Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Mirificus posted:

The carest of bears.

And now those laughs have extended into my night. Don't ever change SC fans. You're amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

At least Dolvak will have more free time to produce more high-quality content

I skipped through some of this, the time I linked to above is a good solid 5 minutes of discussion about fast food outlets. We noticed the correlation between mental illness/Star Citizen a while ago, aside from :lesnick: the fast food/Star Citizen link is also interesting. You'll happily wait 10 years for a game but not 10 minutes for a cooked meal.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
From that INN stream (the things I do when I am bored)

quote:

-The people who listen to Chris Roberts are just fooling themselves at this point. Like, listen to everything Chris Roberts says except when those things are coming.
-Yeah. Do not trust Chris Roberts for dates, ever. Ever.
-His employees agree with us.
-Yes, yes. Stuff happens guys, this is the nature of development.

Toysrme
Nov 22, 2015

Wafflz posted:

How many 4k monitors does he have?
Not enough to compete xD
<3

Should I change from 4k monitors to core count or ram?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsznsXH_4Hg

Got 6 new dual xeon rigs running in the last few weeks. Got more xeon's waiting for boards/systems. xD

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, now they are talking about the buccaneer. This is for you beer

quote:

A new ship has been announced. It seems to be CIG's answer, literally the only thing they could do to mollify the drat cutlass fans is to give them their bloody ship. (Continues with lots of talk about how the cutlass is such a wonderful ship).

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Toysrme posted:

Not enough to compete xD
<3

Should I change from 4k monitors to core count or ram?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsznsXH_4Hg

Got 6 new dual xeon rigs running in the last few weeks. Got more xeon's waiting for boards/systems. xD

I like your window

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Toysrme posted:

Dolvak stepped down on the subreddit. Having spoken with him privately before; he had no issues talking about the negative aspects of Star Citizen. Unlike most (anyone running any type of public group in SC); He also has called CIG out several times in the past for loving some things up. He just never did it regularly like others in less visible community positions had.

At least at one point in recent months, INN was tossing around the idea of doing an exposé involving CIG's biased moderation staff with people that have run across them; attempted silencing of opinions / people they dislike & making up non-existent rules on the spot to do so. Patrik-CIG (former lead moderator of CIG's forum/chat) sat down on his job for 3 months riding the clock and is now is gone...

Either way, Dolvak was better than whoever will replace him.

What a crock of poo poo, Dolvak has done nothing but run interference for CIG.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

trucutru posted:

From that INN stream (the things I do when I am bored)

quote:

-The people who listen to Chris Roberts are just fooling themselves at this point. Like, listen to everything Chris Roberts says except when those things are coming.
-Yeah. Do not trust Chris Roberts for dates, ever. Ever.
-His employees agree with us.
-Yes, yes. Stuff happens guys, this is the nature of development.

haha the mental gymnastics

these guys totally didn't believe the original release date because they knew you cant trust crobbers. but lets give him money and no accountability anyways because ~*DREAMS*~

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016
I really like how the SC forumites think Elite is becoming rapaciously cash hungry. An $80 dollar expansion is, to their eyes, a sign of corporate desperation. It is as if they have no self-awareness whatsoever.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Ghostlight posted:

can the birds wear y-fronts?

yes. and those tops that are cut off really high so the beubs are dangling out the bottom.

*waves hands like jizz socks on a belly*

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

haha the mental gymnastics

these guys totally didn't believe the original release date because they knew you cant trust crobbers. but lets give him money and no accountability anyways because ~*DREAMS*~

To be fair stuff happens, it's the nature of developmBBZZZZ ZZZZzzzzzzz

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Toysrme posted:

I hope every one of those blows up due to brick ESD you irresponsible person :colbert:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Lime Tonics posted:

As long as the game has a giant gently caress all crab enemy boss in it somewhere, bird ammo is cool.

It needs to be a giant space hermit crab, that uses a planet for its shell, and that planet is inhabited by giant hermit crab babies of varying sizes.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wulfling posted:

It needs to be a giant space hermit crab, that uses a planet for its shell, and that planet is inhabited by giant hermit crab babies of varying sizes.

The moons could be huge barnacles, but really fun, easy going barnacles just chilling and having good times in space

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I was thinking the same thing when I read this too actually. Also the constant references to how "she only reads the lines" during AtV, with no attempt to actually work on it. She doesn't seem to give a poo poo anymore and crappy fan videos might be the solution to spending less energy on it.
This Wesnesday will be an interesting test. Cherie will be one of the faces on RtV subscriber edition and if Sandi is paying attention, she will yet again face a wall of backers clamoring for more of her in CIG videos...

Sandi clearly doesn't give a crap about the show itself. Showing up seemingly blazed ramming timtams in her mouth for 20 minutes while saying little more than "what are you guys all smiling about?" and "I just ate two bags of these" and "I'm starting my diet with you guys" is about as IJDGAF as it gets.

