Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

boom boom boom posted:

If you want a good Spider-Gwen, wait for the Bishoujo

Go start a statue thread.

Rhyno posted:

Huh. Was $30 when I checked this afternoon.

Now conjure up Gwen & Venom at that price.

Tell your customers how much Venom sucks and how much better the select version is, hth. As for Gwen, well, I can't solve ALL your problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Tell your customers how much Venom sucks and how much better the select version is, hth. As for Gwen, well, I can't solve ALL your problems.

I already have 6 MS Venom's on order for the the new release hits. This dude is ML only.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

I hope that's just the angle and that she doesn't have T-Rex arms.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I already have 6 MS Venom's on order for the the new release hits. This dude is ML only.

Tell him I told him it's not good in-hand. And that I wish I had saved my money so I could afford one of those goddam $43 Onslaughts on Amazon because I'm sick of not owning one.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

boom boom boom posted:

Her shoes are wrong. Those are flats not chucks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Tell him I told him it's not good in-hand. And that I wish I had saved my money so I could afford one of those goddam $43 Onslaughts on Amazon because I'm sick of not owning one.

I think he's a completist. The worst kind of collector.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

I only own She-Hulk in this line because I :swoon: over She-Hulk but this might have to be her first friend.

Also I am a huge Venom nerd and I am underwhelmed by the ML. Like, he could have at least had pointy fingers, but without that you just can't have tongue Venom.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Rhyno posted:

Huh. Was $30 when I checked this afternoon.

Now conjure up Gwen & Venom at that price.

If you look up the Spider Gwen figure on Amazon, there are a couple that are $30 from other sellers.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

Found out today that Diamond allocated our cases of the Absorbing Man wave. I need a Gwen and Venom for customers and a Ben Reilly for myself. If anybody can help me out I would owe you big time.

The Target near my work has Ben sitting on the pegs, I'll grab him for you and keep an eye out for the others.

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
I have the ML Venom and I think its just fine. The select one is better overall, but the ML one looks better next to other ML figures to me.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

My girlfriend just found me a Venom hidden away at a Walmart. It's a really great figure and it does actually have pointed fingertips.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

boom boom boom posted:

The anime face is one thing, but why does she have oddly realistic thunder thighs?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Her shoes are wrong. Those are flats not chucks.

Chucks are not bishoujo.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Travis343 posted:

My girlfriend just found me a Venom hidden away at a Walmart. It's a really great figure and it does actually have pointed fingertips.

What.

Tips or GTFO

(Post a picture please)

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The Rage posted:

What.

Tips or GTFO

(Post a picture please)

I'm at work right now. If someone else can't take a snap of Venom's claws I'll get you after five.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Travis343 posted:

I'm at work right now. If someone else can't take a snap of Venom's claws I'll get you after five.

"Claws" is probably stretching it, but they seem pointer than usual, sure: http://www.preternia.com/2016/01/marvel-legends-spider-man-series-venom-2016-review/

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah he's got like long fingernails. It's not like Freddy Kruger or anything but this is a more restrained, early appearance Venom. It captures that era very well and he can hit a lot of nice poses. Really fun figure.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Went to work today to get my hours, and while the Marvel Legends is still the Red Onslaught (which looks like they had everyone but Taskmaster out on the floor) and the Rhino wave that nobody buying, they actually got some new Star Wars figures in. Picked up Jango Fett and the Flametrooper for 30 total after the buy one get one half off deal.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

SH MonsterArts revelaed their 54 Godzilla today!! So glad I never jumped on the NECA one.

This is confirmed to be in black and white too.

I unpacked my Destroyah this week since its been sitting since April 15 and ive been lazy. I wretched my goddamn hands getting the loving tail back on plus the wings which fell apart. These joints are insanely hard - I don't think heating them up really did anything. Plus Destroyah is covered in goddamn spikes so you can't really grip without getting poked.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I saw a picture of a guy who got his King Ghidora with the tail popped off the joint. He'd forced it back on, and it looked like he'd taken a cheesegrater to his palms.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I saw most of the Red Onslaught wave yesterday, only picked up Mockingbird and will buy the rest of the BAF parts on eBay.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I saw most of the Red Onslaught wave yesterday, only picked up Mockingbird and will buy the rest of the BAF parts on eBay.

Have the part prices got better? Last time I checked they were almost the price of just buying the figures alone.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

I did the R2-D2 and R5-D4 Bandai Model Kit. First model kit iv done and it was pretty fun to do, Im going to do some more of them I think.

