Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319373/is-elite-dangerous-sneakin-up-on-sc-us-and-maybe-overtaking-us

:laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Toysrme posted:

Either way, Dolvak was better than whoever will replace him.

Unless they put bowtie in that is literally not possible

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Look at all that content! So much open development! WHY ARE YOU WORTHLESS FUCKS NOT CONTENT WITH NO LESS THAN FOUR VIDEOS? Sure 2.2 is delayed for internal testing and in spite of promising monthly updates we're still stuck in whatever development hell has prevented us from delivering a single loving thing BUT LOOK MORE FUNNY VIDEOS ABOUT BUGS!

That link is interesting, the new youtube Star Citizen videos were starting to slow. Doing this they get more advertising on youtube, more content for backers via watching other players clip through things instead of doing it themselves. Plus more content for Around the Verse as talking about the game only raises expectations which gets them into trouble.

I think Sandi Gardiner is starting to lose interest in Reverse/Around the Verse, eating on camera is a small sign of this and with her hubby away for months we can expect a repeat of the low content months last year when he was shooting motion capture in the UK with people he finds attractive for more reason or another.

AP fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 23, 2016

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

"lemme just list a huge laundry list of reasons backers should be indignant about cut features and moved goal posts and instead tell them to stuff it"

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Berious posted:

I think you understand game development very well friend

Thank you.

I am trying my best to help others understand too. Other people are helping too o9

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Dear Chris,

I know you like to take distinctly non-spacey things like motorcycles and submarines and shoehorning them into your space adventures. Here is a very good idea that you should seriously consider

- The Space Galley
Of course it wouldn't have oars or drums and stuff, that would just be silly. Instead, 80 crewmen will each man a separate, manually operated thruster - this makes almost exactly as much sense as manual turrets. The head commando will direct them by pointing in a direction, and they will keep in sync by... OK I lied, there will be oarsmen and drummers. Also it has a trireme-style rod in the front for ramming.

The drumming should be heard in nearby ships to immersialize their fear and awe.

You're very welcome

I would unironically play this game.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

notoriousman posted:

"lemme just list a huge laundry list of reasons backers should be indignant about cut features and moved goal posts and instead tell them to stuff it"

First they came for the co-pilot's chair, and I did not speak up because my ship didn't have one...

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

MeLKoR posted:

I would unironically play this game.

It's the perfect ship for Solar Plebeian. You could even click to beat the drum in time to make your space sex slaves row faster. Solar Plebeian will have everything you ever dreamed of so why not a space rowing rhythm game?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Toysrme posted:

How many 4k monitors does he have?

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Galarox posted:

Another eg of goons dictating the narative is the instabans on anything related to (a) Stimpire and (b) Commando

edited to add and (c) parp

Goons! We run this motha (PAAARP)

Who run the 'Verse? GOONS! (Goons!)

Who run this motha (PAAARP) Goons!

Some of them white knights think they poo poo post like we do
But no they don't
Make your paycheck go at Lesnik
Refunds for us no they won't

Boy don't even try to launch this (launch this)
Boy this build is crazy (crazy)
This is alpha maybe (maybe)
Fourth Stimpire Baby!

This goes out to all my goons
Banned from the brown sea and then from reddit
Who will melt it for themselves and get more chargebacks later
I think I need a Braben none of these sims can sate me

I'm no good with this
I remind you I poo poo post like this

Boy I'm just waiting on
The next AtV
Hope you still like it
(If you hate Sandi)

Your donation
Can build a space sim
Endless dev time, with our funds we can go longer
You'll do anything for him

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

aleksendr posted:

I propose the Space Galley as the first DLC ship for Solar Plebian. It start slow and weak but the more birds you collect the stronger it get.

Nice. Noted in ship ideas.

I'm legitimately considering collecting birds as ammo, which you can then fire out of your bird cannon at enemies. I feel like this would be fun. Thoughts?

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy
Have they ever mentioned why they aren't using a real star chart? I can't find a single system on the star map that corresponds to any real stars.

Does the immersion only go down to the level of a 5th grader's understanding of astronomy before they start making poo poo up?

Edit: Just found Gliese. So one real place.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 23, 2016

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Toops posted:

I'm legitimately considering collecting birds as ammo, which you can then fire out of your bird cannon at enemies. I feel like this would be fun. Thoughts?

I like the concept of a bird cannon. Please put a little helmet on the birds though I wouldn't like the Solar Plebeian to condone cruelty to birds

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Toops posted:

As long as the game has a giant gently caress all crab enemy boss in it somewhere, bird ammo is cool.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Well reddit accepted my application so I am now the new mod of /starcitizen
I hope you'll all join me in support in the coming months and years

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

hahahah

I can't even tell what posts in that thread are trolls and which are from legit retards. :psyduck:

That's a retard. Most trolls aren't that clever in their job

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

peter gabriel posted:

Nice.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

can someone get me the vid of this. pm me. im gonna do something to it and put it on the tube.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Toops posted:

Can the bird types be randomized/proceduraly generated?

Also, how will they look on my 4K monitors?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Toysrme posted:

I will have a hard time ever looking at Dolvak in a positive light after he baselessly smeared B4BG. It's the only time in this whole debacle where I actually got a bit salty.

