Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Foodahn posted:

https://twitter.com/SFVServer/status/701947647398023168

SFV server maintenance extended "indefinitely"
Thanks for playing the Street Fighter 5 Open Beta!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Foodahn posted:

i like this game a whole lot but it's too bad "Street Fighter V: Indefinite" cannot be the thread title.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I think Ryu is a worse match for Laura than Claw. You have no easy way to get in on fireball spam whereas you at least have /some/ options against Claw, specifically playing a weird shoto style fireball/DP game against him.

The worst of the bad matchups, (apart from Chun where I agree entirely) I don't see enough to comment on well.

Ok so I spent the entire weekend playing my friend who is very solid(top128 at evo last year, makes it out of pools almost ever year. Top 32 in SFxT one year) and he is maining Laura. Ryu vs Laura seems pretty even to me. EX bolt threatens enough that you can't be very careless with Ryu since maintaining good spacing its entirely able to be done on reaction(you should have like a 1/3 of a second to do it if you are just outside of normal ranges its not hard). Laura has really decent normals, I don't even think Chun out footsies here very hard once Laura gets meter, you get counterhit once and eat buffered bolt or a crush counter. Just my 2 cents

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Foodahn posted:

everyone buy xrd

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Foodahn posted:

Good thing I wanted to play XCom tonight!

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Servers down until March's miracle patch.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Foodahn posted:

I picked a drat fine day to buy SFV.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
This game almost lasted a week.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

This game almost lasted a week.

longer than it deserved

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

cams posted:

is this a real thing? i'm not sure i don't commit internet people to memory so i don't know if this is jokes.

if not, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_9qEnm_Nik

Nah man that's Kazunoko, I'm talking about this other guy.

(the joke is that James Chen is really bad at Japanese people's names/nicks and constantly mispronounces Kazunoko as "Kazunoku")

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY

A.o.D. posted:

Birdie doesn't seem to be a particularly bad matchup for Vega.

Itazan vs. most people is 10-0, though. I guess your counterpick is to become kazunoku?

drat that is one hella fine counterpick. he made some good money last year too, so it'd be a p good life decision

and yeah i'll probably try balrog (and alex and urien) when he comes out. only playing claw atm because i don't find any of the characters currently in the game to be much fun at all

and geez fine okay i'll learn the birdie matchup and challenge itazan to a ft10 or something

i'll show you all!!!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
IN
DE
FINITELY DELAYED

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Capcom is just trying to get as many people to quit as possible so their server can handle whoever's left.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

AnonSpore posted:

Nah man that's Kazunoko, I'm talking about this other guy.

(the joke is that James Chen is really bad at Japanese people's names/nicks and constantly mispronounces Kazunoko as "Kazunoku")

My favorite is "Daigo Umahara."

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
I got this game for pc and I'm having some issues with performance/fps. The game usually runs at 60fps but frequently dips into the 50~59 range which slows it down. My specs are -

i3-4160 @ 3.60GHz
gtx 750ti
8GB ram

Playing with the graphics settings doesn't seem to give any appreciable decrease in frame drops, even with everything set to low. I've also tried fullscreen and windowed at 1280x720, both with max/low settings and it didn't seem to matter. Installed that nvidia driver that was posted in the old thread and no change. On the bright side I guess this means I might as well play with everything at max but the slowdown is still frustrating. I tried playing online with a friend and it felt smoother there but he said I was teleporting a bit and it was annoying to deal with and I'd rather not be "that guy" who makes the game lovely for everyone else I play against. Is there anything else I can do with what I have? Is this something that is likely to be patched somehow by Capcom or have a mod developed for?

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

I just bought this game yesterday, with a hopeful gleam in my eye, maybe this will be the fighting game I get into. I guess I have to wait an indefinite amount of time, although I'm pretty sure that is just a bad word choice that is meant to mean, "Why bother continuously extending this by an hour? We pay this twitter man five bucks per tweet."