Few more photos here
http://imgur.com/gallery/5IEOm/new

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Did you paint that yourself?

Also the comments on those pictures are something else.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I found Jango and Stormtrooper Fynn today, they both looked great. I left behind an old Han and Phasma, are people still looking for them?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

TouchToneDialing posted:

I did the R2-D2 and R5-D4 Bandai Model Kit. First model kit iv done and it was pretty fun to do, Im going to do some more of them I think.

Few more photos here
http://imgur.com/gallery/5IEOm/new

Nice paint job!

They look pretty good unpainted but the paint really makes them pop

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I have an old Hasbro 1/6 scale R2 that I've thought about repainting, especially since the cheap white plastic has gradually taken on a yellow tinge. The sculpt is actually just about perfect. He doesn't have opening panels or accessories or anything but the third leg retracts. It's a nice toy. The decision is just whether to gently caress with it or not. That picture makes me feel like I should.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I broke down and bought the rest of the Captain America wave from work, minus Captain America. While I do have the Red Skull head, I gave Onslaught a different head.

Poor Cottonmouth got clipped out of the frame.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Is the McFarlane Spiderman figure really worth it? I have one and am considering to sell it. Spiderman is not my fav character and Pizza Spidey was pretty drat good IMHO. I just don't get the obsessive appeal of this figure.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Cocks Cable posted:

Is the McFarlane Spiderman figure really worth it? I have one and am considering to sell it. Spiderman is not my fav character and Pizza Spidey was pretty drat good IMHO. I just don't get the obsessive appeal of this figure.

I replaced my 'McFarlane Spidey' with Pizza Spidey. It's a better figure all around IMO. McFarlane Spidey (which actually looked a lot closer to J Scott Campbell's art if you ask me) was the gold standard Spidey for years but it really has nothing over Pizza Spidey.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Neat! Sideshow has some figure pics up of the Green Lantern figure. Looks pretty cool.

INCREDIBLY surprised he doesn't come with a boxing glove though.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
So there was the Amazing Spider-Man 2 Spidey (which I have), pizza-Spidey which is more comic accurate, and now there's ANOTHER 6-inch Spider-Man coming out with the Dormamu line? What's the point? That pizza-Spidey seemed drat near perfect. I didn't pick it up 'cause I like my Amazing Spider-Man 2 figure fine, but drat.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Reinanigans posted:

So there was the Amazing Spider-Man 2 Spidey (which I have), pizza-Spidey which is more comic accurate, and now there's ANOTHER 6-inch Spider-Man coming out with the Dormamu line? What's the point? That pizza-Spidey seemed drat near perfect. I didn't pick it up 'cause I like my Amazing Spider-Man 2 figure fine, but drat.

The new spidey is on a smaller body, it's supposed to be Ultimate Peter Parker before he died.

Also theyve got to keep a Spider-man on the shelves. People like spiderman!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Also he's not part of the Dormammu wave, that's the Dr Strange movie wave.

Ultimate Spidey's wave was him, Miles, Silk, Hobgoblin, and the rest unnamed. Word is Electro and Shocker may be on it though, but no clues on the BAF.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hot Toys new Endo is up at Sideshow today! :) been wanting one forever! I don't mind that it's the Genesys model - looks good enough!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Current rumor for the ML X-Men wave is that Juggernaut is the BAF, which was "confirmed" via an email from Hasbro Brazil.

I'm disappointed if Juggs is the BAF since it means no new unique character the whole wave, that and ML6 and/or MS Juggs are acceptable fill-ins (I know lots of people hate the MS's scale but I'm okay with it), whereas ML7 Apocalypse desperately needs a redo. Seems Hasbro's plan is to either be conservative with character choices by going with surefire hits (Deadpool, Rogue) while filling in with much needed redos (Phoenix, Kitty). I"m still hoping this wave is a litmus test for future X-Men waves as it already seems guaranteed to sell extremely well as is.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It's not a rumor, it's a fact.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I am not surprised. I noticed at work the snap together kid Marvel figures has Juggernaut in the mix. I don't mind since I never got the Select figure.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Bummer. I was really hoping for Sauron but was tentatively okay with an Apocalypse if he came with alt-arms and stuff like Absorbing Man. Juggs is a waste of a slot. He already had a redo...in the Spiderman classics line :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Surefire hits like White Tiger and Cottonmouth.