Goons did the right thing by meticulously orchestrating his downfall through months of planning imo.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:five:

alternatively: captain b'tak??

Who is this captain b'tak?

Alternatively just fully caught up on all the Dolvak drama. Wow just wow. Knew he stepped down/was removed. But drat that shits hilarious. Made for a good afternoon of reading and laughs.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fuctifino posted:

I'm trying to fit in

How am I doing?

Too obvious, will get downvoted to hell. Something more akin to "Your anger would be understandable if you were talking about an expensive ship, but it is only a small scout, those things change all the time in game development, specially in an Alpha. Please get better informed about game development before screaming that the sky is falling"

Depends, if a guy completely laps you in a race as is getting close, is that considered to be "sneaking up"?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

peter gabriel posted:

WAIT WHUT?!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Too late to explain I already killed myself

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

The 90 days that Derek Smart gave Star Citizen was just before the important Oct/Nov sale period. It's always a risk to make predictions on something that complicated and therefore unpredictable but I think he was right to do it as at the time people could get refunds. It was an excellent way to focus minds on the fact that companies like this can go bust in that short a period of time with no warning. I expect quite a few people got money out because he said that.

There is also a certain hilarity to ignoring everything else that Derek predicted correctly, while focusing on the 90 day thing, completely ignoring that the Star Marine FPS Module was hyped for years with flashy videos by Chris Roberts and then gets binned. The thing that never appeared but generated a lot of money was around so long that it had two names.

Citizens one of these two people has taken money from you and you are holding him to lower standards of honestly than some random angry guy who's mad about you getting conned, if you want to track down that whiff of desperation I think you are looking in the wrong place.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Jst0rm posted:

can someone get me the vid of this. pm me. im gonna do something to it and put it on the tube.

http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity/v/48304471

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Daztek posted:

Will I be able to play as a bird and try to avoid spaceships

This is an amazing idea, and yes.

*waves hands like underwear in the breeze*

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Toops posted:

Bird cannon are used for bird strike testing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSafRuLB0c0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp7uLTNiGrQ

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

The 90 days that Derek Smart gave Star Citizen was just before the important Oct/Nov sale period. It's always a risk to make predictions on something that complicated and therefore unpredictable but I think he was right to do it as at the time people could get refunds. It was an excellent way to focus minds on the fact that companies like this can go bust in that short a period of time with no warning. I expect quite a few people got money out because he said that.

There is also a certain hilarity to ignoring everything else that Derek predicted correctly, while focusing on the 90 day thing, completely ignoring that the Star Marine FPS Module was hyped for years with flashy videos by Chris Roberts and then gets binned. The thing that never appeared but generated a lot of money was around so long that it had two names.

Citizens one of these two people has taken money from you and you are holding him to lower standards of honestly than some random angry guy who's mad about you getting conned, if you want to track down that whiff of desperation I think you are looking in the wrong place.

It has been 5 months since the star marine module got binned, officially little over 2 months now?

These people don't care at all. It's mind blowing.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

AP posted:

I think Sandi Gardiner is starting to lose interest in Reverse/Around the Verse, eating on camera is a small sign of this and with her hubby away for months we can expect a repeat of the low content months last year when he was shooting motion capture in the UK with people he finds attractive for more reason or another.

I was thinking the same thing when I read this too actually. Also the constant references to how "she only reads the lines" during AtV, with no attempt to actually work on it. She doesn't seem to give a poo poo anymore and crappy fan videos might be the solution to spending less energy on it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
At least Dolvak will have more free time to produce more high-quality content

quote:

This week on INNside the ‘Verse we talked a lot about the upcoming PTU for patch 2.2, and what’s expected to be dropped with it.

We also answered a bunch of good questions, and then talked for way too long about fast food restaurants. Because we’re cool like that.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Toops posted:

This is an amazing idea, and yes.

*waves hands like underwear in the breeze*

can the birds wear y-fronts?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lime Tonics posted:

It has been 5 months since the star marine module got binned, officially little over 2 months now?

These people don't care at all. It's mind blowing.

A lot of them do care I think.
It's just simmering in their IDE interface brains though, filed away in a folder called Impotent Rage To Do Files
Slowly some of the 500mhz and higher citizens are starting to come out of sleep mode and make ripples of discontent in their passive aggressive posting.

Captain B'Tak or whatever he is called is a Cyrix citizen, it could take him years.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Who is this captain b'tak?

Alternatively just fully caught up on all the Dolvak drama. Wow just wow. Knew he stepped down/was removed. But drat that shits hilarious. Made for a good afternoon of reading and laughs.

The carest of bears.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Berious posted:

It's the perfect ship for Solar Plebeian. You could even click to beat the drum in time to make your space sex slaves row faster. Solar Plebeian will have everything you ever dreamed of so why not a space rowing rhythm game?

Yes, it's going to have rowing, yes it's going to have male sex slaves.

*waves hands like banana hammocks in the breeze*

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

IT IS ALPHA

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Toops posted:

Yes, it's going to have rowing, yes it's going to have male sex slaves.

*waves hands like banana hammocks in the breeze*

Banana hammocks confirmed

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I would like an update from octopode on whether he still has faith in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

hanales posted:

Can the bird types be randomized/proceduraly generated?

yes.

hanales posted:

Also, how will they look on my 4K monitors?

loving TINY

• Locked thread