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

great everyone get on that offline hard survival :gonk:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Butyraceous posted:

I just bought this game yesterday, with a hopeful gleam in my eye, maybe this will be the fighting game I get into. I guess I have to wait an indefinite amount of time, although I'm pretty sure that is just a bad word choice that is meant to mean, "Why bother continuously extending this by an hour? We pay this twitter man five bucks per tweet."
yeah, i joked about it in discord but the use of the word indefinite was definitetly a mistake. just go "we encountered some problems after applying fixes, please give us time to make corrections."

pay me $5 per tweet

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
"Gg no re" - capcom's servers

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Vanrushal posted:

I got this game for pc and I'm having some issues with performance/fps. The game usually runs at 60fps but frequently dips into the 50~59 range which slows it down. My specs are -

i3-4160 @ 3.60GHz
gtx 750ti
8GB ram

Playing with the graphics settings doesn't seem to give any appreciable decrease in frame drops, even with everything set to low. I've also tried fullscreen and windowed at 1280x720, both with max/low settings and it didn't seem to matter. Installed that nvidia driver that was posted in the old thread and no change. On the bright side I guess this means I might as well play with everything at max but the slowdown is still frustrating. I tried playing online with a friend and it felt smoother there but he said I was teleporting a bit and it was annoying to deal with and I'd rather not be "that guy" who makes the game lovely for everyone else I play against. Is there anything else I can do with what I have? Is this something that is likely to be patched somehow by Capcom or have a mod developed for?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/310950/discussions/0/405692224224082044/

Yes, this actually works.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
"Indefinitely" huh?

Someone's getting their rear end kicked when PR/Execs see that.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Back on :getin:

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I'm so confused.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Dias posted:

Good thing I wanted to play XCom tonight!

Vigilo Confido!

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

servers are supposedly back but i can't login

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

lamentable dustman posted:

servers are supposedly back but i can't login

Same.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

A.o.D. posted:

Vigilo Confido!

More like gently caress I Have No Soldiers Stop Sending Me On Hard Missions!

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Didn't work for me. :\ It actually tanked my fps to ~20, no matter what my settings were. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Vanrushal posted:

Didn't work for me. :\ It actually tanked my fps to ~20, no matter what my settings were. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

I was having similar issues and upgrading to Windows 10 solved them, which I assume had more to do with deleting all old video card driver information and reinstalling it than anything to do with Windows itself, so you could try that.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Jmcrofts posted:

New tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFzO6HBZhLQ

Seems like a lot of people don't know how to use the guard recovery record thingy in training mode so hopefully this is helpful.

Can you make like ten more of these per day thanks in advance

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jmcrofts posted:

New tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFzO6HBZhLQ

Seems like a lot of people don't know how to use the guard recovery record thingy in training mode so hopefully this is helpful.

you're the man and i train your methods every day.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Vanrushal posted:

I have an i3 as well and disabling core0 (not 0 and 1) and putting the game in high priority stops my very infrequent FPS dips.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
You guys know "SFVServer" isn't a real Capcom Twitter account, right?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Brosnan posted:

It wouldn't be easy to tell considering like 1 of their accounts are verified

https://twitter.com/capcomfighters?lang=en
https://twitter.com/capcom_unity
https://twitter.com/StreetFighter

Also unity, (the only verified one) retweets them, and has been posting useful info at least since the beta and the random stress tests.
I'm thinking it might be just poorly done (just like sfv)

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 23, 2016

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
One more quick one for you guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YZ13vFgbwc

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brosnan posted:

It's getting retweeted by the official Capcom account. What is your point?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

SectumSempra posted:

It wouldn't be easy to tell considering like 1 of their accounts are verified

Yeah apparently I'm wrong bc I thought the "sorry guys the servers are down indefinitely" tweet was an obvious troll, turns out Capcom is actually that bad at their jobs.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Brosnan posted:

Yeah apparently I'm wrong bc I thought the "sorry guys the servers are down indefinitely" tweet was an obvious troll, turns out Capcom is actually that bad at their jobs.

You have more faith in capcom than I.

They try though, you can give them that,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brosnan posted:

"Indefinitely" is more like "uhm, something weird's going on here and maybe this will take longer than it should" when it comes to these things.