All the same, I don't think she will be pleased if viewership is notably higher, or backers start clamoring for more Cherie. It like a certain mirror telling a certain queen about a certain maiden...

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Sperglord posted:

I really like how the SC forumites think Elite is becoming rapaciously cash hungry. An $80 dollar expansion is, to their eyes, a sign of corporate desperation. It is as if they have no self-awareness whatsoever.

Only if you wanted it absolutely when it got out. A month later it was down to 70$ and now its 50$, probably going to be 30$ this summer and 20$ in the Christmas sale.

Last time CIG had a sale it was for a 35$ aurora packages instead of the regular 45$. But of course those 35$ packages did not count for recruitment purpose until the person activating the referral code purchased 10$ more in the CIG store.

Also, now due to the "split" the whole star Citizen experience is up from 45$ to 90$. I got Basic Elite for 18$ in loonies, cheaper than anything i can buy from CIG aside access to a part of their forums.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

It's like a map in Xbox Trials...

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319373/is-elite-dangerous-sneakin-up-on-sc-us-and-maybe-overtaking-us

:omarcomin: The first thing that comes to mind when I think about SC ships is how well thought through they were from the start.

e: jesus christ that entire thread is pro-read. I'd be quoting almost all of it.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 23, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
e: wtf double post

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

It's like a map in Xbox Trials...

Assuming these figures have some meaning, I think that's the lowest since 2.0 was released and it's only the start of the week. If the 2.0 effect is finally wearing off March/April are going to be interesting to watch.

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

aleksendr posted:

Only if you wanted it absolutely when it got out. A month later it was down to 70$ and now its 50$, probably going to be 30$ this summer and 20$ in the Christmas sale.

Last time CIG had a sale it was for a 35$ aurora packages instead of the regular 45$. But of course those 35$ packages did not count for recruitment purpose until the person activating the referral code purchased 10$ more in the CIG store.

Also, now due to the "split" the whole star Citizen experience is up from 45$ to 90$. I got Basic Elite for 18$ in loonies, cheaper than anything i can buy from CIG aside access to a part of their forums.

$80 for a season pass is a perfectly respectable cost, high, but not outrageous. The Star Citizen ship prices are utterly out of this world. For example, the new Drake ship is likely to be Sabre priced, as the design doc referenced it. $180 for JPEGs instead of $80 for a year's worth of content.

About the income, I fully anticipate CIG will release a SQ42 trailer sometime soon. CIG knows how to rustle video gamers jimmies with a new "In Engine" video, that has no connection to the actual game. Something like that 'should' come soon, maybe in time for GDC.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319373/is-elite-dangerous-sneakin-up-on-sc-us-and-maybe-overtaking-us

:omarcomin: The first thing that comes to mind when I think about SC ships is how well thought through they were from the start.

Each ship is built from the ground up 4 or 5 times so they are 4 or 5 times better :smug:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MeLKoR posted:

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe
The amount of cognitive dissonance exhibited by shitizens will never cease to amaze me

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
LOL the Cutlass is getting LESS maneuverable because they hate how it looks.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

I assume Chris Roberts gets a report every week with the number of people playing. That's the only reason I'd see for putting effort into this poo poo when you could just invite based on percentages of people who actually log in.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

MeLKoR posted:

e: jesus christ that entire thread is pro-read. I'd be quoting almost all of it.

Elite doesn't even work. Only half the ships work and it constantly crashes to desktop.

AP posted:

I assume Chris Roberts gets a report every week with the number of people playing. That's the only reason I'd see for putting effort into this poo poo when you could just invite based on percentages of people who actually log in.

Like, if you don't have enough people testing, then invite more. Repeat. Seems kind of simple. Why the fixed numbers at all? (database smeg)

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 23, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

MeLKoR posted:

Yes it reminds me of the ship I have that I don't know the name of where to get in it you crouch under it, click <<USE>> and a manhole cover drops off from the bottom and an immersion ladder pokes out, you click <<USE>> again and slowly clamber inside then click <<USE>> again to scamper along the floor like some loving hobo until you get to your seat and it spins around, you sit down and spin around again then wait for the computer thing to slowly wake up and say HELLO COMMANDO WELCOME TO CLOWN SHOES ENTERPRISES ENJOY YOUR FLIGHT

You just don't get that in Elite

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

AP posted:

it's also potentially another way to maintain to the illusion of progress by staggering the waves over a long period of time.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I know Ben is not a great dude himself with how he bullshits the backers all day and all but goddamn when I see this gif of him struggling to lift is own rear end or the little eyes hidden in the fat I feel terrible for the guy...

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

What a crock of poo poo, Dolvak has done nothing but run interference for CIG.
And vape.

The thing I still can't make sense of is why he stayed friendly with Alyssa after the Santa Monica bloodbath. Alyssa clearly was purged due to suspicions of disloyalty. The firings turned Beer publically against Sandi and Chris. Then Dolvak sides with CIG and calls Beer a traitor. Then Dolvak stays friendly with one of the people Beer was mad to see fired...

