Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
MPA off Push's last album sounds like a track that could have been somewhere between Waves and, well, any point after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3peat
May 6, 2010

KTT detectives found the HD video for All day/I feel like that https://fpdl.vimeocdn.com/vimeo-pro...4c6395677d523ea
Apparently it had been out there for months on a really obscure site, but nobody clicked on the second page of the google video search for "feel like that" lol

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

3peat posted:

KTT detectives found the HD video for All day/I feel like that https://fpdl.vimeocdn.com/vimeo-pro...4c6395677d523ea
Apparently it had been out there for months on a really obscure site, but nobody clicked on the second page of the google video search for "feel like that" lol

Steve McQueen directed the video too which is pretty cool.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

SMDH if you don't bump Send it Up or I'm In It daily

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Paul Zuvella posted:

SMDH if you don't bump Send it Up or I'm In It daily

This post is my spirit animal

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Both those tracks are fantastic. I also play BotL (obviously) and Black Skinhead all the time. Other than that, though, not much.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Bound 2 and I can't handle my liquor rules too.

Yeezus is a loving great album.

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

The_Rob posted:

Bound 2 and I can't handle my liquor rules too.

Those are actually the worst two songs on the album, but you're still right that they rule. That's the level of Yeezus' greatness.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I want to add All Day to the bonus section but tidal seems to be too lovely to have the track they just have a video of it

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Paperback Writer posted:

Isn't he almost 40? Of course he's peaked already. Still a good album.

Killer Mike was in his 40s

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 22, 2016

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Killer Mike isn't that good

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Guilt Trip is a dope track too also

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tremendous Taste posted:

Look at this fuckin guy :eyepop:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

He was in his 40s when his career peaked you illiterate fuckboi, it wasn't a question of taste

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's gotta be one of the most ironic usernames of all time doe

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
You don't got the answers tremendous taste

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
I'm In It is great. The Chorus, the "Chasing love, all the bittersweet hours lost, Eatin' Asian pussy, all I need was sweet and sour sauce" line, the "Star Fucker" bridge. The Swaghili ending.

gently caress, Yeezus is great.

The dumb, vulgar lines in it usually felt like they had some sort of smarter logic behind them. "Keep It 300, Like the Romans" seems on the surface a pretty dumb line but it can also be seen that Kanye was empowering himself by re-appropriating white culture while disregarding it's actual source or heritage. This concept is also echoed on all the Yeezus tour merchandise where he used the confederate flag and metallica logo.

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 22, 2016

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Hold my Liquor is classic, one for giving chief keef emotional weight with that pulsing synth and two because "Slightly scratch your Corolla..Okay, I smashed your Corolla" is :lol:

That song switches from humor to guilt on a dime and it's one of my favorite works of his for sure.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Posts had me floatin

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

Tremendous Taste posted:

I saw RTJ at Pitchfork last year and this is wholly incorrect.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Mutant Standard posted:

The dumb, vulgar lines in it usually felt like they had some sort of smarter logic behind them. "Keep It 300, Like the Romans" seems on the surface a pretty dumb line but it can also be seen that Kanye was empowering himself by re-appropriating white culture while disregarding it's actual source or heritage. This concept is also echoed on all the Yeezus tour merchandise where he used the confederate flag and metallica logo.

😹😹😹

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

echronorian posted:

He was in his 40s when his career peaked you illiterate fuckboi, it wasn't a question of taste

Pl3dge came out when he was 36

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Itt white people stanning for killer Mike

Did I click on the Bernie thread

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
:yikes:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Jesus what the gently caress happened here.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Yeezy

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The Hype Williams Yeezus film never came out right?

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Wait, did I kill the thread? Whoops, sorry.

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
Yeezus is a great album but I never played it on a repeat for a week. This album is fantastic, I'm really enjoying the variety/sloppiness/whatever of it. Not counting the bonus tracks, the second half the album (Waves -> FML -> Real Friends -> Wolves) easily beats the second half of MBDTF, Lost in the World excepted. I pretty much zone out after Pusha T's verse in Runaway.

I just wish there were a couple more memorable verses other than Chance's on Ultralight Beam. Some of the great beats and musical moments are over too fast, I feel like could have milked a couple of these ala MBDTF and added a minute and another verse to almost every song.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah I wish Fade was like a minute longer or something.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

NicelyNice posted:

Yeezus is a great album but I never played it on a repeat for a week. This album is fantastic, I'm really enjoying the variety/sloppiness/whatever of it. Not counting the bonus tracks, the second half the album (Waves -> FML -> Real Friends -> Wolves) easily beats the second half of MBDTF, Lost in the World excepted. I pretty much zone out after Pusha T's verse in Runaway.

I just wish there were a couple more memorable verses other than Chance's on Ultralight Beam. Some of the great beats and musical moments are over too fast, I feel like could have milked a couple of these ala MBDTF and added a minute and another verse to almost every song.
Yeezus isn't that kind of album. Its not a club bangerz type of deal. I think its controversy legitimizes it.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

temple posted:

Yeezus isn't that kind of album. Its not a club bangerz type of deal. I think its controversy legitimizes it.

On the contrary, Yeezus is wall to wall bangers

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yeah I wish Fade was like a minute longer or something.

Same, I don't really like the intro part as much until the bass line kicks in, and it's just way too short afterwards.

Also I probably played Yeezus on repeat more than any other album.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

temple posted:

Yeezus is nothing but bangers, you are a crazy person

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I think a lot of people who didn't love Yeezus when it came out could benefit from going back and checking it out again. The gulf of expectation between what they wanted post-MBDTF might have been too much for them to overcome, speaking sound wise of course, not quality wise.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
"Put my fist in her like a civil rights sign"

10/10

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

echronorian posted:

"Put my fist in her like a civil rights sign"

10/10

That whole album has this weird juxtaposition where sex and civil rights go hand in hand. I think it's one of the more interesting parts of yeezus.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Yeah definitely.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The_Rob posted:

That whole album has this weird juxtaposition where sex and civil rights go hand in hand. I think it's one of the more interesting parts of yeezus.

What's funny is Yeezus was angry as poo poo but ends with Kanye in a relatively good place in Bound 2.

He finally found the one he wants to be with and is happy at the end.

TLOP is p much Kanye dealing with the fact he is married now, busy as poo poo, and going crazy because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Dexo posted:

What's funny is Yeezus was angry as poo poo but ends with Kanye in a relatively good place in Bound 2.

IMO Bound 2 is just as angry and confrontational as the other stuff on the album. Dude's had to hear how people wish he'd make music like he used to since Graduation, so he throws a track on there showing that if he wanted to he could do exactly that. Then the video for the song is him riding Kim all across some Lisa Frank version of the US.

• Locked thread