sells space for and this is just The Art of the Deal.
For one, TI is on the strip while the Trump hotel is not.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

i do not like your OTP

for a number of reasons

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Joementum posted:

he won't be able to yell about not paying for the lovely venue if he owns the place

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Obviously Trump should offer a discount to Cruz or Rubio to have their party under his roof.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
He wouldn't want to deprive someone of being able to rent out his hotel.

Voted AoD.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

What is with Cruz and secret meetings in closets?

This is an outstanding turn of events. It boosts Rubio greatly and there is hope on the R side that Cruz will drop. The thing is, I do not see Cruz dropping. Hell, to boost his name, I could even see him running Libertarian (he would have a better shot than Trump) Party if he feels like the RNC ruined him.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Updates:

DEMOCRATIC DELEGATE COUNT

• Hillary Clinton: 52 soft pledged, 15 soft unpledged, 67 total
  • Bernie Sanders: 51 soft pledged, 1 soft unpledged, 52 total
  • Uncommitted: 8 unpledged PLEOs

127 delegates awarded so far of the 2,651 district, 909 at large, 491 pledged PLEOs, 713 unpledged PLEOs, or 4,764 total available delegates to the DNC.

REPUBLICAN DELEGATE COUNT

• Donald Trump: 68 pledged
  • Ted Cruz: 11 pledged
  • Marco Rubio: 9 pledged
  • John Kasich: 5 pledged
  • Jeb! Bush: 4 pledged
  • Ben Carson: 3 pledged
  • Rand Paul: 1 pledged
  • Carly Fiorina: 1 pledged
  • Mike Huckabee: 1 pledged

103 delegates awarded so far out of the 2,265 pledged, 210 unpledged, or 2,472 total available delegates to the RNC

A couple notes:

1. The NV Dem vote hasn't been certified by the party yet, so there's still some question about whether Hillary should get the last delegate (as in the totals above) or Bernie.

2. Donald Trump now has 68 delegates because the NH Republican Party's certified results rounded based on delegate fractions, rather than total votes, giving Trump 11 delegates and Rubio only 2 (compared to 10 and 3 previously). This would appear to be against the state statue, but we'll see if there's any follow-up on it.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
What would you say is a rough number of delegates Trump would need that is not 50.1% to prevent a rat loving at the convention if the GOP were to be so inclined?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Joementum posted:

2. Donald Trump now has 68 delegates because the NH Republican Party's certified results rounded based on delegate fractions, rather than total votes, giving Trump 11 delegates and Rubio only 2 (compared to 10 and 3 previously). This would appear to be against the state statue, but we'll see if there's any follow-up on it.

I can't helpt but feel that if your voting rules are so arcane that not even the people in charge manage to follow them, maybe it's time to rethink the system.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Michael Corleone posted:

What would you say is a rough number of delegates Trump would need that is not 50.1% to prevent a rat loving at the convention if the GOP were to be so inclined?

3/5ths

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

The same number of votes black people will have under his presidency

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Full Battle Rattle posted:

If Trump can successfully peel of Cruz support it's over.

Trump gets 43% of Cruz's voters compared to 36% Rubio if Cruz drops, so basically yes.

The better column is Bush's voters almost equally going to Rubio and Trump

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiAUIM8cw2I

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The Saurus posted:

Ahem, Trump is anti Muslim, not anti black.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Please clap.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Every single Marbo Rubio headline I've glanced since South Carolina has been "How Marco Rubio turned things around", "Why Rubio is the real winner in South Carolina" and so on. It's such a joke, reminds me of the desperate coverage of Jeremy Corbyn last year. I love how the establishment just says what the desperately want to be true in the media as if it will make it so.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Josh Lyman posted:

Ahem, Trump is anti Muslim, not anti black.

Central Park 5

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I got an early start on tomorrow's thread for the caucuses: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765478

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

The Saurus posted:

Well, no. I just don't think a convention ending in a 3/5ths compromise would look very good for Republicans.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Joementum, how much does being an establishment shill who desperately denies reality pay?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

The Saurus posted:

Joementum, how much does being an establishment shill who desperately denies reality pay?

Please clap.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

The Saurus posted:

Less than the actors Trump hires for his rallies :(

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

I've been sitting here listening to you dribble for more than three hours, when your guy said it'd be $100 for 2.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Joementum posted:

At least he pays out, I'm still waiting for my drat check from Soros

Cracked_Gear
Nov 4, 2013

I lost it when the air horn started playing TAPS

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Getting fired right before that TV spot makes me think whatever that interview whatever was going to be would have made it worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

TheTatteredKing posted:

Getting fired right before that TV spot makes me think whatever that interview whatever was going to be would have made it worse.

Makes me think that Ted Cruz is a colossal rear end in a top hat who fires his staff on TV without talking to them first.

• Locked thread