How does Dolvak reconcile these entirely contradictory moral positions?

I hate to credit the guy with any depth because come on-- but that there's is an outright enigma.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

peter gabriel posted:

The moons could be huge barnacles, but really fun, easy going barnacles just chilling and having good times in space

Are they going to hang out with, or be colonies of the Childankly or however thats spelled?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A Neurotic Jew posted:

it's also potentially another way to maintain to the illusion of progress by staggering the waves over a long period of time.

I think they do it in stages because they are breaking so much new ground with the game even the nerds at Google don;t know what will happen if that much fidelity, scope and ambition gets released into the wild at one time.

This is uncharted territory

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I was just reviewing some of the more enjoyable stretch goals that RSI has, for some reason, left up on their site. Please keep in mind when reading these that CIG committed to these features even if funding dried up 100% after reaching these numbers.

$3.5 million

Cockpit decorations – Turn your stock cockpit into your home with personalized decorations; amaze your friends with bobbleheads, photographs, dinosaurs, fuzzy dice, nose art, posters and many more cool options!

Just because the word "dinosaurs" is nested between smaller items like bobbleheads and fuzzy dice is no reason to believe this does not refer to full-size dinosaurs roaming around my cargo bay. Maybe this is what they meant by birds?

$3.75 million

Squadron 42 will feature a richer storyline and 45 total missions.

This one has always been a personal favorite, because it implies there are two storylines. A weak-sauce one if funding had missed the goal, and a "richer" one if we were all good little boys and girls and gave the Crimperor enough cash. {Spoiler alert: Chris can't write a rich storyline.)

$9 million

All backers who pledge before June 28, 2013 will receive a Roberts Space Industries Class II space suit in their hangar.

What is interesting about this goal is that the previous stretch goal was marked at $6 million, and that this is the only stretch goal linked to the $9 million figure.. The implication is that this space suit cost $3 million to create and add to the game.

$18 million

Exclusive star system for pre-launch backers. Only players who support the game before its launch will receive the computer coordinates needed to allow their jump drives to access this system.

A private star system. With only 15 other players allowed on any given server, I'm not sure how important that will be. It still may not be safe enough for B'Tak.

$19 million

Manage Space Stations – Players will compete to own and operate a limited number of space stations across the galaxy.

Wait, wait... what? I haven't heard anything about this. This seems pretty important. Almost like they tried to stick a gaming element in this game. Like everything else, jack poo poo is fleshed out and what exactly this means is left entirely to your imagination, but I'm surprised this doesn't get more attention. A game within a game - and for one-third the price of a space suit.

$28 million

New Starter Ship – The team at Consolidated Outland has decided to take Roberts Space Industries head on in 2944 by premiering the Mustang personal spacecraft. We will use these additional resources to create another ship company and starter ship for Star Citizen. The new ship will be offered for sale alongside the Aurora, so players have a choice between two options to begin the game!

I find it interesting to note that they were able to meet a $28 million stretch goal, but we still don't have cockpit decorations from $24.5 million dollars back. Those must be some high fidelity bobbleheads.

I might look at more later on. The list is immense, and every one of those items was added completely off the cuff, with no design, no planning, and no consideration as to whether or not any of it will work in any way at all. Just completely made up poo poo with a real-world price tag, and people paid it willingly. I wonder if listing all that stuff in the way they did legally obligates them to deliver, because if so, things are going to get real messy in a hurry.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 23, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ahahaha, these INN guys are catty as gently caress. They are basically just waiting for any kind of excuse to pile on each other. They have an inner goon but are too drat, well, who knows exactly what their mayor malfunction is because goons are fat lispy nerds too. In any case, the have the social skills of retarded cat.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ponzi posted:

The amount lack of cognitive dissonance exhibited by shitizens will never cease to amaze me

:bahgawd:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wulfling posted:

Are they going to hang out with, or be colonies of the Childankly or however thats spelled?

You'd hope so.
Their mortal enemies are the clams I think, yeah clams

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

Ayn Marx posted:

I know Ben is not a great dude himself with how he bullshits the backers all day and all but goddamn when I see this gif of him struggling to lift is own rear end or the little eyes hidden in the fat I feel terrible for the guy...

I've insulted him directly, but I, as well, pity the creature every time I see him.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

G0RF posted:

And vape.

The thing I still can't make sense of is why he stayed friendly with Alyssa after the Santa Monica bloodbath. Alyssa clearly was purged due to suspicions of disloyalty. The firings turned Beer publically against Sandi and Chris. Then Dolvak sides with CIG and calls Beer a traitor. Then Dolvak stays friendly with one of the people Beer was mad to see fired...

I hate to credit the guy with any depth because come on-- but that there's is an outright enigma.

the dude couldn't wrap his mind around how implying a journalist is faking his sources is an attack on his journalistic integrity. He's one of the fortunate few that are too dull to experience cognitive dissonance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

G0RF posted:

And vape.

He was probably hoping she'd need a printer in a pinch some day.

• Locked thread